Bound Hero Battle: Guardians of Paradise

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Now that you mention it, that does seem like it should have happened...

Wait, WoM only activates if you knock the green mage below half health. Even with a hone attack buff, my Camus only dealt 19 damage in the first hit, so the green mage wasn't low enough on HP for Hawkeye to warp in.

Ho did you deal so much damage in the first hit?

Edit: My Camus runs Fury+Vantage and only had a hone Attack buff. I went back to calculate that he should indeed deal 19 damage with that setup.

Hmm... Yeah, I'm not entirely sure.

...Oh wait, but if I had to GUESS, I moved Ike nearby and his Threaten Spd kicked in and made Camus able to double the green mage. Never thought I'd see a situation where doubling was a bad thing! lol

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Oh he shouldn't need the +hp seal then, As for your second question I honestly have no clue how ninian chooses who to dance to, when I had my Cordelia directly behind Ike she just decided it was lance time or if Minerva was in the wrong spot she would decide its also lance time. Also just beware you will need to have a way to deal with the rest of the map (I was going off infernal stats btw) 
Also don't forget you can also use summoner support and ally support to make up crucial stats you might be missing 

Yeah, I already made regular Freddy my summoner support tho. :P I'm not sure who I'll support regular Ike with yet (not Elincia, she went with CYL Ike).

Here's another clear of Infernal. All 4 star units. 

Arthur(HP+/Res-) equipped with Fortify Res 1 Sacred Seal

Olivia(Atk+/Def-) equipped with Res + 1 Sacred Seal

Subaki(Spd+/Res-)

Palla(Atk+/Res-) 

Edited by tobuShogi

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm... Yeah, I'm not entirely sure.

...Oh wait, but if I had to GUESS, I moved Ike nearby and his Threaten Spd kicked in and made Camus able to double the green mage. Never thought I'd see a situation where doubling was a bad thing! lol

Oh lol. Yeah, that's probably it.

This makes me think of the time I cleared the Narcian map on normal by replacing Takumi's Fuyin Jumi with a steel bow so didn't kill the mages...

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Even when the Threaten Skills work, they're terrible.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Even when the Threaten Skills work, they're terrible.

They can sometimes help though. lol My Summer Freddy doubles a lot despite being -Spd thanks to his Seal Atk/Spd and Threaten Spd. :P

Anyway, I cleared lunatic thanks to that Ursula/Stahl/Olivia/Selena video with slight alterations to the strat, yayz. Now to figure out infernal. And I might be able to use that video posted above if I can put Freddy or CYL Ike in for Arthur.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They can sometimes help though. lol My Summer Freddy doubles a lot despite being -Spd thanks to his Seal Atk/Spd and Threaten Spd. :P

Anyway, I cleared lunatic thanks to that Ursula/Stahl/Olivia/Selena video with slight alterations to the strat, yayz. Now to figure out infernal. And I might be able to use that video posted above if I can put Freddy or CYL Ike in for Arthur.

I would say replace arthur with CYL Ike since Arthurs main job in this video is duelling the lance cav and ninian and freddy being a cav with low res would struggle against both of them in a drawn out duel. 
Best of luck to everyone who needs it 

Edited by Mackc2

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

I would say replace arthur with CYL Ike since Arthurs main job in this video is dueling the lance cav and ninian and freddy being a cav with low res would struggle against both of them in a drawn out duel 

CYL Ike has low res too though. lol And bear in mind I use a 5 star merged SI'd Freddy. He'd squish the lance cav in one go.

And the video doesn't work for me anyway, as the green mage didn't attack Palla and instead attacked Olivia twice to kill her.

Edited by Anacybele

Team I used for the Infernal clear (beat it on first try though there were quite a few close calls - Armor March and Swap really help with positioning!):

+2 Ryoma (+HP/-Def): Raijinto, Swap, Astra, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3

Hector (+Atk/-Def): Armads, Pivot, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 3, HP +3

Amelia (+Atk/-HP): Slaying Axe+, Swap, Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Armor March 3

4* +2 Effie (+Atk/-Spd): Brave Lance+, Death Blow 2, Wary Fighter 3, Fortify Armor

51 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Here's another clear of Infernal. All 4 star units. 

Please be clear; These are not free 4* units:

Arthur: +HP/-Res (Fortify Res 1 Seal)

Olivia: +Atk/-Def (Resistance +1 Seal)

Subaki: +Spd/-Res

Palla: +Atk/-Res

15 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Please be clear; These are not free 4* units:

Arthur: +HP/-Res (Fortify Res 1 Seal)

Olivia: +Atk/-Def (Resistance +1 Seal)

Subaki: +Spd/-Res

Palla: +Atk/-Res

I never said they were free. All I said was that they were at 4 star variety. I've added the boon/banes if that's what you're getting at. 

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

I never said they were free. All I said was that they were at 4 star variety. I've added the boon/banes if that's what you're getting at. 

Someone tried mimic'ing the strat in that video with the free variants of all four of those units, with failed results. It's not that you said they're free (you didn't), but with no specification, it's something easy to assume. 

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Someone tried mimic'ing the strat in that video with the free variants of all four of those units, with failed results. It's not that you said they're free (you didn't), but with no specification, it's something easy to assume. 

You're right. I should have done my due diligence. I'll keep that in mind for future reference. 

Edited by tobuShogi

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Actually, I tried with Frederick, Subaki, Palla, and Olivia. My Olivia and Palla are both merged and +Spd. Subaki is the only free one I actually used.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, I tried with Frederick, Subaki, Palla, and Olivia. My Olivia and Palla are both merged and +Spd. Subaki is the only free one I actually used.

I was referring to myself above, actually~

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I was referring to myself above, actually~

Oh. lol oops. Well, even if I had used Arthur, it would've failed for me as well anyway because Freddy and Subaki were away from the action at the time.

For the sake of making me sound cooler, lets PRETEND it didn't take me two tries to clear this because I derped the positioning of Ninian on Player Phase 2 and got her killed.

Spoiler

Frederick I'd say was pretty MVP, given he was able to mop Ninian up and still make conditions perfect for Bridelia to tank the Sword Cav's hit. Though I did have to teach Bridelia Reposition for the sake of this battle...

Hope this helps someone. Frederick makes a pretty good sweeper of the map if you can get him to safety ASAP.

ピエリのおもちゃなの~!

This one was a pain to get the first few turns right because I'm forced to bait the first turn instead of charging in for a kill, which then results in a giant pile up at the choke. Thankfully, Ninian will boost someone way ahead of the pack on each turn.

+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, HP +3)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Squad Ace A 1)
+0 Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Speed +3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Res 3)

HP +3 was necessary on Peri to survive the sword knight with 1 HP remaining.

Spoiler

EDIT: If imgur still has 15 images in the gallery, skip images 2-4. They're duplicate phantom images that shouldn't be there anymore.

EDIT 2: Whatever. Made a new gallery and annotated it.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Took a few tries for Infernal, but managed to pull it off with my old cavalry team of Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia.

I've usually been going with Brave Roy/Brave Lyn/Ursula/Ninian these days, but despite being incredible on player phase, they didn't have the bulk to pull this off.

iOS has finally included of a video recording feature as standard so here’s the video of my strat, It took me a couple more times than it should’ve just because I was very stubborn about my team composition, also Pass screwed with me  because I forgot to re-equip Moonbow on Camus (I purposely give him Growing Thunder to increase my Arena scores). My team was Camus, Leo, Cecilia, and Reinhardt.

Spoiler

Edited by Locke087