Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

So what are your favorite blades? Least favorite?

My favorite so far are Dagas, Corvin, Aegeaon, Brighid, Adenine, Dromarch, and Wulfric.

I dislike Ursula, Nim, Zenobia, Finch, Electra, and Azami.

Though I am unfortunately missing out on a lot of the personality because they tied regular exploration dialogue to the same slider as the excessive battle dialogue.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

So what are your favorite blades? Least favorite?

Among the favorites are Ursula, KOS-MOS, T-elos, Crossette, Gorg, Corvin (though mainly because breaks with his incrediably broken skills), Zenobia and Agate. On the subject of T-elos, i like her better than her Xenosaga Episode III counterpart.

My least favorites are Nim and Dahlia and while i kinda like Dahlia's personality, her design is super bad. Nim, i just despise. She's a visual mess and is also furry bait.

On a side note, while i like Ursula, i hate her sidequest. Specifically, playing through it. Merc Missions were a mistake.

Edit: i like all the Story Blades, i was just talking about the Rare Blades.

Edited by Armagon

Favorites: KOS-MOS, T-ELOS, Crossette, Perun, Adenine, Zenobia, all the story blades, Patroka, Elma, Shulk, Fiora and due to Torna, Jin. (Most of these I like due to their grat combat capabilities but some like Crosette, Adenine, and Perun I like for their characters or memories as the latter two were my main blades on Rex until I got into post game optimization.)

Least favorites: Nim, Azami, Dahlia, Floren (characterwise).

Definitely Malos and Mythra but that would be a little bit too predictable. 

I found myself pretty much immediately being drawn by Dromarch. I'm a fan of the elderly butler type and throughout the story Dromach acted as a kind, stuffy gentleman. He's also really sweet to Nia, often taking care of her and shielding her with his body multiple times.  

In Xenoblade 2 I dismissed Aegeaon as a boring blade who said boring things. He was a nice accessory for Morag but nothing for. Then Torna came along and made the stoic Samurai do funny things like being a complete womanizer and having him try and baby Hugo despite him being a very capable adult. Aegeaon's growth in Torna made him among my favorite blades as a result. 

19 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Honestly I would have appreciated to see the blades put in a spoiler because there are blades mentioned I know from other games.

KOS-MOS and T-elos have no bearing on the plot. KOS-MOS is also THE rarest Blade and it's likely you'll go through the whole game without getting her.

Shulk, Fiora and Elma are DLC and also have no bearing on the plot.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Done with chapter 3.

Unfortunately I had a certain foresight what would go to happen with Vandham.

Anyways Mythra reminds me on Milla Maxwell somehow.

Him not being able to bond with blades was pretty telling. Yet another reason why generic blades should have been removed.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Him not being able to bond with blades was pretty telling. Yet another reason why generic blades should have been removed.

Honestly I have not noticed it.

At least his blade returned... however Roc did not open the path due to lack on skill level. :(

Have I to rest or to do these mercenary quests to increase it?

2 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Honestly I have not noticed it.

At least his blade returned... however Roc did not open the path due to lack on skill level. :(

Have I to rest or to do these mercenary quests to increase it?

Roc's Ether Dispel skill should've unlocked when you got him. If not, just check on his Affinity Chart to see what you need to do. I think it's Merc Missions but i don't remember.

I just have noticed that this game is influenced by gacha mechanics.
The blades have a rarity I have not paid attention yet because I have not really summoned any blades yet.
Just had to do it to make progress in the story and I noticed it there.
Anyways I have one 5* blade which is not story related.

I have a serious problem right now:
I am doing the Mor Ardain factory right now and cannot make progress due to a locked a door in very beginning because Mythra's focus level is not high enough.

So I checked out the skill tree what to do. 
It tells me to pouch four desserts.
I bought multiple things from stores with the cake-icon, but none of these improved her progress.
It is still 0 / 4.
(she is a equipped blade and does not take part on any mercenary quests)

On the other hand Poppi could increase her skill level by giving her staple food four times.
I do not know what to do right now.

15 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

I am doing the Mor Ardain factory right now and cannot make progress due to a locked a door in very beginning because Mythra's focus level is not high enough.

I bought multiple things from stores with the cake-icon, but none of these improved her progress.
It is still 0 / 4.

On the other hand Poppi could increase her skill level by giving her staple food four times.

You have to actually use them. Simpley buying them won't doing anything.

To use a pouch item, you have to select a Driver first. So to use pouch items on Mythra, you would do: select Rex -> select Pouch Setup -> select a pouch to put an item in.

Pouch items affect the Blades currently equipped on that Driver (so using Pouch Items on Rex to increase Poppi's Field Skills won't do anything, you would have to select Tora instead.)

By the way, there's an important difference in the Affinity Chart. Sometimes it may ask to use favorite pouch items. Other times it may ask to use a favorite pouch item. When it's singular, it requires a specific item from that catagory. When it's plural, it can be any item from that catagory.

You can always look this up on the Internet.

Edited by Armagon

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You have to actually use them. Simpley buying them won't doing anything.

To use a pouch item, you have to select a Driver first. So to use pouch items on Mythra, you would do: select Rex -> select Pouch Setup -> select a pouch to put an item in.

Pouch items affect the Blades currently equipped on that Driver (so using Pouch Items on Rex to increase Poppi's Field Skills won't do anything, you would have to select Tora instead.)

By the way, there's an important difference in the Affinity Chart. Sometimes it may ask to use favorite pouch items. Other times it may ask to use a favorite pouch item. When it's singular, it requires a specific item from that catagory. When it's plural, it can be any item from that catagory.

You can always look this up on the Internet.

Sorry for not being precise enough, but I put that item in Rex's bag and pouched it. As a result a heart icon next to Mythra triggered.

Mythra's favorite dessert shall be churros from Uraya which I bought there and gave her via above mentioned way.

Sure, google is the man's big friend, but I hoped to come out without for a only mainstory playthrough. It is a bit disappointing overall, no fan of this skill tree system, at least not of these conditions. Tales of Xillia 1 did it way better.

Edited by Necrofantasia

54 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

It is still 0 / 4.

Ah yeah that door. I had to spend some time unlocking the fieldskills for that door as well. I forgot that you could summon Wulfric for free and he comes with focus too. So having him in the party will help too.

24 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

Sorry for not being precise enough, but I put that item in Rex's bag and pouched it. As a result a heart icon next to Mythra triggered.

Mythra's favorite dessert shall be churros from Uraya which I bought there and gave her via above mentioned way.

As Magus said, if you're using Pouch Items but it's not affecting the Affinity Chart yet, then that means that the circle it's on hasn't unlocked.

Still though, i never got stuck on that part of the game. Have you awakend Wulfric from the Beastly Core Crystal yet? He should be ready by now. If you haven't, awaken him and equip him on someone. Field Skills stack.

5 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Did you unlock the 2nd affinity circle? You need to have enough bond to do so and then you can start working on the nodes from that circle.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

As Magus said, if you're using Pouch Items but it's not affecting the Affinity Chart yet, then that means that the circle it's on hasn't unlocked.

rSD6qyv.jpg
The first level is unlocked.
It is the skill focus what she needs to unlock this door.

5 hours ago, Sasori said:

Ah yeah that door. I had to spend some time unlocking the fieldskills for that door as well. I forgot that you could summon Wulfric for free and he comes with focus too. So having him in the party will help too.

I forgot that you could summon Wulfric for free and he comes with focus too. So having him in the party will help too.

No, I have not awakened Wulfric yet

What is a Beastly Core Crystal?
Because I do not see it in my inventory.

16 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

What is a Beastly Core Crystal?
Because I do not see it in my inventory.

Open menu -> Blades -> Awaken Blade -> Beastly Core Crystal.

You will always get this Core Crystal after the spider boss fight in Ch.3.

Pyra heard about the tradition of wearing yukata for the new year and decided to try one on for herself. Happy New Year from Monolith Soft!

Edited by Lightchao42