Require some help in creating new classes

Shrish

Hi all, just want to preface that this is my first post on this forum, YAY!

Anyway, on to the question, I was wondering if anyone could help me in the final steps of creating a new class.  To be clear, I already moved to the class table and have no problem inserting any of my animations, I simply require some help on putting all of my stuff together in nightmare (funny, I thought nightmare was the easy part).

All help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

(And yes, I did read the ultimate tutorial, I need something a bit more in depth and handholdy  because I'm dumb)

Edited by Shrish

Im going to explain everything just in case you may need extra help.

- Im going to start from the bottom up, it will be easier to explain. (Leave separator alone) 'Animation Played' is what animation will play, if later conditions are met.

- 'All weapons or a certain one' mean that all weapons of a certain type (swords, lances, axes, etc) will play a certain animation. For right now leave it at 'all weapon for a weapon type'.

- 'Weapon Type' is similar to the second one, only difference is this is where you pick the actual weapon type.(again swords, lances, axes, etc.) For the dropdowns just look at the left (all swords, all spears, etc.) 

I know that I was a little difficult to understand so if you have any questions just let me know. 

Alright, I think I got the custom battle animation editor down. If you don't mind me asking, could you also explain creating the class in the class editor? For example, how do I get the class description and name for the class? I assume it has to do editing the text in FEditor, but I don't know.

Yes you are right. There are multiple and more reliable ways of editing texts(mostly because of random crashes and bugs, though it doesn't happen often), but this one is the most simple. 

If you open a non text edited rom into FEeditor and you go to the text editor you should see two hex numbers. 0001 and 133D. As you can tell 0001 is the text you are viewing and 133D is the most amount of text Id you have in the game.

If you want to increase the amount of text in the rom increase 133D to the wanted number.(133F) On the input index you should be able to go to number 133F now. Now simply start inserting your text. Once you are done save your progress.

To make the change appear in game, we now have to go to nightmare and insert the numbers where it say Class Name or Class Description. Save that and the new text should be in the game.

Also make sure that both nightmare and FEeditor are not open at the same time with the same rom. You could lose a lot of data if one saves and the other doesn't.