I finally got the game! (Conquest)

wissenschaft

37 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Sol, on a class with weak weapons... excuse me if I find this underwhelming, which I do.

Silias/Soliel cap at 3x str early+Vof/sisterhood+meal+tonic+pairup+stacked +dmg skills+light forge+footwork.

6x atk before faire and rally, high 7x-8x after. This is before mother/wife/husbando skills.

40-50% sol procrate when enemy unit's 4hko is completely reliable with guard guage and high evade.

Stack is the most basic, and the most busted mechanic in this game. Learn it already. This is basic addition.

Edited by joshcja

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I beat Ch 17 and got the speed wing. It wasn't that bad honestly. Just remove the traps right above your start location and Saizo moves to the chest room where you can trap him with a dragon vien. Tanked all the ninjas at the obvious chock points with Xander, Great Knight Corrin, Goddess Camilla (thats her class right? Goddess?) and Benny. Wow, Benny got 5 levels and each one proc str. Benny's passive is not to be underestimated. His passive + attack stance + bronze lance gave him 100% hit rate vs master ninjas. Benny, Kaze, and Mozu promoted this ch. In fact, with Benny's passive + heatseeker from Leo, Mozu had a 100% hit rate vs the boss. I didn't even need to use a freeze or enfeeble charge. Seriously. ROFL. It feels like my Mozu is nearing Royal levels of absurdity. Shes definitely by far the most blessed of my units. Now once she gets certain blow as a sniper she'll be the perfect boss killer, your high avoid means nothing to me.

Mozu lv 2 Sniper HP 31, STR 20, SPD 27, Skill 27(+2 skill), Luck 13, Def 13, RES 12, Shes tough enough to take a hit without dieing which has occasionally saved her but shes not often attacked. I wonder if I should buy Rend Heaven for her to make use of that crazy skill stat.

I'm going to do some paralogues and the free awakening DLC to gain some levels and promote some other units. I'm figuring out who will be my final team. Ch 18 has all promoted units so I want my whole team to be promoted as well. I also need to grind supports so I can get the fabled Berserker Charolette support for Xander. He got his first level up and proced speed! So with defender + 2 speed wings he has base 21 speed. So add + 5 Speed/ + 8 STR from Charolette and Xander will have 26 speed allowing him to double slower enemies and obliterate them. Huzza!

Also, I'd just like to note that I have yet to use any tonics nor have I forged any weapons (I really should forge some though). LOL I do make use of the mess hall, its small boost is often all I need.

Edited by wissenschaft

7 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Well, I beat Ch 17 and got the speed wing. It wasn't that bad honestly. Just remove the traps right above your start location and Saizo moves to the chest room where you can trap him with a dragon vien. Tanked all the ninjas at the obvious chock points with Xander, Great Knight Corrin, Goddess Camilla (thats her class right? Goddess?) and Benny. Wow, Benny got 5 levels and each one proc str. Benny's passive is not to be underestimated. His passive + attack stance + bronze lance gave him 100% hit rate vs master ninjas. Benny, Kaze, and Mozu promoted this ch. In fact, with Benny's passive + heatseeker from Leo, Mozu had a 100% hit rate vs the boss. I didn't even need to use a freeze or enfeeble charge. Seriously. ROFL. It feels like my Mozu is nearing Royal levels of absurdity. Shes definitely by far the most blessed of my units. Now once she gets certain blow as a sniper she'll be the perfect boss killer, your high avoid means nothing to me.

Mozu lv 2 Sniper HP 31, STR 20, SPD 27, Skill 27(+2 skill), Luck 13, Def 13, RES 12, Shes tough enough to take a hit without dieing which has occasionally saved her but shes not often attacked. I wonder if I should buy Heaven's Rend for her to make use of that crazy skill stat.

I'm going to do some paralogues and the free awakening DLC to gain some levels and promote some other units. I'm figuring out who will be my final team. Ch 18 has all promoted units so I want my whole team to be promoted as well. I also need to grind supports so I can get the fabled Berserker Charolette support for Xander. He got his first level up and proced speed! So with defender + 2 speed wings he has base 21 speed. So add + 5 Speed/ + 8 STR from Charolette and Xander will have 26 speed allowing him to double slower enemies and obliterate them. Huzza!

Also, I'd just like to note that I have yet to use any tonics nor have I forged any weapons (I really should forge some though). LOL I do make use of the meal hall, its small boost is often all I need.

I can't wrap my head around you haven't used tonics, but don't mind using the mess hall, which, frankly, is unreliable until level 3. Also, the forging system in this game is cumbersome, to be blunt.

2 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

I did get a bad Mess Hall meal and then I just ate again. It seems the most recent overrides previous meals.

Is that how it works..? Because I read that characters only have the stomach for one meal before a mission, not unlike in certain Tales games, where after cooking, you had to fight a battle before you could cook again.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Is that how it works..? Because I read that characters only have the stomach for one meal before a mission, not unlike in certain Tales games, where after cooking, you had to fight a battle before you could cook again.

Well, it worked for me. Even if it did not I could just do one of those easy castle battles people make, castles that are completely defenseless (just to sell skills). That will change the time of day and reset your meals.

Edited by wissenschaft

• 2 weeks later...

What I love about this game is that I already have a ton ideas for a replay.

1) Recruit good child units like Ophelia ASAP.

2)FeMu Samurai into Master Ninja.

3) FeMu marry Silas and turn him into a Samurai

4) Get a pretty good Sophie to replace Silas as Cavailer.

5) Use Arthur and make him good.....for justice! lol

1 minute ago, wissenschaft said:

I see a paradox in number 2...

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see a paradox in number 2...

What I mean is I start with Samurai and then will buddy seal Kaze to Ninja and use an arm scroll. I have to start with Samurai as my talent if I want to turn Silas into a Samuari (and he has good growths across the board in that class).

What I mean is I start with Samurai and then will buddy seal Kaze to Ninja and use an arm scroll. I have to start with Samurai as my talent if I want to turn Silas into a Samuari (and he has good growths across the board in that class).

Which, last I checked, is impossible - you can only get the classes of units that are the same gender as yours through a Friendship Seal.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Which, last I checked, is impossible - you can only get the classes of units that are the same gender as yours through a Friendship Seal.

Oh shit..........hmmmm. I suppose I could go Samurai to Merc/Hero. Thanks for the correction.

I just want want to hear "Fall so others may live" a lot. lol

Hmm, a Male Corrin can take Samurai and then still buddy seal Kaze for Master Ninja latter.

Edited by wissenschaft

Oh shit..........hmmmm. I suppose I could go Samurai to Merc/Hero. Thanks for the correction.

I just want want to hear "Fall so others may live" a lot. lol

Hmm, a Male Corrin can take Samurai and then still buddy seal Kaze for Master Ninja latter.

Okay then. In that case, you could support Selena or Soleil.

But then you wouldn't be able to do what you're planning with Silas.

27 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Okay then. In that case, you could support Selena or Soleil.

But then you wouldn't be able to do what you're planning with Silas.

True, oh well. Sucks to be Silas. Then again, Samurai + Hero for Sol and access to axes isn't a bad idea. I suppose I could still use the Levin Sword for a 1-2 weapon. Hmm, decisions decisions. Again, its why I love this game. lol So much replay value.

Edited by wissenschaft

On 18/10/2017 at 4:16 AM, wissenschaft said:

1. On my current campaign, I paired-up female Corrin (+Mag -Lck) with Odin and Ophelia was available right after Chapter 11. She might have been available a chapter earlier, but I did not receive any Trust Seeds nor could I get many support points from My Room interactions, because I played various chapters consecutively during the same (virtual and real) day.
Pairing-up Odin and Elise may take a bit longer because Elise should not be in Guard Stance, and Attack Stance gives less support points.
Felicia provides Odin with more useful bonuses (Speed) and is a decent mother to Ophelia, but she will not be available early if you are playing as female Corrin.

2. What is more important to you, the Ninja class itself or being able to use hidden weapons?
Ninja has better skills than Dread Fighter, but, if DLC is allowed, you could choose Samurai as Corrin's talent so you can pass it to Silas, and promote Corrin to Dread Fighter (it breaks the game if done early, though.)
Silas should be a Samurai by Chapter 10 if you do Invasion 1 and Mozu's Paralogue.

4. Sophie will most likely be a better cavalier than Silas anyway. In my case, I have been pairing-up Silas with Mozu, and Aptitude Sophie is truly great.

Hmm, I think on a replay I'll have Arthur and Effie swap classes. Looking at their growths, Arthur makes a good knight and Effie a great fighter. Hero Effie will probably still be able to one shot enemies with forged bronze swords. And her def growth will be decent at 45. And since you get her a lot earlier and shes focus on one shotting enemies, Effie should be much easier to train than Charlotte.

This playthough Effie was hurt by too many 2 stat level ups so hopefully I'll have better luck with her next time. I do like both characters, odd balls that go well together.

Levin swords is fun to use but the most dangerous ranged enemies for Corrin are Ninjas and mages, both with high RES. I find myself using a Javelin more than the Levin Sword. I think if I do another Cavalier build I'll talent spear fighter to build up my lance rank faster and for seal defense/Rend Heaven access as well.

Edited by wissenschaft

Beat Ch 19, the Kitsune level. Not a hard mission, I just needed to learn the right positioning and of course, abuse Wary Fighter Benny. Hes a tanky beast with 30+2 def at general level 7! Selena survived a crit. O.o. I think my heart nearly stopped. lol

I going to use two kids. Camilla!Kanna turned out pretty good with balanced STR/MAG/Spd and Def 17 Res 18. She can tank well enough with the dragon stone and I should probably buy the renewal skill for her. The other kid is Kaze!Shigure. He managed to get enough STR promoted to ORKO mages and I need another mage killer besides Kaze.

Edited by wissenschaft