Small Things That Have Gotten on Your Nerves

BoringBoi

People who pass wind or gas in public and don't apologise.

Slow walkers.

When people get involved in a conversation which has nothing to do with them.

When I'm scrolling through anything to do with Yuzuru Hanyu and people keep bringing up Yuri on Ice. I love YoI, but can we just appreciate Yuzu for being himself, not just because he reminds you of an anime?

When my dog ignores me.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks who don't immediately deal with important papers and lollygag instead.

Slightest flaws in artwork that I made; usually post-uploading.

People thinking that I have lustful feelings over a person or even a fictional character

Detecting technical flaws in my playthroughs which makes me panic after realizing said flaw.

Okay, just anything imperfect in general pisses me off quickly.

When someone tries to change my routine in the morning when I'm trying to get ready for work. I am not a morning person. My brain hasn't kicked in. Forcing me to deviate from my routine also forces my brain to have to work a bit more than it feels it should. This makes for a very angry chao. 

People who walk on the cycle path, since that feeds into my other peeve of bicycles on pavements where they're not meant to be. I can't blame them if they're having to avoid the idiots walking in the sections they're not meant to, though, so my main annoyance goes to them. 

• Seeing there's a mistake in my art after I've uploaded it.
  • People assuming I'm a girl when I mention having a boyfriend.
  • People walking slowly in front of me in hallways and such.
  • The fact that my spacebar sometimes gets stuck and adds spaces when I don't mean to put them there. I need a new keyboard...

when i say something like "i have adhd" and some old geezer tells me "oh we're all a little adhd" like uh shut the fuck up

ALSO this is dumb and petty but whenever i see people mix up "every day" and "everyday"

Edited by Vi-astra

A lot of things. Overly crowded places annoy me..I especially hate when people are walking closely right behind me or to my side.  

I also hate when you want to vent about something, and someone dismisses your troubles with "bad things happen to everyone." 

I don't let much bother me, but jesus, some of these stupid internet terms (I feel old typing that) really piss me off. 
I hate when people say something 'is cringe', for one, I'm the son of a very adamant speech mythologist, and two, I hate when words get repurposed as insults to spew at people who you disagree with. I dislike the whole subculture of "Wow, that's so cringe" because you feel like you're above something, because the only thing that's really cringey is being afraid of showing yr true emotions. 
In that same vein, I really hate it when people say something 'ruined their childhood', especially when they're uninformed, or trying to get people angry with it. COUGH

That reminds me of one other thing, people who do 'theories' online. Like, it's a videogame, it doesn't have to make sense! No, Ed Edd N Eddy aren't living in purgatory, the creator of the show's not trying to cover it up. 

Edited by Viewbob
I thought I typed something, but I didn't; people who say cringe wouldn't be so quaint; saying "yr" is more hip than "your"; THAT'S JUST A THEORY

The sounds of human breathing. Snoring, nose-whistling, mouth-breathing. I feel like a lunatic for being so bothered by these noises, but they make me so irritable. It's not a "can't sleep through the noise", it's more of a "please turn off that drill/tv static/car alarm".

Taking yourself too seriously. The inability to take a joke at one's own expense, whether the reaction is flat denial, or taking offense. Some jokes go too far, for sure, but some are just jokes. Similarly, being unable to set aside your own beliefs and opinions when carrying on a conversation with other people. You believe this and/or are doing this good thing, that's swell, please don't constantly tell me why I should be doing exactly the same thing.

In a similar vein as my above complaint, people who get offended for other people. If someone says something nasty or insensitive, you can be a good friend/person to the potentially offended party by talking to them first. By talking to either person first to be honest, the offender or the offendee. Rather than immediately jumping to defense, potentially drawing a lot of unwanted attention to the offended/potentially offended. 

Letting politics, religion, ect determine who is and is not a good person. 

"SMALL things that have gotten on your nerves" Maybe need to dial it back a little after the last one. Or last three maybe.

Inability to use turn-signals. I would have been able to turn into that parking lot if I knew you were turning all the way up there, now I have to wait for this ocean of vehicles to pass, thanks.

More driving ones, but honking your horn in a parking lot. With the exception of actually using your horn to stop a collision, there's no other excuse for this. It's a parking lot, the speed limit is basically 5, just let me out of my space. And don't honk your horn to get someone out of a store. Everyone has a phone, stop doing that.

Excessive lying, and/or preparing excuses in advance. If you're not going to show up, just tell me now, stop trying to build up a plot as to why you won't make it. "Remember when I said my dog was coughing 4 days ago? Something about that means I'm not showing up today".

• People in large crowds blocking doorways absolutely pisses me off. It happens every damn time at my university and you'd think freaking university students would have the slightest bit of intelligence to know that people may want to go through that door they're blocking. Intellectual elite my ass
  • People I don't know standing too close to me at counter lines in supermarkets or at bus stops. I always get panic attacks when that happens. Leave me some breathing room, please!
  • Family members thinking I give a rat's ass about celebrities or what the neighbour had for dinner last Wednesday.
  • People calling other people derogatory terms just because they disagreed with them on something.
  • People completely disregarding / dismissing opinions or views just because it doesn't fit in with "the consensus".
  • People throwing the words "racist" or "sexist" around like it's going out of style. Both words may as well have no meaning now and are just easy ways to silence someone you don't agree with.
  • The smell of alcohol makes me want to hurl.
  • Not being able to say that you like a character without someone coming in to insult you for it. I dare you to try and say that you like Charizard the most out of any starter or that you prefer the first generation over all others on any Pokémon forum. Jeez, the Pokémon community is a hell hole and a half... Glad I jumped off that trainwreck.
Edited by DragonFlames