Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I wouldn't know. I never played the game really. You can blame the scarcity of the series now.

Indeed it is. But well, if I didn't offend you, then that's good.

Nah, you never offended me, don't worry.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Then why say your kingdom will be fine? Taking into context the story of this game, the OC's kingdom being taken over by monsters, and then add most of our other main story characters saying similar lines, it fits.

Basically saying "Wow, your folks back home won't ever have anything to worry about if this is how you fight".

Of course I could be wrong, but to me it sounded like a generic line.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Basically saying "Wow, your folks back home won't ever have anything to worry about if this is how you fight".

Of course I could be wrong, but to me it sounded like a generic line.

True. Didn't think of it that way. So it could go either way really. Could easily be a "you are great, you just killed x with that one attack!" Or it could be something she says in the actual story. Both possible. Either way, even if she does have a part in the story itself, I doubt it's very big. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, you never offended me, don't worry.

Good. But honestly, if they made Lyn like this, I almost shudder to think what they'll try with others. Hopefully Caeda manages to escape from this. 

So we have a TON of sword users and 3 axe users I believe, 2 lancers, and 4 mages.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Good. But honestly, if they made Lyn like this, I almost shudder to think what they'll try with others. Hopefully Caeda manages to escape from this. 

So we have a TON of sword users and 3 axe users I believe, 2 lancers, and 4 mages.

And two bows. But the cast isn't done yet. I'm sure we're getting some more of those other weapons.

6 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

True. Didn't think of it that way. So it could go either way really. Could easily be a "you are great, you just killed x with that one attack!" Or it could be something she says in the actual story. Both possible. Either way, even if she does have a part in the story itself, I doubt it's very big. 

Lyn's quote and Robin's "You'll lead this army to victory!" line from the same trailer remind me of those things your allied units would say whenever you got 500x kills in Hyrule Warriors.

Which got funny if Zelda says something like "Truly, you are the light that will save Hyrule!" when you're playing as Ganondorf or some other villain.

Just now, Anacybele said:

And two bows. But the cast isn't done yet. I'm sure we're getting some more of those other weapons.

Also, since Caeda is in, she has to be given the Wing Spear. Her signature spear that was somehow not even given to her in Heroes. For some reason. And 2 bow users? I thought only Takumi was the archer here?

We only have two lancers so far? That are BOTH Pegs? I'm guessing Caeda will be the same, but that's pretty sad. :(

58 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Also, since Caeda is in, she has to be given the Wing Spear. Her signature spear that was somehow not even given to her in Heroes. For some reason. And 2 bow users? I thought only Takumi was the archer here?

You're forgetting his imouto.

Edited by KongDude

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

We only have two lancers so far? That are BOTH Pegs? I'm guessing Caeda will be the same, but that's pretty sad. :(

You're forgetting his imouto.

Yup. Just two, and Caeda as a lancer means 3, all pegasus. 

Oh yes, forgot Sakura. Silly me. So yes, 2 archers. 

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Angry. I find Lyn boring, but she got in. Not only that, SD only has 3 character s. Awful.

The roster is not fully revealed yet. Let's not get jumpy. Can't help you with your personal dislikes, though, sorry.

Edited by NoirCore

20 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Sakura uses a bow too.

EDIT: Oh, someone ninja'd me. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I gotta admit, I'm more surprised at the sheer amount of salt than I am at the arrival of Lyndis in Warriors. After Hyrule Warriors roster, I fully expected that the limitation on the character pool wouldn't actually be concrete. Though, admittedly, I figured this would be more of a DLC implementation than anything else. There's simply too much of a pool to pick from when it comes to Fire Emblem, and what company would stymie themselves from making some extra money by not indulging other fans' wants and putting in popular characters that weren't under the strict game-choice banner? This also, mostly to me, puts Ike's chances of showing up somewhere along the line pretty high. Fan favourites are rarely ignored in games with large character rosters... I can't imagine FE:Warriors ignoring this, especially if it will be following Hyrule's format. (However, should I prove to be wrong, I apologize in advance. I might be hoping for too much.)

Regardless, I'm going to hold out hope for an Adult Tiki in the roster, as well as Hector. I forgot how much I loved him, and seeing Lyn just made me hope he'll show up. In a game with the Warriors-style theme, what could be better than playing a mountain of a man with an axe about the size of his body windmilling around a map? Here's hoping there's some quality DLC like Hyrule Warriors had.

I thought she'd be DLC

"The focus games are Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates"

"We did this so we don't have too many sword users"

Than they add Lyn.

I like her, but my problem is that the devs basically lied to the fanbase. Now the original explanations seem like an excuse to use only the 3DS characters with exceptions now. That would've been fine, had they been upfront about this. I really wonder how Lyn will be integrated in the story now, if she even is in it. She sticks out like a sore thumb from this cast, unless she's grouped with other sore thumbs.

I just realized something, my little heart will break if Caeda doesn't have the Wing Spear. Although three lance users who are peg knights doesn't exactly shout balance. BUT with the sheer amount of swords balance doesn't really matter anymore ?.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

With gender alts for Robin and Corrin already in, I wouldn't be surprised if Tiki has young and adult options.

... That is a shockingly good point that I never once thought of and now I want to kick myself savagely in the butt.

Please excuse me. And thank you.

Call me crazy, but it would be more interesting to see CLY Lyn copypasted into this game instead of yet another foot swordfighter. What's with this fetish with swordfighters? 

I'm gonna be honest I wasn't really excited when Lyn was revealed. I wanted some SD ok
But after sleeping over it I'm fine with it. The only thing I wonder is how they will differentiate her, Ryoma and Narbal.
Also this opens the chance for the boxart leak to be real...I don't know how to feel about Celica and no Alm

A bit surprised at the negativity as well. I guess it's yet another example that leaks ruin everything.

She seems to dual wield a bit, probably with both kattis, so I wouldn't be too worried about her fighting style. I'm also pretty sure they didn't plan on including her early in development, when the weapon triangle excuse still made some amount of sense. IS did say they were amazed at Lyn's popularity in the CYL poll, which probably led to her inclusion in warriors in some way. So, fanservice. Which, you know, is exactly what this game is for, so even though I'm not the most avid of Lyn supporters, I think it was a good call. One of their only ones thus far, too.

Edited by Cysx

I feel like Lyn was just an emergency addition because they didn't realize she was this popular, nor that there would be such backlash from only having 3DS characters + Marth.

Speaking of flip flopping, looks like they reverted the Sol Katti back to its GBA design. Make up your mind lol.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I feel like Lyn was just an emergency addition because they didn't realize she was this popular, nor that there would be such backlash from only having 3DS characters + Marth.

Speaking of flip flopping, looks like they reverted the Sol Katti back to its GBA design. Make up your mind lol.

I'd actually like to hear what the devs were thinking here. About this entire catastrophe, preferably, but just this one decision is fine too.

Well. This is a surprise. I am a bit annoyed about another sword user but at least she is popular, so her addition is understandable. But she does feel a bit out of place since she's the only one from her game in the middle of so many 3ds characters. Oh well, the game still looks fun, even if I don't fully agree with some of the character choices.

Honestly, as of the officially confirmed roster of 19, not including male Corrin and female Robin, I only genuinely like 9 of them, the rest I'm either indifferent to or hate. Still, they all look great, except for the OCs, so I'm happy.

But Lyn still irks me. I just don't understand why her. She's really got nothing going for her except for popularity.

I'm also seeing people calling out SD fans and that they shouldn't be salty. Bitch please. SD was specifically mentioned as a main game, alongside Awakening and Fates. We knew that it would be shafted, but not this much. Honestly, I'm more excited for Navarre than Lyn.