Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

Did Infernal with my ponies.

Team (only posting the necessary skills and weapons):

• 5* Xander. Skill A was Triangle Adept 2, B was Vantage 3, C was Ward Cavalry, Seal was Quickened Pulse. Weapon was Siegfried, and proc was Bonfire.
  • 5* Reinhardt, + Speed, - Res. Skill A was Death Blow 3, C was Goad Cavalry. Weapon was Dire Thunder.
  • 5* Cecilia, + Speed, - Attack. Skill A was Fury 3, B was Escape Route 3, Seal was Atk Plot 1 (not sure if this is necessary). Weapon was Gronnblade +, assist was Draw Back, and proc was Luna.
  • 4* Gunter, + Attack, - Speed. Skill B was Lancebreaker 1, C was Hone Cavalry. Weapon was Silver Axe.

Strategy:

Turn 1: Position Xander just outside the danger zone, Cecilia behind him, Reinhardt above Cecilia, and Gunter below Cecilia.

Turn 2: Kill the upmost Infantry Axe with Cecilia (31 x 2), and move Gunter to her old spot. On the EP, the Blue Mage attacks Cecilia first and is left with 4HP, then the Red Mage attacks and gets killed by Cecilia (thanks to both Goad and Ward Cavalry). Cecilia lives with 2HP. The surviving Axe Infantry moves to two spaces below Cecilia, the Lance Infantry next to the Axe, and Tobin Robin below the Lance.

Turn 3: Xander kills the Blue Mage, Reinhardt attacks the Axe Infantry behind the wall, Cecilia uses Draw Back on Reinhardt, and Gunter moves one square up. On the EP, the axe attacks Xander and dies due to Bonfire, the Lance moves right and up, and Robin attacks Xander.

Turn 4: Move Xander as far left as possible. On the EP, Robin dies to Xander thanks to Vantage. Lance Infantry closes in.

Turn 5: Move Xander out of safety. Move Gunter just outside of the Lance Infantry's range, and move Reinhardt above Gunter. On the EP, the Lance unit moves in.

Turn 6: Attack with Gunter and either Reinhardt or Cecilia.

Edited by DodgeDusk
Never count Tobin out?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@Kiran I downloaded DU Recorder, it did what it needed to do (the second time), but I'll play around and see which of the options I was told works best for me.

Click the Spoiler for my run. This was the 3rd time I cleared the battle, the first time being unrecorded because it never occured to me to just record it, the second time I was trying to record but I learned later that the video froze halfway in, and the third time is what you will be seeing below.

Hide contents

This was hard when I was trying to be color balanced, first using my Brave Lyn, then Bridelia, and finally using Nino. Nino turned out to be the key to clearing the battle not just because of her nuking abilities, but because she also had Hone Attack 3, which let Eirika inflict the killing blow on the Red Mage Infantry where before the mage was left with 8 or 9 HP.

Thank you for uploading your run! Your use of Frederick gave me the idea to use Cecilia in a very similar way. 

I ended up using Eirika, Nino, Olivia and Cecilia. It took a lot of thinking to get it to work, and I had to give my Eirika Draw Back and Red Tomebreaker, but I was finally able to do it.

RauorBlade+ Katarina destroyed the Infernal map, but I needed a particular setup, as in, buffs from both Ephraim and Azura (I needed the Res especially) and an HP Seal to live a Robin hit in the second turn because my Katy was -HP +Spd. Olivia wasn't really needed either, she simply tanked Robin (if I didn't have the seal on Katy, Robin would have dealt the 2 damage necessary to kill. A Res seal should also be fine I think, but I don't have it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDPZbI85bQE

Edited by ShadowYoshi

Just now, ShadowYoshi said:

RauorBlade+ Katarina destroyed the Infernal map, but I needed a particular setup, as in, buffs from both Ephraim and Azura (I needed the Res especially) and an HP Seal to live a Robin hit in the second turn because my Katy was -HP +Spd. Olivia wasn't really needed either, she simply tanked Robin (if I didn't have the seal on Katy, Robin would have dealt the 2 damage necessary to kill. A Res seal should also be fine I think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDPZbI85bQE

How has Raourblade been on Katarina? I've been thinking of giving her that but Rauorowl has been doing its job so I haven't done it yet. 

1 hour ago, Callisto said:

Thank you for uploading your run! Your use of Frederick gave me the idea to use Cecilia in a very similar way. 

I ended up using Eirika, Nino, Olivia and Cecilia. It took a lot of thinking to get it to work, and I had to give my Eirika Draw Back and Red Tomebreaker, but I was finally able to do it.

That does indeed sound very similar, replacing a mounted armored butler with a mounted Mage General. Was Cecilia able to one-round the Axe Infantry?

Either way, glad the video helped someone.

I'll have to keep up the recording in the future and figure out how to provide even more help with my slightly above-average FEH skillz...

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That does indeed sound very similar, replacing a mounted armored butler with a mounted Mage General. Was Cecilia able to one-round the Axe Infantry?

Either way, glad the video helped someone.

I'll have to keep up the recording in the future and figure out how to provide even more help with my slightly above-average FEH skillz...

Cecilia wasn't able to one round the Axe Infantry, I actually ended up having her attack the bottom axe infantry unit to start it off, because of how it set off the subsequent enemy movements more favorably for me than having her attack the top one.

1 minute ago, Callisto said:

Cecilia wasn't able to one round the Axe Infantry, I actually ended up having her attack the bottom axe infantry unit to start it off, because of how it set off the subsequent enemy movements more favorably for me than having her attack the top one.

Ah, that is a smart move to make if you don't have a Cavalry unit with Drag Back. I did consider chipping at the bottom one first, but my only mounted Mage unit who also has Reposition is Olwen, and considering how weak my own Olwen is... well, at least we all know now how to safely trigger the enemy, right?

Somehow beat it on my second try last night, with a team of Brave Roy/Reinhardt/Azura/Brave Lyn, all base kits (and only Darting Blow 1 for Roy, though the rest of his skills were finished) except for Reinhardt, who has the standard Moonbow/Death Blow 3/Lancebreaker 3/Quickened Pulse build. First try had Xander instead, but he couldn't clear out any enemies fast enough, which is something that Roy with Galeforce had no issues with. Glad I finally got to use him in one of these, he's a lot of fun. Also just now cleared the quests, using Brave Lyn/Reinhardt/Azura/required bonus unit on Hard. Both Azura and Sharena can just manage to tank a hit from Robin, which proved necessary. Using Robin was a bit easier; just tanked a hit, attacked, then Danced her to let her get the final hit. Thank heavens I'm finally rid of that map, hopefully forever...

kk6shMM.png

My clear for this. If you have 40 speed Roy, he can double everything on this map, so with some Galeforce usage he can clean a huge portion of the map. Take off desperation or make it level 2

Klein is Lancebreaker QP Dragon Fang to ensure he can handle the Lancer, while Zephiel is there to tank one hit exactly

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Apparently, I should only watch other people's clear videos to get an idea of what I should do -- not to actually replicate their strategies. The last few infernal GHBs had me taking part of someone's strategy (or team composition) and then doing something completely different by the end and still having it work out.

My team was Nino, Sanaki, Reinhardt, and Ninian (although Ninian and Olivia are functionally identical here). I don't remember all the exact steps that I did because I was half asleep at the time, but basically I sent one of the three mages to chip at a random axe (I think Reinhardt because he has reposition while the other two only have draw back) and then once the enemies charged at me, I had Sanaki stand in the spot where female Robin can attack you from across the wall while taking out one of the axe dudes. The red mage also suicided on Sanaki (who has red tomebreaker) while Robin was left alive because the red mage used up Sanaki's proc. Reinhardt and Nino hung around the top half of the map, chipping at things if I needed them to. Had to have Reinhardt tank the lance user at the end, but he survived and finished off the guy with help from Ninian.

Yeah, it's not very descriptive, but like I said, I was half asleep.

Hard mode wasn't hard at all, but I guess that's what happens when Sharena and f!Robin were 5-star level 40s.

Alright, since I'm bored and stupid I decided to make a needlessly complicated strategy for this thing that does not involve Reinhardt, Brave!Lyn, horsies or blade mages. I did use two 5* exclusive units though, so yeah...

Team: Olivia, Linde, Delthea and M!Corrin.

Full details:

Spoiler

4* Olivia (Neutral) Inheritance: WoM 3, also has Fortify Res seal

5* Linde (+Atk -Def) Inheritance: Luna, also has the Attack+1 seal

5* Delthea (+Spd-Atk) no inheritance, does not see combat

5* M!Corrin (+Spd -Def) Inheritance: Reposition

Full strategy:

Spoiler

turn 1) I placed Linde in the choke point (the tile closest to enemy range), placed Olivia to her left, Delthea above Olivia and Corrin below Olivia.

turn 2) Linde attacks the upper axe guy and does not kill him. Olivia then dances for her, allowing Linde to proc a Luna and kill the axe dude. Corrin repositions Olivia away from danger. Delthea stays put (this means Linde is in her Drive attack range).

turn 2 EP) The blue mage attacks Linde first and loses half his health on the counter. The red mage also attacks Linde, which she barely survives. She procs a Luna on the counter for a kill. Everyone else approuches, with most notebly the lance guy moving north west.

turn 3) This is were things got dicey. Linde finished off the blue mage. Then, Olivia danced for her. Corrin moved south west behind the wall and Linde moved to Corrins previous space behind Olivia and attacked the axe guy. Delthea stays put.

turn 3 EP) Both the remaining axe guy and Robin attack Olivia. She barely survives. The lance guy also approuches from the north.

turn 4) Corrin moves one space up and repositions Delthea down. Delthea continues to run south. Linde can now move north west behind the wall. Olivia then uses WoM to teleport above Linde and dance. This allows Linde to flee two more spaced north ooutside of range.

turn 4 EP) Both the axe and Robin attack Corrin. He takes it rather easily. The lace guy moves next to the wall on the upper side.

turn 5) Linde kills the lance guy and gets danced to safety. Corrin kills the axe dude.

after that Robin attacks Corrin but doesn't kill him, giving Corrin all the opportunity he needs to kill her with a Dragon Fang!

I had mostly calculated that Linde could handle the first turn without needing to retreat, which seemed fun so I based a strategy around it...

Used Brotel's and Mkv's strats for the Infernal clear and Robin ditto respectively.

I improvised on the Sharena vs. Robin clear.

Used the following:

Olivia

+2 Ryoma (+HP/-Def): Swap, Fury 3, Vantage 3

Brave Lucina: Swap, Fury 3, Def +1 seal

Sharena: Escutcheon

7 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

D: I don't have Reposition fodder. I also don't have Selena, just Palla. Does Tobin come with TA?

No. You'd have to inherit TA2/3 from Cordelia or Roy to put on him. Do you have Draw Back or dancers? You could probably make both of those work as well.

...I'm not even going to bother breaking down my Infernal clear this time, for a couple of reasons. First, my Nino is now +3 with an S summoner support, which isn't easy to replicate; and second, I used Reinhardt and Olivia, so my clear isn't exactly interesting (and third, nobody cares about my runs anyway :-p ).

Still, I managed it on my second attempt. Reinhardt did less than Olivia, tbh - all he did was take out the Red Mage, while Olivia danced and tanked Robin. Eirika is still Nino's best friend, and Nino is still the best non-brave nuke.

Cleared Infernal on my second try.

1. 5* Julia: S-rank summoner support; Fury 3, QR2, Swap, Glacies inherited; +1 Atk Seal
  2. 5* Sanaki: Swordbreaker 3, Draw Back, Iceberg inherited; +1 Res Seal
  3. 5* Brave Lucina: Vantage 3, Reposition inherited; Squad Ace A 1 Seal
  4. 3* Olivia: Nothing inherited

Strategy:

1. PP 1: Chip the bottom axeman with Sanaki, then dance and Draw Back. Julia sits one space above the intersection.
  2. EP 1: The enemies move in. The red mage takes the top route to get at Julia.
  3. PP 2: Finish the bottom axeman with Sanaki. B!Lucina waits right below her. Through Dance and Swap Julia keeps her place while Olivia waits right above her.
  4. EP 2: Robin commits Iceberg-suicide against Sanaki. The red mage attacks Julia, while the remaining axeman moves into range of her and Sanaki.
  5. PP 3: Destroy the axeman with Sanaki and Julia. The latter gets danced and uses Glacies to nuke the red mage. B!Lucina moves into the intersection.
  6. EP 3: The blue mage attacks Julia, the lancer attacks B!Lucina.
  7. PP 4: Cleanup.

10 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Trained up Selena and finished the strat myself. Selena somehow beat the Axe for me, and even though I stuffed up the motions again at the end (with putting Olivia in the corner where muscle memory says to make her dance), it worked out this time. I don't get this strategy, but it works.

EDIT: Meant to mention @Zeo and tell him I'm good.

What matters is you beat it. I tried using Ike as a sword unit at one point but I could never get around the blue mage destroying him.

8 hours ago, Kiran said:

Story Maps won't work but Chain challenge does :)

Thanks for this :D I was struggling to kill Robin with Robin without Robin dying or Robin being killed by someone who wasn't Robin >.<

I never would have thought to check the CC. Did it that way and was able to build up Robin's special, so she finally was able to kill Robin :D