Official English Fire Emblem Warriors TGS Trailer

Konnor97

Caeda and Tiki sound really good. Well I guess I expected Caeda to be good since I think Cherami Leigh is good in pretty much all her roles and as for Tiki, I never heard her voice in Heroes so the fact she has British accent surprised the hell out of me. Oddly enough, I never really got the accent from Tiki in FEA.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Oh, am I going to be making so many bad and unrelated jokes about Tiki now. It's not that the voice or delivery is bad, even.

Are they Xenoblade jokes?

Just now, NoirCore said:

Are they Xenoblade jokes?

BlazBlue. Mela Lee voices a character there with exactly the same tone of voice-- a character who is hard to really sympathize with and who the MC constantly mocks and needles.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

BlazBlue. Mela Lee voices a character there with exactly the same tone of voice-- a character who is hard to really sympathize with and who the MC constantly mocks and needles.

Ah. Well, she did voice a character in Xenoblade X named Celica (yes, I spelled that right) who had an English accent like Tiki did, and apart from X, the first Xenoblade was know for their European localization, soo... :P

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Tiki sounds older than I thought she would. I mean, sure the voice is accurate, but more toward her older self. Perhaps I expected something else due to the impression I got from Heroes.

It's the same VA as Adult Tiki and she sounds exactly like she does in Heroes; I don't hear any differences.

14 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

What happened to Celica's voice ?!

i am pretty sure its not Erica Lindbeck

I'm legit not noticing that it's a different VA. You sure?

Edited by NoirCore

15 minutes ago, Titamon said:

Did Celica's voice actress change?

15 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

What happened to Celica's voice ?!

i am pretty sure its not Erica Lindbeck

Sounds like Erica Lindbeck to me. A bit deeper and more determined, but still clearly the same VA.

I'd say it's definitely still Erica. Kind of hard to judge fully based on one line though. It'll probably sound more familiar during gameplay.

But in any case, the voice acting as a whole still looks very good to me. The corny as hell script doesn't do it any favors but I think the VA's are doing the best they can with it.

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Nice, I'm not the only one who made that connection! If either Camus or Draug are in and are still voiced by Patrick Seitz, one of them will definitely be mainstays on my team with Tiki, and I will love it.

Also, I agree that it still sounds like Erica to me. Maybe with a slight change in inflection, but that's been pretty much the norm with everyone else's voices so far too. I'm glad Caeda is still Cherami Leigh as well, she did great in Heroes/Echoes (which admittedly are all I know her from).

while the inflection is a little different, celica still sounds like she has the same voice actress, and i really doubt erica lindbeck would've tweeted this if she wasn't voicing celica again

the voices as a whole are kinda hit or miss (caeda still sounds great, lyn and elise sound better than in heroes, frederick and camilla sound totally off)

the actual video is all stuff we've already seen but it looks alright I guess, even if a lot of the lines sound super corny

Just now, unique said:

while the inflection is a little different, celica still sounds like she has the same voice actress, and i really doubt erica lindbeck would've tweeted this if she wasn't voicing celica again

the voices as a whole are kinda hit or miss (caeda still sounds great, lyn and elise sound better than in heroes, frederick and camilla sound totally off)

the actual video is all stuff we've already seen but it looks alright I guess, even if a lot of the lines sound super corny

Frederick may be partially due to the whole referring to himself in the third person. That's pretty weird to me.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Frederick may be partially due to the whole referring to himself in the third person. That's pretty weird to me.

nah his voice in the other videos has been strange too

the dialogue is weird too (there was that one where he said "You really think you can beat us?" which doesn't seem particularly in character but I haven't played awakening in a while) but he also just doesn't really sound like he did in awakening

for better or worse the general voice direction seems pretty different for almost all the characters here compared to their original games, and frederick is probably one of the most affected by it

1 minute ago, unique said:

nah his voice in the other videos has been strange too

the dialogue is weird too (there was that one where he said "You really think you can beat us?" which doesn't seem particularly in character but I haven't played awakening in a while) but he also just doesn't really sound like he did in awakening

for better or worse the general voice direction seems pretty different for almost all the characters here compared to their original games, and frederick is probably one of the most affected by it

I agree the voice direction is just meh. But especially Corrin and Xander. I can stand all the other voices, but my God they just sound bad.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I agree the voice direction is just meh. But especially Corrin and Xander. I can stand all the other voices, but my God they just sound bad.

xander I honestly thought sounded alright in this video, but yeah he was pretty bad in a lot of the other ones (the way he said WE MUST TRUST EACH OTHER was bordering on cringeworthy)

but is corrin's really that bad? i haven't seen many of the videos with her but I thought she was one of the better sounding ones in this video. i only started one playthrough of fates and I used the higher pitched voice so I'm not sure how consistent it is with that, but she sounds close enough to what I can remember from heroes

1 minute ago, unique said:

xander I honestly thought sounded alright in this video, but yeah he was pretty bad in a lot of the other ones (the way he said WE MUST TRUST EACH OTHER was bordering on cringeworthy)

but is corrin's really that bad? i haven't seen many of the videos with her but I thought she was one of the better sounding ones in this video. i only started one playthrough of fates and I used the higher pitched voice so I'm not sure how consistent it is with that, but she sounds close enough to what I can remember from heroes

It might be just cause I dislike her voice in general, but every time I hear her in one of the trailers I just kind of cringe at her voice, and it doesn't help she is always spouting some variation of 'friendship is power!' shit. It might just be me tho. Her voice alone is making me want to switch to the Japanese dialogue (And it doesn't help that I don't like her Japanese voice either XP).

I'm. . .not sure if I want voices on when I play the game.  Caeda/Celica/Camilla were cool (the last one surprised me, since I'm not a huge fan of Camilla).  The twins made me take a metaphorical step back.  Perhaps it's the lack of context, which might be fixed once I can play the game for real.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm. . .not sure if I want voices on when I play the game.  Caeda/Celica/Camilla were cool (the last one surprised me, since I'm not a huge fan of Camilla).  The twins made me take a metaphorical step back.  Perhaps it's the lack of context, which might be fixed once I can play the game for real.

I think the main issues with voices right now is that we are only hearing little clips that probably sound a whole lot better when in full sentences and make sense with what is going.