What I noticed about the Awakening trailer

LucarioGamer812

So please note, I am by no means analyzing movesets and whatnot. This is mostly stuff that caught my attention in the trailer. If there is a post already like this then mods feel free to lock/delete as needed.

So a brief terminology explanation

Musou- This is what I'm calling the focus spirit mechanic that Hyrule Warriors had, there is two versions, time and cancel (one you time out of the gauge the other is the manual cancel attack)

Special- The other type of special attack, it's built up through attacking enemies and is basically that characters signature super attack

The video in question is here https://youtu.be/G6p7iR5fWds

Anyways, the analysis will be broken down into three sections; Characters, AI/Enemy related, and Locations/Maps

Characters

Male Robin appears to focus mostly on lightning and possibly light magic in his moveset (with the beams of light at the end, though it could still be lightning)

Female Robin appears to focus on Fire and Dark magic moreso then lightning, though it's still not confirmed Possible way to show she could represent Grima in the campaign?

Lucina's special (as I think it is) has a few noticeable moves in it, after the bow part, Lucina jumps into her boxart pose, before doing a Dolphin Slash from Smash Bros (her and Marth's up B in that game) and finishing with what appears to be Chrom's boxart pose before thrusting the Falchion into the ground

Cordelia uses both hands to wield her lance, mostly right handed in gameplay though in her appearance cutscene she appears capable of using her left as well

Both Robin's appearance cutscene of them pulling the hood off their head could be a reference to either Grima in awakening in one scene or Robin's first scene in their Smash Bros trailer

Fredericks horse skid is amazing

AI/Enemy related

As seen in both Roin's combo scenes, mages are among the group of enemies now, though a little hard to see with how fast they get melted into the other enemies, don't know if they've been confirmed before but something I noticed

When Chrom activates his Special, we see a grunt bent over behind him

During Cordelia's combo, before she thrusts her lance into the ground from above, we see a grunt start to turn and run away, so both of these two could relate to enemy AI being slightly advanced beyond move here and attack or just be random coincidences

Enemies in the forest/village stage wear green instead of red, possibly signifying soldier camo to the environment or represent a third party such as yellow did in hyrule warriors

Locations

Forest/village - I'm speculating early game fight against bandits, which could be wearing green to blend in to the environment, the location itself could be brand new or I'm thinking possibly Donnel's village, as that area did have some forts alongside trees and though we never saw the houses, it'd be a better fit then Southtown would (given we also don't see a river or market, both of which southtown has)

Grima's Table - We see this in both Robin's gameplay, and has been confirmed to appear in history mode due to the Valibar screenshot

Desert area - During Cordelia's gameplay we see her in a desert area with forts, I'm thinking either her joining level in Awakening, though I saw little trees and that map has a decent amount of trees plus I think I saw different leveled terrain, so I'm moreso thinking the Ylissean border with Plegia where Cordelia was stationed with her squad, fits better in terms of map design and introduces us to Gangrel, so possible plot moment

Arena Ferox - Prett much instantly recognizable from Lucina's part, I'm speculating possible a 1-on-1 duel with her here to represent Chrom's duel with "Marth"

Anyways that's all I've found, feel free to comment on what you guys saw/think and I may do this if when Fates gets it own trailer like this Still hoping we get a major shadow dragon announcement before though

32 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

It has been confirmed that Female Robin isn't a separate character, so their movesets should be exactly the same.

If I recall right, she's been confirmed to not be an alt costume, whether or not that means a different take on Robin's moveset (same moveset different effects visually and gameplay wise like elements) and/or story relevance, which all we know is that she isn't playable in the story

1 minute ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

If I recall right, she's been confirmed to not be an alt costume, whether or not that means a different take on Robin's moveset (same moveset different effects visually and gameplay wise like elements) and/or story relevance, which all we know is that she isn't playable in the story

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-female-robin-cordelia-pegasus-knights-gameplay-including-fire-emblem-elements-more/
No, she's been confirmed to be an alt costume.

7 hours ago, KaSlider said:

Alt costume could also mean alt animations/ attack designs. They could do the exact same thing, but instead of lightning bolts, pillars of fire is used.

And in the trailer, they could have used different combos, which would result in different attacks. 

If you watch this trailer for her, you can see that she uses identical attacks to M!Robin.

Edited by Lord_Grima