FE Warriors: Stream - Eng ver 10/20 5pmish PST

Jedi

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

@Jedi You're not going to stream history mode or anything? Awww...

What stuff did you use to stream, btw? Did you plug a headset/mic into the Switch/3DS or into the computer? Did you use some kind of game capture device or what? I'd like to know so I have tips on how to set up my own stream for the English version in October.

I might, but i'm not sure yet. 

Also I used an Elgato HD, the program OBS, and my headset was in the computer haha.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I might, but i'm not sure yet. 

Also I used an Elgato HD, the program OBS, and my headset was in the computer haha.

Oh. I was looking at Elgato, they're far too expensive. I don't even know what OBS is... I guess I'm just chasing a hopeless idea here...

But well you just stream what you want to stream, nobody's gonna force ya.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. I was looking at Elgato, they're far too expensive. I don't even know what OBS is... I guess I'm just chasing a hopeless idea here...

But well you just stream what you want to stream, nobody's gonna force ya.

OBS/Open Broadcaster Software is just a freeware broadcasting software. Pretty easy to set-up and use. If you have a game capture device, you can stream or record it through OBS and the software that comes with your capture device.

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

OBS/Open Broadcaster Software is just a freeware broadcasting software. Pretty easy to set-up and use. If you have a game capture device, you can stream or record it through OBS and the software that comes with your capture device.

I see. As I just said though, I don't have a game capture device... They're all too expensive. I don't know how many streams/recordings I would do with it and the price doesn't seem worth it.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I see. As I just said though, I don't have a game capture device... They're all too expensive. I don't know how many streams/recordings I would do with it and the price doesn't seem worth it.

Yeah, those are a big commitment. I've been tempted a few times, but every time I think "I've streamed from my PC a handful of times. Definitely not enough to warrant the money for a dedicated capture card."

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, those are a big commitment. I've been tempted a few times, but every time I think "I've streamed from my PC a handful of times. Definitely not enough to warrant the money for a dedicated capture card."

I mean, I'd probably stream Super Mario Odyssey too. Maybe Pokemon Ultra Sun. But I don't know what else. There's Zelda BotW, but I've already done a lot in it. I'd only be showing some shrines I haven't found yet and then the end of the game. xP I'd have to start a new playthrough to make that worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Honestly I wasn't sure either until I knew I wanted to stream games for friends and stuff. It also takes some adjusting and setup to get it working right (which is why the first stream was delayed like 10 minutes).

Edited by Jedi

44 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Honestly I wasn't sure either until I knew I wanted to stream games for friends and stuff. It also takes some adjusting and setup to get it working right (which is why the first stream was delayed like 10 minutes).

I see... Maybe I'll still look into it sometime anyway.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I see... Maybe I'll still look into it sometime anyway.

Do you have a steady job? You could probably get one that a paycheck could cover.

1 hour ago, Pizzaface said:

Are you going to unlock Anna?I haven't seen any streamer or youtuber use her yet.

LinkMstr has in his Strem #5.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

Do you have a steady job? You could probably get one that a paycheck could cover.

No... But I think I'm about to get hired, because I got an interview and background check and stuff done. I'm not sure they'd do ALL that business and then tell me I'm not hired. :P Just waiting for the green light, I would say.

But also, I've been having to loan money to my parents because they're trying to build a house. And the holidays are getting near. So I have to figure out exactly what my paycheck will be too.

10 hours ago, Pizzaface said:

Are you going to unlock Anna?I haven't seen any streamer or youtuber use her yet.

I'm gunning for it on the side, unlike most of the other streamers I do have other things to do :p

ill try to showcase her along with Lyn and Celica sometime in the future.

Edited by Jedi

Having trouble quoting but in another thread you said this:

It's probably actually the most polished Warriors game I've ever played out of my 15 years of playing them, in terms of just how it functions, besides Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors 4-II

Can I have a technical explanation of this high praise.

From what I've seen it seems to have really good flow fora Warriors game, but I'm really skeptical of it due to potentially blowing through the game without it putting up resistance, especially with new player tools. 

+

Switching charathers who are in different map positions

Enemy officers throw out parries and dodges more often instead of relying on super-armor attacks to fight back when pinned.

Badge seems as non-obtrusive as before 

Put in some semi-empire features with directing units via the map screen and adjusting mid battle

Most charathers look pretty easy to pick up with fast/medium attack speed and good crowd control, with no awful scrub types this time around. I think maybe a few are bad at officers/weak point gauges, but that's harder to gauge from video than CC.

KT seems to have caught on to it's mistakes with being able to dodge roll animation cancel out of attacks

-

sprinting is slower than in recent Warriors games (probbably not a problem in short term, but someone trying all of the history maps I'm pretty sure would add up)

Only limited improvement to multi-officer combat. 

Are the level up  and other things that pause the action able to be turned off in a menu, I imagine they'd especially be annoying in co-op

Musous and the focus attack equivalent are more disorienting to me than usual, especially on Pegasus knights and the ?unison? musous. 

Map events seem on the less interesting side again (granted wall/path appearing are always going to be the main ones in any warriors game)

I don't like the looks of the level-up system in the game in general, since less favored charathers looked like 30+  strength below main team by the six hour mark (and probbably undeployable as result), and I can only imagine that history mode, like HW's adventure mode and starting late free mode maps in Orochi would make them semi-unusuable with taking time to bring them up to the level. 

Visual indicator for taking hits was hard for me to notice- Several occasions in steams where the health bar lost 1/3 or even 1/2 and I had to rewind to tell difference between gameplay where they didn't take damage at all.

Enemies seem not as agressive as they should be on default- probbably counting this among those DW games that have to be played on Hard from lvl1 to be worthwhile? 

On 10/1/2017 at 8:19 PM, Reality said:

Having trouble quoting but in another thread you said this:

It's probably actually the most polished Warriors game I've ever played out of my 15 years of playing them, in terms of just how it functions, besides Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors 4-II

Can I have a technical explanation of this high praise.

From what I've seen it seems to have really good flow fora Warriors game, but I'm really skeptical of it due to potentially blowing through the game without it putting up resistance, especially with new player tools. 

+

Switching charathers who are in different map positions

Enemy officers throw out parries and dodges more often instead of relying on super-armor attacks to fight back when pinned.

Badge seems as non-obtrusive as before 

Put in some semi-empire features with directing units via the map screen and adjusting mid battle

Most charathers look pretty easy to pick up with fast/medium attack speed and good crowd control, with no awful scrub types this time around. I think maybe a few are bad at officers/weak point gauges, but that's harder to gauge from video than CC.

KT seems to have caught on to it's mistakes with being able to dodge roll animation cancel out of attacks

-

sprinting is slower than in recent Warriors games (probbably not a problem in short term, but someone trying all of the history maps I'm pretty sure would add up)

Only limited improvement to multi-officer combat. 

Are the level up  and other things that pause the action able to be turned off in a menu, I imagine they'd especially be annoying in co-op

Musous and the focus attack equivalent are more disorienting to me than usual, especially on Pegasus knights and the ?unison? musous. 

Map events seem on the less interesting side again (granted wall/path appearing are always going to be the main ones in any warriors game)

I don't like the looks of the level-up system in the game in general, since less favored charathers looked like 30+  strength below main team by the six hour mark (and probbably undeployable as result), and I can only imagine that history mode, like HW's adventure mode and starting late free mode maps in Orochi would make them semi-unusuable with taking time to bring them up to the level. 

Visual indicator for taking hits was hard for me to notice- Several occasions in steams where the health bar lost 1/3 or even 1/2 and I had to rewind to tell difference between gameplay where they didn't take damage at all.

Enemies seem not as agressive as they should be on default- probbably counting this among those DW games that have to be played on Hard from lvl1 to be worthwhile? 

Sprinting speeds are fine and I haven't noticed much slowness.

If you're expecting DMC level depth when fighting multiple officers you're playing the wrong series. Even on the higher difficulties when you can die super fast.

yes you can turn level ups and such off. Along with the tutorials, there's an option when you boot up the game for it.

They can be, but you can always fix the camera with the second stick or with the block button.

Eh I'd say it's average in that regard.

History mode starts at really low level and promotions are allowed at level 15, History Mode has all the rest of the Master Seals you need as well for people you didn't use in story mode as much. And the stat boosts are in the 30's and 20's.

There are tells of you getting hit, but you do have to pay attention to your life bar more than most Musou games due to effective weaponry being fairly prevalent in History mode and higher difficulties. Corrin, Tiki and Camilla vs a Falchion user for instance results in pretty much instantaneous death. Also on higher difficulties mooks hit fairly hard like DW3 and Orochi 1.

Also I'd say this is one of the harder games on Normal, but not until mid game, I almost died a number of times and actually lost a unit late game due to bad paying attention.

Should note also if you play Classic people you lose on the file are gone for good, so if you want a 100% file you need to switch to Casual to revive said units or start on Casual because if you stick on Classic the units you lose are gone forever in every single mode in the file. I lost Camilla for instance and she was just an assisting NPC that I didn't order into the right spot, so she ate it.

The gameplay as I've said is some of the most fluid Warriors gameplay I've ever played, the movesets are all incredibly fun, the roster is kind of a downer at first but I forgot all about any negativity with that once I got going, History Mode is also not nearly as clunky as Adventure Mode, because you don't need mandatory items to get the actual objectives or to be able to do any maps.

It also lost the clunkiness of HWs in general by not including giant enemies except one.

Edited by Jedi

28 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It also lost the clunkiness of HWs in general by not including giant enemies except one.

I might want to defend HW as superior to this piece of roster trash, but I'm far too rational to do that.

You're certainly right that giant bosses were something of hindrance in HW, since they were slow, predictable, and easy. Except when King Dodongo refuses to inhale- the RNG for that was problematic. Do you think the Dark variants were in principle at good idea? Since it slashed away their super defenses and made them more normal. Perhaps mid-sized foes akin to Dark Giant Bosses would be a worthy addition to HW2, although Giant Bosses themselves are a big nod to the typical Zelda formula (perhaps the two series don't really belong together- the Adventure Mode comment you made falls here too).

I'd add that HW had a problem with officers. Namely your attacks were just too weak against them without a Weak Point Smash, there was almost no point in not waiting for a WPS unless you were overleveled and or had an elemental advantage. I think the game overemphasized them and next time should treat them as a bonus vs. normal officers, and necessary only against the really tough ones.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I might want to defend HW as superior to this piece of roster trash, but I'm far too rational to do that.

You're certainly right that giant bosses were something of hindrance in HW, since they were slow, predictable, and easy. Except when King Dodongo refuses to inhale- the RNG for that was problematic. Do you think the Dark variants were in principle at good idea? Since it slashed away their super defenses and made them more normal. Perhaps mid-sized foes akin to Dark Giant Bosses would be a worthy addition to HW2, although Giant Bosses themselves are a big nod to the typical Zelda formula (perhaps the two series don't really belong together- the Adventure Mode comment you made falls here too).

I'd add that HW had a problem with officers. Namely your attacks were just too weak against them without a Weak Point Smash, there was almost no point in not waiting for a WPS unless you were overleveled and or had an elemental advantage. I think the game overemphasized them and next time should treat them as a bonus vs. normal officers, and necessary only against the really tough ones.

I mean the Giant Bosses and Adventure Mode still work I just in particular found them clunky I feel like the one of the only people who feels this way currently however.

Also I wouldn't say this roster is trash just more meh, and not as realized, but I think the game itself and their supports with each other make up for it.

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Jedi said:

I mean the Giant Bosses and Adventure Mode still work I just in particular found them clunky I feel like the only one who feels this way currently however.

Also I wouldn't say this roster is trash just more meh, and not as realized, but I think the game itself and their supports with each other make up for it.

And I meant to offer my sympathies since I can see your points. The Master Quest and Termina maps were particularly bad on the item situation. Since the Sacred Realm alone knows what spaces you're supposed to use the Recorders on MQ without using a Compass first. There was also the need for two Rafts, but the one square that offers them is a Gdorf locked "All Attacks Are Devastating!" which is nerve wracking. As for Termina, you need Goron Masks to get anywhere you'll discover, and that forces you to head north to Snowhead to grind and pick a few up since the rest are locked behind things.

Furthermore I didn't really mean the first line at all. I shouldn't have included it. I'll concur with your remarks here.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I meant to offer my sympathies since I can see your points. The Master Quest and Termina maps were particularly bad on the item situation. Since the Sacred Realm alone knows what spaces you're supposed to use the Recorders on MQ without using a Compass first. There was also the need for two Rafts, but the one square that offers them is a Gdorf locked "All Attacks Are Devastating!" which is nerve wracking. As for Termina, you need Goron Masks to get anywhere you'll discover, and that forces you to head north to Snowhead to grind and pick a few up since the rest are locked behind things.

Furthermore I didn't really mean the first line at all. I shouldn't have included it. I'll concur with your remarks here.

Haha it's nice to see someone agrees honestly, also ohhhh no the compasses. Just reminds me of grinding the same maps again and again and again haha.

with all attacks are devastating I usually just used the Sheik shield trick with the Serenade of Water. Which can tank a hit.

its fine I just had to make it clear it's not the end all be all some say it is haha.

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Haha it's nice to see someone agrees honestly, also ohhhh no the compasses. Just reminds me of grinding the same maps again and again and again haha.

with all attacks are devastating I usually just used the Sheik shield trick with the Serenade of Water. Which can tank a hit.

its fine I just had to make it clear it's not the end all be all some say it is haha.

The Recorder spaces in the MQ version are at places where playing the recorder reveals a secret passage in the Second Quest NG+ in the original Legend of Zelda.

But of course, that simply means that if you weren't dedicated enough to play up to that point and memorize where all those places were, then tough luck. I find that the Adventure Maps introduced in Legends (and the Twilight Map) were a bit better in regards to that because a lot of the stuff you were supposed to use the items on where a bit more obvious about it (and of course, the last Legends Map had all the items be useful, even if you wasted it on a wrong spot).

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Were there any character to unlock? Is the grinding in the game manageable?

Lyn, Anna and Celica require unlocks (As do the Alts for Robin and Corrin), grinding seems to work just fine espcially considering a unit just has to be present on the map not even in your main 4.

Just now, Jedi said:

Lyn, Anna and Celica require unlocks (As do the Alts for Robin and Corrin), grinding seems to work just fine espcially considering a unit just has to be present on the map not even in your main 4.

When can we expect a full review on the game?