New characters leaked

Timeman

Okay so there was a new leak that says Jagen, Caeda, Merric, Minerva and Tiki plus other things are gonna be revealed on the Direct from 4chan.

Spoiler

Validity is questionable but still. Didn't know if a new topic was needed.

Edited by Azz

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Azz said:

Okay so there was a new leak that says Jagen, Caeda, Merric, Minerva and Tiki plus other things are gonna be revealed on the Direct from 4chan.

Reveal hidden contents

59b84d1f5e246_ijabg9f1.thumb.jpg.ab2451fdc3452aa1df80cb7f1551ce19.jpg

Validity is questionable but still. Didn't know if a new topic was needed.

It was just proven fake

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Sorry, I taught that that direct link and the se leak were separate from one another.

They are, it was the 4chan leak that was fake. The jury is still out on the SE leak though.

17 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Except we also know Nintendo has suggested characters as well, so it's not like Nintendo would be out of the loop. If IS wanted Koei to use Celica, they'd know and probably approved it, so I don't believe it would've made that much of a difference in the long run since Nintendo still has a presence for both projects. Additionally, character suggestions have happened between different parties as well and for advertising reasons on top of that. Part of the reason PlayStation All-Star had a questionable roster was reportedly because other companies kept saying 'no, we're not giving you this character, we'll give you this one', which is why we got things like Raiden for Metal Gear Revengeance rather then Snake, Dante from the reboot rather then his classic form, etc.

As for the OCs, that depends on how early they were presented as the only detail we know is that they weren't aware at the time, with the exact time not being known to us. Theoretically it could've been before the roster was decided and they were just starting to plan out everything for the game, with Celica being a late addition a la Roy.

For all intents and purposes, Nintendo = IS in this discussion, just as KT = Omega Force.  For the purposes of a collaboration like this, it is easier to refer to the publisher each studio belongs to in in interviews, rather than the studio itself.

I never said Nintendo would be out of the loop.  I said they would be handing off in-dev information that is otherwise under an NDA to a party they do not control.  The information would have been under an additional NDA, but it's harder to keep track of potential leaks when someone outside the company has that information.  Gaiden wasn't exactly a popular game in the first place, so Nintendo might not have wanted to share details on a remake.

Again, I'm not saying that FEW devs didn't know about Echoes, just that there is no evidence whether they did or not.  We can't assume that the FEW devs knew about Echoes before it was announced.  It is not the same situation that got Roy into Smash before FE6 released.

45 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

For all intents and purposes, Nintendo = IS in this discussion, just as KT = Omega Force.  For the purposes of a collaboration like this, it is easier to refer to the publisher each studio belongs to in in interviews, rather than the studio itself.

I never said Nintendo would be out of the loop.  I said they would be handing off in-dev information that is otherwise under an NDA to a party they do not control.  The information would have been under an additional NDA, but it's harder to keep track of potential leaks when someone outside the company has that information.  Gaiden wasn't exactly a popular game in the first place, so Nintendo might not have wanted to share details on a remake.

Again, I'm not saying that FEW devs didn't know about Echoes, just that there is no evidence whether they did or not.  We can't assume that the FEW devs knew about Echoes before it was announced.  It is not the same situation that got Roy into Smash before FE6 released.

That's not a good way to approach that as not everything IS does is reflective of what Nintendo as a whole feels and vice versa. Nintendo has some clout over them, but like with their other partners and subsidiaries they can have their own direction and autonomy. We already see that in how say Zelda approaches their spinoffs compared to Fire Emblem, so we can't completely make Nintendo and IS equivalents here.  

The key word here is 'might' though, you're right that we can't assume that they did share the information, but nothing also says that they didn't as we don't know how Nintendo or IS feels about this situation either way. They could consider the risk worth it for the extra advertising Celica in the game would bring and maybe if necessary tighten the leash that they have on Koei as an extra protection to make sure nothing leaks. It may be more risky then with Roy (key word being may as we don't know how the relationship is between them), but there's always going to be that risk when you have classified information shared between different parties. Additionally, companies have done riskier things for less reward, so it can't be assumed that IS or Nintendo wouldn't have gone for it out of fear. Until we know more, it's going to remain a distinct possibility, we just can't call it a probability because of the lack of evidence for either direction.

Edited by Medeus

10 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Technically the jury's still out on that one. According to the interview I'll link below, you can unlock a 'feature' that will allow you to choose female Robin (and likely male Corrin). This could mean a separate character, but since they specify that they instructed their voice actors to consider both male and female while speaking it could lean towards alternate costumes instead since they otherwise likely wouldn't have had to do that. 

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-female-robin-cordelia-pegasus-knights-gameplay-including-fire-emblem-elements-more/

If I had to guess the replayability feature they're talking about is just Free mode, with the male/female variations basically working like Sheik in Hyrule Warriors' story mode, where if you choose Sheik in the later stages where both Zelda and Sheik are available, Sheik outright replaces Zelda.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Agreed, this leak if true might hurt the game more. It really throws their ideas for a loop. First off, why not Hector instead? Just as popular as Lyn, but an Axe user. Why Celica? At all? SoV was announced after Warriors was already more than halfway done. On top of that, it is just an odd choice to throw in Celica randomly. Why not Ike? Ephraim? Hell, Sigurd? Why Celica of all people?

Lyn was the winner of the FE Heroes popularity poll if you don't add the two Ikes together. And Celica because she's from the most recent FE. I'd guess they went with her rather than Alm because they thought sword + magic was more interesting than sword + bow.

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

If this is the roster, it leaves way too many questions and seems like a total clusterfuck from Hell. The 4chan one seems a little more reasonable, but even then the characters themselves seem off. No armors, no infantry lancers. And the DLC seems off too. While I can see DLC from other games, it seems a little too optimistic? They talked about sequels, so I really cant see them tapping too much into the other game's character pools and spreading themselves too thin. The only one I can see them really getting into is SoV, only because it was a recent release, and a remake. Perfect material for DLC, maybe not so much for being a main focus of a game that may release 4 years from now.

It's not like DLC would add that many characters. The series also isn't dead and still has new games, so by the time another Warriors comes out we'll have at least one entire new cast considering how there's a game announced for next year.

Assuming they use HWs as a model, each DLC pack would generally have 2 characters (HWs sometimes had one character and one completely new moveset for an existing character, which is similar). I can see an Awakening pack with Tharja and Owain, since they're fan favorites that have been left out of the current line up,  a Path of Radiance pack due to Ike's popularity and a third pack with some other theme.

Edited by NeonZ

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

While the 4Chan leak may be fake, the SD characters provided seem likely. Minerva is the only real question mark due to her lack of relation to Marth.

Minerva is the first Wyvern Rider of the series though, and is an incredibly popular character. My only doubts is Merric. I think Draug is more likely as Koei talked about an armor character a while back, given Fates and Awakening are probably out of the question, it leaves Draug. Unless we have a lot more characters we arent being told about, which is likely. Not going to bet on it though.

18 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Lyn was the winner of the FE Heroes popularity poll if you don't add the two Ikes together. And Celica because she's from the most recent FE. I'd guess they went with her rather than Alm because they thought sword + magic was more interesting than sword + bow.

It's not like DLC would add that many characters. Assuming they use HWs as a model, each DLC pack would generally have 2 characters (HWs sometimes had one character and one completely new moveset, which is similar). I can see an Awakening pack with Tharja and Owain, since they're fan favorites that have been left out of the current line up,  a Path of Radiance pack due to Ike's popularity and a third pack with some other theme.

As I pointed out before, Warriors was more than halfway done before SoV got announced. That also included before Heroes got announced, so the likelyhood of them taking into account the Heroes poll and throwing in a character within the last few months is slim to none. Celica is just an anomaly to me. While you raise a good point of being more unique than Alm could be, its weird because SoV, again, was announced after Warriors was already nearly done. Now this doesnt fully rule it out, IS could of easily told them about the game, I dont see the point if Koei was going to choose Awakening, Fates, and SD. If I remember correctly, this game began production shortly before Fates released, meaning SoV was in its earliest stages at the time, anything was subject to change at that point, so why include a character from a game in its earliest stages?

They could of also got motivation from the original Gaiden to include her, but the issue there is before SoV Gaiden was probably the least popular FE game, so far to be considered the Zelda 2 of Fire Emblem for how different it was. Most people outside the die hard fans in the West didnt know about it, and in Japan it was probably an overlooked title compared to the rest of the series that was actually playable.

Celica being included is an anomaly. Its weird. I wont rule it out completely because of a "you never know" situation, but I consider it unlikely outside of DLC/Amiibo.

As far as DLC goes, we did get more characters than Hyrule did, so there is a chance they take a similar mindset with DLC. While Hyrule's 1-2 characters is a guideline to use, I wont rule out higher numbers either.

As far as my point about tapping into other game's potential pools, I am meaning the lords themselves, which would be obvious choices. While I can see Ike and Roy appearing, I cant see much past that showing up. Why throw out Hector when Hector can be saved for a sequel? Can you imagine the hype that would build up if Hector was in the first trailer for FEW2? Let alone Sigurd or Ephraim? I do think Shadows of Valentia is a likely choice for DLC, given how recent it is. Might as well take advantage of the recent status instead of 4 years from now.

Overall I think the big thing with all of this is that its just....weird. This is the only leak that has ever left me confused. Most of the time its pretty cut and dry whether its real or not, in this case its not entirely clear. There is a chance, and given the odd and rather piss poor nature of Nintendo's handling of news and releases, it definitely wouldnt be the first misunderstanding/mishandling (like the sword situation a few months back.) In all seriousness, I really hope this is not real. While I would love for Celica to be playable, and for some other characters, I would rather Koei stick to their word and include the characters they said they would.

That and I really want Azura to be playable.

EDIT: The information regarding the leak being fake, in case anyone wanted to see it

Spoiler

Edited by Tolvir

49 minutes ago, Medeus said:

That's not a good way to approach that as not everything IS does is reflective of what Nintendo as a whole feels and vice versa. Nintendo has some clout over them, but like with their other partners and subsidiaries they can have their own direction and autonomy. We already see that in how say Zelda approaches their spinoffs compared to Fire Emblem, so we can't completely make Nintendo and IS equivalents here. 

While what you say is overall true, I wasn't actually equating them.  For the interviews, the devs often refer to Nintendo, not IS.  I was assuming that for simplicity, they were using Nintendo to refer to both IS and Nintendo.  Looking back they do refer to the two as separate entities, so I'll retract that statement (though it still stands for OF = KT, as the dev team seems to be referred to mainly as KT).

On the whole, if they didn't share details about Echoes, it wouldn't really be from fear of disclosure anyways.  It would be because they were either content with the games chosen for representation, or because it didn't fit what they wanted for an Echoes advert.  Obviously, if Nintendo or IS wanted the advert, they would have shared the information, but there's no reason for them to share the information unless the specifically wanted Echoes characters in game.  If Alm/Celica are in game, obviously it was shared, if they aren't, then it likely wasn't shared.  The dev team can't quite walk into IS and request characters like Sakurai does for Smash.

Also looking back at the interviews, it doesn't say that the dev team specifically learned about Heroes when the presented Rowan/Lianna, just that they were shown Alfonse/Sharena.  They didn't actually mention if they were told then what the project the new siblings were created for was.  That's sort of irrelevant to the discussion, but I thought it was interesting to note when I went back through the interviews.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Did some digging around and couldnt find anything about Lyn's sprite being from DA. Doesnt entirely exclude the possiblity, it could be buried in the site somewhere given the amount of shit to go through, and it could of easily been removed. But without a source I am going to rule that out for now. I am still sticking by the fact that Lyn's sprite is not matching up with the rest, and looks unofficial to say the least.

Something I do want to bring up for this is something brought up over on Gamefaqs, but I dont think anyone brought this up here. This leak happened just before the Direct, hinting at the idea that we get more information of reveals from the Direct. In other words, if this was put up it was likely sent out by Nintendo to retailers to put up for the Special Edition, but someone fucked up and put it up early. But there is one issue with this. If this was meant to be put up after the Direct, then what is the point of TGS? The box spoils most of the roster if this is true, and I am pretty sure Celica and Lyn would be huge for building up hype for the game, so why spoil it early? In general, why spoil the roster as a whole like this, even after revealing the entire roster.

Ive also poured back through the interviews with the devs to see if there has been any mention of the idea of other characters appearing, and I really cant find anything. From the sound of all the interviews, they were hard pressed as it was to decide who from the 3 games they chose to include, let alone characters from outside those 3. An exact quote regarding that.

"Even so, its still hectic for us to choose which characters to put in after settling with these 3 titles." (this was right after talking about deciding between male and female Corrin, ultimately deciding to choose her, and a few other "fights" between people working on the game. They also referened Saizo and Kaze specifically in this interview, which I found interesting, given the lack of knives on the weapon types from screenshots. They specifically referenced them in regard to them being the red green duo for Fates, meaning they know that it is a unning joke for Fire Emblem to include two of the same class, one green, one red. Back on topic though.)

Another thing I want to add was their decision making process for the characters themselves. The biggest part of their decisions was character's relations to each other. For example, Awakening's cast was chosen due to the fact that they all, for the most part, are connected to Chrom. Frederick and Lissa are in the Shepards. Robin is the dual protagonist and best friend of Chrom by the end of it. Cordelia, though a much smaller connection, is in love with Chrom to say the least. Same situation with Fates with its characters, they are all connected to Corrin (which leads me to believe Azura is in, no way she isnt if this was their thought process). So that leaves the question of Celica and Lyn. If their thought process was connections to the characters, then why include these two? two characters with absolutely no connections to anyone, let alone themselves.

Obviously this doesnt fully discredit the leak, but its something to keep in mind. They seemed pretty adamant about sticking to their 3 games chosen, largest reason being balance between the weapons. It would be odd to say that on one hand, then throw in two other random sword users from other games. I would be more inclined to believe this leak if it was say, Hector and Ephraim given their reasoning from a few months ago.

Another quote I want to show everyone specifically in regards to a 25 character roster "Other collaboration Warriors including Hyrule Warriors at first only had around 8 to 15 characters, but this time it will exceed them in a large scale. They are being physically added, so its getting hectic." 10 more than 15 doesnt sound like that much more than 15 to be honest, and regarding things getting hectic for them, considering they just threw out All Stars with a 30 character roster, I cant imagine them having a hard time with a 25 character roster. Unfortunately without any level of context in regards to just how "large" large is, I am not going to put too much into this statement. But its something I thought was interesting while searching through the interviews.

Sorry for the big wall of text, but just a few things I thought would add to the discussion.

Edited by Tolvir

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Did some digging around and couldnt find anything about Lyn's sprite being from DA. Doesnt entirely exclude the possiblity, it could be buried in the site somewhere given the amount of shit to go through, and it could of easily been removed. But without a source I am going to rule that out for now. I am still sticking by the fact that Lyn's sprite is not matching up with the rest, and looks unofficial to say the least.

Something I do want to bring up for this is something brought up over on Gamefaqs, but I dont think anyone brought this up here. This leak happened just before the Direct, hinting at the idea that we get more information of reveals from the Direct. In other words, if this was put up it was likely sent out by Nintendo to retailers to put up for the Special Edition, but someone fucked up and put it up early. But there is one issue with this. If this was meant to be put up after the Direct, then what is the point of TGS? The box spoils most of the roster if this is true, and I am pretty sure Celica and Lyn would be huge for building up hype for the game, so why spoil it early? In general, why spoil the roster as a whole like this, even after revealing the entire roster.

Ive also poured back through the interviews with the devs to see if there has been any mention of the idea of other characters appearing, and I really cant find anything. From the sound of all the interviews, they were hard pressed as it was to decide who from the 3 games they chose to include, let alone characters from outside those 3. An exact quote regarding that.

"Even so, its still hectic for us to choose which characters to put in after settling with these 3 titles."

Another thing I want to add was their decision making process for the characters themselves. The ibiggest part of their decisions was character's relations to each other. For example, Awakening's cast was chosen due to the fact that they all, for the most part, are connected to Chrom. Frederick and Lissa are in the Shepards. Robin is the dual protagonist and best friend of Chrom by the end of it. Cordelia, though a much smaller connection, is in love with Chrom to say the least. Same situation with Fates with its characters, they are all connected to Corrin (which leads me to believe Azura is in, no way she isnt if this was their thought process). So that leaves the question of Celica and Lyn. If their thought process was connections to the characters, then why include these two? two characters with absolutely no connections to anyone, let alone themselves.

Obviously this doesnt fully discredit the leak, but its something to keep in mind. They seemed pretty adamant about sticking to their 3 games chosen, largest reason being balance between the weapons. It would be odd to say that on one hand, then throw in two other random sword users from other games. I would be more inclined to believe this leak if it was say, Hector and Ephraim. And that isnt bias talking as I cannot stand Hector, and know nothing of Ephraim other than him being the only infantry lance lord before promotion.

Another quote I want to show everyone specifically in regards to a 25 character roster "Other collaboration Warriors including Hyrule Warriors at first only had around 8 to 15 characters, but this time it will exceed them in a large scale. They are being physically added, so its getting hectic." 10 more than 15 doesnt sound like that much more than 15 to be honest, and regarding things getting hectic for them, considering they just threw out All Stars with a 30 character roster, I cant imagine them having a hard time with a 25 character roster. Unfortunately without any level of context in regards to just how "large" large is, I am not going to put too much into this statement. But its something I thought was interesting while searching through the interviews.

Sorry for the big wall of text, but just a few things I thought would add to the discussion.

Honestly, this is the type of argument I wish I had initially wrote.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

@Tolvir That's the most logical argument we have against it. It makes no sense with what they've said.

Honestly, there is a lot that the devs have said throughout interviews that I think have really been disregarded and looked over. But given new information we have with things like History mode, characters, and even the leaks in some ways, they are starting to get a little more interesting. Im thinking of starting a topic on it because there is a ton that the devs have said that really paint a whole piece of the puzzle that we have been missing.

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

As I pointed out before, Warriors was more than halfway done before SoV got announced. That also included before Heroes got announced, so the likelyhood of them taking into account the Heroes poll and throwing in a character within the last few months is slim to none. Celica is just an anomaly to me. While you raise a good point of being more unique than Alm could be, its weird because SoV, again, was announced after Warriors was already nearly done. Now this doesnt fully rule it out, IS could of easily told them about the game, I dont see the point if Koei was going to choose Awakening, Fates, and SD. If I remember correctly, this game began production shortly before Fates released, meaning SoV was in its earliest stages at the time, anything was subject to change at that point, so why include a character from a game in its earliest stages?

It's not like (imo) KT were blind and abided to what is only publicly showcased. Nintendo/IS most likely would've told them about their plans of remaking Gaiden so they probably told them before hand what they wanted for the latest stages of production. The reason? Idk exactly, marketing? Preference? I don't think it's that unique and original to add Celica when there are both Robins. Both are sword and tome users, the most significant difference I might find is her focusing on fire magic, Ragnarok, Omega blow, etc.

What connection does she have with the other characters or Lyn? Idk, maybe not everything in the game is a group of sub systems (Archanea, Ylisse, Fates) strongly closed and related between its elements. I may take them as outliers, at best. Besides, the devs said that they would focus on Archanea, Ylisse and Fates, but that didn't exclude the inclusion of other characters.

Honestly speaking, I don't mind if the leak is true or false, probably because I'm not passionate about it, and I just enjoy what I'm been given. If it serves as relief, they won't stop doing crossovers.

= EDIT =

Regarding class/weapon variety I think it is really difficult to add class variety within the obvious choices. Fates is the one lending most variety with melee and ranged cavalry, physical and magic fliers, healers fighting with bows and magic/staves and the classic infantry like swordmasters and snipers. The most troubling class are the armored units and the best shot is Draug while others like Effie, Benny, Kellam, etc., don't have that much of a relevance.

Edited by Quintessence
Grammar

At this point, I just hope the upcoming Direct will have a decent amount of info on Warriors; it could prove this "leak" completely wrong, or it could still keep it possible. There's enough stuff going for and against this for it to really go either way. I'm personally kinda indifferent; I'll be sad if that's all we're getting from Shadow Dragon, like many others, but I'm still happy with the characters that have been officially announced, so it's not that bad. We'll know for sure by the end of the month, at the very least.

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Are people seriously complaining about Lyn's inclusion? Might be 1 thing to complain Celica but seriously Lyn? I swear, people will complain for the sake of complaining these days.

As long as their favorite character didn't get in, someone will always be complaining.

32 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Are people seriously complaining about Lyn's inclusion? Might be 1 thing to complain Celica but seriously Lyn? I swear, people will complain for the sake of complaining these days.

Not so much complaining as it is not adding up with what they said. As I pointed out in my earlier post, they were talking about how they were having a hard time even deciding what characters to implement even from the 3 games. So it's weird for the developers to say that on one hand, and then implement a character like Lyn on the other. It doesn't add up. Even more so Celica.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

It's not like (imo) KT were blind and abided to what is only publicly showcased. Nintendo/IS most likely would've told them about their plans of remaking Gaiden so they probably told them before hand what they wanted for the latest stages of production. The reason? Idk exactly, marketing? Preference? I don't think it's that unique and original to add Celica when there are both Robins. Both are sword and tome users, the most significant difference I might find is her focusing on fire magic, Ragnarok, Omega blow, etc.

What connection does she have with the other characters or Lyn? Idk, maybe not everything in the game is a group of sub systems (Archanea, Ylisse, Fates) strongly closed and related between its elements. I may take them as outliers, at best. Besides, the devs said that they would focus on Archanea, Ylisse and Fates, but that didn't exclude the inclusion of other characters.

Honestly speaking, I don't mind if the leak is true or false, probably because I'm not passionate about it, and I just enjoy what I'm been given. If it serves as relief, they won't stop doing crossovers.

= EDIT =

Regarding class/weapon variety I think it is really difficult to add class variety within the obvious choices. Fates is the one lending most variety with melee and ranged cavalry, physical and magic fliers, healers fighting with bows and magic/staves and the classic infantry like swordmasters and snipers. The most troubling class are the armored units and the best shot is Draug while others like Effie, Benny, Kellam, etc., don't have that much of a relevance.

It just doesn't add up. As I said in my earlier post where I went over developer's interviews, they literally talked about how they had a hard time deciding who to even include from the 3 games they chose. Obviously this was because they were limited, so why say that then throw in Celica and Lyn out of no where? 

This leak and the developer interviews are painting two very different pictures, and one of them is wrong. Hell, I have doubts that the roster is actually 25, considering they talked about how much pressure they had on getting it done in time due to the size of the roster. If they just released a game with a 30 character roster with no issue, why would 25 cause them problems? 

Seriously, I recommend going back and really reading the developer interviews. There is a lot they said that was really overlooked that either reinforces or goes against stuff like this leak.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Seriously, I recommend everyone goes back and really reads the developer interviews. There is a lot they said that was really overlooked. 

I'd rather not over-analyze in hopes of confirming my own beliefs through vague wording. I'll wait until tomorrow's direct and carry on from there.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'd rather not over-analyze in hopes of confirming my own beliefs through vague wording. I'll wait until tomorrow's direct and carry on from there.

Not talking about vague wording, talking about literal comments people never paid any attention to. 

Either way, we will figure out tomorrow. Hopefully.