Bound Hero Battle: Guardians of Paradise

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Glad I was able to help! 

I can't believe I didn't think of Ephraim when looking for ways to increase Nino's damage though... She could have done it with Darting Blow 3 if she had Ephraim with the Fortify Res seal buffing her along with a unit with Fortify Def 3.

At least, it's not a bad thing that your Nino got Fury 3 for this, since it's one of her preferred A passives. She really likes the stats it gives and the recoil can help her activate Desperation, which is one of her better B passive options. Which means it could be useful again in the future.

Yeah, I'm aware. I put Darting Blow in at first because it was the best I had at the time. And I prefer that she doesn't take damage, so I thought it'd be better than Fury. But sometimes Fury does help, yeah.

The Renais twins and Nino go together well! Just remember that! :P Though Ephraim has to inherit Hone Spd while Eirika has it naturally.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'm aware. I put Darting Blow in at first because it was the best I had at the time. And I prefer that she doesn't take damage, so I thought it'd be better than Fury. But sometimes Fury does help, yeah.

The Renais twins and Nino go together well! Just remember that! :P Though Ephraim has to inherit Hone Spd while Eirika has it naturally.

I disliked Fury for its recoil at the start, but after realizing that the recoil could be helpful for skills like Vantage, Desperation, Wings of Mercy and Escape Route, I started using it more. (3 units on my team have Fury and 2 of them have Desperation while the 3rd has Wings of Mercy)

And I'm aware of that they go well together, which is why I'm baffled Ephraim never crossed my mind! I have a +3 Ephraim who is a great partner to my Nino, though I'm often using Azura instead since dancers are the best. I might give Ephraim a try now that I've gotten my deathless streak just to see how he performs on the team.

Just now, LuxSpes said:

I disliked Fury for its recoil at the start, but after realizing that the recoil could be helpful for skills like Vantage, Desperation, Wings of Mercy and Escape Route, I started using it more. (3 units on my team have Fury and 2 of them have Desperation while the 3rd has Wings of Mercy)

And I'm aware of that they go well together, which is why I'm baffled Ephraim never crossed my mind! I have a +3 Ephraim who is a great partner to my Nino, though I'm often using Azura instead since dancers are the best. I might give Ephraim a try now that I've gotten my deathless streak just to see how he performs on the team.

A +3 Ephraim? I'm a bit jealous, mine is just +1. :P

And yeah, I'd only use Fury with skills like those.

I'm having a lot of trouble with Infernal, damn pass...

Stuff I've tried:

-Baiting the swordcav with Granni Shield Camus

-Baiting the Green Mage with Swimsuit Leo, the Green mage dies then SLeo gets overwhelmed

-Attacking Hawkeye with regular Leo then Repositioning him out with Camus (who is no longer in Hawkeye's range due to Brynhildr's effect), he doesn't ORKO even with all of QP Moonbow, doubling, and Death blow.  I can't kill everything/get pass scammed and get overwhelmed.  If I had a goddamn Tharja to sack to him, I'd be able to do this in theory (because Hone Cavalry boosted Leo WILL ORKO with Raudrblade), but.....

I'm at a loss on Ninian in particular.  She has a lot of HP and is difficult to ORKO.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Stuff I've tried:

-Baiting the Green Mage with Swimsuit Leo, the Green mage dies then SLeo gets overwhelmed

-Attacking Hawkeye with regular Leo then Repositioning him out with Camus (who is no longer in Hawkeye's range due to Brynhildr's effect), he doesn't ORKO even with all of QP Moonbow, doubling, and Death blow.  I can't kill everything/get pass scammed and get overwhelmed.  If I had a goddamn Tharja to sack to him, I'd be able to do this in theory (because Hone Cavalry boosted Leo WILL ORKO with Raudrblade), but.....

I'm at a loss on Ninian in particular.  She has a lot of HP and is difficult to ORKO.

So Camus can't ORKO the Sword Cav? What about with Quick Riposte?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So Camus can't ORKO the Sword Cav? What about with Quick Riposte?

Oh, he can do that so long as he's Honed.

It's tanking everything else that comes after him right afterward that's the problem, I find.  

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Stuff I've tried:

Have you tried baiting the green mage with regular Leo? It might make a big difference if you don't kill the green mage on the first encounter (ideally he would attack, get danced by Ninian, and then killed by you, which would help save you from the lance cavalier)

Just now, kirauza343 said:

Have you tried baiting the green mage with regular Leo? It might make a big difference if you don't kill the green mage on the first encounter (ideally he would attack, get danced by Ninian, and then killed by you, which would help save you from the lance cavalier)

I suppose I can try it once my stamina recharges a bit.  

This was quite easy once I stopped with the "just use Reinhardt" meme. BowLyn, Nowi, Olivia and Nino destroyed the map, Nowi can be replaced by any blue who can hold both cavs during the first turn and Nino's job is to destroy Ninian and Hawkeye (with help from Lyn).

Finished infernal using Camus, Ike, Hector and Robin. Camus needs Grani's shield and HP+3 seal to properly survive the red cavalier's attacks and still have enough HP left to be useable for the rest of the match. Mine had QR as well.

TA Robin is great for these as well, as he facetanks the other swordie in the chokepoint later on. Ike is great especially against the mage. Hector did his jon against the lancer and Ninian. Had a few false starts because of positioning but I'm proud I worked it out myself.

now to try on my other account which sadly doesn't have an Ike :(

Squad I used:
Selena 5*+2 (SS) / Delthea / Subaki 4*+10 / Julia

It wasn't very hard especially with Julia - one good shot to the head from Naga will end Ninian, which just leaves the rest to be picked off by Delthea and Julia and choked by my two defensive pivots Selena and Subaki. 

Cleared Infernal with +2 5* B!Lucina, 5* Julia, +2 5* Eirika, and 4* Clarine.

Lucina tanked the two cavs on the first turn, leaving the blue one barely alive, while everyone else clustered behind her. The next turn Julia nuked the cav and got Repositioned back by Lucina, who then tanked a hit from Hawkeye. Eirika finished him off while Julia wrecked Ninian and got Repositioned back again. Then it was easy to finish off the swordie and green mage.

For me this was the easiest Infernal Challenge yet. I guess I used the same strategy as most people: Dancer (Ninian), Red Mage (Sanaki), Tank (B!Ike) and B!Lyn. Funny that I only lost on the easiest difficulty because Sanaki got wiped out by the Blue Cavalier after dealing with the Green Mage.

10 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Stuff I've tried:

Have you tried giving Camus the QP seal and vantage and having him tank the green mage? That's what I did, and it worked wonders (the green mage attacks once, gets danced, and then tries to attack again but gets killed by vantage+special, and nobody else can attack you on that turn).

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Have you tried giving Camus the QP seal and vantage and having him tank the green mage? That's what I did, and it worked wonders (the green mage attacks once, gets danced, and then tries to attack again but gets killed by vantage+special, and nobody else can attack you on that turn).

It worked, after I replaced Dragon Fang with Draconic Aura.  

Wound up bringing Brave Lyn/Camus/Priscilla (needed to heal Camus after he took all that damage from the Green mage so he could keep tanking)/Ninian

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It worked, after I replaced Dragon Fang with Draconic Aura.  

Wound up bringing Brave Lyn/Camus/Priscilla (needed to heal Camus after he took all that damage from the Green mage so he could keep tanking)/Ninian

Thanks.

No problem.

Yeah, I only needed him to tank the first turn, since after that my Reinhardt and Brave Lyn just went nuts on everything that approuched. Glad to see it worked out for you!

Idk what I did, but I beated it with Brave!Lyn, Xander, Nino and Olivia, reposition shenanigans happened... then somehow Olivia tanked an attack and Fury Nino were a think, it worked with miracles I'm sure, can't be able to recreate it :l

Then I decided to leave it like that and move my attention to the warriors maps

I managed to do infernal with Brave!Ike, Brave!Lucina, Delthea and Eirika.

My Lucina was buffed with rally defense from Eirika, then took the hits from the red cav, killing it and took the hits from Hawkeye. Brave!Ike(-atk +spd) then moved in to tank and defeat (after being buffed by Eirika) Hawkeye and the Blue cav. The red infantry just took damage from him. Delthea took out the infantry, and Ike and Lucina used reposition and draw back to get out of the potential range of the green mage. The green mage attacked Delthea then Eirika and Delthea managed to defeat it. Brave Ike eventually managed to take down Ninian. 

It took quite a lot of trial and error to get it to work, and I had to teach Ike reposition to get him out of the range of the mage(that consumed about three attempts).

The units were unmerged, had IVs that weren't integral to the strategy and didn't have all their skills filled out. Ike had New Moon equipped, whereas Luna would have done a much better job (I don't know if it was integral to it working or not)

Edited by Raptok
Added extra detail

I really, really, really hate the fact that because my Lyn is -Spd, none of these CYL!Lyn strategies work for me -.-

It also turns out that -res Stahl and Selena sucked for this, too. 

In the end, I had to wrangle it myself, which took a lot of stressing. not enjoyable to me. In the end, I used CYL!Ike, Xander, Camus and Priscilla. It took a lot of trial and error and I still can't fully understand why things happened the way they did. It was funny at the end, though, since I had reduced it down to just Ninian and she was chasing my Xander around the field while I healed up the rest XD I was just picturing him scarpering from her the entire time xD 

I would tell people my strat, but honestly, I couldn't replicate it if I wanted to. Camus started off the choke point - he had Grani's Shield and hone support from Xander. Xander took out the green mage - with QR and a slight res boost from Priscilla, and Ike took out the lancer and Hawkeye before making way for Camus to take out the swordie. Priscilla desperately healed throughout.

All done now. BHBs just don't feel as satisfying as GHBs to me, though -.- 

I wish they did make them where it was different units from different games. I want to see more cross game interaction in this, otherwise what's the point? I think it's why I quite liked the Easter Festival story. Lucina and Xander nattering with each other about eggs was quite cute :)

@GuiltyLove Wow, Ruby Sword Palla can survive a hit from the blue lancer?!

I would love to use Palla, but I sadly have never gotten a +Atk or +Spd Pall, but plenty of other natures.

Also don't have any tome fliers or any Hinoka for Hone fliers, so Flier Emblem is not possible for me currently.

5 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

@GuiltyLove Wow, Ruby Sword Palla can survive a hit from the blue lancer?!

I would love to use Palla, but I sadly have never gotten a +Atk or +Spd Pall, but plenty of other natures.

Also don't have any tome fliers or any Hinoka for Hone fliers, so Flier Emblem is not possible for me currently.

I think she had a buff from Fortify Fliers and maybe a defense or HP seal. I forgot

Hope you get good fliers soon! I want Hinoka too... I have never gotten her