I want a Remake and a new Story for Sacred Stones.

I want a new story and a remake to Sacred Stones.  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree.

• I agree.
    • I disagree.

I think Sacred Stones is much more open for a sequel than a remake. FE8 as it is stands the test of time. Being easy isn't a big deal because almost all the FE games are super easy.

Edited by L9999

3 hours ago, TheXGamer said:

Seriously, the game was far too easy, and there are unanswered questions in the game, I think this game needs a remake, and a new story added into it.

The cow should not be milked too much, we have enough of remakes for this decade, let's wait until the next decade comes by.

I agree that it would be nice to get a remake or port eventually, but the GBA games are still pretty playable, and I don't think the story needs an overhaul, like Gaiden did.Ā  It's pretty good as is.Ā  They could definitely get a sequel for Magvel, but don't try to tinker with the existing story.

Maybe in the sequel, Innes goes all Hardin on everybody.

Ā 

On a related note, I've started a new playthrough of FE8 for the first time in like a decade.Ā  Of the games I've played, FE8 is the one that's been the longest.

Remake? Sure! I love the Sacred Stones, though it would be quite soon for a remake. I'd rather one be made further in the future - 4, 5 years minimum.

New story? No. I thought this game's story was one of the most well liked in the franchise yet. And considering modern FE's stories, why should it change? It would create more problems then it would fix them.

So, I'd reckon a sequel would be better than a remake.

I wouldn't mind a new story or an overhaul to its story, because frankly, I find Sacred Stones'Ā story to be one of the worst in the series. But as for a remake, that can wait.

I'd hold off until after Jugdral and Elibe remakes. And if we assume 2 originalĀ FEs before each duo of remakes (or they can have two development teams and alternate original-remake-original-remake), then Sacred Stones remake would be FE24.

The plot of SS is fine by me, a little short and nothing amazing, but it works without terrible flaws.Ā I'd just like them to add enough new PCs that we could have simultaneous Eirika and Ephraim routes without a unit shortage.

I think that FE3-6 need to be localized/remade before we start considering what localized games should get remade. Excluding non-localized games, I agree that Sacred Stones would greatly benefit from a remake. I don't thinkĀ the story wouldĀ need to be changed, butĀ the route split should be abandoned,Ā instead makingĀ the player progress through both paths (either in a linear fashion or at the same time like in Gaiden), since there are important story events on both andĀ you can't see it all in one playthrough. Doing so would also help with the short length of the game.

Edited by Chconroy

• 1 month later...

I have a pretty big problem with Sacred Stones' plotĀ mostly because Eirika's route is justĀ so god damn sexist! Now that we've seen Echoes it's not the first time a female protagonist gets pulled into 'Too Naive to Save The World', but precedence doesn't make it better! And why can't we learn about Lyon's motives in her route like we do in Ephraim's? Everything is just so shallow in Eirika's route, especially the Lyon vs. Fomortiis internal conflict. It's just... sad. I get that Lyon lampshades it in Ephraim's route ("One path in which I am devoured by the Demon King, and another in which I resist him. I chose the latter.") but itĀ again does not make it better!

• 3 weeks later...

New story added to it? Like a new route split? I'd be down for an Innes and a L'arachelĀ path split(s).

I wouldn't change the story too much, but I'd definitely add more gaiden chapters to get the holy weapons and as a chance to deepen the lore. It would also give opportunity to build upon some charcters, like Tethys, who has a full body shot in the intro with all the main characters for no reason.

Although, it'll be a while until a remake is made; there's other games (4-6) that need a remake overhaul due to the lack of a localization, old mechanics that need reworking, and they're the oldest.

Edited by Dandy Druid

Not sure if remake, but the world of Sacred Stones kinda needs an expansion. Most Fire Emblem directly involves dragons and such, while Sacred Stones deviated a lot from those basic elements, that it was refreshing. On the other hand, maybe a remake isn't needed, as that game has yet to feel old, but maybe another game set in the same world could work as well, either sequel or prequel, or maybe an interquel like Threacia 776Ā 

• 1 month later...

Honestly, the only things I want from a Sacred Stones remake is updated portraits for units, removal of the limit of supports, and voice acting like in Echoes.
Maybe playing through Eirika and Ephraim's routes at the same time, with the units split slightly. Units that would make sense to go with Eirika to Jehenna, like Seth and Joshua go to Jehenna, and units like Forde and Kyle go to Grado with Ephraim.Ā 

21 minutes ago, FRZNHeir said:

Honestly, the only things I want from a Sacred Stones remake is updated portraits for units, removal of the limit of supports, and voice acting like in Echoes.
Maybe playing through Eirika and Ephraim's routes at the same time, with the units split slightly. Units that would make sense to go with Eirika to Jehenna, like Seth and Joshua go to Jehenna, and units like Forde and Kyle go to Grado with Ephraim.Ā 

I dunno about you, but I'm under the impression that you'd have to shoehorn a lot of new characters in the game to avoid unit shortage on both ends... You only get 17 units before the route split.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:26 AM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I dunno about you, but I'm under the impression that you'd have to shoehorn a lot of new characters in the game to avoid unit shortage on both ends... You only get 17 units before the route split.

There are 34 playable units, give or take. They could make Eirika's side easier, and give her less units, while Ephraim gets more units, a more difficult side, and only gets to recruit like, Duessel, Amelia, Cormag and Knoll. Change the chapters where Ewan and Marissa appear in Ephraim's side (since Ewan has minor story importance on Eirika's) and change the ghost boat part to remove L'Arachel and company.Ā 

Or just keep everything the same. I just think it would be interesting like that.

• 2 weeks later...

There's two things I would like to see them do on a remakeĀ remastering of Sacred Stones:

1) Add Lunatic and Lunatic+ level difficulties, to compensate for how easy the game is on Normal and Hard. Something for the veterans who want the game to push them and challenge them in ways that FE8 never did.

2)Ā  Add a mechanic like you had in Part 4 of Radiant Dawn, where you have to physically split up your army and choose which characters follow which lord (i.e. Ephraim can't use characters in Erika's party, Erika can't useĀ characters in Ephraim's party).Ā Then have the path split part of the story work the way Alm's PartyĀ and Celica's Party worked in Gaiden/Echoes--both paths being playable at the same time and needing to be cleared before you can advance to the part of the story where Erika and Ephraim reunite in Jehanna.

...There it is...

Perfect Game.Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Edited by Shoblongoo

On 2/9/2018 at 11:03 AM, Shoblongoo said:

There's two things I would like to see them do on a remakeĀ remastering of Sacred Stones:

1) Add Lunatic and Lunatic+ level difficulties, to compensate for how easy the game is on Normal and Hard. Something for the veterans who want the game to push them and challenge them in ways that FE8 never did.

2)Ā  Add a mechanic like you had in Part 4 of Radiant Dawn, where you have to physically split up your army and choose which characters follow which lord (i.e. Ephraim can't use characters in Erika's party, Erika can't useĀ characters in Ephraim's party).Ā Then have the path split part of the story work the way Alm's PartyĀ and Celica's Party worked in Gaiden/Echoes--both paths being playable at the same time and needing to be cleared before you can advance to the part of the story where Erika and Ephraim reunite in Jehanna.

...There it is...

Perfect Game.Ā Ā Ā Ā 

I think there's much more they're going to need to do, like...

• Fix the support system
  • Get rid of the Con system
  • Make Eirika's side of the story NOT feel more like some random filler arc (ergo, actually make Carcino relevant)
  • Improve the plot and writing (because if I may be frank, the writing makes SS look like it was little more than a quick filler game, and it shows)
  • Lengthen the game (to its credit, your idea does that, but there's still the fact that some stuff gets next to no attention or build-up, chief among them Orson. And there's still too many filler fights with monsters that don't contribute to the story in any meaningful fashion)
Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

On 2/14/2018 at 1:53 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I think there's much more they're going to need to do, like...

• Fix the support system
  • Get rid of the Con system
  • Make Eirika's side of the story NOT feel more like some random filler arc (ergo, actually make Carcino relevant)
  • Improve the plot and writing (because if I may be frank, the writing makes SS look like it was little more than a quick filler game, and it shows)
  • Lengthen the game (to its credit, your idea does that, but there's still the fact that some stuff gets next to no attention or build-up, chief among them Orson. And there's still too many filler fights with monsters that don't contribute to the story in any meaningful fashion)

IMO they only need to update the support system to make it more modern (without the children though, please IS). I like the CON system, but I do see the point you have there. Maybe only make it relevant for rescuing?Ā 
Carcino should be made more relevant. Maybe have them sell random Items there on the world map? Like the secret shop items, but more expensive and a less static inventory. They are a mercantile country, after all.Ā 
The story itself just needs some plot holes filled, and the world could use a bit more development. The support writing and most conversations seem fine to me, if not a tiny bit stiff.Ā 
I agree with the game length, and the monster fight chapters aren't a big issue IMO. Use cut scenes to foreshadow Orson's betrayal a bit. Have him appear in flashbacks or something to show how he used to act, and show him a bit more... unstable in Chapter 5x. Make it so you can't steal his weapons from him as well.Ā 

Wouldn't mind one, but I rather see IS remake older titles like Genealogy and Thracia first. Although, I would totally be down for a sequel. I would love to visit Magvel again.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel the same way about a Sacred Stones remake as I do about one for Blazing blade. I don't think its needed at all since the game is readily available and still holds up just fine. The older games need a remake because they never reached the west and because technology limited what was possible but those factors don't apply to Sacred Stones at all.Ā 

I don't think a direct equal would be a good idea either. I can't see any story that's left to tell on Magvel. Every enemy has been dealt with,Ā every plot point was neatly wrapped up and the lack of world building isn't really helping with this issue.Ā 

• 1 month later...

Like I wrote previously, I think SS is one of the FE that need a remake the least, but rather, a game within it's world. So far it's the only old FE with A SINGLE game, apart from Awakening and Fates (whose cases are subverted at worst, not to mention they are newer games). Each one of the older FE has at least two games withing their universe, SS doesn't

• 1 month later...

As much as it's my favorite, there are other games that need a remake. The story certainly doesn't need changing. Sacred Stones has one of the best stories in the series. If you don't agree with that statement, you have to agree that the villains in Sacred Stones are the best in the series. Hardly a single one of them is a true "villain." They've all got tragic storiesĀ or a loyalty to their country that puts them in a grey area.

War is a lot darker when your enemy isn't unequivocally evil.