Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pizzaface said:

And it's exactly the same sprite as seen on the leaked box. 

Wow... I probably should've checked that first.

Welp, time for this forum to go up in flames in anger while I sit back and remain satisfied with the leak.

I could probably write an entire essay regarding this debate. 

5 minutes ago, Moondrag said:

...now that I think about it, was Fates PR the same as this game's PR? A bunch of uncertain information or lack thereof that caused fans and new players to be confused and angry as stupid things happen?

Only the story, really, where they lied about the story of Conquest and the whole "blood/bond" deal because there turned out to be no "blood" in the equation.

Every other stupid thing was revealed in CoroCoro beforehand so we all got time to cool down (or not ;P)

I'll bet you anything IS told Koei to shove her in at the last minute due to winning the CYL poll. Her model looks extremely unpolished.

Argh, Koei, IS...why do you treat me like this?

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, Lyn is cool, she's from my second favorite FE and I like her well enough.  Not my favorite lord but I don't hate her.  

On the other... this completely goes against what they said before about trying to focus on three games for the purposes of class balancing and "too many swords."  I don't like Awakening and am neutral on Fates and FE11, but... this seems like a slap in the face to FE11 in particular, and dishonest.

Yeah sure I was salty when they first said FE11-14.  But I came to terms with it, accepted that Roy would probably be DLC or something.  Then they do this and I feel lied to.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Wow, people are ticked like crazy, and I'm just like "Oh, sweet." Eh, no worries. :P

I'm surprised people are going crazy about the swords, though. Like, since Lucina (not counting male Corrin), we haven't gotten a sword across Cordelia and 6 Fates royals. I get it, swords are the majority right now, but it's honestly become the norm to the point that I don't really care much anymore. (Plus, I don't really listen to the negative vibe too much nowadays.)

I accept this Sacaean swordwoman into the ranks. Fight me. :P

12 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

It isn't difficult to understand.

The problem is that, considering the excuses they gave about the roster, it is idiotic of them to reveal another sword user. 

The weapon triangle was stated to be an important part of the battle system. Yes, while sword users are inevitably going to be plenty, they have the nerve to announce another one, despite being aware of the abundance of sword users and addressing this same issue. "Too many swords" but reveals another one? There is an obvious disconnect between that statement and this reveal, which either means someone picking these characters didn't get that memo or they just don't give a damn.

Look, Lyn can be in the game. The fact of the matter is revealing her now is stupid. If she is an NPC or whatever, it doesn't matter.

They should have announce someone over her. Like, someone from SD or someone not another sword user.

I agree to everything you said but its worth pondering how many people actually bought the ''to many sword'' explanation.

To me it always seemed like they just didn't want to admit they left such larges sections of the fandom in the cold merely because the newer games are more marketable. From the many scoffs I heard seen about the statement even before the E3 I think I wasn't the only one with that mindset. It doesn't look pretty that they go against their ''too many swords'' argument but can we really raise our eyebrows if we never bought that argument to begin with?

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Just now, Tryhard said:
someone pointed out this looks like Navarre.

Navarre? 

...How much are you guys willing to bet that Navarre and Lyn will have similar movesets like Leo/Elise, Takumi/Sakura, and Cordelia/Hinoka.

Also what is up with NoE inadvertently leaking everything? First Caeda and now Navarre? This is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Now the the question is, will Caeda have her Winged Spear or will she just add to the large sum of sword units?

Having her use a sword might actually be a good thing. We already have 2 pegasus riders who use lances so I don't think there's much more that can be done with a lance.

Edited by Sasori

10 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The site updated:

Her sprite matches:
chara21.gif

Leak 100% confirmed.

Don't be ridiculous, that sprite is just a photoshopped Little Mac.

But, if nothing else, at least I got Caeda out of this. She'll probably be voiced by Cherami Leigh too, whom has the mysterious ability to make anyone she voices automatically amazing, as Mae and Makoto Niijima show.

I'm not sure I'm the only one who noticed, but did anyone else see that she wasn't shown in any story cutscenes? That very likely means she's not going to be featured in story mode (not that it would make sense for her to be in there, anyway). So I'm still hopeful for next week.

Edit: Wow, usually when I make statements like that I expect to be proven wrong, not the opposite. 

Edited by Corbin

15 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The site updated:

Her sprite matches:
chara21.gif

Leak 100% confirmed.

6 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

So the fan base doesn't have to kill each other? YET

Edited by ThatOneWeakArcher

How I feel about this depends pretty much entirely on how the game develops in the future. But, assuming the box art leak is true AND that's the final roster....can't help but be disappointed.

They really should have stuck to their guns of just including characters form specific games. This just feels like a half-assed attempt to cover their ass form people mad about that decision. And SD ends up getting shafted to boot.

1 minute ago, Tryhard said:

Huh, interesting. So this opens up the possibility of characters not form the box art leak being in the game. That's somewhat relieving, but I'll wait and see.

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

I agree to everything you said but its worth pondering how many people actually bought the ''to many sword'' explanation.

To me it always seemed like they merely didn't want to admit they left such larges sections of the fandom in the cold merely because the newer games are more marketable. From the many scoffs I heard seen about the statement even before the E3 I think I wasn't the only one with that mindset. It doesn't look pretty that they go against their ''too many swords'' argument but can we really raise our eyebrows if we never bought that argument to begin with?

You can still raise your eyebrow. Because it was stupid to reveal another sword user.

It was obvious the excuse was a lie. But the least they could have done was kept the lie going.

Why would you lie in the first place yet do something that contradicts the lie anyways? Doesn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Navarre? 

...How much are you guys willing to bet that Navarre and Lyn will have similar movesets like Leo/Elise, Takumi/Sakura, and Cordelia/Hinoka.

Also what is up with NoE inadvertently leaking everything? First Caeda and now Navarre? This is ridiculous.

ANY SD representation is okay at this point considering how shafted it has been.