Strategies with Miracle?

Frontiersmann

So, with the conclusion of the Brave Banner, I have spent 180 orbs (almost all F2P) and pulled a single 5 star: Lucas. 

In my last pull I got TWO 4 star Lucius. Don't get me wrong, I like him fine. He is a staple on my reciprocal Aid + martyr team for tempest trials. Gets me lots of Double A's. But I really don't need more than the single five-star I've got, and I'm not about to spend the feathers to upgrade him. So I am looking for good ways to use Miracle.

Seems like the biggest downside to the skill is its long charge time. You can mitigate this with the following tools and techniques:

- Killer and slaying weapons 

- Quicken pulse 

- Weapons that generate extra attacks (I.e. Brave weapons, especially on characters with either extremely high or extremely low speeds).

- B skills that generate extra attacks (e.g. quick riposte and brash assault).

- take free strikes on units that can't attack back due to range limitations and/or fire sweep.

- Run a dancer to give the unit more combat actions per turn.

- Steady breath and/or heavy blade (I wish I could do this...)

Of course, surviving when a hit would otherwise be lethal is an obvious upside. One less obvious benefit to miracle is the potential to use it offensively. For instance, a unit with fully charged miracle could attack a unit with Vantage, get hit, survive, and kill. Similarly , a fast glass Cannon  who has taken a little bit of damage could strike, absorb an otherwise lethal hit, and follow up for the kill. In the enemy phase, it could also be used as an answer to desperation and even hypothetically QP moonbow Reinhart (just let them hit you twice -- they won't kill unless both attacks are strong enough to kill). Though to be fair, my experience suggests that Rinehart usually draws First Blood so miracle would not generally be charged.

After that, it would be smart to use A Healer with rehabilitate, or run a unit with reciprocal Aid and a Healer with martyr. Also worth considering are Falchion + renewal, or any other skill that restores HP to the miracle unit.

Given all this info, which unit do you think is best suited to use Miracle?

I'm sort of considering seliph for kicks and giggles. 

Edited by Frontiersmann

For me, my Bride Lyn got a lot of mileage out of Miracle during Tempest Trials, despite the special being stuck with a cooldown of 6 due to her running Rehab. She usually charges it up by healing others since almost everybody takes damage at some point, especially Fury users. Occasionally, she may snag a few charges via cheeky Dazzling Staff+Candlelight gimps. The whole point of Miracle is so that Bride Lyn can act like an emergency bait unit, especially against ranged enemy units whom Bride Lyn can gimp by counterattacking via Candlelight. She's +Spd/-Res, has 1 merge, and runs HP +5 and HP +3, making her a speedy HP tank.

Once ran into a Hana with Slaying Edge, Life & Death, Shield Pulse, and Quickened Pulse, which was interesting but not especially useful since she's still too frail. Plus, by giving up more offensive skills, she wasn't particularly dangerous at 1 HP either. I suppose you could do a similar sort of with Olivia and Escape Route though.

• 3 months later...

I got inspired by the Miracle Special and decided to make an offensive character around it. I also think having a team with 3 Miracle workers on it would be a huge pain to defeat. The one non-Miracle worker I have is Festive tactician Robin with Wings of Mercy, so when someone does get low, he can come in and to protect and kill.

Enigmatic Blade Marth (Masked Lucina)
-Falchion
- Ardent Sacrifice
- Miracle
A - Fury 3
B - Renewal 3
C - Threaten Spd 3
S - Heavy Blade 3

This build is pretty brutal and can work really well for her, especially if she has someone else to heal her. She can get her Miracle charged really quickly and forces opponents to double up to kill her. With her giving a reduction to their speed, it makes it so she can double most characters on her own, and adding the Heavy Blade 3, it allows her to go from a charge of 5 to 0 with one attack. Her self healing allows her to maintain that flow and advantage with Miracle, as there's only one turn where she doesn't self heal, and there's another turn where she'll heal 20 HP. This build is fantastic in Tempest events, and more focused Arena.