New characters leaked

Timeman

1 minute ago, Florete said:

It's not confirmed yet. It could be a coincidence. Wait for Lyn to show up on the official website so we can see her sprite. If it's the same as the leak, the leak is real. If it's different, fake.

This is a very good point. This'll decide for sure whether it's fully legit or not.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not entirely sure how I feel with the leak seemingly being true.

On the one hand I like most of the picks. Ceada and Tiki work well for being some of the more memorable shadow dragon characters and we din't have a playable dragon yet. Celica using Valentia spells and swords could work well with a moveset and I like Lyn so I can forgive her being a weird choice.

My main problem would be Anna. We already got her 3 times in a row and i'm almost certain they're going with the same money grubbing routine as last times. I'm also a bit bitter about her being an archer since that makes the chance of Gordin or Jeorge getting in very slim. One of the two could help expand the shadow dragon roster and both are good characters in their own right. 

Edited by Sasori

I assumed the leak wasn't true on the basis that it predicted Lyn but now that she's revealed I have to revise my opinion.

I don't quite know how I feel about it. I'm reasonably happy about it since I like both Lyn and Celica but it also feels wrong to some extend. 

I don't like the Shadow dragon characters but they would serve to make the Fates and Awakening characters less utterly dominant in their representation. Decreasing their characters in favor of giving some loose games a single representative makes this unable to happen. Its also kind of offensive. My favorite cast and characters aren't getting into the game but I know that from the very beginning. Fans of Shadow dragon have it way worse, they got promised representation and now that they turn out not to have that representation it must feel as if something is taken away from them. They had every reason to look forward to some representation but now see it yanked away from them. Its yet another reason for people to start hating the game and it really couldn't afford more of those. Why did the PR team even say that if it so obviously wasn't the case?

I feel bad for Shadow dragon fans but on a personal level I can't say I'm unhappy. I like both girls and aside from Hardin who's not getting in anyway I can't point at a SD character who on their level so to me the trade isn't all that bad. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Reaction After Seeing Direct: Oh gods, the forums are going to have a field day with this one.

In all seriousness, I'm still not entirely convinced that this makes the leak automatically true. If you were willing to believe that characters outside of the 3 main games they specified, then Lyn would be a safe pick. 

Personally, I'd be 100% okay with the leak being true.

However, if it isn't true, then I'd be curious to see where they go with it now.

4 minutes ago, BoringBoi said:

Reaction After Seeing Direct: Oh gods, the forums are going to have a field day with this one.

In all seriousness, I'm still not entirely convinced that this makes the leak automatically true. If you were willing to believe that characters outside of the 3 main games they specified, then Lyn would be a safe pick. 

However, if it isn't true, then I'd be curious to see where they go with it now.

The site updated.

It's the exact same sprite as the leak: 
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/img/common/chara21.gif

4 minutes ago, BoringBoi said:

Considering Lyn's sprite on the Warriors site is the same as the one in the leak, I think it's safe to assume it's fully true. I'm not sure how somebody could've made a fake box with the exact same sprite before it was even revealed.

Edit: Guess someone else beat me to it.

Edited by DefaultBeep

Caeda is able to be seen in the new trailer, she is in the background. So at least SD fans have that and Tiki.

I swear I need to get up and take a breather. Holy shit.

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Caeda is able to be seen in the new trailer, she is in the background. So at least SD fans have that and Tiki.

I swear I need to get up and take a breather. Holy shit.

This I need to see.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Considering Lyn's sprite on the Warriors site is the same as the one in the leak, I think it's safe to assume it's fully true. I'm not sure how somebody could've made a fake box with the exact same sprite before it was even revealed.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I probably should have checked that first.

Well now I can say that I'm... Satisfied.

Time to watch the forum go up in flames with anger of this discovery. Honestly, I'm just excited for Anna to be in the game and Lyn too, I guess.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Shits getting crazy.

Navarre was in the European trailer, he is standing behind marth. Looks like a larger roster than expected could be likely

That's awesome! I just hope they include dual audio as well, Camus would be a great add to the roster.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Shits getting crazy.

Navarre was in the European trailer, he is standing behind marth. Looks like a larger roster than expected could be likely

Beat me to it, damn you!

Yeah, I came here to say this. Maybe the boxart was incomplete or someone got swapped out of the roster at the last second. As much as I'm looking forward to her I thought it weird that Celica's sprite looks like her kid self - maybe she got scrapped in the latter scenario? I sure hope someone gets the reference...

Edited by DefyingFates

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Beat me to it, damn you!

Yeah, I came here to say this. Maybe the boxart was incomplete or someone got swapped out of the roster at the last second. As much as I'm looking forward to her I thought it weird that Celica's sprite looks like her kid self - maybe she got scrapped? I sure hope someone gets the reference...

That or not the entire roster will be on the box art. At this point I am thinking the whole "25 characters" thing is only a sign of the minimum amount we get. In otherwords, maybe we are getting above a 30 character roster.

16 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Shits getting crazy.

To be fair, he could be a unique NPC and not playable. It's been a thing in Warriors games for a while.