Bound Hero Battle: Guardians of Paradise

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get how anyone is finding the cav quest easy... They have anti-cav weapons and one of those same units has Pass. I thought I had a good horse team that would make this easy.

I think IS should've done a different quest.

I definitely didn't find the cavs quest easy, but I know why they did it (because it was the hardest of the four emblems to do). 

I pretty much fluked my way through it after several different tries, and then fluked Anna and Alfonse first try somehow xD 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...How is that possible? I mean, how could nobody but one unit have been attacked?

Thanks though.

Like this:

6mw5fIbq4mHMtrFx1vG7Z7z-Nnm2GrDmrzT5ENF6UWFOG9aERR4T2Wvy1xUOrKOZT-JZ0I8TiuCdkAnN1nxqgo6EDWIyW_2YJoOHIASV9DBU3NuIRpbI7zGWk5jOHkgMPRAymryZ

9Lfn5GI4Sz5x6SkMMGVqjB13PjmPwixhPN7iCW_KLauP-uDO9Yc4567JehSEw7K2vDsixnTdf1VQ0hX8QP45dKF0XY0vJCUgNW_jtVrOCnt7XuY2pB2w7VU12KQYcmKeU9Nu1o-n

03NG6qGXkX6zZlk8UVev6qST71VyMW8lufmMKKwj4e5eN9vN-7ngrT0VOBULlwNxM0lSr75BUfc97h1btMlcKwwVJLyQH0luSnhnfgbkow9RM2FyqsTceIDsPDPsTTYS-XNgK2Bt

2wjTiRbCofxFuab4NHLUx-1d1pdNTdqx3rlykcJkRzZl2C1mIrXccpi82yyg3m2kme0cHubEcKto9s7T7iN7uESpSe1jq1vTOWA8lXtZ-KJdYLJ113BwNLbJsRn_QJ0Et3VGd-RI

rmzN6RlLrB_FrREveIS_0aTeB1kAsUkfKLT1WxJbxDpQjcZSOfdkAT4E5GC2eWjxJnsGcwK4NpiUUwCF9vbSkbBkGMKPJ7wdba4cGQzsBUlzn1i0pIzRu-c8iMRnJgyM-QDtgTDh

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But Camus clearly took a hit there. So he and Gunnthra both got attacked.

That was a replay where I accounted for Pass and rearranged my units so only Camus would get hit, by moving Titania to block off the spot next to Gunnthra.

In the original, the sword cav attacked Camus while the lance cav moved through him to attack Gunnthra, but Gunnthra survived despite the effective bonus, because of WTA.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

That was a replay where I accounted for Pass and rearranged my units so only Camus would get hit, by moving Titania to block off the spot next to Gunnthra.

In the original, the sword cav attacked Camus while the lance cav moved through him to attack Gunnthra, but Gunnthra survived despite the effective bonus, because of WTA.

Oh. I think I see...

Cavalry wasn't bad once I figured out my positioning. Eirika killed Hawkeye and was repositioned away by Camus (Fury, not Grani's shield), while Titania baited the right side with her good friend L'Rachel staying beside her to pick up a hone. Camus kills the sword cav on enemy phase (Grani's shield wasn't necessary at all, especially if you can stick a fortify cavalry on him and even that you can live without). The lance cavalier should head towards Camus and Eirika and the right should just have the green mage and Ninian. Eirika and Camus can handle lance cavalier and Titania and L'Rachel took care of the green mage (L'Rachel had Blarblade plus hone cavalry from Titania), and the only person Ninian can attack next is Titania, who laughs at her.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...How is that possible? I mean, how could nobody but one unit have been attacked?

Thanks though.

There is a convenient chokepoint Camus can hold no problem, provided Hawkeye is removed first.

I deleted him with Cecilia, Camus repositioned her to safety and counterkilled both the red and the blue cavalier. With Grani’s Shield, he laughs at their “effective” weaponry. After that, the green mage and Ninian are easy pickings.

Yeah, Camus is great. I used Roy to take out Hawkeye, then Camus blocked off the enemy cavs while Roy ate the Green Mage. EDIT: Lance Cavalier got through, but Gunter tanked him no problem.

Ah, this is just as easy as I remember - I pulled off Anna and Alfonse's quests in one go, specific kills and all.

Edited by Seafarer

Been on vacation not leaving my house and watching Matt Mercer be the most beautiful DM on the face of the planet, so I've been a little lazy with my clears. I managed to complete all the quests except the cavalry one using Alfonse, Anna, Micaiah, and maybe a dancer or a green mage.... I forget. I think I mostly just baited everyone by putting Alfonse at the choke point. Between the buffs and spurs he got, he was able to survive Hawkeye and the two cavs that came after him. How? IDK. XD After that, I used Micaiah to delete the remaining cav (because Alfonse couldn't finish him), Anna got Ninian, and whoever was left got picked off. It took me two tries because I thought I could throw Alfonse at Hawkeye, and he'd be fine, but he needed the Drive DEF support one of my peeps had. 

The cavalry quest took a few tries, but I used Brave Roy, Legendary Ephraim, Reinhardt, and LA!Lilina. Roy ran in, got Hawkeye, and Galeforced outta there. I had to reposition my units carefully so they didn't get hurt by the incoming cavs. After that, it was just a matter of picking them off again. My Lilina was running a blade tome so that helped. Not really a specific strategy here. I wish I had the energy to do something creative, especially with my Merric, but I'm tired. XD

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @NegativeExponents- @eclipse @Johann @Fei Mao @Rezzy @DefaultBeep @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nosmur @DarkLordIvy @Vaximillian @Hilda @Cute Chao

It's was about as easy as you would have expected. Cleared all the quests in a single stamina bar. As for the clear with my team. Took 2 tries. First try I forgot to set Matthew's special back from Ignis to Bonfire. Did that for the second run and it was child's play. Just been busy these past few days so I hadn't gotten the chance to record. Only took a few minutes though. Even to edit. Enjoy.

Looking forward to the Minerva & Maria BHB to come back in April. I feel like that'll be the next big challenge for my team until Berkut comes along.

@Zeo Its always great to see Matthew get hit for comically low damage (except for that -raven mage). That first pony caught me by surprise. I kept thinking who the hell was able to reach Inigo and it turns out it had pass. I’m honestly more surprised that Inigo lived through that. Is that why you kept him with TA2 instead of 3? Pass is like one of those skills that feel more beneficial to the enemy side as opposed to the player. Too bad it’s so underutilized. That and obstruct could potentially make for a very annoying map in the future.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

There is a convenient chokepoint Camus can hold no problem, provided Hawkeye is removed first.

I deleted him with Cecilia, Camus repositioned her to safety and counterkilled both the red and the blue cavalier. With Grani’s Shield, he laughs at their “effective” weaponry. After that, the green mage and Ninian are easy pickings.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I can see how that works.

@NegativeExponents- Mostly just the lack of TA3 fodder, but at this point I'm not sure I'd even make the jump. He's survived a ton of blues, including Reinhardt and he's been able to secure kills against certain reds. TA2 seems like a good fit for him, Matthew's buffs also give him some insurance. And yeah Pass has always seemed like more of an enemy team skill. It has potential to ruin dreams if used on just the right maps against just the right teams.

@mampfoid It probably would be, but he would need Aether (without +ATK he wouldn't be able to do enough damage with Sol) and possibly Renewal to get the job done. Inigo can't exactly  tank, but even against reds he's surprisingly bulky when Matthew's buffs come into play. This is why I'd be conflicted if Matthew ever got a prf that made me want to drop Rogue Dagger+.

EDIT: Yeah actually. If he had ATK Smoke 3 in his C Slot and could run a seal, he could just run the Close DEF 3 seal and even without Aether the map would probably be doable.

Edited by Zeo

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, LordFrigid said:

@Landmaster

How nice of Summer Elise to protect her horseback-riding selves from the scary Cavalry effective weaponry...and almost everything else, actually. Nice job!

~

Don’t get me wrong, the crazy glasses are cool, but I kinda want a ping pong ball accessory now.

Always fun when we get some Lucina set-up. And more fun with Peri sliding all over the place, still cool to see those kills timed up so well! Peri pulls off those glasses pretty well, tho~