Your Biggest Mistakes

BoringBoi

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

And to think, the week just started.  Who knows what other retarded things I might do?!  For instance, I just plunked down $65 in credit into a wholesale premium currency brokering service called Pay Less 2 Win for a 240 orb pack, and I'm actually betting that I just wasted that cash!  w00t I've lost all semblance of sanity and am drunk on grief!

240 orbs? for 65$? Thats a good price!

^I hope the cheap orbs service works for you!

I think my biggest mistake is sending home a ton of heroes that I really need atm. For example, my Rein lacks attack and really NEEDS Deathblow, but all my DB units besides Klein (who I'm not gonna sacrifice) are home now. Also sent home some of my "duplicated" heroes I got from GHB. Sad, my Xander and Camus would love a +1! Hope I can at least get another ones if we get an infernal rematch.

Giving a -Att Gordin a 4* promotion and a bunch of crystals to get him used in the Infernal Valter map. Where the strat needed him to be +Att. I am still not over that. Gaggles makes me gag.

Moral of the story: Gaggles is the worst, go for Norne instead.

Also a moral of the story: Dayni is a dumbass, don't take him seriously.

My biggest mistake was sacrificing the 5* Camilla I got to give Cherche the brave axe+, that could have gone to Legion instead, I had to waste 20k promoting a Raven instead. I also promoted a 4* Reinhart without checking his IV's first, Its by pure chance I didn't accidentally promote a  -ATK Reinhardt. Speaking of which my sister promoted her brave axe+ Cherche without checking its IV's turns out its -ATK, +Res. 

The point being check IV's when promoting

10 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

I just quickchecked on google - doesnt seem to be a scam proper. Any way, I dont buy orbs so I it doesnt affect me. Still curious to know if it works

Supposedly, they go through certain alternate (but legal) channels to net the user more premium currency for the same amount of money; like I said earlier, from what I understand from their explanation, it works similar to a Costco - allowing you to buy in bulk at a discounted price..  The main sketchy thing is that they require your Nintendo ID in order to get it done (at least for FEH; some games require use of your Facebook account).  I'd be a bit more skeptical of this service myself, except for the fact that this isn't a fly-by-night operation, they've apparently been around since 2014, IIRC.  I'd assume a scam site would only last so many months before eventually expending its luck, let alone a few years.  One of the annoying things is that they take a long time for the purchase to go into effect (if it is in fact real at least) - within 24 hours they say.  So assuming I didn't misspell my credentials when they asked for it, I'll know whether it's real or not late tonight.  And then I"ll know if they stand by their "We'll refund any unfulfilled order" policy.

Hell, if it DOES work, I'll try 'em a couple times more to see if it effects my account status.  If it doesn't, I'll likely make a thread praising the service.  If it doesn't, I'll make either a thread or a post in the existing scam site warning people about the site.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

12 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

from what I understand from their explanation, it works similar to a Costco

From what I understand from the explanation in the thread I linked, their system works by scamming the game company.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

From what I understand from the explanation in the thread I linked, their system works by scamming the game company.

Having read this an the post above (as well as the post you linked to)...  This is definitely going in the "Biggest Mistakes of My FEH Career" column...  Here I am a M.S. recipient and I still fell for something so stupid...

Since I have a more level head on my shoulders than I did yesterday, should I just let the order go through and never touch the site again, or should I pursue a refund?  Or should I just accept the loss and lesson learned, given how their refund practices seem equally shady?

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Having read this an the post above (as well as the post you linked to)...  This is definitely going in the "Biggest Mistakes of My FEH Career" column...  Here I am a M.S. recipient and I still fell for something so stupid...

Since I have a more level head on my shoulders than I did yesterday, should I just let the order go through and never touch the site again, or should I pursue a refund?  Or should I just accept the loss and lesson learned, given how their refund practices seem equally shady?

I strongly suggest keeping an eye on your credit card statements instead.

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Sounds all a little bit shady. Still, let us know how it worked out. Hope it will be fine!

Everyone makes mistakes. We are humans. Wise is he who doesnt repeat them.

Sent home several units for feathers that had some great skills on them. Off the top of my head I cant remember them, but this was before I really got into FEH.

Missed out on the Xander GHB and will likely never get another chance until he is replaced by someone 10x better.

Wasted feathers on a Laslow when I could of waited literally just a week for Masked Marth. I was in desperate need of a red sword unit, but that was such a waste of 20k feathers.

35 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Missed out on the Xander GHB and will likely never get another chance until he is replaced by someone 10x better.

At the current rate, it'll be about 5 months before Xander's Grand Hero Battle returns. Unless they start doing multiple pre-Infernal re-runs per month.

Well summitch...  It was legit - at least in that they did in fact put the credits in my account.  I may be avoiding them from now on, but at least my money wasn't wasted.

24 hours later I go from 1 orb to 281 (yeah, it was 280 orbs for $65, not 240 lol).

Screenshot_2017-09-19-20-59-33.jpg

54 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Sent home several units for feathers that had some great skills on them. Off the top of my head I cant remember them, but this was before I really got into FEH.

Wasted feathers on a Laslow when I could of waited literally just a week for Masked Marth. I was in desperate need of a red sword unit, but that was such a waste of 20k feathers.

Ohhh man, I felt the sting of that first one when I came back to this game after my 2 month hiatus from April to June.

As for that second one, I'm guessing you were able to at least snag Zephiel and Camus.  I didn't bag either of those guys - I think they came on the scene during my hiatus.  Of course by then, even if I could go for them, I bet I wouldn't have been able to get 'em. lol

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the current rate, it'll be about 5 months before Xander's Grand Hero Battle returns. Unless they start doing multiple pre-Infernal re-runs per month.

By then we will probably get a red cav that is better, we are already starting to see units become obsolete.

7 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Ohhh man, I felt the sting of that first one when I came back to this game after my 2 month hiatus from April to June.

As for that second one, I'm guessing you were able to at least snag Zephiel and Camus.  I didn't bag either of those guys - I think they came on the scene during my hiatus.  Of course by then, even if I could go for them, I bet I wouldn't have been able to get 'em. lol

Got Camus, but missed Zephiel as well. Luckily Black Knight is releasing soon so I will get a decent red armor then. That and I am hoping Arvis will be a red tome armor. I really took a break from the game for a month or two. Missed the first Tempest Trial, so I missed out on quicken pulse and Masked Marth originally. Missed Zephiel, Xander, Female Robin, and Narcian. Really missed a lot.

5 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Well summitch...  It was legit - at least in that they did in fact put the credits in my account.  I may be avoiding them from now on, but at least my money wasn't wasted.

24 hours later I go from 1 orb to 281 (yeah, it was 280 orbs for $65, not 240 lol).

Screenshot_2017-09-19-20-59-33.jpg

Congrats! At least your money wasnt wasted. So its not a scam after all.

Lets be honest,  since they have been operating for a couple of years now, and nintendo is certainly aware of them but doesnt take any steps against them they might actually be legit. Nintendo is in control who they sell orbs to, so they have means to follow the distribution channel. Unless someone can prove otherwise I would call this legit. Its a free market.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see

- Gave Iote's Shield to a Narcian

- Promoted a +spd/-atk Lon'qu to 5* (because there's obviously so many units that will outspeed him...)

- Gave Klein New Moon and Luna and immediately afterwards spent sp on learning his default Glacies instead