FE Warriors at TGS

Tolvir

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

By that logic, the healers sisters shouldn't be playable either. Azura should be playable because she actually can fight, she's a main character, and she has relationships with the other main Fates characters. There's ZERO reason for her to not be playable.

I mean, not ZERO reason. The reasons I gave are legitimate aside from the healer snafu.

More practically, I just feel like if she were going to be playable, they'd have revealed her by now with the rest of the Fates folk, especially since they released a Fates character trailer that feels fairly finalized. So assuming she's not in, I'm just trying to see and understand the reason for her potential exclusion.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I mean, not ZERO reason. The reasons I gave are legitimate aside from the healer snafu.

More practically, I just feel like if she were going to be playable, they'd have revealed her by now with the rest of the Fates folk, especially since they released a Fates character trailer that feels fairly finalized. So assuming she's not in, I'm just trying to see and understand the reason for her potential exclusion.

The only thing I can think of is if she was thrown in with Valla. Since the two families were split by country instead of route, it could fit considering she is from neither. It would be a little spoilery, but I don't think they aren't afraid of doing that.

Edited by Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

The only thing I can think of is if she was thrown in with Valla. Since the two families were split by country instead of route, it could fit considering she is from neither. It would be a little spoilery, but I don't think they aren't afraid of doing that.

they already spoiled conquest ending with takumi so i wont be surprised that there's more spoilers

Azura could be in the game, or not, but there's a third possibility. She could be held back as part of DLC 1. Reminds me of how MvC Infinite teases its first DLC characters in the base game's story mode. Oh my god do I get to play as Black Panther? Oh...bye then...

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

A Valla-focused DLC pack seems like the best bet for her getting in at this point. Maybe they're saving her for that.

Edit: @Glennstavos Yeah, you beat me to it. She could appear during the story but not become playable until DLC. Though who else would that pack include, if anyone? Gunter? The Revelation-exclusive bosses?

Edited by Anomalocaris

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

A Valla-focused DLC pack seems like the best bet for her getting in at this point. Maybe they're saving her for that.

Edit: @Glennstavos Yeah, you beat me to it. She could appear during the story but not become playable until DLC. Though who else would that pack include, if anyone? Gunter? The Revelation-exclusive bosses?

Gunter, Selena, Odin, and Laslow since they technically had an attachment to all of that.

id be ok with it if it meant those 4 made it in too. Not the most desirable outcomes, but there really is no escaping that.

Edited by Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Moondrag said:

Umm...isn't the only Valla characters, excluding Azura, either dead, evil, or both?

well ghirahim and zant are kinda both (though i hope ghira still lives) and theyre in hyrule warriors. given that they kinda have plot armor

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I was gonna say Garon, but I remember that Revelations is the game in which he gets eaten by the real final boss rather than facing you. Still he's my bet, even if the pack is explicitly Revelations themed. And then a goofy character from Fates, like Arthur or whatever. Gotta have a "You can play as THEM!?" in each DLC pack. 

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Gunter, Selena, Odin, and Laslow since they technically had an attachment to all of that.

id be ok with it if it meant those 4 made it in too if I am being honest.

I forgot that the Awakening Trio could be considered Valla-connected. That'd be good, actually. On one condition; Selena's a Bow Knight. Not sure how it'd work, since she'd have to start out as a promoted class, but it's her canon promotion and she's our only hope for seeing it repped. (Bow Knight is one of my favorite classes...)

1 minute ago, Moondrag said:

Umm...isn't the only Valla characters, excluding Azura, either dead, evil, or both?

And? Playable villains are always a fun option, and death doesn't really matter here, else we can't play as Xander, Elise, Ryoma, and Taco Meat.

23 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

And I can't see any good reason for her to be excluded due to what I said.

35 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

The thing about Navarre is that there's really just no reason for him to be an NPC. He's a badass sword dude, you're not gonna include him without letting him fight.

Azura, on the other hand, I feel might just be an NPC. She's an incredibly important character and I expect her to appear in the game in SOME capacity, but she was never important for her combat role; just her singing, exposition, and mysteriousness. Of course, if they want to make her playable the moveset potential is there, and the healers weren't really known for their combat roles much either.

The main reason I can think of to exclude Azura is that they couldn't figure out a way to turn Sing/Dance into something that makes sense for a warriors game that they were satisfied with. 

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

The main reason I can think of to exclude Azura is that they couldn't figure out a way to turn Sing/Dance into something that makes sense for a warriors game that they were satisfied with. 

Then leave it out. No big deal. That's not enough justification to exclude such an important character.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then leave it out. No big deal. That's not enough justification to exclude such an important character.

Well when the singing and all that is her signature...I'd rather have her as an NPC than lose that.

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

And? Playable villains are always a fun option, and death doesn't really matter here, else we can't play as Xander, Elise, Ryoma, and Taco Meat.

They only die on one path apiece. 

I wouldn't mind a recolor of Takumi based on his possessed self.

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

They've made music instruments into weapons before, they can weaponize singing. As for refreshing, temporary stat boost of some sort works.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Perhaps they feel like its weird for her to be an infant lance with the class dancer but no dance?