Lyn's marketing was actually pretty genius. Also Ike's chances.

?????

Right now on Fire Emblem Heroes we just had a mini tempest focused on Blazing Sword.

Lyn was the bonus unit alongside her bros and ninian. Who were also available for the banner.

Voting Gauntlet had Lyn as one of the participants.

And finally she had her alt CYL costume alongside Ike, Roy and Lucina.

Weather you like heroes or not, most of the casual audience is playing the game and Lyn getting this ridiculous amount of attention recently really helped her.

Come that second to last day of the mini tempest... Lyn gets confirmed on warriors.

If you're playing fire emblem heroes you might know that on the 23rd we start the BIG Tempest of Path of Radiance, with more characters from tellius and Ike taking the spotlight once more.

On the 23rd... theres a Character reveal on TGS. With Marth's seiyuu himself present.

Add the- live action commercial of Ike vs the Black Knight. And its a recipe for massive Ike hype. IF it really is build up for him.

It has come to my understanding that after the Lyn situation, Heroes is really marketing Fire Emblem pretty well for the mainstream audience.

Thoughts?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never even thought about that. Interesting little coincidence really. There is a chance, guess only time will tell. 

I'll take Ike, hell I would take just about any Tellius character, Oliver included.

Edited by Tolvir

23 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:
If you're playing fire emblem heroes you might know that on the 23rd we start the BIG Tempest of Path of Radiance, with more characters from tellius and Ike taking the spotlight once more.

On the 23rd... theres a Character reveal on TGS. With Marth's seiyuu himself present.

Add the- live action commercial of Ike vs the Black Knight. And its a recipe for massive Ike hype. IF it really is build up for him.

It has come to my understanding that after the Lyn situation, Heroes is really marketing Fire Emblem pretty well for the mainstream audience.

Well... Also helps this is the first Tempest Trial that starts after the usual expected days (14-16th)... And has hype built with the Brave Heroes and the Black Knight vs Ike commercial as you said... It's very hard to believe this is a coincidence... this has some meaning...

Ike vs Black knight commercial gives me the reason to believe even the BLACK KNIGHT himself might actually be considered.

The Boss focus on the blazing sword tempest was Hector. So Heroes focused to give Hector a bit of the limelight since there's a chance that only LYN was gonna be picked.

PoR tempest on the other hand. Final boss. Most likely the Black Knight himself.

Ike vs Black Knight also fits extremely well for fanservice in history mode. Aaaaand don't forget the Black Knight got a MII COSTUME on Smash bros. Wii U. it almost feels like they're not gonna pass this up. It's too perfect.

With these 2 events focusing on Ike and Lyn, Lucina in the vanilla game. It really leds me to believe that Roy is most likely DLC. Alm is up in the air though, he easily has the worse chances at this point.

1 hour ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Thoughts?

That's all I need to know. Why would Marth's voice actor reveal Ike? He would reveal someone like Tiki or Caeda.

16 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

That's all I need to know. Why would Marth's voice actor reveal Ike? He would reveal someone like Tiki or Caeda.

Marth's seiyuu has been hanging more with Ike's seiyuu due to smash brothers. it could be caeda and tiki on the 23rd.

Ike could be revealed on the day Xander and Lianna's voice actress.

Just saying the timing is pretty right for Ike.

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

Just seems odd that they would marth's voice actor to reveal Ike. Why not Ike's voice actor? 

Feeling that Ike will be the first DLC down the road, but not in the base game.

Isn't having Ike's voice actor there absolutely ruin the purpose of a surprise reveal?

Even when Ike is revealed, I am going to say the marketing move itself was still shitty. SD is meant to be a main game, and has been sitting on the backburner for months, with fans getting more and more desperate to see something of them. Without the glimpses of Navarre and Caeda, SD fans would be in an all time slump, and those where probably not intended sightings. 

They should have left Lyn, Ike and co. for last, as neat little surprises for their fans who already thought the roster mostly complete. The timing of this was badly calculated.

I won't call dragging this games pr through the mud genius, but I'll say this: I'll be glad Lyn was revealed so late if it turns out she's the only guest character. Because getting Lyn earlier would leave us wondering about other classic characters during a torrent of fates royals.  By leaving her out, our expectations were kept subdued.

59 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Even when Ike is revealed, I am going to say the marketing move itself was still shitty. SD is meant to be a main game, and has been sitting on the backburner for months, with fans getting more and more desperate to see something of them. Without the glimpses of Navarre and Caeda, SD fans would be in an all time slump, and those where probably not intended sightings. 

They should have left Lyn, Ike and co. for last, as neat little surprises for their fans who already thought the roster mostly complete. The timing of this was badly calculated.

When were they seen?

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Pretty much this. I don't mind Lyn, in fact I like her, but I would have preferred SD characters over her to be revealed first.

My guess, CYL simply affected the last stages of development of the game. Which might Explain why Navarre is possibly playable and they were talking about ''sword cancer'' for quite a while once the popular characters were probably enforced by Nintendo. Including Lucina.

Path of Radiance's current month focus AFTER Blazing' blades little announcement is a little bit to calculated that it's impossible not to see Ike at TGS in some way or another.

My guess is he's the first character revealed, then Marth's friends when Hikaru is on the stage, and my guess is Azura or Anna when Xander and Lianna's seiyus are the focus of the day.

Celica is advertisement for Echoes for Sure. Alm's missing on the cover on the leak is depressing considering he's the ONLY Falchion user left out. Don't have much hope for him to be honest. Feel's he's gonna get ''Chromed'' due to the oversaturation of swordies.

I just hope that the Ike used is RD Ike to match his Amiibo. I know he was the less popular of the two Ikes, but he was still pretty popular anyway and he's still Ike. I can also see him getting a PoR alt.