Your opinion on the voice acting in this game?

So this was the first Fire Emblem game to feature full voice acting for all dialogue and after finishing the game, I wanted to hear what people though about the voice acting of the game. I personally Though it was pretty good, but I'm not an expert on voice acting, so I probably have no idea what's good  and what's bad voice acting.

The voice acting was pretty good, from what I heard of it (I played JP SoV until part 4 then saw some chapter videos of US SoV and heard the characters' lines from FEH). It's good to see it isn't Fates 2.0 in VA (it wasn't completely bad, but most of it was mediocre and few were decent) and sounds more like Awakening's good voice acting.

i thought it was really good

the only voices that i kinda disliked were genny (the overall acting was alright but that voice gets pretty grating) and valbar (a little too exaggerated for me most of the time), although I wasn't a fan of catria's either due to how dull she tended to sound (i think the voice fits though it's fine in heroes)

generally I think almost all the voices were good, but as interesting as it is to hear people's sexual feelings about lukas's voice, the one that stood out to me the most was definitely fernand

in the main story he's a pretty lame villain who doesn't really have many exciting moments, but I did still enjoy some of his lines like "And now, you take for your future king, a boy you don't know FROM A GUTTER RAT". 

his death scene was pretty well done too, although I think he stood out the most in the DLC. outside of map 4 where he's just a total dick again, you get to see fernand in a much better light that makes him a decently enjoyable character completely separate from how he is in the main story, and his voice acting adds a lot to that, especially in the memory prisms. his map and battle lines are really good, like "Who among you will face me?" and "This fight is MINE!", but what stood out the most to me was his memory with mathilda. 

the one with clair is funny too (the way he says "I am going to find your brother and bury him in a very deep hole" is great), but I think that scene had the absolute best performance in the game.  the dialogue alone makes fernand's feelings for mathilda pretty obvious, but his voice actor does an amazing job of making him seem really emotionally conflicted about it, and transitions perfectly from sounding cold at the beginning, to concerned when mathilda doesn't understand why he won't talk to her, to much warmer and kinder when he starts telling mathilda about clive. the way he says "Well, I'd be happy to take you. And I'm not just saying that." is incredibly well delivered

so yeah ray chase did pretty damn great but i was fine with almost all the voices, kamui probably having my second favorite 

I really liked the voice acting in SoV it is my favorite in terms of voice acting in FE games.   My favorite is Lukas but I also liked Saber and Python quite a lot too.  I really hope future FEs have this good a quality of voice acting. 

To be fair, I feel if the script hadn't been as polished as it was, the lines might have been grating or even moreso in Faye's case but the performances themselves were top-notch - 8-4's definitely still the standard-bearer in English FE localization. 

My favorites were Lukas and Sonya. Least favorite would either be Genny (reason stated above) or Deen (Squidward, 'Nuff said).

English Catria was an abomination. Her performance was less noticeable with the shorter lines in Heroes, but this game really exposed Conner Kelley drab delivery.

Played JP Echoes. Originally thought Sakurai Takahiro for Lukas was a miscast, was quickly proven wrong.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

As a whole, the cast was awesome. I'm particularly fond of Ian Sinclair, who voiced Berkut. LIES LIES LIES! Fernand was also fantastic.

Also Lukas was awesome. He's a ginger stud in actions and voice.

My favorite girl was Mae, she was giving me Amy Poehler vibes.

Tatianna's is underappreciated. She sounds demure, but mischievous as well.

Still haven't finished playing in english but I'm pleasently surprised with it so far. There was one part that felt completely off, involving Clive, but other than that I liked it but again still early on into it so can't comment on the whole. The japanese was pretty great. Takehito Koyasu as Saber was fantastic. Hiroshi Kamiya as Clive was kinda weird, yeah him again, I couldn't help but think of Araragi from the Monogatari series.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:04 PM, Pharos said:

After having to endure Effie's inconsistently deep voice acting and Corrin's voice cracking, this game is a damn blessing.

I love the voicing in this game so much, it makes me want to cry.

I haven't heard the Voices in Fates, but I do think  echoes nailed along with pretty much everyone else.

i especially remember Berkut yelling "LIES LIES LIES!"

On 9/18/2017 at 11:00 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

English Catria was an abomination. Her performance was less noticeable with the shorter lines in Heroes, but this game really exposed Conner Kelley drab delivery.

Played JP Echoes. Originally thought Sakurai Takahiro for Lukas was a miscast, was quickly proven wrong.

Ohh found someone who agree that Catria voice actress sound like cardboard also sound like she was justing readimg her line and just sound bored during her voice clips. I love Conner voice as Felicia though. Also dislike Desix voice too. His voice actor sound like he was trying to hard to sound evil but came off as cartoony, hamy, Saturday villian.

3 minutes ago, FireEmblemFan2017 said:

Ohh found someone who agree that Catria voice actress sound like cardboard also sound like she was justing readimg her line and just sound bored during her voice clips. I love Conner voice as Felicia though. Also dislike Desix voice too. His voice actor sound like he was trying to hard to sound evil but came off as cartoony, hamy, Saturday villian.

I actually hate Conner Kelley in general, unfortunately.

My opinion of the voice acting is very high. Alm and Celica's VA's nail there parts which is especially important.

I can't really think of a single character who's voice I don't like or don't consider fitting for them.

Also I played Persona 5 at about the same time and it was cute to hear how much the voices of these games overlapped with each other. Celica is Futaba, Saber's the main villain, Mae's is as Makoto, Valbar is one of the villains, Nomah's the chief of police, Emperor Rudolf started a coffee store and much more.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

On 9/21/2017 at 2:39 AM, FireEmblemFan2017 said:

Also dislike Desix voice too. His voice actor sound like he was trying to hard to sound evil but came off as cartoony, hamy, Saturday villian.

I think that was the point, actually. He sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, but the way he does it just works.

Edited by Armagon

The voice acting was good. I especially liked Jedah's deep voice and Alm at the end of Act 4.

The voice direction for Echoes was pretty on point, especially with stuff like how I can hear how disappointed Atlas is when Celica doesn't want him to talk about bugs without us ever hearing what she says.

The only time I tire of the voice acting is during the Cipher DLC chapters where there isn't enough material to justify those long conversations. We get a PHD dissertation on ration balls, yet they're not a provision you can feed your army. 

Wonderful. Amazing. Simply spectacular. I don't think there was a single character I was disappointed with on the English dub side - have no idea about Japanese dub. I would compare it to the level of Persona 5 and some dubbed anime, so very professional and pretty seamless.

I'm just a little wary that this is going to be a one-off great performance: Echoes' overall cast size is small, which sort of acted as a breeding grounds for fantastic voice acting. The only other game I can see getting the same VA treatment is like Sacred Stones since the cast size is similar. Hopefully we keep full voice acting for future releases - they really set the bar with Echoes'.