Azura deconfirmed

The DanMan

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

(relatively) obscure weapon type.  At least in Warriors terms.

Koei loves their spear fighters. The poster boys for both DW and SW (Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada) are spear fighters. Both series have several different types of spear fighters. Spears/lances are pretty prolific in mainline musou games.

5 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm going to get hate for this, but I'm glad some people here are dissaponted

It's not the majority of the people here, it's those poeple who said to me when I originally complained about the roster, "Well it sounds like you didn't even want a FE muso game" and the whole take it or leave it attitude that they had

There's a difference between offering criticism now and again and virtually everything you say being complaints.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Koei loves their spear fighters. The poster boys for both DW and SW (Zhao Yun and Yukimura Sanada) are spear fighters. Both series have several different types of spear fighters. Spears/lances are pretty prolific in mainline musou games.

Alas, it seems to be different in this game, due to the sheer number of swords.  I hope the spear hype is alive somewhere in this incarnation of Warriors.  'cause while Azura doesn't seem like the type to mow down an army, the thought of her doing so makes me giggle.

SIGH

Man that sucks, really wish she was in. I guess that would mean putting effort into a character for once in this game.

How can P.R & development be so different from this game to Hyrule Warriors?

Edited by Zangetsu

9 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean, I think it's fair to say they've been shooting themselves in the foot consecutively for a few months now. At this point, I'm curious as to whether the game'll flop due to heavy backlash ('bad' roster, clones, compared to MvC:I) or be a huge success (virtually no competition on the Switch, strong Fire Emblem fanbase, especially with Awakening/Fates audience). Reviews came in and they're pretty good, although Famitsu's credibility shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

As horrible the P.R & the marketing strategy is, it's nowhere as bad as MVC: I. Especially since there's still plenty of fan favorites in the game.

9 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Fucking really? Oh, we have too many fates. Who do we exclude?. LETS EXCLUDE THE LANCE WIELDER! WE DONT NEED ANY OF THOSE!

On top of this, this is like if Koei did a FF Warriors, and decided FFVII was one of the main game. Then decided that they are going to cut Tifa, because there are too many Fates characters. First off, why was Tifa not one of the very first in development? Second, why exclude the 2nd most important character? You can replace all of that with Fates and Azura. That is literally what just happened. What the hell.

Maybe she stands a chance in DLC, but probably not if they are already saying "too much Fates". Well who decided every royal needed to be in Koei?

You mean FF7 in this example right?

8 hours ago, Thane said:

When did they ever care about her? During the days of Fates' marketing, perhaps? I mean, she doesn't really do much in the game proper, and when they realized the had failed to make the next Lucina, they sort of stopped pushing her.

Pretty sure that was supposed to Shigure.

7 hours ago, Pizzaface said:

I can't believe you're getting so upset over this.

Well I'm upset since they went out of their way & flat out disconfirm a character I actually like but I'm not flipping tables or actually surprise about this new since I've more or less brace myself for it.

2 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Good. Azura was a terrible character anyway.

The real travesty in this game is how shafted Shadow Dragon got.

Nice bait elitist, but you might wanna try harder.

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

As horrible the P.R & the marketing strategy is, it's nowhere as bad as MVC: I. Especially since there's still plenty of fan favorites in the game.

Okay, it's come up enough this week that I want a big, formal debate on this. Worse roster: FE Warriors or MvC: Infinite. That is the only productive use of this sub forum's aggression I can think of.

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

nice bait elitist, but you might wanna try harder.

Didn't sound all that elitist, just disgruntled with the abysmal SD rep count and doesn't think azura is a very good character. That wasn't a comment relating to the quality of fates or the superiority of shadow dragon just a statement relating to the raw number of reps in shadow dragon and the fact that he doesn't like azura.

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Didn't sound all that elitist, just disgruntled with the abysmal SD rep count and doesn't think azura is a very good character. That wasn't a comment relating to the quality of fates or the superiority of shadow dragon just a statement relating to the raw number of reps in shadow dragon and the fact that he doesn't like azura.

Eh, even people who don't like Azura should think this is a bad decision. We lost a unique water-controlling infantry lance user (of which we have none) just so we can have three characters whom are largely identical to other, more popular characters.

20 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You mean FF7 in this example right?

Pretty sure that was supposed to Shigure.

Well I'm upset since they went out of their way & flat out disconfirm a character I actually like but I'm not flipping tables or actually surprise about this new since I've more or less brace myself for it.

Nice bait elitist, but you might wanna try harder.

Yes. I was using an example of an FF Warriors (which would be awesome).

1 hour ago, Peaceful_User said:

FE Warriors loves to disappoint people. 

Everyone's gonna get disappointed with something, and when you put a Warriors game together with the divisive state of the fandom, even on Serenes there will be disappointment, no matter what KT did (unless they became superhumans and added in all FE characters, but yeah). Some got ticked Lyn was in, some got ticked Celica uses her sword, some got ticked Azura was omitted from the base game...it's not entirely on KT.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Eh, even people who don't like Azura should think this is a bad decision. We lost a unique water-controlling infantry lance user (of which we have none) just so we can have three characters whom are largely identical to other, more popular characters.

This. I don't like Azura that much, even though I like Fates. Her character heavily contributed to the awful story in the games, so character-wise I could totally do without her, but having a infantry lance would have been a nice addition to round out the Warriors roster.

Koei's entire reasoning and decision-making process for this game has been poor to say the least. They don't want too many swords? Both of the new MCs have swords as does a large part of the cast. They care about the weapon triangle? Don't bother with adding any lance users that aren't the 3 Pegasus riders that will play almost the same. The poor SD representation doesn't bother my personally but I get the ire it's drawn too. I don't understand what they're doing with these choices, and I don't think Keoi does either. They seem to have only a very cursory understanding of the FE games they're dealing with.

Is this kind of stuff typical of Koei?  I haven't played any of their games before, but Hyrule Warriors at least seemed like it had more effort and polish put into it than this has so far.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Is this kind of stuff typical of Koei?  I haven't played any of their games before, but Hyrule Warriors at least seemed like it had more effort and polish put into it than this has so far.

To my knowledge, no (though their PR has been a bit dodgy in the past). Hence why I'm more willing to blame IS micromanaging things and internal drama over just calling them incompetent. 

And it's far from confirmed that the only playable lancers are the PKs. We simply don't know.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

To my knowledge, no (though their PR has been a bit dodgy in the past). Hence why I'm more willing to blame IS micromanaging things and internal drama over just calling them incompetent. 

Isn't IntSys the ones who got Celica her spot cause they wanted Echoes representation? I'd say IntSys has very heavy influence over who gets on the roster.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

And it's far from confirmed that the only playable lancers are the PKs. We simply don't know.

Perhaps. Just as this would be my first game by them I'm not getting the best first impression.

And of course, I wouldn't be surprised if even Azura still comes as DLC later. With the LE Box leak I wasn't expecting her to get into the base game anymore anyway. No lances besides 3 PKs in the base game is still pretty silly, though.

26 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Everyone's gonna get disappointed with something, and when you put a Warriors game together with the divisive state of the fandom, even on Serenes there will be disappointment, no matter what KT did (unless they became superhumans and added in all FE characters, but yeah). Some got ticked Lyn was in, some got ticked Celica uses her sword, some got ticked Azura was omitted from the base game...it's not entirely on KT.

You do know that people are also blaming IS as well right?

46 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Okay, it's come up enough this week that I want a big, formal debate on this. Worse roster: FE Warriors or MvC: Infinite. That is the only productive use of this sub forum's aggression I can think of.

I kid you not MVC: I has a much worse roster than FE Warriors does.

3 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah, the Capcom side is pretty good, but the Marvel side is just movie shilling due to Marvel Meddling. 

I would argue this, but Marvel's side is so much worse. You're already in hot water when you didn't put in any of the X-Men, but not adding Logan & Wade? That's just a deal breaker there.

Edited by Zangetsu

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I would argue this, but Marvel's side is so much worse. You're already in hot water when you didn't put in any of the X-Men, but not adding Logan & Wade? That's just a deal breaker there.

That's just Marvel being petty because Fox won't give back its toys. Capcom couldn't do anything about that.

But why wasn't Phoenix Wright brought back? His series is still popular and gets new games, unlike some other Capcom characters included. On the other hand it might be because they couldn't fit him into the plot, but most people are playing it for the gameplay so...

Edited by Lightchao42

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

True enough..I guess I'm just happy with X, Zero (even if I prefer Zero ver), Morrigan, Chun-Li, Dante, and now Monster Hunter.

I also know I'll never get Psylocke back now..

19 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

Isn't IntSys the ones who got Celica her spot cause they wanted Echoes representation? I'd say IntSys has very heavy influence over who gets on the roster.

Unconfirmed, but likely (heck, due to the textures on parts of her model looking noticably lower quality than everything else, she may have been the most recent addition to the game). 

@Zangetsu @Lightchao42 It wasn't "Marvel being petty"; it's that Fox owned the X-men licenses and wasn't playing nice until right around the game's reveal-- by which point the roster had been long since locked in. It was pretty much out of their control.

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I have a feeling she wasn't included due to being different making her harder to develop compared to a clone. 

That wasn't the reason, and if it was, i would much prefer that reason over the one they've given us. Sometimes, characters don't get in due to time constraints. Understandable. However, the reason they've given is garbage. Too many Fates characters, i get it. But don't cut the character that's arguably the most important to the game, next to Corrin.