What Final Boss Do You Want Playable First? (Potential Spoilers)

Great Dane

Fial Bosses  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What Final Boss Do You Want Playable First?

• Medeus
    • Duma
    • Julius
    • Veld
    • Idunn
    • Fire Dragon
    • Formortis
    • Ashnard
    • Ashera
    • Grima
    • Anankos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Idenn. She's got the same sense of appeal that Clarisse does for me, only I've already got it established instead of her appearing in Heroes first. Plus, more dragons is never a bad thing.

Ashnard's nearby, but... between him and Idenn, my biases go Idenn.

8 hours ago, Thany said:

I dont see Garon on this list. >:(

:P im probably one of the few who would be intriuged to see fortimos/Lyon as a character.

I also don't see Possessed Takumi with his Skadi, but for the sake of whatever Revelations is probably considered the "canon" path of Fates because all the waifus.

Julius, Idoun, Ashnard, and Veld would probably be the easiest to implement, I voted for Idoun, since of those 4 I don't like Ashnard very much, Veld I know next to nothing about, and Julius I like but not as much as Idoun.

That said part of me is morbidly curious how IS would go about adding the Fire Dragon.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

It's funny that the main antagonist is usually not the final boss.  I picked Ashnard.

And that creates all sorts of plot flaws! 

I'd be okay with poor poor CQ!Takumi, Skadi could be fun. And although I doubt they'd got this far, doing the phantasmal aesthetic of Vallites/Anankos possessed humans would be visual stimulating in Heroes (not if not that kind of stimulating).

I was thinking, they might possibly be able shoehorn a DK!Lyon as a Breath user by having him use the Dark Stone to momentarily summon illusory visage of Formortiis who while appearing breathes his breath (or uses Demon Light).

TMS Medeus would be weird and impossible to make playable, but it would make an okay "special boss stage" foe. As would TMS Excellus- a boss that can change its color give its minions some of its own HP.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Honestly, I think for the most part any final boss is workable in the game. Ninian showed that they're willing to take artistic liberties with the game and it shouldn't be a problem doing it for the final bosses. Really, the only one that's an issue is the Fire Dragon because it's just a generic enemy. The others can be adapted to fit withing the framework of Heroes without too much trouble. 

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And that creates all sorts of plot flaws! 

Shit is the case and the worst in FE3 and FE12 tbh

We just defeated the emperor by sheer luck! Have a dragon arc for no reason except for this is Fire Emblem - the defining of the series and we need a Dragon for no reason!

Good thing most of the chapters are awesome. Except a certain one that isnt made by Kaga because hot damn every original content in FE12 sucks beyond belief. Its ironic since FE3 chapter 20 was apparently fucking terrible when its GOAT in 12

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You mean that invisible wall that hits you when you hit it? Not particularly memorable.

While I found the ashera boss fight memorable because it introduced a not OP counter, I do agree that it is kind of overshadowed by the two prior maps, it's hard to beat the king of the dragons as far as memorableness goes and the asymmetrical fight with the black knight is pretty hard to beat when it comes to being memorable.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

While I found the ashera boss fight memorable because it introduced a not OP counter, I do agree that it is kind of overshadowed by the two prior maps, it's hard to beat the king of the dragons as far as memorableness goes and the asymmetrical fight with the black knight is pretty hard to beat when it comes to being memorable.

Actually, I didn't remember the fight with the Black Knight happened until you just brought it up. Or part 1 against... the teleporting senators?

Final chapter feels like it was really uneventful outside of part 3.

18 minutes ago, Great Dane said:

Honestly I actually find Ashera more memorable than Dhegensia for her build-up and uniqueness. Dhegensia, while unique in his own right, is really just a buffed up Fire Dragon. Ashera left the biggest impact of the floors for me.

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I found fighting a goddess to be more memorable than yet another large dragon.

Her map was certainly not memorable, however.

Dheginhansea hit mages hard due to dealing physical damage and having a periodic physical AoE attack and restricted your ability to attack him by absolutely requiring you to have Nihil for risk of being one-hit killed by Ire. Not to mention he had absurd bulk.

Sephiran had a somewhat existent Crit stat and still required you to have Nihil to avoid getting hit by Corona.

Ashera had a fixed zero critical hit rate, had no offensive skills that required Nihil to negate, and really wasn't a threat once the walls came down since you could just pile onto her and kill her.

Not exactly what I meant by "more memorable fight". 

I just liked the idea of battling the Order Incarnate better and never analysed the battle in it's meta. It does not really matter to me. It is also why I don't play the harder modes in Fire Emblem. The fight itself still lasted a while, you needed to at least pay some attention and it had that cool climatic ending. It was a refreshing change of pace as a final enemy while Dheginsea would just have been another end-game dragon amongst a sea of them. He always felt bland to me. 

I also liked Idunn better despite her fight being a joke.

If a boss fight is memorable because of how hard it is, I'd give the medal to the Julius/Ishtar tandem assault or perhaps Reinhardt's charge in Thracia. 

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Not exactly what I meant by "more memorable fight". 

I just liked the idea of battling the Order Incarnate better and never analysed the battle in it's meta. It does not really matter to me. It is also why I don't play the harder modes in Fire Emblem. The fight itself still lasted a while, you needed to at least pay some attention and it had that cool climatic ending. It was a refreshing change of pace as a final enemy while Dheginsea would just have been another end-game dragon amongst a sea of them. He always felt bland to me. 

I also liked Idunn better despite her fight being a joke.

If a boss fight is memorable because of how hard it is, I'd give the medal to the Julius/Ishtar tandem assault or perhaps Reinhardt's charge in Thracia. 

If the enemy is really damned cool or gives me a really hard time, it's a memorable fight. Dheginhansea was both and Ashera was neither.

No meta analysis necessary. Just the fact that Dheginhansea gave me a hard time (and those were the reasons why) and Ashera didn't (and those were the reasons why). I had three people to beat on Dheginhansea (and a massive rescue train operation) and eight or so for Ashera.