New characters leaked

Timeman

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is actually slightly worse than what i expect, but "fortunately" it feels fanmade

lyn: ignoring how ugly lyn's sprite is, the only reason for her to be here is popularity, which in turn begs the question: why not ike? the answer presumably being either
-easy ryoma clone (bad news)
-no plans for further fe7 content (arguably bad news)
-fe9 content soon afterward (arguably good news, but with a roster like this there are bigger issues than muh ike when)

shadow dragon:
-hahahaha literally just marth tiki and caeda(?)
-bonus points if caeda ends up being a clone

shadows of valentia
-why the f is celica here
-like christ i'm glad she's here, i still like her even if the remake completely mishandled her to make alm look better, but the entire point of gaiden is having two lords so why even bother including this game if you only have one of them
-remember the whole "we can't have marth meet alm and celica, that would be disrespectful to gaiden" thing from the echoes interview, that was fun for all of five months

anna and caeda = good news, but everything else is just as worrisome as ever; i would hope and assume fake, but frankly this game's marketing is so catastrophic that at this point i can honestly imagine it going either way

Edited by Iridium

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

This looks fake to me, mainly due to the lack of Ike and Alm while Lyn and Celica are there. Also, that Lyn sprite looks off compared to the others.

Didn't they choose female Corrin to be the one featured in the story to increase the number of female characters? Maybe that was their reasoning with Celica, and they didn't want to or couldn't add Alm and Ike due to time constraints or there being enough sword users?

3 minutes ago, Xanek said:

This is a completely different looking limited edition box compared to the one that Nintendo Of Europe tweeted out last august.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/899916834463522816

DH0llywXgAA7yrI.jpg

I wouldn't say completely different, maybe it's the "finished" version?  Also for what it's worth, it is facing a direction and the amiibo logo seems to be missing. If it was fake, why would they feel the need to remove the amiibo logo when we already know that they are compatible?

1 minute ago, KaSlider said:

Didn't they choose female Corrin to be the one featured in the story to increase the number of female characters? Maybe that was their reasoning with Celica, and they didn't want to or couldn't add Alm and Ike due to time constraints or there being enough sword users?

I don't see why everyone is so stuck up on "Why is there a Celica but no Alm?" When the sprite of Celica is none that she can be in Gaiden/Echoes.

It just doesn't seem legit

38 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

I want to say it's fake but the fact that it this is on the official El Corte Inglés website - the biggest department store in all of Spain (and I think Europe) - makes me believe it could be real. I could be completely wrong, I'm not very good with telling whether things are real or not. I guess time will tell though...

Edited by Torii

35 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

Ah, excellent, a closer look...that just provides me more evidence it's a fake, because that Anna sprite doesn't match the one shown in Famitsu, Celica's sprite is an edited Fates Hero sprite instead of her Echoes sprite, Lyn's sprite is just...a mess that seems to have been edited from Lianna's, and Caeda's is just a slightly modified Cordelia.

Really, it just seems like at this point the only evidence in favor of this being real is that a retailer posted it.

2 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

I wouldn't say completely different, maybe it's the "finished" version?  Also for what it's worth, it is facing a direction and the amiibo logo seems to be missing. If it was fake, why would they feel the need to remove the amiibo logo when we already know that they are compatible?

The fake box doesn't have the amiibo logo either.

14 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Ah, excellent, a closer look...that just provides me more evidence it's a fake, because that Anna sprite doesn't match the one shown in Famitsu, Celica's sprite is an edited Fates Hero sprite instead of her Echoes sprite, Lyn's sprite is just...a mess that seems to have been edited from Lianna's, and Caeda's is just a slightly modified Cordelia.

Really, it just seems like at this point the only evidence in favor of this being real is that a retailer posted it.

The fake box doesn't have the amiibo logo either.

well what about they updated Anna's sprite before the release ?

it CAN be real remember the Smash 3DS leak everyone said its fake because of Shulk. or it CAN be fake because amazon's Fates port

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

This shit's fake. It being on a retailer site means nothing since i remember that a supposed Fates Complete Edition for the Switch popped up once on Amazon.

You all remember the Rayman leak and how amazingly real it looked, only for it to turn out to be fake? Yeah, lesson of the day is, take every leak with a grain of salt.

Honestly, the only leaks that are trustworthy are datamined leaks.

3 minutes ago, Xanek said:

Literally anyone can make a fake though.

Not everyone can make good fakes tho.

22 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

No, they chose her because she's more popular as well as to balance out the male/female ratio a bit. But Ike is super super popular and having Celica without Alm is really odd.

Why would NoE bother making a boxart with every character on it if they were just going to edit them all out anyway? And if so, why would any retailer have an image of the "complete" version if they were never meant to show it in the first place?  You'd think that they would've left the revealed characters on the "incomplete" version like with the poster.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This shit's fake. It being on a retailer site means nothing since i remember that a supposed Fates Complete Edition for the Switch popped up once on Amazon.

You all remember the Rayman leak and how amazingly real it looked, only for it to turn out to be fake? Yeah, lesson of the day is, take every leak with a grain of salt.

Honestly, the only leaks that are trustworthy are datamined leaks.

You all remember the Smash 3DS leak and how shitty it looked , only for it to turn out to be real? Yeah, lesson of the day is, dont trust every leak but dont ignore every one of them.

Honestly, every leak can be real or fake.

2 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

You all remember the Smash 3DS leak and how shitty it looked , only for it to turn out to be real?

Smash 3DS leaks (at least the Ganon one) had evidence pointing to it being real. This here is clearly a photoshop.

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if it's fake.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, they chose her because she's more popular as well as to balance out the male/female ratio a bit. But Ike is super super popular and having Celica without Alm is really odd.

I won't deny that it is really odd, but it could still be possible. And as much as I would love to see Ike in the game (I hope that he's at least DLC), I can see them choosing Lyn over him as she was the first lord that many fans in the west were introduced to and is also really popular. As for why not both it could be the same reasons I said before, lack of time or having enough sword users.