N&H: The People of the Sands (?)

Poimagic

This is one of those thread were you talk and help others beat the stuffing out of Ninian and Hawkeye. And while the BHB isn't up by the time this get's added, we can speculate as to what the map looks like, what all the units skills are, what is different about Ninian and Hawkeye, and what their banner will look like. So, chat away! (As for why the question mark is there, I haven't finished Blazing Sword and don't know the relation between the two)

Kind of a weird theme. Ninian and Nils never lived in Hawkeye's village, so the opening dialogue will probably just be some postering about how Ninian always dreamed of a place where humans and dragons can live at peace, then Hawkeye promises to take her there someday. 

Shout outs to yet another Ninian banner tho.

26 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

(As for why the question mark is there, I haven't finished Blazing Sword and don't know the relation between the two)

They don't really have any direct relations though Hawkeye is one of the only three characters who have a support with Ninian. Really, this Bound Hero Battle just serves to make Nils's absence all the more noticeable.

Courtesy of the latest datamine, this is presumably what the map will look like if anyone is interested in getting a sneak peak if you haven't already seen it.

Spoiler

miZjj79.png

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

They don't really have any direct relations though Hawkeye is one of the only three characters who have a support with Ninian. Really, this Bound Hero Battle just serves to make Nils's absence all the more noticeable.

Courtesy of the latest datamine, this is presumably what the map will look like if anyone is interested in getting a sneak peak if you haven't already seen it.

Hide contents

miZjj79.png

Any idea where we start at? Hopefully not that bottom right corner.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Poimagic I sure as hell hope you're up for the task of updating the opening post for the map, stats, and strategies once the map is released.

Primary reason why I don't start these types of topics. But someone else will just make another one most likely if need be.

@Ice Dragon I know It'll be tough to do all the stuff, but I know I can do it. As for where we will start, we'll probably be on the top left corner and Hawkeye and Ninian will be on the bottom right corner. As for the banner I'm guessing Eliwood or Lyn will go without Hawkeye and Ninian.

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Any idea where we start at? Hopefully not that bottom right corner.

To be accurate to the base game, Eliwood Mode starts in the northeast on the green, while Hector Mode starts in the southeast sands.

I agree that Ninian is an odd choice, particularly since Fae exists, lives in Nabata, and is actually in a house on the map in FE7, with alternate dialogue if Hawkeye visits her.

The absence of Nils is a shame since the most memorable thing of the plot of this chapter (I'm assuming you go to Genesis so meeting Athos is delayed) is the CG of Hector giving Nils a piggyback ride (it's so cute!).

I suddenly have a burning desire in my heart for Pent. Oh where art thou badass slaughterer of the sands? Hear my melodic voice! I am Louise! Come to me! May the harmony summon you from across the multiverse and put you under my spe-ell!

Now if only the Ocean Seal was tucked away here. I wonder how many Orbs it'd buy.

That's supposed to be the desert map? Are the blocks supposed to represent fossilized remains of dragons? I know that would take a lot of work to draw, but come on. Just mountains in an otherwise empty desert would also be accurate, but I guess they really wanted a terrain type that fliers can't just pass through.

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@Ice Dragon I know It'll be tough to do all the stuff, but I know I can do it. As for where we will start, we'll probably be on the top left corner and Hawkeye and Ninian will be on the bottom right corner. As for the banner I'm guessing Eliwood or Lyn will go without Hawkeye and Ninian.

I thought that, then I was reminded Sophia exists. It'll probably be her in the red spot.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be accurate to the base game, Eliwood Mode starts in the northeast on the green, while Hector Mode starts in the southeast sands.

I agree that Ninian is an odd choice, particularly since Fae exists, lives in Nabata, and is actually in a house on the map in FE7, with alternate dialogue if Hawkeye visits her.

The absence of Nils is a shame since the most memorable thing of the plot of this chapter (I'm assuming you go to Genesis so meeting Athos is delayed) is the CG of Hector giving Nils a piggyback ride (it's so cute!).

I suddenly have a burning desire in my heart for Pent. Oh where art thou badass slaughterer of the sands? Hear my melodic voice! I am Louise! Come to me! May the harmony summon you from across the multiverse and put you under my spe-ell!

Now if only the Ocean Seal was tucked away here. I wonder how many Orbs it'd buy.

They probably went with Hawkeye and Ninian because they were both from the same game where as Fae would show up with a unit like Sophia or Igrene. Fae made a cameo, but she wouldn't have a prominent role in a BHB that's supposed to be based off an FE7 map.

Cleared out Hard and Lunatic using Hector, Ryoma, Amelia, and Effie. The map REALLY hates cavalry units.

EDIT: Cleared Infernal using the same team on first try.

Units:

+2 Ryoma (+HP/-Def): Raijinto, Swap, Astra, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3

Hector (+Atk/-Def): Armads, Pivot, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 3, HP +3

Amelia (+Atk/-HP): Slaying Axe+, Swap, Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Armor March 3

4* +2 Effie (+Atk/-Spd): Brave Lance+, Death Blow 2, Wary Fighter 3, Fortify Armor

Edited by Roflolxp54

Beat it with Ephraim, Katarina, Nino and Ninian. I just bladetome'd everything to death. Had to give Ephraim the Atk seal to secure the last OHKO though.

Ephraim: Bonfire,TA, Lancebreaker, Hone Speed, Atk+1 seal, Katarina S support 

Katarina: Redblade+, Ardent sacrifice, Swift Sparrow (I don't think the other skills matter), Ephraim S support 

Nino: Gronnblade+, Draconic aura, Fury, Desperation, Hone Atk

Ninian: Doesn't matter, just dance.

Place Ephraim in range of red horse, Katarina to his right and Nino below. Eph takes 0 damage and horse will not get OHKO'd so Ninian will waste her dance on him, only for the horse cav to suicide on eph.

Hawkeye will move to the wall. Have Nino kill him (this will require a dance as it's a 2RKO). Ephraim moves down to Nino's right, Katarina baits and kills the green mage. 

Ninian attacks Ephraim, he will survive with 1HP even with Res bane. Nino kills Ninian and Lance cavalry. Ephraim moves to chokepoint. Place Katarina below him for support bonus. Bonfire will OHKO the red sword. (If Ephraim is not +Atk he will need the Atk seal or he will miss the OHKO by 1HP)

Map complete 

To note: Kat and Nino are +Spd. I'm not sure if they miss out on doubles if they're not speed boon. You can probably use Tharja instead as well as I think she can take a hit from the green mage.

Edited by Korath88

Used my usual horse emblem team of Xander, Olwen, Cecilia and Reinhardt to clear hard and lunatic but switched to an infantry team of Brave Lucina, Brave Ike, Eirika and Olivia to clear Infernal. Took 2 tries because I originally tried using Ninian instead of Olivia but I needed wings of mercy so I swapped them.

Infernal Units:
Brave Ike (neutral) Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc Blessing, Hone Speed 3
Brave Lucina (+hp/-spd) Geirskogul, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Drive Spd 2
Eirika (+hp/-def) Sieglinde, Rally Defense, New Moon, Triangle Adept 2, Drag Back, Hone Speed 3
Olivia (+def/-spd) Ruby Sword, Dance, Luna, Fury 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Attack 3

Beat Infernal with Xander, Azura, Reinhardt, and Julia, with the help of a stamina pot. Normal was cleared with a similar team, with Olwen instead of Julia (although I meant to replace her, I just misclicked) and Brave Roy instead of Xander; Lunatic need Julia, but Brave Roy was still there. This was the first (and hopefully not the last) time that I've been incredibly grateful for Fortress Def 3 on Xander, which let him survive and kill Hawkeye on retaliation with Quick Riposte after hitting him once on player phase, as well as live the Wo Dao+ unit with 16 HP left. The rest was just using Reinhardt to kill everyone except the green mage, using Julia to kill the green mage, and using Dance, Reposition (horses) and Draw Back (Julia) a lot. Neat overall, and hilarious with how blatantly anti-cavalry the units were made to be.

Used a different team with each mode. Beat hard with a fledgling White Wings team consisting of Minerva, Palla, Catria and Est (love my girls <3), for some exp. It really helped to hide/kite around the cliffs at the bottom right. I'm beginning to love Flier Emblem thanks to them. 

Lunatic was done my mage team of Lilina, Nino, Ephraim and Ninian. That poor green mage suicided on Lili XD. 

Finally for Infernal, I did it with Navarre, Bike, Ninian and Rein. My Navarre has summoner support and shares a S-ranked support with Bike. On the first turn I had Rein take out the red Zanbato (he'll need a Hone attack to do this), and repositioned him back with Bike. Navarre goes right toward the green mage.Ike will tank most of the enemy phase. I'm finding Aether and QR3 to be nice together because he'd sometimes heal himself back up.

Turn 2, Navarre kills the green mage. Rein can kill the red sword. In my case he needs to be repositioned back by Bike to avoid Ninian. Then it's a case of end turn and win :)

Start of turn two: 

Spoiler

zVtNvfd.png

Infernal Team: 

Navarre: Wo Dao+, Reposition, Moonbow, LnD 3, Desperation, Threaten Speed. 

Bike: Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, QR3, Hone Speed. 

Ninian: Dark Breath+, Dance, Escutcheon, TA3, Escape Route, Hone Attack

Rein: Dire Thunder, Reposition, Luna, DB3, Lancebreaker, Goad Cav ( How I wish to write something more original... or have a someone else as blue mage for once)  

Sadly I don't think I can replace Rein for this strategy, because for Bike to tank the first Enemy phase that red cav with Zanbato needs to be dead to he can kill the lance cav, and that red sword on really needs to die on turn 2

Edited by ruruo

Yup, bruteforced my way through. 

Cleared infernal with ingenious strategy of my Cecilia taking everyone head on. After setting everything so she can kill Zanbato through Vantage Ninian anticlimacticly took bullet instead blocking her comrade from approaching me. He obviously bit a dust in player phase  then. 

I feel bit guilty having Cecilia killing her mother in law with Roy (almost) full support though.

Edited by Tenzen12