They forgot to photoshop a character out of a cutscene

RotomGuy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pizzaface said:

Why are people so sure that the red figure is Navarre?

Long black hair and a red outfit. That's Navarre's signature. Unless they wanna piss off more people and throw in Rutger instead.

It's past midnight, I've nearly done an all nighter...this has just been a mess...with apparently a happy ending...hooboy.

I'm off to sleep. I expect NoE to leak Xane when I wake up, okay?

Clearly if they're keeping characters secret at release, then this bodes well for Azura and especially Tharja, who would definitely be the secret kind of character.

Oddly enough, the three of them are all supremely popular and keeping them secret would be utterly confusing from a PR perspective, but who knows what they're doing any more.

My top-notch theory that was made in one minute:

Maybe the cover art IS REAL in addition to Navarre.

However, the special addition contains 25 character art cards, presumably one for each character.

This could mean that there are exactly 25 characters (minus DLC since they probably won't get cards).

The two main original characters could SHARE a card which then leaves one card open for somebody like Navarre.

But then why isn't he on the cover?

This may mean that the art cards may not cover every character and that there may be even more characters that we haven't seen...

Actually, scratch all of that. It makes no sense. My new theory is...

Nintendo is just really bad at being consistent and is making us ask questions we wouldn't have to ask if they just did things properly.

Or Navarre is Not Playable/DLC.

That could work too.

All of this makes a really bad debate war that is really just more entertaining to watch than anything.

Yeah, their decision to reveal Lyn today instead of Navarre was... baffling to say the least.

A trailer for Navarre would've kept in line with the "3 focus games" idea and alleviated the worries of SD fans (although it would still upset some admittedly because he's a sworduser) .

ALSO, how hype do you think it would've been if Lyn was a character kept secret before release. People would've freaked out upon unlocking her.

2 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

ALSO ! i told you guys maybe we will have secret-unlockables/characters not in the box 

what we learned ? : dont complain early !

That's actually... A pretty realistic idea. 

Good thinking. You're now surpassed many of the people in this community who either say that it's completely wrong, or completely right.

8 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

Compare what you can see to a piece of Navarres artwork from any other game, and it's pretty easy to see.

27 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious.

3AKG9Qt.jpg

Long dark hair, short red sleeves, with longer darker ones under them. Not visible in that shot, but he has a very thick brown belt too.

I actually took that shot to attempt to get a better look at the armor to the left, but it didn't help much.

21 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Yeah, their decision to reveal Lyn today instead of Navarre was... baffling to say the least.

A trailer for Navarre would've kept in line with the "3 focus games" idea and alleviated the worries of SD fans (although it would still upset some admittedly because he's a sworduser) .

ALSO, how hype do you think it would've been if Lyn was a character kept secret before release. People would've freaked out upon unlocking her.

Probably because this is the biggest event for Western audiences before launch, and Lyn is more popular in the West.

Edited by NeonZ

Lyn, Caeda, Navarre...it's a never-ending ride this one isn't it?  Or it temporarily is on my end, cuz sleeptime and the like.

That said, the character to the left of Marth is not new, it's probably Chrom based on this image:

http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/uploads/5/8/8/7/58878313/fiya-emburem-warriors_orig.jpg

Caeda being in is not surprising, all I am wondering about her is if she will wield the Wing Spear from Shadow Dragon or become our resident Sword Flier to round out the Weapon Triangle for Flying Heroes. (even though there are plenty of swords in the game already...)

The Navarre revelation gives some comfort to Shadow Dragon characters, but he isn't one I think of when adding in a hero. If we toss out Robin and Corrin's alts, this means there is one more character slot left if the 25 character theory still holds water.

Honestly, at this point, I give up on speculating because nothing makes sense to me anymore. For now I'll just keep up to date with all the news and leaks while I scratch my head on what is going on.

44 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Clearly if they're keeping characters secret at release, then this bodes well for Azura and especially Tharja, who would definitely be the secret kind of character.

Oddly enough, the three of them are all supremely popular and keeping them secret would be utterly confusing from a PR perspective, but who knows what they're doing any more.

->Implying this game has ever made a good PR move.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

->Implying this game has ever made a good PR move.

Hey, the interviews where the developers explained their reasoning for the more divisive decisions were pretty good.

...Well, Lyn's inclusion kind of flies in the face of that reasoning, but at least it made sense at the time.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hey, the interviews where the developers explained their reasoning for the more divisive decisions were pretty good.

Nah, they weren't good excuses. They said they avoided just main lords to go with a more varied cast, rather than mostly sword fighters, at a point where they only had revealed sword users (and even now the final line up seems to heavily favor sword users). The PR of the game was just badly thought out.

Edited by NeonZ

Please, PLEASE, let somebody call Caeda by her name out loud. I'll gladly pay $40 for that (I'm going for the 3DS version). Navarre is cool, I'd be happy to play as him. Speaking of Caeda and Navarre, though... are they gonna keep up the name differences between versions? If anyone does say their names out loud, we might end up with only one name for Caeda/Shiida. Unless they record alternate lines, but I'm not sure if that's a thing that's normally done.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Please, PLEASE, let somebody call Caeda by her name out loud. I'll gladly pay $40 for that (I'm going for the 3DS version). Navarre is cool, I'd be happy to play as him. Speaking of Caeda and Navarre, though... are they gonna keep up the name differences between versions? If anyone does say their names out loud, we might end up with only one name for Caeda/Shiida. Unless they record alternate lines, but I'm not sure if that's a thing that's normally done.

It's possible that Caeda is pronounced the same as Shiida, so they wouldn't need to do anything in that case. Dunno what they'll do about Navarre though.

1 hour ago, SageOfAnys said:

Long black hair and a red outfit. That's Navarre's signature. Unless they wanna piss off more people and throw in Rutger instead.

I have to admit, the idea of it suddenly being Rutger did make me giggle a bit xD

Although, he does have shortish brown hair...

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

It's possible that Caeda is pronounced the same as Shiida, so they wouldn't need to do anything in that case. Dunno what they'll do about Navarre though.

I suppose that's true for Caeda; I've always read it as "Kay-duh," so I didn't even think about it just being pronounced the same, but they could definitely go that route. Navarre is the real question for me.