Small Things That Have Gotten on Your Nerves

BoringBoi

I don't know why, but small random things (usually by other people) really get on my nerves. I'm sure that everyone has had those certain 'things' that just drive you up the wall if you see it happen.

I'm sure we can all relate. So... What things really bother you (that you probably shouldn't be bothered by but still are)?

Oh boy, here I go... 

1. When people say they hate a movie, book, game, etc... but they haven't actually played/watched/read the material. 

2. When I'm doing something important or saying something cool, but then I get a runny nose

3. (This one is hyper specific but it's just been on my mind) When people think all anime or anime related products have to be made in japan to "officially" be anime. Anime is definitely Japaneses in the same way that baseball is American, but you don't have to be Japaneses to make it. Just like how you don't have to be American to play baseball. In a way, I feel like it would literally be racist to say that a show like BASToF Syndrome or Jang Geum's Dream (both Korean)  aren't anime shows because they weren't made in Japan. 

... felt good to get that off my chest. 

Edited by TheScrubNewb
Spelling fixes

• 1 month later...

1) People changing their schedules last minute (even if it is to my advantage)
2) College dorms kids setting off the fire alarm at 4am because of pot smoking and waking me up
3) College in general.

When the transit just doesn't show up or is extremely late. There's a display thing at the station that tells us when the next transit will arrive. It updates in real time. So it should be accurate. Except sometimes they don't show up. Like it showed up every Friday at 6:03 before. Why were you not there last week? Had to wait an extra 30 min in the cold...

- the sound made by scratching anything against a wall.

On 9/22/2017 at 4:20 AM, TheScrubNewb said:

1. When people say they hate a movie, book, game, etc... but they haven't actually played/watched/read the material. 

this, so much.

- when my friends make sexual jokes that aren't funny.

- when people don't use punctuation when writing comments on the Internet....then again, I'm guilty of that too. But still...

- when I wrote something beautifully, but the spelling is incorrect. And I have to erase it/ cut it and write the correct spelling, which often or not, is more horribly written.

When someone shoves politics in place they shouldnt. I dont want to hear what you think about whatever political stance while I am talking about a game.

Poor manners as a whole. Chewing with your mouth open, being outright disrespectful to people, etc. Just be polite and treat others with respect please. Is it really that difficult?

Teabagging, hate tells, etc in online gaming. You only make yourself look like an asshole, just stop.

• 1 month later...

People interrupting me mid-conversation. This isn't a problem when it's one-on-one but when multiple people are around there's just that person who tries to interrupt mid-sentence and then they never get me a chance to rejoin said conversation.

Inconsiderate people in MMORPGs who whisper hateful shit to others for no reason but to get a rise out of it.

Fidget Spinners and Fidget Cubes. I know they are popular, but I don't like them. People been saying to me "get yourself a Fidget Spinner" and that is a whole lot of nope. Both of those items get on my nerves all the time. 

1. People who drive slow in the fast lane

2. People who take 10 minutes in the drive thru at McDonald's.

3. Kale

4. F#!K Kale that's gross

5. People who don't shower

6. People who bring young children to the movies, outside of Disney and DreamWorks 

7. PEOPLE WHO ASK IF THE F#!&ING GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH IS FRIED.

Edited by Captain Karnage

On 12/24/2017 at 2:48 PM, Captain Karnage said:

2. People who take 10 minutes in the drive thru at McDonald's.

This ^^^

When you compliment someone and they immediately make 10000 excuses as to why they don't deserve your compliment. LIKE JUST TAKE IT!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

People who yawn loudly.

People who ask me inane question every time even though they asked me just a few days ago. Wtf is wrong with your memory?! (And no, not something like "How are you?" but "How do you like your school/ subjects/ etc.?" I already told you six times at least!!)

The sound of kissing.

The smacking sound that happens when someone picks their teeth with their finger. (Mom, I'm looking at you.)

When I'm walking quickly, but someone is walking in front of me at a turtle's pace and there's no way around them.

The oh-so subtle sound of (slow) chewing... if it's done quietly or I can't hear it, I don't care, but when someone's chewing like a wookie next to me, it's irritating.

This next one isn't really a pet peeve, but I love catching people on their mistakes. It's like playing Ace Attorney, but in real life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...