Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Vaximillian

14 hours ago, Hardin said:

Best tempest trial ever. 

21981720_10214758296250420_1916364811_o.png

I now have a new otp for ike, and here I was shipping him with mist so that everyone can be pissed that priam is a thing, this is a much better pairing.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With TT awards and HM overflow, I reached 20k feathers again and decided to promote +RES -SPD Titania. I gave her DC (yes I killed one of my two Hectors ...), QR and Iceberg which makes her a great bait for non red magic users in TT. 

She replaced BH!Ike for now, until I'll have to change the team for the next time, when someone gets maxed HM (next will be most likely Reinhardt). 

Most maps are okay, since I got used to be on offense in TT. But I'd like to avoid this one map from chapter 10-5. Depending on the enemy units, it's often impossible to prevent damage. 

One of the things I like the most about doing Tempest Trails is the rewards you build up without realising. The crystals for example are very handy, and I never actually realised just how many I had until just now.

On 23/09/2017 at 11:10 PM, Hawk King said:

So two people in my friends list have a 5* BK with Steady Breath inherited. One of them also has Wrath and Panic Ploy which is an amazing build if you ask me.

I'm really thinking about grabbing another B!Ike for skill inheritance fodder with the free summon I have been saving... The only thing stopping me is the unwanted natures on my B!Lucina and B!Lyn.

I need the elusive Steady Breath myself - I never bothered with the Brave Heroes banner so I never had a chance of pulling a Brave Ike. I'm hoping we might get the option of skill buying with the Sacred Coins, Steady Breath is the only skill I need on the BK - I already gave him a ton of skills already.

1 hour ago, Zelgius said:

I need the elusive Steady Breath myself - I never bothered with the Brave Heroes banner so I never had a chance of pulling a Brave Ike. I'm hoping we might get the option of skill buying with the Sacred Coins, Steady Breath is the only skill I need on the BK - I already gave him a ton of skills already.

I actually pulled 4 of them. Without thinking, I merged them all onto my best one to make room in my barracks. Now I wish I had them all for other unit builds I want...

10 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I now have a new otp for ike, and here I was shipping him with mist so that everyone can be pissed that priam is a thing, this is a much better pairing.

I just got Ike and Soren to S Rank in Tempest.

I've noticed a few maps that I'm not a big fan of here.  Mostly that Chapter 10-2 map with the skywalks or whatever you call them.  It can be hard to approach the enemies without wasting a few turns arranging everybody.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I’ve noticed a few maps that I'm not a big fan of here.  Mostly that Chapter 10-2 map with the skywalks or whatever you call them.  It can be hard to approach the enemies without wasting a few turns arranging everybody.

10-5 is pretty bad, I concur. But sometimes you can snipe enemies from the right side but otherwise baiting is painful to do without wasting time.

The skywalk map was annoying at first but it’s actually pretty fun for me now. If the unit on the bottom right isn’t ranged I can net a quick KO on the first turn with Elincia + Dancer since Drag Back moves her onto the water and out of range of the second unit.

Another that comes to mind is 13-2. Three ranged units can very easily have overlapping danger zones which makes KO’ing one and backing out without damage near impossible without a dancer or two.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

10-5 is pretty bad, I concur. But sometimes you can snipe enemies from the right side but otherwise baiting is painful to do without wasting time.

The skywalk map was annoying at first but it’s actually pretty fun for me now. If the unit on the bottom right isn’t ranged I can net a quick KO on the first turn with Elincia + Dancer since Drag Back moves her onto the water and out of range of the second unit.

Another that comes to mind is 13-2. Three ranged units can very easily have overlapping danger zones which makes KO’ing one and backing out without damage near impossible without a dancer or two.

My crowning moment of awesome in the 10-5 was somehow carrying Elincia all the way from the right side to the left using a combination of Draw back, Reposition and Dance.

oh and it helps that she could fly over that tree

6 hours ago, mewyeon said:

I noticed the 5* character this time is Black Knight, so I'm not super motivated for this TT.  I mean, I still like the character, but I don't like using armor units.  Alas.

It helps that the BK is probably the best Armor in the game. While I don't enjoy armors 1 movement all that much, having Amelia definitely makes them much more enjoyable. BK and Amelia got an S-Support ASAP, and they have been crushing the TT for me.

BK's movement could be okay with Pivot plus Wings of Mercy 3.  Also, I feel like he's more of a counterpuncher like Hector, so as long as he's in range and has Alondite equipped he'll be fine.  I didn't pull Amelia so that's what i'm rolling wif.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

Team Flying Death Princesses is doing even better now that Elincia stole Palla's girlfriend and joined both of them in knowing both Goad Fliers and Fortify Fliers. Also s!Camilla learned some better skills. Almost to 20k points now.

tumblr_owu717q1rT1sn35pqo1_400.png

tumblr_owu717q1rT1sn35pqo2_400.png

tumblr_owu717q1rT1sn35pqo3_400.png

tumblr_owu717q1rT1sn35pqo4_400.png

29 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

BK's movement could be okay with Pivot plus Wings of Mercy 3.  Also, I feel like he's more of a counterpuncher like Hector, so as long as he's in range and has Alondite equipped he'll be fine.  I didn't pull Amelia so that's what i'm rolling wif.

BK is a great unit but has barely any place in Arena Defense Teams. The amount of Reinhardts that can one shot him is too great and BH Lyn non counter b passiv doesnt help his cause either since she can kite him Forever. For a Arena offense unit he will be great though

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

True, but needing two skills to compensate for his issues is an issue in it's own right (since he can't help others with reposition or use stuff like Vantage or a breaker skills in that case).

Edited by Bartozio

I was putting my numbers into my old tracker to make sure I'm doing fine in the Tempest. Was getting really pessimistic numbers...

Until I noticed I still had the default of a x1.2 bonus instead of a x1.4. Suddenly terrified of not getting a x1.4 at some point...

46 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

True, but needing two skills to compensate for his issues is an issue in it's own right (since he can't help others with reposition or use stuff like Vantage or a breaker skills in that case).

that's if you want to cover everything, you can do just fine with wings of mercy or pivot alone, along with that, his speed is good enough to where he doesn't really need any breakers and I have never found vantage useful for anything short of defense teams.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

that's if you want to cover everything, you can do just fine with wings of mercy or pivot alone, along with that, his speed is good enough to where he doesn't really need any breakers and I have never found vantage useful for anything short of defense teams.

Vantage is going to be pretty great on him when you're facing two or more green mages and none of your other units are good at dealing with them (I generally feel like a unit should be able to deal with the whole color they have an advantage over to be considered good). His speed is good, but not at the point where he wouldn't benefit from a breaker skill at all. Sword Breaker or QR would probably give him a fair amount of extra kills.

Also, the person I responded to suggested using both of those skills to remedy the movement issue, I never said he needed that myself. I'll personally use him as just a counter killer, for which I think Pivot will be enough to move him around decently. He'll still need some help, but I think he'll be able to compensate for that with his great match ups.

I have an horrible luck with the bonus points runs. Whenever there's any bonus I cannot even make to the last map. Or end up with everyone dying to BK. And whenever there's no bonus I can easily beat all 7 maps without much trouble.

My first team is composed of Nino, Xander, Camus and Maria, and often (unless there's some bonus going lol) reach the end map deathless. On the last map I try to clear it a little, and let Rein, Lilina, S!Tiki and Sakura finish the job. Didn't have any bonus units this time (My Soren is baaad, and couldn't find a team that could work well with Titania).

How can some of you go without a healer? Renewal, reciprocal aid? I know with some units (Klein, Rein) and drawback/reposition is easy to kill units without recoil, yet long term it's impossible for me to get 0 damage. Specially on the lunatic-7, I don't think my units could get to the last map in a decent condition without a healer.

3 minutes ago, Zinnia said:

How can some of you go without a healer? Renewal, reciprocal aid? I know with some units (Klein, Rein) and drawback/reposition is easy to kill units without recoil, yet long term it's impossible for me to get 0 damage. Specially on the lunatic-7, I don't think my units could get to the last map in a decent condition without a healer.

Falchion users with Renewal and Ardent Sacrifice are great for being able to heal your units and do some attacking as well. They gain 20 HP at the start of every new map.

Another option is just hyper offense with blade tomes and Desperation. Basically nuke everything and never let them attack you.

The only way defensive attacks could be reliable without a healer is if the have skills like Aether and Sol to restore their HP.

well I am at 20k points and since I have the stamina potions and the time I think I will grind to 30k tonight so I can get 5* BK to train after Hawkeye is finished.  I love TT and with elincia and Titania it is easy to grind units and points at the same time.