Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

Addam and Mythra's relationship one of the things I'm looking forward to the most, so I'm excited to see where it goes.

Today's update features Minoth, better known in the present day as Cole.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The website for Torna - The Golden Country has been updated. Besides summarizing the settings, characters, and features we know about thus far, it also shows that you can download the standalone version from the eShop.

The Xenoblade twitter also gave us a look at the full party and the titans Torna (which according to the website has five regions) and Gormott.

And here are Jin and Lora's descriptions from Nintendo UK:

"The protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country is Jin. He's the strongest Blade in Torna, but he dislikes pointless fighting and actually has quite a mellow disposition. Sound a little different to the Jin you knew in the main game?"

"Jin's Driver, Lora, makes a living amidst the ravages of war by working as a mercenary in Torna - The Golden Country. Lora's been together with Jin since she was a child, so by now they're in perfect sync!"

On 9-8-2018 at 11:27 PM, Armagon said:

DkI_z-VVAAASolI.png

They revealed Hugo's official art today,

I can't believe Hugo did it to 'em.

We also have the Ardainian soldiers from 500 years ago

DkJtmBMU8AArbeG.jpg

Wow, Hugo looks more like Morgan than even Nial. That artwork wouldn't be out of place in Heroes as a Morgan alt. 

And yes! More soldiers to go ''Dunt forget me!'' 

On 8/9/2018 at 5:27 PM, Armagon said:

DkI_z-VVAAASolI.png

They revealed Hugo's official art today,

I can't believe Hugo did it to 'em.

We also have the Ardainian soldiers from 500 years ago

DkJtmBMU8AArbeG.jpg

So hey, I was right; if modern day Mor Ardain is Austria-Hungary and Imperial Germany, past Mor Ardain seems to be taking inspiration from the Holy Roman Empire. Really cool aesthetic.

Nintendo released a short teaser of Golden Country

It's the first time we hear Hugo's English voice except it's not because it's literally just Niall's voice. Same voice actor.

Oh and yesterday, they showed us young Mikhail

DkOrXQ5UcAEGSWR.png

I finally got that copy of this game I ordered months ago! Calling customer service for GameStop about it paid off!

Going to start playing it now, hopefully I really enjoy it. The Torna: The Golden Country expansion looks really cool too, also can't wait to dig into that later on when I feel willing to shell out a bit more money for it.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I finally got that copy of this game I ordered months ago! Calling customer service for GameStop about it paid off!

Going to start playing it now, hopefully I really enjoy it. The Torna: The Golden Country expansion looks really cool too, also can't wait to dig into that later on when I feel willing to shell out a bit more money for it.

Nice! Have fun and good luck.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Good luck with the RNG... 

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

RNG for what exactly?

To obtain new Blades, you awaken them from Core Crystals. The Blade you get is random and there are two categories: Common and Rare. Common Blades have generic designs and names. Rare Blades have unique designs names. You'll never get a repeat Rare Blade so you don't have to worry about repeats. The rarest Rare Blade is KOS-MOS, who has a .714% chance of appearing under the most optimal conditions. 

That being said, you don't need every Blade to progress the story. Throughout the story, you'll come across mandatory Field Skill checks. Provided you've been filling out Affinity Charts, you should get past these with no problem as the story will give you the Blades you need to pass those Field Skill checks (you still need to awaken some of them though so be sure to awaken them and while some can't be awakened right away, be sure to do so ASAP). In other words, it's entirely possible to go through the game without ever awakening Blades from random Core Crystals and only using the Blades the story gives you.

Some Blades obtained outside the story are also guaranteed pulls. You'll usually get these from quests.

Edited by Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To obtain new Blades, you awaken them from Core Crystals. The Blade you get is random and there are two categories: Common and Rare. Common Blades have generic designs and names. Rare Blades have unique designs names. You'll never get a repeat Rare Blade so you don't have to worry about repeats. The rarest Rare Blade is KOS-MOS, who has a .714% chance of appearing under the most optimal conditions. 

That being said, you don't need every Blade to progress the story. Throughout the story, you'll come across mandatory Field Skill checks. Provided you've been filling out Affinity Charts, you should get past these with no problem as the story will give you the Blades you need to pass those Field Skill checks (you still need to awaken some of them though so be sure to awaken them and while some can't be awakened right away, be sure to do so ASAP). In other words, it's entirely possible to go through the game without ever awakening Blades from random Core Crystals and only using the Blades the story gives you.

Some Blades obtained outside the story are also guaranteed pulls. You'll usually get these from quests.

Isn’t there also some sort of pity system for certain rare blades in the game? I recall hearing that at one point.

8 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Isn’t there also some sort of pity system for certain rare blades in the game? I recall hearing that at one point.

There is but i don't have the information of it with me at the moment. But yeah, there is a pity system for certain Blades.

In other news, we'll be getting new Golden Country footage by the end of the week.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh, okay, I see now. Damn, that is seriously low odds on that particular blade though. o_O

The gacha crystals are definitely the worst part, but pity pulls do mean you'll get a few. Plus one of the non-RNG freebies you get in the early mid-game is one of the best of the bunch too. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The game really sinks its hooks in once you get past a little clumsy map design early on. Don't be ashamed if you feel lost. I think everyone did.

DlGXN-iVAAA5Sui.png

It's the King of Torna and also Addam's father. Despite his intimidating appearance, he's on the side of our heroes. He looks like a cross between Dunban and Dickson from Xenoblade Chronicles and he also resembles Khan Wong from Xenogears.

latest?cb=20150601121911

Well, I can see this game's story has some crazy plot twists already.

Spoiler

I got Pyra, but the moments right before that...Jesus Christ. Jin literally became a back-stabber.

Also, Gramps/Azurda's...transformation lolwut. Haven't gotten any farther than that yet. Been contemplating playing more right now or playing another game for a bit.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I can see this game's story has some crazy plot twists already.

Hide contents

I got Pyra, but the moments right before that...Jesus Christ. Jin literally became a back-stabber.

Also, Gramps/Azurda's...transformation lolwut. Haven't gotten any farther than that yet. Been contemplating playing more right now or playing another game for a bit.

Love how Xenoblade throws this curveball. 

Spoiler

Xenoblade 1, I was convinced that Dunban had to die since he was the previous wielder of the Monado. He didn't die in the initial fight, so when he next fought with us, I felt he had to die there so that Shulk could inherit the Monado. 

But NOPE! He survived and became a party member later on. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Love how Xenoblade throws this curveball. 

Hide contents

Xenoblade 1, I was convinced that Dunban had to die since he was the previous wielder of the Monado. He didn't die in the initial fight, so when he next fought with us, I felt he had to die there so that Shulk could inherit the Monado. 

But NOPE! He survived and became a party member later on. 

Heh. I think Dragoncat told something about that. I know she showed me a cutscene where Dunban reappears.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So question to everyone: 

Do Pyra's boobs in cutscenes look a little unnatural to any of you at times? Cause it really feels weird to me when I see it. Like they just don't work.

Actually, I kinda agree with that. They did render her boobs weird in cutscenes. I also wish her shorts covered a bit more of her. But otherwise, I think she has a pretty nice design and I like that she has literal fire power because I like fire. ^^

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, I kinda agree with that. They did render her boobs weird in cutscenes. I also wish her shorts covered a bit more of her. But otherwise, I think she has a pretty nice design and I like that she has literal fire power because I like fire. ^^

Okay good, so it wasn't just me. And yeah, they did go a little overboard on the fanservice here. She's wearing about as much as Camilla, to be honest. Love the fight scenes though. Props to the animation team.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Okay good, so it wasn't just me. And yeah, they did go a little overboard on the fanservice here. She's wearing about as much as Camilla, to be honest. Love the fight scenes though. Props to the animation team.

Nah, Camilla's wearing less imo. Her boobs are spilling out of her top while Pyra is actually at least completely covered there, the rendering is just bad. And Pyra isn't in just panties. Her shorts are just...very short.

However, I've looked up pics of other Blades in the game before and...one or two DID look as fanservicey as Camilla. But it doesn't look like this game throws the fanservice at you as badly as Fates does. And it's only a big problem to me if I get it thrown in my face a lot. Let me ignore it if I want to.

Edited by Anacybele