Caeda and Tiki confirmed.

Jedi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Those aren't bandages, those are gloves (of a sort).

They're wraps.

I really thought Caeda would be using a sword. Guess that leans for the 'too much sword users thing' but that usually doesn't stop them.

Tiki's moveset is bad. Slow, short range, and some combo finishers subtract from her dragon meter? The dragon is what I wanted to play as. Can I just send her off to fight somewhere, then switch to her whenever her dragon form is ready?

And they did it again! When she morphs back into a human there is no animation, just like with Corrin. No poof of smoke, just an immediate switch of characters. This is not the good dragon vibes I was counting on with Tiki. 1 and a half stars, sit on the bench and think about what you did.

Ceada is a good reveal. Always expected her to show up with her personal weapon. That's one thing this game will have over Heroes.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Tiki's moveset is bad. Slow, short range, and some combo finishers subtract from her dragon meter? The dragon is what I wanted to play as. Can I just send her off to fight somewhere, then switch to her whenever her dragon form is ready?

Too early to tell if its actually bad tbh, we didn't even see all of her charge attacks, plus Midorikawa was playing for the first time so it wasn't exactly the best demonstration.

People made Gracia work in SW and she has less than Tiki.

Pleased to see some gameplay, though I admit Tiki had some lost potential. Still, I'm happy to see her. I'll be even happier if we get an adult version, or at the very least, a re-skin. Would be nice to see her adult form get some representation, too.

9 minutes ago, Wolfpack said:

They're wraps.

I really thought Caeda would be using a sword. Guess that leans for the 'too much sword users thing' but that usually doesn't stop them.

Sort of.  They're not really wraps, given that they go over her middle finger like bridal gauntlets do, but the part around her arms is very wrap-like.  Given that they appear to go around her entire wrist as a single piece that's connected to the piece that goes over her hand and up to the middle finger, I'd consider them more gloves than wraps.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Her 'dragon meter' is the Awakening meter for other characters.  Tiki's C1 takes her musou gauge (which is only used for special attacks by other characters), and converts it to Awakening meter.  I don't remember seeing any combos subtract from her Awakening meter.  If you need a comparison, look for Young Link gameplay in HW, as he does the same thing.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I'm still surprised they haven't revealed Sakura, Elise, Male Corrin, Celica, Caeda, and Tiki for international audiences. I wonder why they are taking so long?

I think Tiki looks pretty fun, slow or not. Actually doing her dragon transformation is pretty sweet. I know it seems like it'd be obvious, but I wasn't sure if they'd put that much effort into her. I wouldn't have been surprised if she just fought in human form the whole time.

Not really excited about Caeda. Even though I like both Hinoka and Cordelia as characters, it already feels redundant having both of them, and Caeda's just a 3rd flier that plays similarly. I would have preferred another mage character or something else.

I was hoping for Sword Caeda so we could get a Sword Pegasus, but I guess I can settle for Wing Spear Caeda instead. Either way, I'm glad she is properly revealed so Marth is not going on an adventure all on his lonesome. My only complaint is Caeda using lancers further solidifies the "cloned / similar movesets" approach, which may be obvious in hindsight, but I was hoping for a "unique Warriors" approach where nearly everyone got unique movesets. I guess I was having too high of an expectation, especially when trying to compare it to Hyrule Warriors. (Alternatively, I may just be spoiled from Warriors Orochi and Samurai Warriors.)

As for Young!Tiki, she looks adorable and can fully transform into a dragon for a time, but I am unsure if I will like her playstyle. I was also hoping for an Adult!Tiki, but I can't see her Awakening counterpart using her younger self's moveset. At least I can hope for a "proper" Adult!Tiki in the DLC (like how Twili Midna was a separate character from Imp Midna in Hyrule Warriors)

Edited by Sire

9 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Her 'dragon meter' is the Awakening meter for other characters.  Tiki's C1 takes her musou gauge (which is only used for special attacks by other characters), and converts it to Awakening meter.  I don't remember seeing any combos subtract from her Awakening meter.  If you need a comparison, look for Young Link gameplay in HW, as he does the same thing.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what initially confused me every time she held her dragon stone in the air. Because you don't consume a full special guage, you can consume whatever's in there for a little bit of awakening meter.

14 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Too early to tell if its actually bad tbh, we didn't even see all of her charge attacks, plus Midorikawa was playing for the first time so it wasn't exactly the best demonstration.

People made Gracia work in SW and she has less than Tiki.

Man I don't know about that one. The first three and a half minutes of gameplay as Ceada amounted to 638 KOs. Tiki gameplay was five minutes and 20 seconds, and scores 460 KOs.

Edited by Glennstavos

Nice. I wonder if there'll be an Adult!Tiki costume switch a.la the Corrins.

Gameplay wise, Tiki looks a bit eh but I don't think it's soon enough to tell.

Chances of Azura being playable are going down and I'm reaching the bargaining stage of grief.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

I was about to post the image of that, actually:

Hide contents

chara24_03.jpg

Just...just look at it! My sweethearts are adorable! I'm sorry, I'm getting really emotional over this. I knew they'd be in, but three out of four of my ultimate favourite SD characters?! I'm just missing Xane, but who knows?

Good god, this game can't come sooner.

Just now, Magus of Flowers said:

Chances of Azura being playable are going down and I'm reaching the bargaining stage of grief.

After the limited edition box leaks continued to be confirmed I feel like she's got basically no chance now, at least in the base game. She seems like a strong candidate for DLC, though. Same goes for Tharja, Ike and maybe some others.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

After the limited edition box leaks continued to be confirmed I feel like she's got basically no chance now, at least in the base game. She seems like a strong candidate for DLC, though. Same goes for Tharja, Ike and maybe some others.

9 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

We've seen both enemy knights and (in yesterday's stream) enemy infantry lancers. Couple that with there being a conspicuous space next to Corrin in one of the group shots, and I'd say Azura is a lock.

20 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I'm still surprised they haven't revealed Sakura, Elise, Male Corrin, Celica, Caeda, and Tiki for international audiences. I wonder why they are taking so long?

They have, just in their Twitter 

18 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Celica was at least revealed in a Tweet. Maybe they're saving everyone for an English version of the trailer we've been seeing recently?

17 minutes ago, Lau said:

Extended trailer is up but I can't link it.

CAEDA GIVES TIKI A RIDE ON HER PEGASUS. It's the cutest shit I've ever seen.

Considering how Tiki and Caeda never really interacted in the games, I love this.