To Easy Mode or Not to Easy Mode?

Hey guys, I'm back with a question.

Right now I'm in the middle of playing Path of Radiance and this is something I want to know in preparation to start Radiant Dawn. I've heard before that Radiant Dawn's difficulty levels were Mega Man 2'd and what was Normal/Hard/Maniac in Japan became Easy/Normal/Hard here.

Is this true or a misunderstanding of what actually happened? And if it is true, should I play RD on easy to go along with my PoR Normal run?

22 minutes ago, Cowboy Karimov said:

Right now I'm in the middle of playing Path of Radiance and this is something I want to know in preparation to start Radiant Dawn. I've heard before that Radiant Dawn's difficulty levels were Mega Man 2'd and what was Normal/Hard/Maniac in Japan became Easy/Normal/Hard here.

Is this true or a misunderstanding of what actually happened? And if it is true, should I play RD on easy to go along with my PoR Normal run?

I think so, yeah. Radiant Dawn is also a lot harder than Path of Radiance.

1 hour ago, Cowboy Karimov said:

It's what actually happened. I played both PoR and RD on normal without to much trouble, but if you find PoR challenging on normal you might want to play RD on easy mode. The first 10 chapters or so of RD are pretty tough.

4 hours ago, Cowboy Karimov said:

Radiant Dawn and Thracia are considered the hardest FE games, so I think you should try on Easy at least till you get the hang of it, let your proud behind :D:

There's no shame in starting RD as easy, because it's pretty challenging even in that mode in some chapters. 

One questionable reviewer called easy mode "too hard" and docked it points. I forget which videogame news publisher they were, but a lot of their other critiques were questionable though (like no mii support).

Start with Easy and play it through once. It does get more challenging in Normal mode, and conditions do change. The biggest difference between Easy and Normal are the # of enemies and some chapters have different condition parameters.

It depends how experienced you are with Fire Emblem.
If you have played only PoR yet, you wouldn't do wrong with starting RD on easy.

Radiant Dawn isn't entirely hard, it just has a weird as unbalanced difficulty curve. The main reason is that you control three different parties with a total different usage. 
The first party features some very squishy units among others your lord. The enemies, even on easy mode, can 1-2RKO a few of your allies. 
The other two parties have a much higher leveled lord / main character so you don't have to care about them. These chapters are much easier to play, probably too easy on easy.

Differences between easy and the two higher difficulties:

• It is paragon mode. Units get usually doubled exp. compared to normal mode so you can train everyone without any problems.
  • different enemy placement than on higher difficulties
  • different AI of a few bosses 
  • a few chapters have slightly different mission objectives (escape missions are replaced by defeat boss on easy)

Radiant Dawn was my first Fire Emblem game that i EVER played and I started out with easy. There's no shame in selecting easy if you find that it doesn't give you enough of a challenge you can always start another file on a higher difficulty. That's one of the many things that I like about Radiant Dawn is it's abundance of save slots.

Easy is the way to go with starting Radiant Dawn. It allows you to train anyone you want in the game without having to worry about properly distributing xp, and the harder chapters are much more tolerable. 

The first part can be an utter nightmare, due to how stats/growths work, along with a roster that isn't particularly stable.  The next two parts are a bit more forgiving, though there's certain maps that get rather rough in part 3.  Part 4 is where things can go pear-shaped, depending on what happened in the first three parts.

Play at whatever difficulty you're comfortable with.  Games are meant to be enjoyed, and naysayers aren't the ones in charge of your free time/finances.