Lau

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Tiki. That's all I'll say.

You, my friend, have spectacular taste.

Bring on the Marth - Caeda - Tiki interactions!

Caeda's English voice is fantastic, btw. Nintendo's dubbed the TGS trailer.

While I would prefer Hector in the game (lets hope for DLC), I feel like I was too harsh on Lyn. Shes looks awesome in this game and I am actually happy to see her, I just wish she was using a bow for more weapon variety. But Lyn is known first and foremost as a swordwoman so....

I guess I should appreciate how bold this project is. Fire Emblem isn't a linear series of games with constantly re-used characters, so the decision to focus on three games is a smart call. I wouldn't have done it. I would make a roster I would like, and I know the fan response to that would be terrible, because you can't represent so many tastes across decades of a series. It's like if they announced a Final Fantasy warriors. You couldn't do it, not in the short development time I expect this game was produced in.

Here's my bet: the most depressed people with regard to the roster, or really any aspect of the game's content, are probably the developers. They were as excited about this as we were, and probably had an excellent blueprint for the game where the roster was based on gameplay concerns like having a balance of weapon and movement types, and making separate classes feel unique and true to the source material. And of course IS or whoever says "um, you are putting THIS character in the game right?". Okay, we're struggling on these deadlines but let's put her in. Also, don't forget your 3DS port. And make sure you've got a playable, QA'd demo we can showcase for E3, Gamescom, and TGS. I'm sure the people working on this game did what they could. And however bad they feel at this point, they'll feel a lot worse when they're continuing to work on the game's DLC as the fans supporting the game are constantly bickering over what that content should entail. What rights should be wronged. What a thankless job. 

Even tho it probably would of been better as just a switch game. It was nice of em to make a new 3DS version case people didnt get a switch yet and wanted some more warriors games. (or didnt have a switch for mario oddassey)

1 hour ago, Thany said:

Even tho it probably would of been better as just a switch game. It was nice of em to make a new 3DS version case people didnt get a switch yet and wanted some more warriors games. (or didnt have a switch for mario oddassey)

I agree with this, especially since Switches were hard to find and sometimes still are depending on where people live.

8 hours ago, Thany said:

This. As someone who doesn’t have the funds for a Switch (and probably wont for a while), I’m happy I can still experience this game via the New 3DS. It helps they also made the New 2DS an even cheaper option without the 3D (Something I wouldn’t of used anyway).

Also the DLC is making me happy and giving me hope for the liked of Niles, Minerva and Gaius. Also costumes.

Edited by Azz

I've never tried a musou game until Hyrule Warriors came out, and it turned in one of my favourite games... With every interview, with every detail I'm getting more convinced everyday that Fire Emblem Warriors will be brutally superior to HW (even considering Legends).

I'm searching news of this game several times every hour, so I'm hyped as hell for it. Yes, there are some decisions that I wouldn't make if I were producing the game, but I still thing it will be an awesome game. I want to try every character, every map, every mode.

Furthermore, we have the confirmation from one of the interviews (I think) that if FEW gets a lot of sales we will get a second game with characters from more games (i.e. PoR, TBB, TSS...), so there's no need to blame about the lack of represented games or things like that (let the proper time arrive).

Maybe I sound like a fanboy, but this is only a natural reaction in myself to such a pile of negative (and most of the time pointless) oppinions.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that disagrees with me, but I think is better for all of us if the people that only seems to know blaming the game only ingonres the game they hate so profusely: haters wouldn't get angry anymore and fans (and/or fanboys :v) will continue enjoying.

I'm looking forward to the DLC, and I like it even more that they're focusing on the three games. 

I'm also looking forward to the post-release: the datamining, interviews, so on so forth.

Ah, I just hope it sells well just to spite the haters, and so that we can get a sequel.

A little bit selfishly, i'm glad the 5 eras that were chosen were the ones that were chosen because 4 of those 5 are my favorite eras, and i'm even more selfishly happy that they're sticking to them for DLC.

My two all-time favorite FE characters, leagues above everyone else are Lowen and Cherche and this DLC means Cherche has a chance. IS please.

I never played a warriors game before Hyrule Warriors,but seeing as I wasn't all that familiar with most of the characters from the Zelda franchise (I only played Wind Waker before I purchased Warriors), I had to learn about the characters' personalities and abilities in the game itself. Hyrule Warriors is still one of my favorite games ever as of right now, even though I didn't know the characters from the game that well. Well, in the case of FE Warriors, I know all of the characters that are playable thanks to my experience with the other Fire Emblem games. Seeing as I really liked a Warriors game where I didn't know any of the characters, I'll surely like this game even more.

I'm also kind of surprised my favorite FE character (Hinoka) got in, and although I even think some other character maybe would have deserved that spot, I'm still really happy to see her here. Also, I'm still surprised that we got an Echoes rep in the form of Celica, as that is my favorite FE game.

I also wanna say something about the music: from the tracks I've heard this OST will be amazing. All those remixes are awesome!

Last but not least, the graphics look amazing, and the gameplay looks amazing as well. I really like the idea of positioning your characters via the pause screen on a map like in the main games.

I seriously can't wait till this game comes out worldwide! The FE hype train is still rolling and we'll just have to wait a little while longer till it reaches it's final destination!

Count me in on the "actually happy that the DLC is expanding on the main three games instead of trying to half-ass other games" camp. This way they can save other games for an eventual sequel and do them properly instead of just giving us one or two characters and a map.

Throwing my hat into the main three focus game DLC camp. I think it was a good idea. It could give them the chance to really throw some characters in that either people really wanted from the 3, and add a lot of more diverse weapon and class types.

If we started jumping to other games we would only start seeing more swords, and honestly the last thing this game needs is more swords. As it is it's going to be hard to use lance users since they are all weak to bows. If a sword user is in a room with an archer, you are better off sending in a sword user or mage/archer. We need more weapon types.

I know the idea of someone being more optimistic is getting a lot of hate here, but I do think a wave 2 DLC is possible where we get a few more characters thrown in. Not saying it's going to happen, just that it's possible. If anything, there is also sequels in which they said they will focus on other games.

edit: for those who don't know, FEW dev at the show last night said they will be listening to fans for ideas for DLC in the future. In other words, a wave 2 or 3 is entirely possible.

Edited by Tolvir

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Throwing my hat into the main three focus game DLC camp. I think it was a good idea. It could give them the chance to really throw some characters in that either people really wanted from the 3, and add a lot of more diverse weapon and class types.

If we started jumping to other games we would only start seeing more swords, and honestly the last thing this game needs is more swords. As it is it's going to be hard to use lance users since they are all weak to bows. If a sword user is in a room with an archer, you are better off sending in a sword user or mage/archer. We need more weapon types.

I know the idea of someone being more optimistic is getting a lot of hate here, but I do think a wave 2 DLC is possible where we get a few more characters thrown in. Not saying it's going to happen, just that it's possible. If anything, there is also sequels in which they said they will focus on other games.

I'm praying we get a whole bunch of clones so we can get into the meat of the cast of each of these games. If they do, then I can't help but agree with you. We'll have a real FE experience then, with a huge cast.