Azura deconfirmed

The DanMan

DKSzJ81UEAA2xW7.jpg?width=339&height=451

"...the team initially planned to include Corrin, Azura and the 8 siblings, but since the number of Fates inclusions were too great (and the game is really looking like AwakeningFates Musou), they decided they had to exclude Azura (this time)." (From the Warriors discord)

So yeah.
That's funny; IS was totally OK with this. Though we still have enemy halberdier-esque officers and a conspicuous empty spot next to Corrin in one shot.
Azura, always forgotten.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is incredibly disappointing considering her moveset potential, story importance, and the lack of lance infantry. Not to mention all our lance users (so far) are Pegasus Knight clones of each other so this is even more disappointing. This is the first time I'm legitimately disappointed with a roster decision.

Edited by Solaris998

17 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Azura, always forgotten.

Always lost in though, all alone...

In all seriousness, she could have been interesting. Singing, water powers, and a lance rather than a sword. But oh well. She'll probably end up being DLC.

Also, I half expected this thread to be full of people highlighting their various reactions using quotes from the song. For instance, "A burdened heart sinks into the ground." Or, "Can no one hear my cry?" 

Edited by vanguard333

you had one job warriors

one job

From the Lyn reveal thread:

Koei: "Hey, should we add the popular, water-bending, lance using, dancer main character from Fates? I'm sure we can do plenty with-"

IS: "Nah just add the little sisters we need more little girl representation"

Holding out for DLC then. If they don't include her, they missed a chance to make a really awesome character. Just imagine how she would fight.

i-

i don't even have words

what the puck was the point of having fates as a focus game if you're only going to focus on royals and then go out of your way to ignore the royal with the most interesting potential for a moveset

the one saving grace is that since she's probably dlc now they might be able to do her right instead of somehow making her a sword user

MMMMMMMMMM, I AM NOT A HAPPY BOY! This is the first time where i'm legitimately upset at the game. IS literally considers Azura to be the main protagonist of Fates but nope!

At least have her as DLC. I'll gladly pay $5 for her.

Is that what that text really says? What the hell. That's utter fucking bullshit. Azura isn't even one of those many sword wielders they kept saying were being left out because of "too many swords." And yet they go and include more swords anyway, of course. Azura would've balanced the roster out a bit more even if she is another Fates character because she wields a lance!

I was so sure Azura would be in the game and that was one reason I was going to play it. I really wanted to play as her. Fuck this. I just might cancel my preorder after all. How could you leave out one of the most relevant and popular characters in Fates?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Is that what that text really says? What the hell. That's utter fucking bullshit. Azura isn't even one of those many sword wielders they kept saying were being left out because of "too many swords." And yet they go and include more swords anyway, of course. Azura would've balanced the roster out a bit more even if she is another Fates character because she wields a lance!

I was so sure Azura would be in the game and that was one reason I was going to play it. I really wanted to play as her. Fuck this. I just might cancel my preorder after all. How could you leave out one of the most relevant and popular characters in Fates?

I didn't think Azura was that popular (compared to Camilla, at least), but okay.

Still a shame that she got cut, though.  If anything, they should've cut Cordelia for being a clone and not being as relevant to her game as Caeda or Hinoka.

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

I didn't think Azura was that popular (compared to Camilla, at least), but okay.

Still a shame that she got cut, though.  If anything, they should've cut Cordelia for being a clone and not being as relevant to her game as Caeda or Hinoka.

She ranked in the top ten females in CYL. She's popular. Cordelia did too, but I don't remember if she was higher or not.

I'd like to know the link between the PR and the development team; is the PR just scrambling for excuses and there's actually different reasons for all this stuff?

Sorry to criticize the PR again, but...I suspect they've been lying about some stuff, like the reason to deconfirm Azura and make Celica use swords.

She ranked in the top ten females in CYL. She's popular. Cordelia did too, but I don't remember if she was higher or not.

You really do love throwing in the Heroes poll for Warriors stuff. XP

Edited by NoirCore

Are you serious?  Guess I forgot.

Then again, I'm among the few people here whose favorite characters are the playable Brigands/Barbarians, so aside from Hector, I guess I'm pretty out of touch with what most other people I like.

wow, this is actually surprising to say the least

On 9/23/2017 at 2:52 PM, FiyaaEmburem said:

i blame Elise and Sakura.

i totally agree, they don't add anything new to the roster and we i would happily get rid of them

given how much i don't like fates, not having azura in the main game when said game is focused on fates so much that almost half of the roster is composed by characters from fates, it's just...

Edited by Yexin