Azura deconfirmed

The DanMan

Heard this on the subreddit, so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently during KT's announcement of the DLC, someone said

"Can you at least give us a hint on the dlc?"

"Ok, here's a hint at the Fates pack. There is clearly a missing sibling... oh I almost said too much."

Which means Azura is in as DLC. This actually annoys me since it shows they cut out a character just to make more money off us.

Here's the subreddit link for source:

EDIT: Nevermind, I was slow to hear the news. Just ignore my post.

Edited by RedRob

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Heard this on the subreddit, so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently during KT's announcement of the DLC, someone said

"Ok, here's a hint at the Fates pack. There is clearly a missing sibling... oh I almost said too much."

Which means Azura is in as DLC. This actually annoys me since it shows they cut out a character just to make more money off us.

Here's the subreddit link for source:

EDIT: Nevermind, I was slow to hear the news. Just ignore my post.

My timeline says the same thing on Twitter.

Willing to give the benefit of the doubt since I'm so deep into it with my wallet already.

But if true that is pretty scummy.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

And I am still on the case of not giving slanted representation for the royals. People keep saying Hinoka was unpopular, and while she didn't knock anyone over with fan adoration, she is not unpopular enough to justify dropping her and leaving Hoshido at a conspicuous 2 (all male) representatives. If you put in 3 Nohrians, you gotta bring in 3 Hoshidans or don't call the game "Fire Emblem Fates" but "Conquest with a slight Birthright aftertaste".

They could have easily avoided giving us three identitcal peg knights by making Caeda a sword unit and leaving Cordelia as dlc in exchange for the more popular Tharja anyway. 

Nohr is more popular and there was more moveset potential to be had. The surprise was actually giving Hoshido equal representation (though I also expected Oboro to balance things out, again due to moveset potential + popularity).

50 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Willing to give the benefit of the doubt since I'm so deep into it with my wallet already.

Multiple sources have said the same thing (including a guy in the Discord who was quasi-live translating some stuff).

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

At this point, I'm suspicious Azura was cut due to too much Awakefates. I suspect the PR has just been making up excuses because the characters are what they are due to time constraints, but that somehow translated as "worse-sounding" than the excuses they made. Just a theory, but I have my suspicions.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Nohr is more popular and there was more moveset potential to be had. The surprise was actually giving Hoshido equal representation (though I also expected Oboro to balance things out, again due to moveset potential + popularity).

Multiple sources have said the same thing (including a guy in the Discord who was quasi-live translating some stuff).

Well I personally am beyond glad that they went with equal representation, since if popularity is going to be the sole defining factor for everything in Gaiden games, we'll see the same 5 characters represented over and over again with no others in sight. Also, since they did set up the Nohr/Hoshido thing as a mirror conflict, they are kinda obligated to treat it as one. You can't have a mirror conflict if one side is significantly weaker and underrepresented. Again, might as well market all Fates in all future games as Fire Emblem:Conquest and nothing else. Hoshidan fans might be slightly smaller in number, but actively alienating them and turning them off from every future game to focus on "what's popular" is still going to lose them a significant number of $$$.

Whatever, we still got them all in equal numbers, so I will not focus on this anymore. I'll just enjoy playing the game with mostly Hoshidan characters + some SD ones.

Edited by Nanima

10 hours ago, Forpocalypse said:

To be clear: I never once told anyone else to stop complaining about the roster, or anything even remotely of that sort whatsoever. While I was personally OK with the roster up until now, I heard and appreciated everyone else's complaints, especially being an old school fan myself. I never forfeited my right to complain about an absolutely garbage decision that ignored fans entirely. 

First, there was the giant issue with the first sentence of what I originally quoted.  Second, while I don't have a particularly glowing opinion of GameFAQs forums, implying that you're (not) stooping to their level in the same post is uncalled for.  Go ahead and be disappointed, I absolutely won't blame you for that.  But please try to be a bit more tactful when expressing your sentiments.

EDIT: A word can change things.

Edited by eclipse

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

First, there was the giant issue with the first sentence of what I originally quoted.  Second, while I don't have a particularly glowing opinion of GameFAQs forums, implying that you're (not) stooping to their level in the same post is uncalled for.  Go ahead and be disappointed, I absolutely won't blame you for that.  But please try to be a bit more tactful when expressing your sentiments.

EDIT: A word can change things.

My goodness, all I said about GameFAQ's was that I didn't want to sound like I came straight out of it - It's well known for being hostile. I don't know what's got you so bothered, but please relax. We're all friends here. (:

Don't single me out with language taboos. I wouldn't say words I didn't see on here already. I suggest you think before you speak - Seeing a moderator behave in such a way casts a negative light on Serenes Forest. One I don't think it deserves. Honestly, you seem really cool, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were in a bad mood. 

15 hours ago, RedRob said:

Must be Lilith!

On 9/24/2017 at 6:15 PM, Forpocalypse said:

My goodness, all I said about GameFAQ's was that I didn't want to sound like I came straight out of it - It's well known for being hostile. I don't know what's got you so bothered, but please relax. We're all friends here. (:

Don't single me out with language taboos. I wouldn't say words I didn't see on here already. I suggest you think before you speak - Seeing a moderator behave in such a way casts a negative light on Serenes Forest. One I don't think it deserves. Honestly, you seem really cool, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were in a bad mood. 

The intent in your second paragraph (especially about me being a mod) goes completely counter to the words in the first one.  One of the things I absolutely don't tolerate is dishonesty - and I tend to believe actions over words.

We actually have something in the Code of Conduct that says "don't make threads to call out other places", because we've had issues with that in the past.  If I don't like a particular place, I don't go there.  We also have members who are part of multiple communities.  Please take their feelings into account.

---

I can't say I'm horribly shocked that Azura's DLC.  But I'm glad she made it in, somehow.  Her spear's a welcome sight in the sea of swords.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

The intent in your second paragraph (especially about me being a mod) goes completely counter to the words in the first one.  One of the things I absolutely don't tolerate is dishonesty - and I tend to believe actions over words.

We actually have something in the Code of Conduct that says "don't make threads to call out other places", because we've had issues with that in the past.  If I don't like a particular place, I don't go there.  We also have members who are part of multiple communities.  Please take their feelings into account.

---

I can't say I'm horribly shocked that Azura's DLC.  But I'm glad she made it in, somehow.  Her spear's a welcome sight in the sea of swords.

My intent with the statement about you being a mod had to do with what seems to be you having a tendency to hold others to different standards. You made no mention of anyone else who used taboo language, even in this thread, but it was wrong when I did it, for some reason. I appreciate that you're trying to keep things clean, though. Dishonesty is not a factor here. No false statements have been made from either of us, so I'm not sure what you're going for by saying you don't tolerate dishonesty. 

I didn't even come close to making a thread knocking GameFAQ's. I'd argue that I didn't even knock it at all. I said I didn't want to sound like I was from there (but I am). GameFAQ's tends to be very critical. This is NOT a bad thing! I think a lot of people applaud it's critical and genuine nature. I don't know why you're trying to act like my words were hurtful to GameFAQ's members. It seems more like a deserpate attempt to make my post into something it wasn't. I use GameFAQ's regularly. I like it more than SF, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Again, acknowledging the factually accurate truth that GameFAQ's tends to be critical isn't to say that it's bad. You're the one who said you "don't have a glowing opinion" of it, for some reason. With that said, I think it'd be best for us to de-escalate this. I'll give you the last word. 

8 hours ago, Forpocalypse said:

My intent with the statement about you being a mod had to do with what seems to be you having a tendency to hold others to different standards. You made no mention of anyone else who used taboo language, even in this thread, but it was wrong when I did it, for some reason. I appreciate that you're trying to keep things clean, though. Dishonesty is not a factor here. No false statements have been made from either of us, so I'm not sure what you're going for by saying you don't tolerate dishonesty. 

I didn't even come close to making a thread knocking GameFAQ's. I'd argue that I didn't even knock it at all. I said I didn't want to sound like I was from there (but I am). GameFAQ's tends to be very critical. This is NOT a bad thing! I think a lot of people applaud it's critical and genuine nature. I don't know why you're trying to act like my words were hurtful to GameFAQ's members. It seems more like a deserpate attempt to make my post into something it wasn't. I use GameFAQ's regularly. I like it more than SF, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Again, acknowledging the factually accurate truth that GameFAQ's tends to be critical isn't to say that it's bad. You're the one who said you "don't have a glowing opinion" of it, for some reason. With that said, I think it'd be best for us to de-escalate this. I'll give you the last word. 

It's the sentiment.  I don't care if you used the word "fuck".  I care about how and why.  And in your case, it was part of a serious overreaction.  Go ahead and be disappointed (it's expected since Azura is one of the more prominent characters in Fates, and would have a good weapon type to boot), but be mindful of how you express it.

In regards to GameFAQs, this is what you said:

On 9/23/2017 at 5:38 AM, Forpocalypse said:

I could go on about this trash. I don't want to sound like I'm straight out of GameFAQ's or anything, but they just deconfirmed my water goddess and I'm not having it. 

which is a very negative implication of GameFAQs.  At least I'm honest about my less-than-stellar opinion of their forum, without indirectly bashing the people that post there.  This kind of post is not okay.  Don't do it again.

Ah well couldn't care less about any of the royal siblings including Azura, however if Benny or Scarlet or Flora where in these dlc packs then they would be holding my wallet for ransom

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

It's the sentiment.  I don't care if you used the word "fuck".  I care about how and why.  And in your case, it was part of a serious overreaction.  Go ahead and be disappointed (it's expected since Azura is one of the more prominent characters in Fates, and would have a good weapon type to boot), but be mindful of how you express it.

In regards to GameFAQs, this is what you said:

which is a very negative implication of GameFAQs.  At least I'm honest about my less-than-stellar opinion of their forum, without indirectly bashing the people that post there.  This kind of post is not okay.  Don't do it again.

I wasn't initially going to respond, but that seemed a lot more aggressive. I'm just going to defend myself at this point, hopefully nothing more. I used "fuck" because I felt it established my level of enthusiasm. I used it once and at the start of my post. Others on this forum use it in the same way. I can give you a bunch of quotes, but i'd prefer not to get others involved and you already know this is true. What was that you said about dishonesty?

It is for me to decide what I think best gets my point across - Not you. You can say I overreacted if you want. That's all good and I respect your opinion. I can do without the language policing, though. I already posted about how I'm no longer bothered about the Azura situation whatsoever. I WAS annoyed, but now I'm not at all. I understand why they would lock her behind DLC, and have moved beyond all issues I had with the game. I said what articulated my feelings at the time and stand by what I said. 

Again, you're trying to turn what I said about GameFAQ's into something degrading when it blatantly was not. It is a fact that GameFAQ's is known for being critical, and my post was highly critical. Again, critical is not a bad thing. I just didn't want to shift the tone of Serenes Forrest, which is a more optimistic forum, too much. My post was perfectly fine and your attempts to villify it aren't working out too well. I did not bash the people who use GameFAQ's even a little. YOU are the one who openly dislikes that forum, not me. I prefer GameFAQ's to SF BECAUSE they are genuine and don't mind critical opinions. In addition, I said NOTHING about the people there, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped acting like I was bashing the people who use my goto FE forum when all I did was acknowledge its critical nature. 

With that said, I absolutely stand by every word I made in that post, despite that post having been made in anger and now being made irrelevant due to a change in my sentiments, because I did nothing whatsoever to violate the code of conduct or hurt anyone's feelings directly or otherwise. You can try and twist it however you want, but you're only digging the hole deeper and it isn't (in my opinion) a good look for yourself. My post was perfectly acceptable, and I'll be sure to post something similar should I find it appropriate. 

EDIT: Should you choose to respond, I think it would be best to do it via PM's, so as to not (further) derail the thread.

Edited by Forpocalypse

With all do respect, wouldn't it be better to PM eclipse if you feel so strongly about this? I feel that if there's anything that would shift the mood of SF to something more negative, it's dragging out these misunderstandings in a public forum for all to see.

Plus, right or wrong, arguing with a mod doesn't really put either party in a good spot.

Just now, Jakkun said:

With all do respect, wouldn't it be better to PM eclipse if you feel so strongly about this? I feel that if there's anything that would shift the mood of SF to something more negative, it's dragging out these misunderstandings in a public forum for all to see.

Plus, right or wrong, arguing with a mod doesn't really put either party in a good spot.

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm fairly new here and wasn't sure whether we (members of this forum) like to argue where everyone can see, or in private. I agree that it's a bad look on my part and genuinely am sorry to anyone discouraged by this. Thanks for that.

1 minute ago, Forpocalypse said:

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm fairly new here and wasn't sure whether we (members of this forum) like to argue where everyone can see, or in private. I agree that it's a bad look on my part and genuinely am sorry to anyone discouraged by this. Thanks for that.

No worries, better to realize that late than never. Just glad I could help.

Im.....in complete shock.....especially when IS themselves consider her the main character of Fates and was in the top 10 of CYL her being excluded over the other royals especially when she's more important than all of them is completely dumb... although I'm loving/playing the game right now I feel empty inside....at least she's likely in DLC she's one of my favorites!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Hmm... I don't think I would get the game on-release, or this year; at least not before knowing all the stuff they will put in this game.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:28 AM, Jakkun said:

There's a reason why I'm keeping this particular spat public.