Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, Camilla's wearing less imo. Her boobs are spilling out of her top while Pyra is actually at least completely covered there, the rendering is just bad. And Pyra isn't in just panties. Her shorts are just...very short.

Actually, looking at the designs, Camilla is actually wearing more:

latest?cb=20170413013028latest?cb=20171110014440

Camilla is only considered more revealing because, well, she shows off the more fanservicy parts right up in our faces in the cutscenes. Pyra's isn't shoved down our throats as much, but looking at it overall, she's actually wearing less. 

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, looking at the designs, Camilla is actually wearing more:

latest?cb=20170413013028latest?cb=20171110014440

Camilla is only considered more revealing because, well, she shows off the more fanservicy parts right up in our faces in the cutscenes. Pyra's isn't shoved down our throats as much, but looking at it overall, she's actually wearing less. 

What I meant though, is that yeah, Camilla is wearing less over her lady/fanservicey parts. Also, Pyra is less busty too.

Just now, Anacybele said:

What I meant though, is that yeah, Camilla is wearing less over her lady/fanservicey parts. Also, Pyra is less busty too.

Mhm. Though the cutscenes tend to feel like they're exaggerating. Though Pyra isn't the worst of it.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Mhm. Though the cutscenes tend to feel like they're exaggerating. Though Pyra isn't the worst of it.

I see. I can believe that, given some of the other Blades I've seen pics of. But it looks like for the most part, designs aren't real fanservicey. Just a few.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

she also has weapon triangle advantage over Camilla

i think Pyra’s fine, there’s bigger offenders of fan service in the game then her.

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

i think Pyra’s fine, there’s bigger offenders of fan service in the game then her.

Haha, true.

Yeah, true.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I like her too. She has arguably the best development. 

She is amazing 

Ana don’t click it’s about a character you haven’t met 

Spoiler

Poppi is a very close 2nd. How exactly did they make the ROBOT character one of if not they most human characters in the game??

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

And one very big offender of fan disservice when it comes to that weird naked bunny girl. The fan service is probably my biggest gripe with the game. Aside from a pokemon and a tiny handful of rather bland males almost all the optional blades are at least some form of waifu. Even one of the males blades is a waifu. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And one very big offender of fan disservice when it comes to that weird naked bunny. The fan service is probably my biggest gripe with the game. Aside from a pokemon and a tiny handful of rather bland males almost all the optional blades are at least some form of waifu. Even one of the males blades is a waifu. 

I’m probably in the VAST minority here 

but the fan service.. really doesn’t bother me. I’m just indifferent to it. 

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

I’m probably in the VAST minority here 

but the fan service.. really doesn’t bother me. I’m just indifferent to it. 

I'm not really against it out of principle or anything. My main problem is that it negatively affects the variety of the optional blades since what you pull is almost inevitably going to be a waifu. 

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

She is amazing 

Ana don’t click it’s about a character you haven’t met 

Reveal hidden contents

Poppi is a very close 2nd. How exactly did they make the ROBOT character one of if not they most human characters in the game??

Spoiler

Oh, I absolutely LOVE her. They really made Poppi be an AI essentially and have so much human aspects in her that it makes me love her. The ending though, SHIT, I wanted to hug her.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm not really against it out of principle or anything. My main problem is that it negatively affects the variety of the optional blades since what you pull is almost inevitably going to be a waifu. 

It does hurt the blade variety I will give you that 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh, I absolutely LOVE her. They really made Poppi be an AI essentially and have so much human aspects in her that it makes me love her. The ending though, SHIT, I wanted to hug her.

Spoiler

I KNOW!! She’s also SUPER fun to use because of her insane customizability!

the ending made me want to hug her.

also That part where Poppi was fighting Lila was great 

Now that everyone is talking favorites. For the earlier party members its definitely Bromarch. He seems like a sweet old granpa with an epic voice.

As for later members. We'll its very hard to top....

Spoiler

Morgag. She's such a baddass. Morag's probably what Lucina will be like when she's older and more mature. 

12 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

It does hurt the blade variety I will give you that 

Reveal hidden contents

I KNOW!! She’s also SUPER fun to use because of her insane customizability!

the ending made me want to hug her.

also That part where Poppi was fighting Lila was great 

Spoiler

Oh yeah. And Poppi QTπ is awesome too. Possibly the strongest Blade in the game. 

No wait, that's Pandoria. Nothing beats Owain- I mean Zeke's Shining Eye of Justice. XD

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Now that everyone is talking favorites. For the earlier party members its definitely Bromarch. He seems like a sweet old granpa with an epic voice.

As for later members. We'll its very hard to top....

Reveal hidden contents

Morgag. She's such a baddass. Morag's probably what Lucina will be like when she's older and more mature. 

Spoiler

Now I'm imagining Lucina trying to cook and panicking when the fish's eyes stare at her. XD

Spoiler

This game's great characters are definitely bogged down by fanservice. I really came to care for them all by the end and it kept me going but I feel like the game undermined itself by having Pyra dramatically swing her chest around while standing idly, or Nia's revelation while donning yet another unimaginative swimsuit, or the fact that Poppi's evolution all kind of funneled into very samey, high cut swimsuit armor that everyone else had. Plus the whole thing with certain blades like Dahlia having OK art but really badly done 3D renders, or Theory having a childlike body but they still did things like put holes in her outfit for boob and butt ventilation while her official art contorts to show off both at the same time. I like sexy, but this game doesn't know how to leverage it. Like Camilla from Fates, the execution here of trying to make sexy characters is trying way too hard to show all the bits. And then it came at the cost of the game having a really hard time finding its identity until you made it considerably far in the game.

Unlike Pyra, I'm not that bothered by Mythra unless the camera is kind of upshotting up her skirt. I think her design would have been better if she didn't have boob holes but the outfit is more cohesive to me, rather than booty shorts with whale tail and reverse support up top while still having gravity defying honkers. Pneuma is the best of them though, shame she's more extra...

Still, I really like Nia, Morag, Poppi, and Zeke so much. I kinda got over how much I disliked Rex and Pyra/Mythra's designs to be invested in their story, even though I really dislike the whole shotacon vibe Rex has going on. Tora could fall off a cliff and not come back and I wouldn't miss him. The designs for Torna: The Golden Country seem promising for not undermining the tone of the story.

11 hours ago, Samias said:
  Hide contents

This game's great characters are definitely bogged down by fanservice. I really came to care for them all by the end and it kept me going but I feel like the game undermined itself by having Pyra dramatically swing her chest around while standing idly, or Nia's revelation while donning yet another unimaginative swimsuit, or the fact that Poppi's evolution all kind of funneled into very samey, high cut swimsuit armor that everyone else had. Plus the whole thing with certain blades like Dahlia having OK art but really badly done 3D renders, or Theory having a childlike body but they still did things like put holes in her outfit for boob and butt ventilation while her official art contorts to show off both at the same time. I like sexy, but this game doesn't know how to leverage it. Like Camilla from Fates, the execution here of trying to make sexy characters is trying way too hard to show all the bits. And then it came at the cost of the game having a really hard time finding its identity until you made it considerably far in the game.

Unlike Pyra, I'm not that bothered by Mythra unless the camera is kind of upshotting up her skirt. I think her design would have been better if she didn't have boob holes but the outfit is more cohesive to me, rather than booty shorts with whale tail and reverse support up top while still having gravity defying honkers. Pneuma is the best of them though, shame she's more extra...

Still, I really like Nia, Morag, Poppi, and Zeke so much. I kinda got over how much I disliked Rex and Pyra/Mythra's designs to be invested in their story, even though I really dislike the whole shotacon vibe Rex has going on. Tora could fall off a cliff and not come back and I wouldn't miss him. The designs for Torna: The Golden Country seem promising for not undermining the tone of the story.

Yeah, there are some designs that are downright too forceful. 

Spoiler

Dhalia puts Camilla to shame. She puts CHARLOTTE to shame.

Besides the new information on The Golden Country, they also revealed that Elma and the new Rare Blade are releasing shortly.

Edited by Lightchao42

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There she is. And it looks like she brought Uncontrollable with her too.

Xenoblade 2: Everyone is Here (except Fei because Square Enix)

Wait, am I able to get her? I bought the DLC, but not sure if she would be included in it. 

Here we have some new gameplay from Torna. You can see some fights, the town of Torna and the camp system in action. Its confirmed we only got 3 characters to play as, Lora, Adam and not Morgan. Each of them has two blades: Lora got Haze and Jin, Adam has Mythra and Cole, and not Morgan has the Mor Ardain blades.