Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

18 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Wait, am I able to get her? I bought the DLC, but not sure if she would be included in it. 

If you bought the DLC, you get everything it has to offer, including Elma. Unlike Shulk and Fiora, you have to fight her first. But the trailer shows that she joins.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The patch is out now. Here are the patch notes for 1.5.2:

Spoiler

Changes and New Features
Added functionality to receive Corvin, the third and final round of rare blades from the Expansion Pass.

• A core crystal is available that will guarantee bonding with Corvin. Corvin possess the following characteristics:
  • Weapon type: Uchigatana
  • Element: Light
  • Role: Defense
  • Drivers bonded with Corvin become able to use an art with the reaction “Smash.”

Added functionality to the Expansion Pass to receive new challenges for the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” called “Otherworldly Fighter” and “Poisoned Paradise.”

• “Otherworldly Fighter” features a battle against Elma, from the game Xenoblade Chronicles X. Clearing this challenge will allow Elma to join your party as a blade.
  • Pressing the R and Minus buttons at the same time when all three bars of Elma’s party gauge are full will consume all three bars and engage her Overdrive ability.
  • While Overdrive is active, a counter is applied to all attack arts and specials that hit. As the counter goes up, the effect of the following three bonuses increases: damage boost, an Arts recharge boost from auto-attacks, and a decrease in enemy resistance to reactions and combos.
  • Add this challenge by selecting the following options from the main menu: Expansion Pass, Gift from Zuo 3, Nopon Summons, Pt. 2. The challenge is available from Chapter 6 onward.

“Flawless Noponstone” has been added as an item available from treasure chests in the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” of the Expansion Pass.

• To make this item available, select the following options from the main menu: Expansion Pass, Gift from Zuo 3, Nopon Invitation, Pt. 2.
  • Flawless Noponstones can be earned during any of the challenges.

Added items that can be acquired in exchange for Flawless Noponstones to the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” section of the Expansion Pass.

• Some of these items will slightly alter character outfits. Included in these items are “swimsuits” that will aid in completing the challenge “Poisoned Paradise.”
  • Certain items for Nia and Zeke will become available from Chapter 8 onward. (These items will be available from the start when playing New Game Plus.)
  • Mòrag’s swimsuit may cause her hairstyle to change in certain event scenes.

A Pouch Item Emporium and Noponstone exchanger have also been added to the “Challenge Battle: Nopondemonium” section of the Expansion Pass.

• Noponstones can be exchanged for Flawless Noponstones using the Noponstone exchanger.

The track “Uncontrollable” from Xenoblade Chronicles X has been added to the options available when choosing which music will play during battles with unique monsters via the “Special BGM” selection.

• To listen to the Special BGM tracks, the blade Elma, available via the Expansion Pass, must already be added to the party.
  • When Elma and either Shulk or Fiora are in the party, the BGM for the blade engaged with the player character will be given priority.
  • When Elma and Shulk or Fiora are of the same priority, the BGM that plays will be selected at random.

We finally have swimsuits, now we are truly anime!

Edited by Lightchao42

It's nice that they got Caitlin Glass back to voice Elma, this being is a British dub I wasn't sure if they would.

I also liked all the meta references once Elma joins the party, like Elma and the party getting mixed up between BLADEs and Blades, Elma pointing out that Mira also has a Nopon named Tora, and Brighid noting that Elma pronounces "Nopon" differently from everyone else. Not to mention that the Nopon Archsage admits to bringing them together just to make his fanfics real.

And on the Torna story trailer

Spoiler

Is this an End of Evangelion reference?

My main interest is the scene at the end with Mythra screaming bloody murder (good work Skye). Will she inadvertently cause mass destruction/killing loads of people while fighting Black Siren (either being unable to stop Black Siren or losing control of her power and doing it herself) and have a mental breakdown as a result? I also think this incident is the main catalyst for Mythra's bitterness/self-loathing during XC2 proper, her creation of Pyra, and Addam fearful enough to go along with it (I don't believe the "Mythra's fear of her power was inherited by Addam when he awakened her" theory).

The Golden Country can't come soon enough!

Edited by Lightchao42

I watched that trailer earlier, it looks great as usual. :D

Also, I swear Jin looks like Zihark from the FE Tellius games if Zihark had white hair. lol Also, is it just me, or is that red haired girl basically a stolen Hinoka design? :/ She looks extremely similar.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I swear Jin looks like Zihark from the FE Tellius games if Zihark had white hair. lol Also, is it just me, or is that red haired girl basically a stolen Hinoka design? :/ She looks extremely similar.

I definitely get the impression that the writers of this game might have had someone that liked Fire Emblem.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I definitely get the impression that the writers of this game might have had someone that liked Fire Emblem.

Or at least just really liked Hinoka... xP But not a big deal to me, I like her a lot myself. :P

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Lots of characters take their cue's from Fire Emblem characters. Jin is Zihark, Lora is Hinoka, Nial and Hugo are Morgan, Aegeon stole Ryoma's coat and I'm pretty sure there's even more that slip my mind right now. 

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lots of characters take their cue's from Fire Emblem characters. Jin is Zihark, Lora is Hinoka, Nial and Hugo are Morgan, Aegeon stole Ryoma's coat and I'm pretty sure there's even more that slip my mind right now. 

Well, looks like omegaxis1 is right and someone at Monolith Soft really does like FE a lot in general. :P

I guess I should mention that I finally got my hands on XC2 just recently. I know as a self-proclaimed Xenoblade fan it's pretty much a crime that I jumped in so late, but I'm not made of money so let's don't dwell on that. I haven't gotten very far in the game just yet, but I will say that I do think it's a good game. However, the shift in art style and narrative tone compared to the other games has been jarring to me so far, the amount of stuff copy pasted from other games feels like lazy pandering(character names, monsters, etc.), and the gatcha pull system for summoning new blades can go die in a fire. Maybe I've just gotten off on the wrong foot with XC2 and need to lighten up a bit on my criticisms, which in all honesty is mostly made of small nitpicks or personal preferences rather than big issues at this point.

I am still having fun despite my issues and am looking forward to playing through the rest of the game.

Overdrive+Corvin+Crit heal is absolutely broken. I just solo'd every Superboss with that build except Gladiator Orion and Chickenheart Dagmara, because they are evasion tanks and Corvin is an evasion tank and i usually die first.

@TheGoodHoms glad you could finally get the game. Here's some tips: If you ever feel that battles are going a bit slow, use some pouch items. They provide benefits during battle that really help. And when you can, buy every item from each store (you might have to do some merc missions first before every item becomes avaliable). Doing so will let you buy the deed to said store that grants passives both in and out of battle. 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Overdrive+Corvin+Crit heal is absolutely broken. I just solo'd every Superboss with that build except Gladiator Orion and Chickenheart Dagmara, because they are evasion tanks and Corvin is an evasion tank and i usually die first.

Spoiler

Haven't awakened Corvin yet despite getting the Core Crystal. Debating who to give him to, since Rex naturally gets him after becoming a Master Driver.

Also, I finally got Obrona, the last random Torna Blade, so all I'm missing is Mikhail. 

They are with Rex and Nia only so far. I have several Overdrive Protocols to use, so any idea whom I should give each Torna Blade to?

26 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

@Armagon Thank for the tips. I'll keep that in mind moving forward. Also what would you recommend doing to make easy money if buying up all the shops gets expensive(that is if that ever becomes an issue at all)?

You can start doing this trick once you reach Mor Ardain in Ch.4

Pretty useful, not just for buying deeds but for increasing region development (dev goes up way faster than in previous Xenoblade games) and also buying the Inherited Core Crystal in Torigoth Market, which gives you the Rare Blade Sheba.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Haven't awakened Corvin yet despite getting the Core Crystal. Debating who to give him to, since Rex naturally gets him after becoming a Master Driver.

Also, I finally got Obrona, the last random Torna Blade, so all I'm missing is Mikhail. 

They are with Rex and Nia only so far. I have several Overdrive Protocols to use, so any idea whom I should give each Torna Blade to?

Corvin is great on anyone, mainly because he gives everyone a Smash Art. Really useful for Nia since she lacks a Smash Art and Zeke, who has a Smash Art with Megalance Blades but it's incredibly slow so he never gets to use it. But again, Corvin is great on anyone.

Spoiler

As for the Torna Blades, i say just give them to whoever. Obrona gives Morag a heal Art for some reason.

Edited by Armagon

I've finished Ursula's quest and (as of two weeks ago) now have every rare Blade, hooray.

Also apparently there is a glitch in version 1.5.2 that leaves some quests impossible to continue if you finish certain battles with a Blade Special, Blade Combo, or Chain Attack, in which case the cutscene that's supposed to follow will not play. This can be avoided by finishing the battles with normal attacks instead. It impacts the following quests:

Spoiler
  • Flames of Justice (Godfrey’s Blade Quest)
  • Failure and Success (Perceval’s Blade Quest)
  • Lost Kingdom (Dagas's Blade Quest)
  • Blade-Sharp Memory (Praxis’ Blade Quest), along with Pest Control 3 (related quest that’s part of this Blade Quest)
  • Eternal Spirit (Perun’s Blade Quest)
  • Limits of Awareness (Adenine’s Blade Quest)
  • A Real Challenge (Zenobia’s Blade Quest)
  • Nature Boy (Floren’s Blade Quest), along with Unspoke Suspicion (related quest)
  • The Calm and the Storm (Herald’s Blade Quest)
  • Lingering Resentment (T-elos’s Blade Quest)
  • Mellica the Chorister (regular Quest)
  • The Riddle on the Wall (regular Quest)

It is due to be fixed in version 2.0, which will release alongside Torna ~ The Golden Country on on September 14th.

Edited by Lightchao42

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I've finished Ursula's quest and (as of two weeks ago) now have every rare Blade, hooray.

Oh god, that quest is the WORST! It's the one, single quest I might never try to do again in New Game PLus.

Thanks for the heads up on the glitch.

I'm unfortunately stuck in the Titan ship at Gormott... >_< I rescued Nia and Dromarch, but now I'm supposed to reach an upper deck above a locked door so I can open said door and escape. I've been running everywhere trying to find a way up there and I can't seem to. I see a doorway on the deck, but the map shows that the route to it is in the room that I'm currently trying to unlock the door to. xP

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh god, that quest is the WORST! It's the one, single quest I might never try to do again in New Game PLus.

I mean, it's tedious, yes, but it's a Godsend when it comes to filling out Affinity Charts of other Blades. Any time a Blade asks me to use a special x amount of times, i just send them off to Ursula's New Groove.

Unless it's something specific, like make certain items (Vess' Affinity Chart is hated because of this), Ursula's New Groove is like, the best way to fill out Blade Affinity Charts because of how fast those merc missions can be completed.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks for the heads up on the glitch.

I'm unfortunately stuck in the Titan ship at Gormott... >_< I rescued Nia and Dromarch, but now I'm supposed to reach an upper deck above a locked door so I can open said door and escape. I've been running everywhere trying to find a way up there and I can't seem to. I see a doorway on the deck, but the map shows that the route to it is in the room that I'm currently trying to unlock the door to. xP

There's a third floor to the Titan Battleship. You rescued Nia on the second floor so find the stairs to the third floor (east side of the second floor) to get to the third floor. From there, go right and you should come across a circular area called the battle command. Keep going right untill you come to a branching path. You should see a drawbridge but don't worry about it for now. From there, go up and you should see the stairs that lead back down into the upper deck to unlock the door. 

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a third floor to the Titan Battleship. You rescued Nia on the second floor so find the stairs to the third floor (east side of the second floor) to get to the third floor. From there, go right and you should come across a circular area called the battle command. Keep going right untill you come to a branching path. You should see a drawbridge but don't worry about it for now. From there, go up and you should see the stairs that lead back down into the upper deck to unlock the door.

Yeah, I haven't seen any stairs to the third floor... That's what I've been trying to find.

I don't recall getting stuck there, but I do recall the map being a bit of a problem at times. If its really hard to find you could always try to look up a video walkthrough online so you can follow their steps.

Edited by Sasori

6 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I don't recall getting stuck there, but I do recall the map being a bit of a problem at times. If its really hard to find you could always try to look up a video walkthrough online so you can follow their steps.

Ah, yeah, good idea.

So I just now watched the gamecom presentation of torna the golden country and still I wonder what the physical edition will have just the story or it will also include the full expansion pass (quests, items, blades, challenge mode). As I want to get the expansion pass however I am not good with online payment stuff and I like having the games in retail. Can someone clarify this a bit please? Also I am melting to see Elma shulk and rex together.

51 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I just now watched the gamecom presentation of torna the golden country and still I wonder what the physical edition will have just the story or it will also include the full expansion pass (quests, items, blades, challenge mode). As I want to get the expansion pass however I am not good with online payment stuff and I like having the games in retail. Can someone clarify this a bit please? Also I am melting to see Elma shulk and rex together.

The physical version of Torna ~ The Golden Country contains Torna on a cartridge and a download code for the rest of Xenoblade 2's DLC. You don't need to own Xenoblade 2 to play Torna (and as such it is not included), but the Expansion Pass is only usable with the base game. You can look up more on the website if you want.

Edited by Lightchao42