Tempest Trials: Moment of Fate!

Vaximillian

I think the last orbs from this I'm going to get before the Dauntless Crimeans banner expires are the 35K ones. I think I can make a 3 summon session before the banner is over if I make it to that, and that will be my last attempt.

Here's hoping this is just a repeat of Tana.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Zinnia said:

How can some of you go without a healer? Renewal, reciprocal aid? I know with some units (Klein, Rein) and drawback/reposition is easy to kill units without recoil, yet long term it's impossible for me to get 0 damage. Specially on the lunatic-7, I don't think my units could get to the last map in a decent condition without a healer.

My team's composed of Ike, B!Lucina, Julia, and Linde. The first two have Aether for self-healing, Julia still has BoL3 to help out, and Linde has a medic-style skillset I devised: Fury 3 (for fighting), Renewal 3, BoL3, BoL1 seal, Aura, Ardent Sacrifice. She heals herself by 10 every two turns, can heal others for 10, and heals others by 15 whenever she attacks. The last enemy usually gets killed by her to top everyone else up before the next map. The Fury damage gets instantly healed by Renewal when the next map starts anyway. Worst comes to worst I use Ardent Sacrifice to help everyone else at her expense.

Combined with this team's high firepower, I can sweep through maps while taking relatively little damage and heal whatever damage I do take, compensating for the tough maps with the easy ones.

On 9/23/2017 at 8:02 PM, Hardin said:

Best tempest trial ever. 

I'd save the BK's love for when Micaiah finally shows up. I liked her affection for her Knight in Ebony Armor. Of course, Micaiah only knew a good side of the BK (which really wasn't good since Sephiran did it to get a puppet on the Daein throne for P1, to keep the chaos alive in P3, and only P4 is it done out of goodness). Unlike Ike, she never felt his bad side, or knew much at all about him in general. If she had known, I don't know if she would be able to sustain her fondness for the BK, but a line cut out of the international release post BK death (which Micaiah doesn't try to stop or appear at all, which is strange given her affection and is just proof of at how she gets snubbed in the Tower) says she did wish for him to remain by her side.

This said, even if the love was bound to be doomed if Micaiah had known everything, I do like the romance, if you could call it that. Was the BK deserving of Micaiah? Perhaps not, but it brings to mind a similarly doomed love built on a one-sided understanding by one party. What love am I referring to? Well it's spoilery, but it's from Odin Sphere.

Yeah, I just took a jovial post and made a serious and sad reply to it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Zinnia said:

I have an horrible luck with the bonus points runs. Whenever there's any bonus I cannot even make to the last map. Or end up with everyone dying to BK. And whenever there's no bonus I can easily beat all 7 maps without much trouble.

My first team is composed of Nino, Xander, Camus and Maria, and often (unless there's some bonus going lol) reach the end map deathless. On the last map I try to clear it a little, and let Rein, Lilina, S!Tiki and Sakura finish the job. Didn't have any bonus units this time (My Soren is baaad, and couldn't find a team that could work well with Titania).

How can some of you go without a healer? Renewal, reciprocal aid? I know with some units (Klein, Rein) and drawback/reposition is easy to kill units without recoil, yet long term it's impossible for me to get 0 damage. Specially on the lunatic-7, I don't think my units could get to the last map in a decent condition without a healer.

In general I run Hector/Ike with Sol and Aether respectively. They can heal as much as they get. In adition my Bridelia and Bryn got BoL3 with BoL seal. With this kind of setup it's pretty easy.

Getting A/A runs is a bit wonky in Tempest because this is the first Tempest I'm not running a dancer, plus running a healer so my firepower is a bit lacking with Ike/Oscar/Soren/Maria. They whittle down and eventually die if I swap out Maria with Neph so I need the healer to keep everyone healthy since there's no source of healing aside from Ike's Aether.

For the FE7 Tempest I ran Eliwood/Hector/B!Lyn/Ninian. Hector had Renewal, Eliwood had Sol and Lyn could OHKO a lot of stuff so it was pretty easy getting A/A runs. With this team they feel the wear of combat and the maps are more enemy phase oriented so I had to support Oscar with Maria and give her Rehabilitate and Heavenly Light/Renewal in order to keep everyone healthy.

I find Renewal and Sol to be pretty valuable skills in the tempest. Either way I can get A/A runs but I do tend to get the occasional A/B run if the right units show up.

Also, screw Roderick. That man is a pest and the reason why I'm partially not looking forward to Firesweep swords, axes and God help us all: tomes.

Edited by Zeo

18 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So when it counts speed in the Tempest, does it Player Phase and Enemy Phase as separate or as one turn together? Just curious. I'd assume it's both together counted as one but I'm not entirely sure.

I’d say the counter increments every time a new player phase comes around, but that’s just my uneducated guess.

11 hours ago, Zinnia said:

I have an horrible luck with the bonus points runs. Whenever there's any bonus I cannot even make to the last map. Or end up with everyone dying to BK. And whenever there's no bonus I can easily beat all 7 maps without much trouble.

My first team is composed of Nino, Xander, Camus and Maria, and often (unless there's some bonus going lol) reach the end map deathless. On the last map I try to clear it a little, and let Rein, Lilina, S!Tiki and Sakura finish the job. Didn't have any bonus units this time (My Soren is baaad, and couldn't find a team that could work well with Titania).

In first TT (which was by far the hardest) I did most runs with a horse team including a healer. In the next TTs I switched to MB!Marth or Alm as pseudo healers with Falchion + Renewal + Reciprocal Aid/Ardent Sacrifice which worked well.

This is the first TT where I go without healer/pseudo healer/dancer:

Elincia, Jeorge (Kleins brave set), Titania, blue mage (Reinhardt, Ursula, Mae) 

Especially Titania (+5* +RES -SPD, DC, QR2, Iceberg, Reposition) has proven herself very valuable, because she can bait everything blue, green mages & healers. Its not so important to take zero damage, since all of them usually one-shoot or one-round their match-up. Only my blue mage (was changed often because of maxed HM) has to remain mostly undamaged to have sword breaker active in map 7 for BK. 

Your team seems good, if you have other options for Nino (Blade Cecilia /Titania) and Maria (Elise, Priscilla, Clarine / Reinhardt, Olwen, Blade Ursula) you could profit from horse buffs. 

Edited by mampfoid

11 hours ago, Zinnia said:

I myself run a team of Elincia, Reinhardt, Klein and Ninian right now (so no healer). With reposition/Draw back and dance I can clear most maps without taking any damage (the trick is sending one of my units in to kill something and get him out safe, then kill everything else as they approuch). Elincia is supposed to take a hit somewhere to get into Desperation range, and my other units end up having to take a hit once in a while, but I rarely lose any of them on a Lunatic-7 run. It was easier with Ike instead of Elincia though, since Aether gave him enough survivebility to effectively bait enemies.

As others have said, taking 0 damage isn't super important, because even most nukes can take a hit (as long as you're careful about what hit that is).

These two motherfuckers:

jJtIP86.png

Saizo: 36/38/34/33/16, Poison Strike 3;
Matthew: 41/32/31/33/18, Poison Strike 3.

I almost hate these two bastards.

Innes doesn’t help. All the assholes on one map. Glorious.

I'm running Elincia, Hinoka, Minerva, Palla (it's my flying team, as I don't have S!Camilla or S!Corrin). I've done 24.6k without using stamina potions, but I'm so tired of facing archers usually in places where my only chance to attack them is using Minerva with her defensive special (at least it's only 1 cooldown with Hauteclaire) and buffs...and that doesn't even work against Gordin or other Brave Bow+ users...

Let's hope they release a flier red mage or a flier archer that isn't in a seassonal banner...xd

13 hours ago, Zinnia said:

Xander + Rein + Dancer.

Rein has Repo, Lancebreaker and Death Blow (I was able to do it with Death Blow 2 but have since upgraded him. Lancebreaker 3 would be best but Rein shouldn't really be getting hit). I also have Luna, which helps him kill certain units he otherwise might struggle with. I've also S supported him with myself and Xander (although he still gave me deathless runs even before supporting was a thing).

Xander has hone cav + Swap although repo could also do. His job is to keep Rein safe and kill off greens.

Dancer is to keep Rein moving. Rein can take out 1-2 units a go.

Last unit can cover the weaknesses. I use Ike for the bonus, but he doesn't cover anything. Soren would be best for me, but I want the 1.4 bonus. If you have one, build one up. The last unit must have drag back or reposition.

With this, you should be reaching Deathless 7 more often than not (I've only had one unlucky run this go round, though I now only use this team for the bonus ones 'cos it does get a little dull. Last Tempest, I only lost a few times despite constantly running this team... and by lost, I mean I went to my second team, not failed). The rule is to do everything to keep Rein out of trouble whilst deleting at least one unit a go, although sometimes you just have to make it up in the next map. The aim isn't to get 0 damage, but to get as little damage as possible. With that going on, you shouldn't need a healer :)

Rein struggles with certain colourless and certain high res mages, as well as green. He should kill every lance in one turn (exception Effie 'cos she doesn't allow for quad attack  or those who have blue t.breaker), and every sword. He'll kill most mages. Sometimes, you have to use one unit to build his proc, and then he can take down the colourless or high res unit he couldn't before. Other times, soften them up with Xander or the fourth unit :)

Edited by Cute Chao

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd save the BK's love for when Micaiah finally shows up. I liked her affection for her Knight in Ebony Armor. Of course, Micaiah only knew a good side of the BK (which really wasn't good since Sephiran did it to get a puppet on the Daein throne for P1, to keep the chaos alive in P3, and only P4 is it done out of goodness). Unlike Ike, she never felt his bad side, or knew much at all about him in general. If she had known, I don't know if she would be able to sustain her fondness for the BK, but a line cut out of the international release post BK death (which Micaiah doesn't try to stop or appear at all, which is strange given her affection and is just proof of at how she gets snubbed in the Tower) says she did wish for him to remain by her side.

This said, even if the love was bound to be doomed if Micaiah had known everything, I do like the romance, if you could call it that. Was the BK deserving of Micaiah? Perhaps not, but it brings to mind a similarly doomed love built on a one-sided understanding by one party. What love am I referring to? Well it's spoilery, but it's from Odin Sphere.

Yeah, I just took a jovial post and made a serious and sad reply to it.

Right now I have my BK supporting Ike, if Micaiah is released I will definitely have them support and if I get Mist I will immediately have Ike and Mist support.

BK had very little to do with the downfall of dain, he played a very different roll in sepherains plan, he was just there to keep micaiah alive but izuka was the one who put a puppet on the throne, ran away, and didn't reappear until way after. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Did they prevent enemy healers from using Pain staff? Azama, Genny and Sakura for example always have Assault equipped. 

Lucius often comes with Pain against me. I am pretty sure this is randomised.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Lucius often comes with Pain against me. I am pretty sure this is randomised.

Ok, that's more likely. Perhaps I didn't notice because Lucius is killed fast enough on PP, while bulky Azama is better lured and killed on EP. 

Got 5* BK. I'll probably have him take over TT runs without the 3x bonus after training him up this weekend, since my green fliers are nearing their HM caps. s!Camilla will get there soon from all her use on Team Flying Death Princesses, and while Michalis has been working as a replacement, he's not too far off either.