Bound Hero Battle: Guardians of Paradise

SatsumaFSoysoy

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Unfortunately, I can't find a possible strategy for lunatic or infernal. I don't have any units that would survive both the green mage and blue horse. Because I know whatever red or green I send to bait the mage will then be killed by a danced blue horse. Ninian really throws a wrench into this map. She should've been a different character here, imo.

Note, I don't mean it's impossible for anyone, I only mean it's impossible for me. I'd really like those orbs too...

For Infernal, do you have any ranged character that could possibly kill Ninian? I personally used Nino with Draw Back to do it, alongside Lucina, Azura and Bride Cordelia.

To achieve it though, I took the first turn to place my units like this:

Spoiler

17cf486100.jpg

Where my Azura was at position 1, Nino at position 2, my Lucina with reposition and Hone Atk at position 3 and my Bridelia with Hone Spd and Shove at position 4.

On the second turn, my Bridelia shoved Nino, which allowed her to get in range and kill Ninian. After that, Azura danced her and Nino used Draw Back on her.

Which means I was left with my units in these positions at the end of the turn:

Spoiler

82d2f9de07.jpg

Leaving just Azura in range of the Sword Cavalry, which is perfect. After, it depends on your unit, but this way the biggest threat, the enemy dancer, is taken out first.

This could be done with a number of ranged unit, but it's easiest with a fast Gronnblade mage like Nino since you need 42 Spd to double Ninian, and the buffs being added to the damage done as well as the Triangle Advantage is really useful to burst though Ninian's 69 HP and effective 39 Res (and 35 Def) thanks to Distant Defense 3 and the Spur Def Res 2 from the lance cav. Julia can also 1HKO Ninian, but she's much less common than Nino.

Edit: Also, this strategy doesn't work with Azura as the dancer in Lunatic or Hard since Hawkeye starts close enough to hit Azura as well, and she obviously isn't a fan of Axe unit with Death Blow. Olivia wouldn't mind, but she'll take more damage from the Sword Cav than Azura.

Edited by LuxSpes

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like how the iOS update included a screen recorder. 

I don’t think my strategy will help very many people. I do think it’s worth noting that the Distant Defense seal has the potential to be pretty darn useful on this map, and that bIke will function pretty much exactly the same with Ather instead of Galeforce(maybe better honestly). 

Well, I managed to beat infernal using Ninian, Lilina, Oboro, and Nino (all of them are 5-stars). Oboro having quick riposte meant that she could get rid of the sword cavalier that charged her on EP1, and Hawkeye was too slow to double and kill her. Pretty much, all I did was retreat and kill the enemies that got in my range while retreating. Enemy Ninian actually died last!

Managed to clear Infernal with my regular team of Celica, Linde, Cherche, and Ike (though he ended up not entering combat at all). Celica baited the green mage but because she couldn't double him Hawkeye was able to use WoM. She killed the green mage after Ninian danced him and survived the attack from Hawkeye. She and Cherche took out Hawkeye and Cherche managed to survive being doubled by Ninian. Celica or Linde can take her out so that Cherche can take out the lance cavalier after that (for Celica to do it required moonbow activating). As for the reds the sword cavalier got close enough for Linde to snipe him and the infantry unit did the same a turn or two later. 

My Celica is summoner supported so that definitely helped a bit. Seeing as Celica isn't a common unit to have I doubt this'll be super helpful to people here, but I'd be interested in seeing if another red mage could replicate it. This is the first infernal battle I've managed to beat so I'm pretty proud of that!

I cleared infernal with Innes, Celica, Hector and Tana.  Hector baited the green mage and killed him.  Ninian danced the lance cav to him and Hector killed him too.  After that I had Hector Swap with Innes so he'd be in Ninan's attack range.  This was to keep her from dancing anyone as Ninian would attack and do 0 damage.  With ninian preoccupied the rest of the map was simple.  I had Tana kill the two red.   Celica used reciprocal aid to heal Hector and  Hector switched with Innes.  Hawkeye used wom to reach Ninian ( he had to appear behind her because they were still in the chokepoint on the right so he couldn't attack) and Ninian suicided on Hector.  Finally Celica killed Hawkeye.

59 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

For Infernal, do you have any ranged character that could possibly kill Ninian? I personally used Nino with Draw Back to do it, alongside Lucina, Azura and Bride Cordelia.

To achieve it though, I took the first turn to place my units like this:

Hide contents

17cf486100.jpg

Where my Azura was at position 1, Nino at position 2, my Lucina with reposition and Hone Atk at position 3 and my Bridelia with Hone Spd and Shove at position 4.

On the second turn, my Bridelia shoved Nino, which allowed her to get in range and kill Ninian. After that, Azura danced her and Nino used Draw Back on her.

Which means I was left with my units in these positions at the end of the turn:

Hide contents

82d2f9de07.jpg

Leaving just Azura in range of the Sword Cavalry, which is perfect. After, it depends on your unit, but this way the biggest threat, the enemy dancer, is taken out first.

This could be done with a number of ranged unit, but it's easiest with a fast Gronnblade mage like Nino since you need 42 Spd to double Ninian, and the buffs being added to the damage done as well as the Triangle Advantage is really useful to burst though Ninian's 69 HP and effective 39 Res (and 35 Def) thanks to Distant Defense 3 and the Spur Def Res 2 from the lance cav. Julia can also 1HKO Ninian, but she's much less common than Nino.

Edit: Also, this strategy doesn't work with Azura as the dancer in Lunatic or Hard since Hawkeye starts close enough to hit Azura as well, and she obviously isn't a fan of Axe unit with Death Blow. Olivia wouldn't mind, but she'll take more damage from the Sword Cav than Azura.

Hm. I do have Nino with Draw Back to use. I don't have anyone with Shove though. But maybe using someone with Reposition instead might do the trick? I have plenty of those. I also have Klein if I have to use an archer. And I have Lucina, though she isn't SI'd at the moment (and the only reason I leveled her up at all is because she has perfect IVs. +Atk, -Res).

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hm. I do have Nino with Draw Back to use. I don't have anyone with Shove though. But maybe using someone with Reposition instead might do the trick? I have plenty of those. I also have Klein if I have to use an archer. And I have Lucina, though she isn't SI'd at the moment (and the only reason I leveled her up at all is because she has perfect IVs. +Atk, -Res).

If you don't have Shove, you'll need 1 unit with Reposition and 1 unit with either Reposition or Draw Back because the unit with Reposition will block Nino's Draw Back.

The unit with Reposition starts in position 2, Nino in position 4, and the unit with Reposition or Draw Back in position 3.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you don't have Shove, you'll need 1 unit with Reposition and 1 unit with either Reposition or Draw Back because the unit with Reposition will block Nino's Draw Back.

The unit with Reposition starts in position 2, Nino in position 4, and the unit with Reposition or Draw Back in position 3.

Ah, okay. I got plenty of Reposition people and also a couple other Draw Back people, so that's no biggie.

Just now, Anacybele said:

What's your Nino's  nature? Because +Spd really helps her double Ninian, though one with a neutral Spd nature, Fury and a Hone Spd buff would also do the trick. 

And I just used Lucina in my example because she's my strongest Sword unit. Ike could probably do the same as long as he has a buff in is C slot and reposition. 

And I keep using probably here because all of my units are extremely pumped up merge-wise, so while I'm pretty sure what I proposed could be helpful to start the enemy moving while getting rid of Ninian, I don't know how you would handle the rest of the units, though between Azura, Nino and strong sword unit, you should be fine once Ninian is out of the way.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Couldn't the unit previously in position 3 move one case to the south to buff Nino? I ask because Nino may need an additional buff to hit the 62 Atk before WTA to 2-shot Ninian depending on the nature and skills of her Nino.

I completed the Infernal map with Xander, Cecilia, Anna, and Brave Lucina. Lucina only provided moral support, she could be swapped out for someone else. I tried it with Alfonse, and it was about the same.

For the skills:

Spoiler

Cecilia (4*+7 with a +Spd nature): Gronnblade, Darting Blow 3, Hone Cav, Spd+1 seal (all of this speed stuff is necessary for her to be able to double Ninian), Draconic Aura

Xander: Reposition, Hone Cav, Quick Riposte 2, Bonfire

Anna: Reposition, Fury 3, Reprisal, Spur Spd 3, and Fortify Res seal

Brave Lucina: Moral Support

On the first turn, I had Cecilia delete Ninian. Then I had Xander reposition Anna, who, in turn, repositions Cecilia. The lance cav will suicide on Anna and the green mage will attack her, leaving her with but a single hit point after Fury damage. I had Brave Lucina occupy the little nook.

On the second turn, I had Xander block the choke point below Hawkeye and the sword fighter. Lucina moves a block down, and Cecilia moves into the nook to weaken the zanbato cav. Anna uses Noatun to warp to the block below Xander. The green mage will suicide itself on Cecilia, the sword fighter will attack Xander, the cav moves next to Hawkeye, and Hawkeye just sits there.

On the third turn, Cecilia finishes off the cav, and Xander removes the sword fighter. Then it's just Xander vs. Hawkeye.

Since Lucina didn't do anything, something similar might be possible with other units, like Nino and a dancer.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Couldn't the unit previously in position 3 move one case to the south to buff Nino? I ask because Nino may need an additional buff to hit the 62 Atk before WTA to 2-shot Ninian depending on the nature and skills of her Nino.

@Anacybele

Yeah, if Nino needs Hone Spd to double and the Reposition/Draw Back user has Hone Spd, then they can stand 1 square below position 3 (or 1 square below Nino) to give Nino the buff.

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

What's your Nino's  nature? Because +Spd really helps her double Ninian, though one with a neutral Spd nature, Fury and a Hone Spd buff would also do the trick. 

And I just used Lucina in my example because she's my strongest Sword unit. Ike could probably do the same as long as he has a buff in is C slot and reposition. 

And I keep using probably here because all of my units are extremely pumped up merge-wise, so while I'm pretty sure what I proposed could be helpful to start the enemy moving while getting rid of Ninian, I don't know how you would handle the rest of the units, though between Azura, Nino and strong sword unit, you should be fine once Ninian is out of the way.

Oh, she's neutral. But doesn't have Fury. However, she does have Darting Blow 2! That should help, right? If she needs a bit more, I can give her Darting Blow 3 since I noticed I have a 4 star Florina handy.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Anacybele

Yeah, if Nino needs Hone Spd to double and the Reposition/Draw Back user has Hone Spd, then they can stand 1 square below position 3 (or 1 square below Nino) to give Nino the buff.

Alrighty, but I might be able to get by with Darting Blow.

I cleared Infernal with Leo, Reinhardt, Hector and Bridal Lyn. Reinhardt barely did anything other than dealing with the Wo Dao Swordsman. Leo dealt with Hawkeye, but Hector did most of the work with Bridal Lyn healing him so he could tank the magic. Dear god, Hector is ridiculous strong, even Red Units fear dealing with him. 

Did anyone else felt that this map was easier than the other Bound Battles? Maybe because one of the bosses isn't exactly know for being a top tier unit.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, she's neutral. But doesn't have Fury. However, she does have Darting Blow 2! That should help, right? If she needs a bit more, I can give her Darting Blow 3 since I noticed I have a 4 star Florina handy.

Alrighty, but I might be able to get by with Darting Blow.

Hmm. This might be problematic. With Darting blow 2 and a Hone Spd buff, her Spd issues are solved, but she may comes just short in term of damage. Neutral Nino has 46 Atk with Gronnblade. With a Hone Atk and Hone Spd buff, she gets to 58, which is still 4 short of the mark to kill Ninian. If you give the Fortify Res seal to one of the 2 units beside Nino and the +Atk Seal to Nino, you reach  61. Do you have a spare Bartre or Hinata? Because even Fury 2 instead of be enough to give Nino the damage and spd to kill Ninian with buffs.

Edit: To demonstrate, with Fury 2, Hone Atk and Spd as well as Fortify Res from the adjacent allies, Nino would have 38+4 Spd = 42 Spd, which is the threshold to double Ninian, and she'd have 46+2+14 Atk = 62 Atk which is the amount of Atk she needs to actually do enough damage to kill Ninian.

Edited by LuxSpes

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Hmm. This might be problematic. With Darting blow 2 and a Hone Spd buff, her Spd issues are solved, but she may comes just short in term of damage. Neutral Nino has 46 Atk with Gronnblade. With a Hone Atk and Hone Spd buff, she gets to 58, which is still 4 short of the mark to kill Ninian. If you give the Fortify Res seal to one of the 2 units beside Nino and the +Atk Seal to Nino, you reach  61. Do you have a spare Bartre or Hinata? Because even Fury 2 instead of be enough to give Nino the damage and spd to kill Ninian with buffs.

I already started the battle... Ugh.

And yeah, but then I'd have to take off Darting Blow and I'd have speed issues again.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I already started the battle... Ugh.

And yeah, but then I'd have to take off Darting Blow and I'd have speed issues again.

I edited my post with more details(I planned to include those from the start, but I wanted to post as fast as possible. Apparently I wasn't fast enough), but with Fury 2 and Hone Spd 3, she'd have just enough Spd to double Ninian and with Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 3 and the Fortify Res seal on the units around her, she'd be strong enough to beat Ninian.

Edited by LuxSpes

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I edited my post with more details(I planned to include those from the start, but I wanted to post as fast as possible. Apparently I wasn't fast enough), but with Fury 2 and Hone Spd 3, she'd have just enough Spd to double Ninian and with Hone Atk 3, Hone Spd 3 and the Fortify Res seal on the units around her, she'd be strong enough to beat Ninian.

Alright, I guess I'll give it a try.

I finally get to make use of Grani's shield that I inherited from Camus.  This effectively allows Eldigan to Wall of Pain all the physical enemy units to death.  Lyn dealt with the magic units and was able to ORKO the dancing dragon with Mulagir.

Spoiler

As other's have already mentioned, Grani's shield is pretty good on this map.

Well, that was easy. Like, depressingly easy. Are they even trying anymore?

Units:

Nino, +Spd -Def, Lv. 40+3 5*, S Summoner support, S Eirika support, Gronnblade+/Draw Back/Draconic Aura*/Resistance +3/Desperation 3*/Hone Atk 3, Distant Def 1 seal

Eirika, +Res -Spd, Lv. 40+1 5*, S Nino support, Sieglinde/Pivot/Iceberg*/Speed +3*/Drag Back/Hone Spd 3, Fortify Res 1 seal

Cordelia, +Atk -Def, Lv. 40+2 5*, Brave Lance+/Draw Back/Galeforce/Triangle Adept 3/Pass 3/Spur Def 2*

Kagero, +Atk -Res, Lv. 40 5*, Poison Dagger+/Reprisal/Warding Blow 3/Daggerbreaker 3, Speed +1 seal

*Unnecessary SI

Starting positions, clockwise from top right: Nino, Eirika, Kagero, Cordelia.

Turn 1: Nino right 2, into range of Green Mage. Eirika moves next to her. Cordelia draws Kagero to the right, and Kagero moves up 1, next to Eirika. Green Mage disintegrates on Nino. Lance Cavalier moves first, so it gets Ninian's dance, and fails to kill Nino. Sword Cavalier moves 2 above Eirika; Hawkeye moves down and right; Sword Fighter moves right 2.

Turn 2: Kagero moves left 2 and attacks Hawkeye. Eirika moves left 2 into Hawkeye's range. Nino moves left and blows up Lance Cavalier. Cordelia moves into Nino's former position. Hawkeye suicides on Eirika; Sword Fighter moves down 2. Ninian does not much to Cordelia, and Sword Cavalier is stuck above her.

Turn 3: Nino kills Ninian. Cordelia kills Sword Cavalier. Eirika Pivots over Nino, and Kagero moves down, just out of Sword Fighter's range. Sword Fighter moves towards Nino.

Turn 4: Nino and Kagero kill Sword Fighter between them.

I find it amusing that Hawkeye being moved in the Infernal map actually opened up a space for Kagero to safely sit on Turn 1, from where she pretty much killed him. On Hard, I actually lost my first attempt by leaving TA3 Cordelia there; she dies exactly to danced Hawkeye. >_<

Edited by Seafarer
Correction of Cordelia's stats

Hey, it worked! I was able to give Nino Fury 3 and stick Ephraim in there to boost her since I gave him Hone Spd 3 and he boosts attack with Siegmund. Azura and Klein also helped.

My second ever infernal clear, WOOT.

Glad I gave Ephraim QR too, that let him one-round the lance cav. lol

Thanks, @LuxSpes!

Edited by Anacybele

So they moved Hawkeye's position from Lunatic to Infernal.

I think that actually makes the Infernal map easier than the Lunatic one. It lets you bait in the red Cavalier easier since Hawkeye is no longer able to reach the same distance.

I beat Infernal with Sanaki, Klein, Azura and Olivia. Sanaki baits the green mage and leaves him at low health while Ninian dances for him and Hawkeye teleports over before the green mage kills himself on the 2nd attack on Sanaki. That leaves Azura free to bait in the red cav on the other side. After turn 1, the clean-up is a breeze.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, it worked! I was able to give Nino Fury 3 and stick Ephraim in there to boost her since I gave him Hone Spd 3 and he boosts attack with Siegmund. Azura and Klein also helped.

My second ever infernal clear, WOOT.

Glad I gave Ephraim QR too, that let him one-round the lance cav. lol

Thanks, @LuxSpes!

Glad I was able to help! 

I can't believe I didn't think of Ephraim when looking for ways to increase Nino's damage though... She could have done it with Darting Blow 3 if she had Ephraim with the Fortify Res seal buffing her along with a unit with Fortify Def 3.

At least, it's not a bad thing that your Nino got Fury 3 for this, since it's one of her preferred A passives. She really likes the stats it gives and the recoil can help her activate Desperation, which is one of her better B passive options. Which means it could be useful again in the future.