What Final Boss Do You Want Playable First? (Potential Spoilers)

Great Dane

Fial Bosses  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What Final Boss Do You Want Playable First?

• Medeus
    • Duma
    • Julius
    • Veld
    • Idunn
    • Fire Dragon
    • Formortis
    • Ashnard
    • Ashera
    • Grima
    • Anankos

What Final Boss from the Fire Emblem series do you want to play as first? Even though it's unlikely that they'll release them soon, if at all, I think it'd be interesting to see, as none of them have ever really been playable (aside form Ashnard in the Trial Maps), so which would you want first and foremost?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. . .is tough.  I kind of want the Fire Dragon due to FE7 mechanics, but I think it wouldn't be a good Heroes character.  Thus, I'll go with Julius, because I really want his dad in this game.

I'd go with Julius too, for....obvious reasons. Although if we included all of the major bosses I'd want Lyon or Arvis first before any of the final ones

Idunn has quite a number of advantages going for her. She fills a sorely-needed niche (as what would presumably be a Green Dragon, currently only occupied by Fae), she fits very cleanly into the current system without stretching belief too much (although she doesn't actually use a Mage Dragonstone, there's one in the data), and she has an entirely serviceable humanoid form that is presented as sympathetic. She's also a waifu, and while that does zilch for me, I'm sure that helps her chances for a number of other people.

She's also probably the weakest of the bunch so it would only be fitting to give her out first.

Edited by Iridium

Just now, immatx said:

Although if we included all of the major bosses I'd want Lyon or Arvis first before any of the final ones

I wanted to avoid that since we sorta already have that type first through Zephiel. Though I agree I really want them and other major villains.

Idoun/Idunn/Idenn/Purple-haired sad dragon girl please

Idoun is one of my favorite antagonists in the game, so I'm really hoping she gets implemented soon, if not first. More dragons! If we've already got Zephiel, too, it'd make sense.

I'd probably want Ashera second, though I dunno what color caster they'd select her to be. Red, probably.

i have a feeling ashnard's gonna be the most popular choice by a long shot

i picked him but only because I have no feelings about pretty much any of the others

Edited by unique

I was torn between Idunn and Julius. I ended up going with Julius however. Why not? We need more Jugdral representation. He has potential to get a really cool design, and he'd likely be a red mage that players can obtain at 4 stars. (Sure no stat variation if he's a GHB or TT reward, but I know people haven't liked the fact that all of the new red mages given to us since release have been 5 star exclusive.) 

My head says "Ashnard" but my heart says "Fire Dragon" just to see how they'd go about putting it in. It would be pretty novel if they designed a humanoid form and, like, personality around this "character" whose only apeparence is showing up as a huge dragon, being menacing and being slain. I guess they'd probably base it off of Ninian's line of them being "lost, confused" 

It's hard to choose between Julius and Idunn, both are awesome and can be made into Heroes characters easily (Ashnard too but he's kind of meh to me). In the end I went with Julius because I'd like to have more powerful red mages and there's always the chance Ishtar won't be a GHB and I'd really like to get her soon and Julius would really increase those chances. 

As fun as the Fire Dragon, Grima, Formortis, Duma, Anankos and Ashera sound, they seem pretty unlikely to be playable units, they seem more like they'd be some sort of event boss in the future.

Also, who's Veld? Is he the final boss of FE5? I haven't played that one yet, but I heard he was awfully underwhelming and more like a mook instead of a boss.

From what I personally like: Ashnard, Julius, Ashera.

From gameplay: Ashnard with some super risky setup, Julius with a powerful Loptyr, and then Idunn since she has more charm than Medeus.

Ashera could work as a PC given she is a humanoid and has an easily transferable Light spell. Just makes for all of these foes special gimmick-based maps as well. Boss Ashera with her old AoE spam and Aura forcefield would be good. As would Ashnard with an auto-revival and boosted stats upon reviving.

Anankos...

In his human form as depicted in Hidden Truths :D

Honestly, none of the final bosses of the game I can say I like enough to want to use them in Heroes. In fact most of them I hate...

Edited by Xenomata

Idunn is a pretty obvious choice and Ashnard is inevitable with all these Tellius things popping up. I don't see how Ashera could work without breaking her or nerfing her horribly.

That being said, FE7 was my first game and I would love Fire Dragon.

22 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Also, who's Veld? Is he the final boss of FE5? I haven't played that one yet, but I heard he was awfully underwhelming and more like a mook instead of a boss.

He's literally just a standard Dark Mage with roid stats with 5 uses of a spell that "instant kill" your unit unless you use Kia Staff on them. Besides that he's.... just a Dark Mage. Concept wise his chapter is actually really cool(its basically a better version of FE7 final chapter)

Funny thing is Veld is actually a monster when you simply look at his stats before understanding everything about him. Dark Magic weight screws him over and it doesn't help Thracia have the most overpowered cast in the entire series besides FE3

Looking at this list made me realise I don't actually care about many of these characters, but I voted for Idunn. Ashnard would make sense too, but I hate the guy, and not the way you're supposed to hate a villain.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of these as boss-exclusive. Ashera in particular with her massive multitarget focus wouldn't really work as a PC, but could be neat as a centrepiece in a boss fight or two.

Idoun, Ashnard, and Julius. Most of the big dragons and Ashera just seem a bit too powerful to be made playable units IMO. Maaaaybe Medeus could work, but even he is kinda pushing it. I like the idea of a boss rush mode or something where you battle those huge final bosses instead.

Don't really think I care about any, actually. Dragons like Duma, Anankos, Grima, etc would feel weird to have as a usable character, even in a humanoid form. And I don't really care about the human final bosses enough.

Edited by Alkaid

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

He's literally just a standard Dark Mage with roid stats with 5 uses of a spell that "instant kill" your unit unless you use Kia Staff on them. Besides that he's.... just a Dark Mage. Concept wise his chapter is actually really cool(its basically a better version of FE7 final chapter)

Funny thing is Veld is actually a monster when you simply look at his stats before understanding everything about him. Dark Magic weight screws him over and it doesn't help Thracia have the most overpowered cast in the entire series besides FE3

Oh, so he's like Manfroy in FE4 right? A dark mage with roids, but Veld has that unique spell (for final boss purposes I guess). His chapter sounds really cool.

Felt I may as well chime in that I voted for Julius. I honestly think as far as final bosses go he's one of the best character-wise. (Boss fight-wise he's pretty much Naga fodder) I kinda want to see how they could handle certain characters such as Duma, Ashera, or the Fire Dragon, though for Grima and Formortis I kinda expect them to be possessing alternates for Robin and Lyon respectively.