Azura deconfirmed

The DanMan

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Dynasty Warriors even in the modern era with DLC had done Xtreme Legends, they aren't exactly DLC, more like games that count as expansion packs with new modes and other stuff, including new characters and weapons. You can transfer your data from from the base game to these as well.

That's a very likely scenario. That also gives incentives for people to double-dip. 

@Arthur97I just mention it like it is and how I see them. The casual audience would eat it up. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Comments like that don't really help anyone, do they?

Yea, but it's what separate us from them.

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Maybe if this depth here was better reflected in most of her other Supports, her morality issues would be less problematic.

Fair enough, but last time I check most people join Nohr because of the whole dark side appeal even if that wasn't the case at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Fair enough, but last time I check most people join Nohr because of the whole dark side appeal even if that wasn't the case at the end of the day.

Nothing at all wrong with that.  You said you didn't understand the hate Peri gets and I tried to help.

It seems like IS wanted yes or riot the 8 siblings +´Corrin... and Azura was just the extra that IS end up "okay" throwing in the "Better luck next time" bag.

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

It seems like IS wanted yes or riot the 8 siblings +´Corrin... and Azura was just the extra that IS end up "okay" throwing in the "Better luck next time" bag.

Which is ridiculous. If they're so worried about Fates being over-represented, how about you take out some of the siblings instead? Hinoka and Sakura are less popular and significantly less relevant to the plot. If Fates is supposed to be a big deal for the game, why are the cutting out the second most important character? Not putting in Azura is like not having Lucina for Awakening.

Just now, Magus of Flowers said:

Which is ridiculous. If they're so worried about Fates being over-represented, how about you take out some of the siblings instead? Hinoka and Sakura are less popular and significantly less relevant to the plot. If Fates is supposed to be a big deal for the game, why are the cutting out the second most important character? Not putting in Azura is like not having Lucina for Awakening.

It seems IS is unable to represent one member of the siblings without using the rest of them.

3 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

I would argue that Elise & Sakura are better off as NPC.

I think what they could have done to downsize Fates roster is to only choose two royals beyond Corrin and Azura. It'd have to be equal representation for both sides, since otherwise it'd just be needlessly alienating and against the message of Hoshido and Nohr being equal and contrasting factions. Otherwise it wouldn't be Fire Emblem Fates, it would be Fire Emblem Conquest with one or two of those side hoes from Hoshido thrown in. 

I don't think they could have gone without Xander and Ryouma, since both are too emblematic for their respective sides. Beyond that though, they should have just picked the most popular sibling from each side (Camilla and Takumi respectively) and saved the rest for dlc. That way they could have given each of them a unique moveset too. Neither Sakura nor Elise actually had to be clones. They could have given Sakura her priestess moveset, while Elise could stay the same so long as they made Leon focus on Brynhildr like the other holy weapon users.

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

Chill.  If you don't like it, you're free to do better things with your time.

My guess is that Azura will be DLC, due to her popularity and (relatively) obscure weapon type.  At least in Warriors terms.

To be clear: I never once told anyone else to stop complaining about the roster, or anything even remotely of that sort whatsoever. While I was personally OK with the roster up until now, I heard and appreciated everyone else's complaints, especially being an old school fan myself. I never forfeited my right to complain about an absolutely garbage decision that ignored fans entirely. 

Never mind y'all, (somewhat) false alarm. 

TGS Day 4 consisted of the announcement of 3 DLC packs. One for Fates, one for Awakening, and one for SD. Xander's VA asked for a hint as to who might show up in the Fates pack to which he was told it was someone who the Fates royals regarded as family. Azura is all but confirmed as the first DLC character. 

For those still disappointed, DLC characters have been confirmed to have bond conversations and their goal is for them to be indiscernible from characters that were in the base game. (: Azura is in good standing. 

17 minutes ago, Forpocalypse said:

Never mind y'all, (somewhat) false alarm. 

<Snip>

I mean, I'm still bitter. Having to pay $10-ish for a character that should've been an auto-include in the base game isn't doing this game any favours for me.

5 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

I mean, I'm still bitter. Having to pay $10-ish for a character that should've been an auto-include in the base game isn't doing this game any favours for me.

You may have seen my little rant from earlier, but I was pissed to the point of calling whoever made this decision dead to me, lol. I agree that it IS annoying, but *sigh* at least I get my water goddess, pay wall or not. 

In all honesty, their reason for not including her was probably bullshit and they made her DLC BECAUSE of her popularity. More money if the DLC is fan favorite characters than if they had made Hinoka DLC instead. 

Honestly, I'm not sure which is worse between "we cut her because we didn't want too many Fates characters, have another Pegasus Knight and clones of the younger brothers instead" and "we cut her so we can make people pay for her separately later". The first makes them look incompetent and further establishes their poor decision making, but the latter is... well, self-explanatory.

No matter the reason it's still scummy to make people pay for someone that should've been the second Fates character added to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure which is worse between "we cut her because we didn't want too many Fates characters, have another Pegasus Knight and clones of the younger brothers instead" and "we cut her so we can make people pay for her separately later". The first makes them look incompetent and further establishes their poor decision making, but the latter is... well, self-explanatory.

No matter the reason it's still scummy to make people pay for someone that should've been the second Fates character added to begin with.

That's a good way to look at it. I'm almost positive that they're not as stupid as the first statement seems to want us to believe. I'm guessing that it's not that she simply wasn't added, but that she was KEPT from being added for the DLC monies. 

Rena Strober also confirmed a little while ago that she was happy to be voicing Azura in Heroes "and other projects" which seems to indicate that the Warriors team has ALREADY worked with Azura. Not that they'd ever admit to this. We just didn't want too many Fates characters guys, honest!

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The worst part is that considering who we have in the base roster, we may have to pay more for other characters like Barst, Draug, Minerva, etc. who would also have been better in the base game since they would've added more equal Weapon Triangle representation into the roster.

But right now I'm just waiting and hoping that IGN gives this game a 7.8/10 for having too many swords.  Just because I think it would be funny.

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's almost certainly this one. Why else would they use the 'too many Fates characters' excuse, then make Fates the first DLC pack?

1 hour ago, Magus of Flowers said:

If it's anything like HW, it's closer to ~$5 for 2 characters.

16 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

If it's anything like HW, it's closer to ~$5 for 2 characters.

1200 yen a pack/3000 for season pass (which was the same price as HWs-- converted to $20). HW averaged 2 characters per pack.

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

I think what they could have done to downsize Fates roster is to only choose two royals beyond Corrin and Azura. It'd have to be equal representation for both sides, since otherwise it'd just be needlessly alienating and against the message of Hoshido and Nohr being equal and contrasting factions. Otherwise it wouldn't be Fire Emblem Fates, it would be Fire Emblem Conquest with one or two of those side hoes from Hoshido thrown in. 

I don't think they could have gone without Xander and Ryouma, since both are too emblematic for their respective sides. Beyond that though, they should have just picked the most popular sibling from each side (Camilla and Takumi respectively) and saved the rest for dlc. That way they could have given each of them a unique moveset too. Neither Sakura nor Elise actually had to be clones. They could have given Sakura her priestess moveset, while Elise could stay the same so long as they made Leon focus on Brynhildr like the other holy weapon users.

Honestly? They really just shouldn't have had the little sisters. There was no way Leo would not get included (popularity that IS wants to exploit + unique niche of mounted mage); I myself had it pegged as Xander/Ryoma/Camilla/Takumi/Leo (with Corrin and Azura), due to Hinoka's lacking popularity and the little sisters being the least unique options.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

1200 yen a pack/3000 for season pass (which was the same price as HWs-- converted to $20). HW averaged 2 characters per pack.

Honestly? They really just shouldn't have had the little sisters. There was no way Leo would not get included (popularity that IS wants to exploit + unique niche of mounted mage); I myself had it pegged as Xander/Ryoma/Camilla/Takumi/Leo (with Corrin and Azura), due to Hinoka's lacking popularity and the little sisters being the least unique options.

And I am still on the case of not giving slanted representation for the royals. People keep saying Hinoka was unpopular, and while she didn't knock anyone over with fan adoration, she is not unpopular enough to justify dropping her and leaving Hoshido at a conspicuous 2 (all male) representatives. If you put in 3 Nohrians, you gotta bring in 3 Hoshidans or don't call the game "Fire Emblem Fates" but "Conquest with a slight Birthright aftertaste".

They could have easily avoided giving us three identitcal peg knights by making Caeda a sword unit and leaving Cordelia as dlc in exchange for the more popular Tharja anyway. 

You know, I've come to realize that my reaction to this whole Azura business is basically the same as Chuggaaconroy's Great Pikmin Freakout of 2010.

When I learned that day four of TGS would focus on post release content I was afraid that Azura would end up being withheld as DLC, which of course ended up happening. Granted, having Azura as paid DLC is better than having no Azura at all, especially if she still has supports, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

And shouldn't the title of the thread change to accommodate the fact that she might be DLC?