Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Vaximillian

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trained up the Black Knight yesterday and he's an absolute monster. Been fielding a TT team of BK / Effie / Performer Azura / Genny since then: I expected to have speed problems due to fielding two armors and a healer, but I don't. BK just kills everything so fast, even a lot of blues. I've been having trouble getting through the last map alive, though. Although dying there actually increases my score because I bring in Elincia on my second team for the bigger bonus.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I trained up the Black Knight yesterday and he's an absolute monster. Been fielding a TT team of BK / Effie / Performer Azura / Genny since then: I expected to have speed problems due to fielding two armors and a healer, but I don't. BK just kills everything so fast, even a lot of blues. I've been having trouble getting through the last map alive, though. Although dying there actually increases my score because I bring in Elincia on my second team for the bigger bonus.

Ahh, I never thought of brining Elincia (my only 40% bonus) with the second team. She has maxed HM now and I changed her for BK like you (and Titania for Greenzura temporally). BK is cool for an armor but everyone dies on the last map, because my best blue mages have maxed HM. 

My main team is Ike (mostly for clearing fast by distant countering and giving me a 40% bonus), Bike (who kills anything Ike might have issues killing), Lancina (who buffs them to absurd levels) and a token fourth unit for whoever I want to use in battle to increase their SP. My strategy is pretty much "send Ike to the frontlines, buff him with Lancina, watch as everything dies" even in the last difficulty mode.

I'll try new team compositions later, but since TTs are a drag, I want to have units that clear fast to kill my tedium.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

My most recent run found me this gem:

Reveal hidden contents

FHrBmaz.jpg

This game's random skill assignator is amazing.

Same happened to me in a previous TT with Selena. It is amazing(ly dumb) sometimes.

I've just got a question as to who I should use with Soren on a backup team. Titania is working with Horse Emblem, and while I've been linking Soren with Eirika, M!Robin and Sprincina (as the latter two can take out BK in the same round with buffs from Eirkia), I'm wondering if he should work with three others and leave Eirkia, Springcina and M!Robin on the squad of last resort.

Let's see...

Got a couple near full-HP clears on map 7 on Lunatic (near full-HP only because of Oscar taking recoil damage from Fury 3).

Oscar is at over 2K HM and Wrys is at over 2.5K HM.

Got a 1-turn clear of map 1 (out of 7) on Lunatic. It was the 10-5 story map with 3 sword units and a troubadour, which was positioned in the northeastern alleyway. Brave Lyn cleared out the troubadour and Oscar cleared out the sword units on the first enemy phase.

Oh yeah, since the Dauntless Crimeans banner had ended, Elincia, Nephenee, and Oscar can now be randomly encountered in TT.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Is there stat variance with the Black Knight? I've been doing a lot of Lunatic-5 runs and sometimes, even if there is noone around him and no boost have been applied, he takes way less damage on enemy phase from one run to the next

The random stat inflations made a fool of me in my second bonus run. Took a gambit so that I could get my Reinhardt in range of the enemy's. And whoops! That Reinhardt has 33 Res. Just enough to survive since I had no special proc and only Death Blow 2 instead of 3.

tumblr_ox4mo5SgMK1sn35pqo1_1280.png

I completely messed up the first map to the point of losing Effie and still managed to pull off an A/A ranking somehow. BK is fucking nuts.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

I completely messed up the first map to the point of losing Effie and still managed to pull off an A/A ranking somehow. BK is fucking nuts.

Kudos on killing the BK without a blue. That has happened to me several times so I know how tricky it can be to time your BK's Black Luna proc before his.

Although, you should have forfeited before killing every enemy and finished it with a 40% bonus unit instead.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder how many people are going to quit after reaching 100k. I want to stay in top 5k.

I jumped 250 spots to rank #4790 after getting 504 points to put me at 100,100. So wherever you are right now in relation to me right now might give you a good idea. Personally I'm going to shoot hard for top 1000. If it is anything like the mini TT there will be a lot of people who drop off after hitting 100k. You should see your rank go up a considerable amount with every run.

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I jumped 250 spots to rank #4790 after getting 504 points to put me at 100,100. So wherever you are right now in relation to me right now might give you a good idea. Personally I'm going to shoot hard for top 1000. If it is anything like the mini TT there will be a lot of people who drop off after hitting 100k. You should see your rank go up a considerable amount with every run.

I’m rank 2,427 with 105,805 points. The difference in rank is truly massive for mere five thousand points.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m rank 2,427 with 105,805 points. The difference in rank is truly massive for mere five thousand points.

Yeah, top 1000 could only be 5000 - 10,000 points away from you.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Memories of the first Tempest... the difference between my ~53K and ~50K was 20K ranks.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Although, you should have forfeited before killing every enemy and finished it with a 40% bonus unit instead.

Nah. It's not about the points, it's about sending a message.

My Elincia maxed HM some time ago now and I'm using BK for TT now. Like others mentioned, he is crazily strong with TT boosted stats (+4), double S-Support (+2, +2), a PA!Azura dance (+3), BH!Lucina nearby (spur ATK 3 / SPD 6) and his native steady stance (+6 DEF on EP). That's 57/64/51/52/29 ... feels like cheating. 

I don't even have double S support, but only summoner A and I go with BH!Lucina + PA!Azura. He doesn't need much healing to solo the last map. 

13 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

I had a pretty awful run this time around. I picked the wrong team several times.

However, I should get the Black Knight tomorrow and Panic Ploy on the second-to-last day.

you just taking it easy or is this what awaits me when I run out of stamina potions?