What FE archetypes do you want to see in FE Switch? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Yexin

What archetype would you like to return?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see archetypes coming back?

• Yes, I love them!
    • No, they're boring af
    • I don't give a damn
  2. 2. If you do, what archetypes would you like to see?

• Jeigan archetype, like Mycen, Titania and Gunter, pre-promoted units, usually paladins, their duty is to protect the main character, but they may become weak in the endgame
    • Cain/Abel archetype, like Alan/Lance, Kieran/Oscar and Kent/Sain, the most common archetype along with jeigans, usually the green one is defense-oriented and has higher weapon level with lances, while the red one is stronger and has swords as his higher weapon level
    • Pegasus Knights Trios, like Palla/Catria/Est, Florina/Fiora/Farina and Tanith/Marcia/Elincia, each member privileges a different stat, sometimes one of them is pre-promoted, joining in the middle-late game, and they can perform the threatening Triangle Attack
    • Est archetype, like Nino, Zeiss and FE9 Elincia, they're units that join quite late in the game, with a very low level, but if trained they could easily be the best units in your army
    • Camus archetype, like Selena, Eldigan and Reinhardt, plot-relevant enemy generals, usually on a horse, with a strong sense of honor, they are not villains, but for some form of duty, they must fight you
    • Jeorge archetype, like Levin, Joshua and Kurthnaga, they are introduced as simple wanderers, they eventually reveal their royal origin
    • Minerva archetype, like Jill, Altena and Heath, usually wyvern riders, they are introduced as enemies, but then they'll change their mind, joining your cause
    • Beowulf archetype, like Farina, Hugh and Rennac, characters who only fight for themselves, they can be recruited by paying a quite big amount of money
    • Arran/Samson archetype, like Lalum/Elphin, Karel/Harken and Echidna/Bartre, usually characters sharing a similar role, but you can only recruit one of them
    • Lorentz archetype, like Tauroneo, Hannibal and Sheena, enemy generals, loyal to their lands, they are not villain, so they will eventually change their mind, joining your army
    • Bandit Twins, like Paul/Jasmine, Pain/Agony and Maggie/Rose: as you can understand, they're twin enemy bandits, usually appearing in desert maps
    • Bord/Cord archetype, like Lot/Ward, Dorcas/Bartre and Garcia/Ross, just like the cavaliers duo, these are pairs of axe fighters that join in early game, one has high speed while the other has high strength
    • Other archetypes (if not already present, feel free to suggest your option)

it just came to my mind that in fates some common archetypes were not present, like the red/green cavaliers, the axe fighters duo, the pegasus trio, and so on

would you like to see old archetypes coming back in FE Switch? if so, which ones?

Edited by Yexin

Where's the "I don't really care aside from Jeigans" option.

The Jeigan is the only actually important archetype, it serves to give the player a crutch to lean on to get through the initial power hurdle early in the game.  Besides Jeigans, they can do whatever they want really.

Also wasn't the only game with a Knight Trio FE6 (with the Ostian Armorknights Bors, Wendy/Gwendolyn, and Barth)?  I don't think that's really an archetype.

well, you can choose only the jeigan option, nobody's forcing you

also, yes, i completely forgot that only binding blade has a knight trio!

thank you, gonna edit right now

Just now, Nym said:

How about we make some new Archetypes?

that would be a nice idea, but IntSys would need a lot of time to establish them

i'm open to new archetypes, if they want to introduce them, "one-shot" types of characters would be ok as well, for me

Really, I think the only archetype I'm not too big a fan of is the Camus. As much as I love a lot of the Camus characters, the core of the series often undermines their tragic loyalty as really foolish, especially when the Lorentz was kicked off in the same chapter, and their choices are often the better option for the kingdom you are combating.

I've REALLY missed the Bord Cord archetype. (also get the pun? Missed? Because they're axe users. Hah)

Seriously though, its been a long time since we had any good axe users. 

I'd want the Michalis and Camus archetypes to return, but with a twist. Firstly, I want the ambitious King to be dangerously genre savvy, and masterfully manipulate the evil Sorceror to get him access to the dark dragon. Then, have it be revealed that the Dark God is a husk of its former self after millennia of imprisonment, and just want to die. The King grants this wish in exchange for power.

I also want the Camus archetype to be a soldier of the nation that got occupied who collaborates with the occupying forces in the hopes of building a new future. He thinks that resistance is pointless and will only lead to more deaths. As the heroes progress he gets more depressed, seeing that resistance was very much viable, but can no longer switch sides because the heroes consider him a traitor. He ultimately makes a last stand as a depressed wreck, a shell of his former self who fights the heroes simply because he has no choice left to him.

For some reason I really like the Samson/Arran archetype. I just like having the choice of recruiting exactly WHO you want to be in your army.

It's really cool that most of the time it offers units of different classes, so you can pick whoever you can for different reasons. Except for Lalum and Elphin, who play pretty much the same. Except Lalum's path is a lot more fun. It also encourages me to play through one more time just to try out the other character.

Can we say caellach is an archtype yet? Fates did kinda try to replicate him with Hans, just without any charm, importance or competence. 

A common, pragmatic criminal rising up the imperial ranks through skill and ruthlessness is always interesting to see. They could even give the less interesting Hans type another shot by showing how the big burly bandit tries and fails to act like a noble to hide his origin. 

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Can we say caellach is an archtype yet? Fates did kinda try to replicate him with Hans, just without any charm, importance or competence. 

A common, pragmatic criminal rising up the imperial ranks through skill and ruthlessness is always interesting to see. They could even give the less interesting Hans type another shot by showing how the big burly bandit tries and fails to act like a noble to hide his origin. 

yes, it's that character that wants to gain more and more power by submitting others, like travant, michalis and desaix

i didn't make it as an option because it's not that famous as an archetype, even though a lot of characters through the series represent it, and put it together with other less famous archetypes, like merrics, gordins and julians

I like the Ogma archetype: a character introduced early on, usually of the mercenary class, starts off good, and just gets better as the game progresses, becoming one of the best units.

This one I really like.

I'm not a big fan of it, but there's also the Navarre archetype: an enigmatic myrmidon who acts distant and is usually a good unit (Zihark, Lon'qu, etc.)

Edited by vanguard333