New player....can you rate my team?

Omnioni

Some of your strongest characters are B Ike, Reinhardt, Julia, and Tharja, so I would say you are good. Considering that they are currently some of the best in the game. Try to complete the story mode for orbs, in order to summon more units. Just focus on four characters to start with. And remember everyone has to  start somewhere.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Reinhardt is one of the best units in the game. Try to find out his IVs, and if it's not -ATK, promote him to 5 stars as soon as you have the opportunity (20000 feathers).

If he's +ATK, you pretty much already have a unit for a top tier team.

If you don't know how to find out his IVs, post his level 1 stats here and I will tell you.

Edited by Nobody

So, your team does look really good, but you really should try to use all 4 colored units, which I know is hard when you have 2 5* of the same color. Try and put them on a seperate team or something. But other than that, your team looks great!

Edited by Heruseus

58 minutes ago, Omnioni said:

I've read a beginners guide that suggests starting over until you roll a decent team. I'm at the point where it says I should consider enrolling if my team sucks, but I don't know if this is good or not.

Please post it under the "Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread next time.

I would prioritize Reinhard and Nino over Peri and Julia. The rest of your team is fine.

48 minutes ago, Omnioni said:

Appreciate the feed back. I'm a sucker for punishment and grinding games, so I don't mind restarting 100+ times if there's a real advantage to doing so. But it sounds like this is a solid start, then.

Do not waste your time rerolling too much unless there is a character you really want that is a on a banner. Nino, Klein, Reinhardt, etc. are all good characters that can be obtained at under 5*.

26 minutes ago, Heruseus said:

So, your team does look really good, but you really should try to use all 4 colored units, which I know is hard when you have 2 5* of the same color. Try and put them on a seperate team or something. But other than that, your team looks great!

Using all four colors at the same time is totally unnecessary. As long as the core team consists of the two primary colors and an Archer, you do not need the third primary color.

With the right units and skills, you can get by with just 2 colors.

Rather than worry about what units you have, simply playing the game will help you understand what works and what doesn't. In team making, it's mostly about how units can support each other, either with buffs, or covering weaknesses that the others have. The fact that you got two 5* units from orbs and the free Brave Ike has you in a good starting position.

Nice team! Only thing I'd suggest is that you should be on the lookout for stronger blue units, as Peri is mediocre. You could also put a dancer into that team, replacing Peri. Try to summon at least a 3* Olivia, or wait for her rotation battle and promote her from there.

That team should carry you through a good chunk of the story maps.

4 hours ago, Omnioni said:

I've read a beginners guide that suggests starting over until you roll a decent team. I'm at the point where it says I should consider enrolling if my team sucks, but I don't know if this is good or not.

Screenshot_20170916-095901.png

You had more 5* units than I had when I started, I had to wait for a month to get a second.

Focus on what you have for now, but of the ones you have when you do need to start having more units as options, I'd say check their boons and banes to see whether they can work well (especially Rein, Nino and Setsuna. Narcian and Est can also work as the bones of a flying only team for quests) 

@Omnioni Wow that's actually a pretty good start. Definitely check iv's, for example your Nino is +res -spd, which is honestly pretty bad, but you can get another pretty easily and Julia is almost as good. I never even used Nino even though I have one with the ideal nature cause I got Julia early, and she's been my main unit ever since. Reinhardt is good unless he's -atk, brave Ike will help a lot, if you have a +spd or +atk Tharja that would be amazing, and yeah ditch Peri as soon as you can find someone to replace her. You've got a real solid start setup, get one of the free Olivia's from the starter support battles and you have a dancer to go with it. Don't be afraid to ask questions, this community is really helpful. Best of luck :)

Don't fret too much over your first teams. My first team was 4*Shanna, 5*Hinoka, 5* Lachesis, and 4* Raigh. Hinoka, Lachesis and Raigh have all been benched at 5* LV 40 (they helped me through the story, but now they aren't that good) and I sacrificed Shanna to give desperation to a Delthea I got when she came out.

Any team with at least 2 parts of the WT covered can clear the story on normal and hard difficulties, which will give you a LOT of orbs. This will get you started and then you can pull some of the good stuff.

Also note that you need great badges (which you can't get until you have a team of LV20+ units to go into the training tower) to promote 4* units, so save training Reinhard to for later.

On 9/16/2017 at 6:11 AM, Omnioni said:

Here's what you can do.

1. Post things like this in "Ask a FE Heroes Question" thread.  It's a short answer.

2. Stop rerolling and learn how the game works.  Tier lists and the like are meant for very high-level arena play, and you're not going to crack top 10 in the arena without a serious monetary investment (think thousands of dollars).  Stat point totals are relatively static, which means it's stat distribution that matters - and if you learn how to work around your character's weaknesses, while playing to their strengths, you can pull off some really neat things, like this, with the Infernal version being this (yeah, yeah, self-promotion and all). There's clears of the hardest GHB maps in the game using free units, which is arguably more impressive than anything I've done.  So instead of trying for an edge which may or may not be power-creeped out in the future, dive in and actually play the game.  Your team is as good as you, the player, are.

Due to the first point, this topic will be locked.