Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Pyra heard about the tradition of wearing yukata for the new year and decided to try one on for herself. Happy New Year from Monolith Soft!

I would love for this to be equippable in-game.

It's amazing how Monolith Soft went from "hello, here's our next title, Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U" to "WHAT'S UP FELLAS, YOU LOVE XENOBLADE, WE LOVE XENOBLADE, HERE'S MORE XENOBLADE".

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I really didn't like that stupid door in Mor Ardain. That you're required to have Mythra at very high affinity to progress despite having just unlocked her just seems like incredibly bad design. 

I think the game just expects you to have Wulfric at that point so that Focus can stack.

6 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

vI94Szp.jpg
Is there a certain way how to destroy the Aeshma core besides of destroying the electricity connection first?

Because my party dies despite being about ten levels above and having best possible equipment.

The power lines have spike defense when enraged, which means you take damage whenever you attack it. Aeshma’s Core heals faster than you can hurt it, so you need to destroy the power lines first.

The way around this is to use Chain Attacks: either build as many orbs as possible before the spike defense kicks in, or fill the party gauge by attacking Aeshma’s Core, Chain Attack the power lines when its full, and repeat until you win.

I heared items shall exist which reduces / negates spike damage.

Can someone give me an image of this item, please?

I cannot find this, probably because I am victim of a mistranslation once more. And there is no items which prevents any kind of counter damage or similar like that.

The term spike damage is absolutely unfitting and just causes confusion. Why isn't it just called reflection or counter damage?

The translation is really bad overall. That's why I need the picture of the item and not the name.

PS: Idc for all my doubleposts since they are still all separated game updates.

Edited by Necrofantasia

3 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

I heared items shall exist which reduces / negates spike damage.

Can someone give me an image of this item, please?

I cannot find this, probably because I am victim of a mistranslation once more. And there is no items which prevents any kind of counter damage or similar like that.

The term spike damage is absolutely unfitting and just causes confusion. Why isn't it just called reflection or counter damage?

The translation is really bad overall. That's why I need the picture of the item and not the name.

PS: Idc for all my doubleposts since they are still all separated game updates.

We can't really give you an image of the item since items don't have unique images.

Usually, it'd say something along the lines of "reduces spike damage by x %". I don't know if it's called spike damage in the version you are playing but if you see an item description that states it reduces damage but doesn't specify time (day or night) element (any of the eight elements) or attribute (physical vs ether), then it's likely a spike reducing item.

Question about the elite monster / human fights:
Do I get the same rewards when the opponent falls down a cliff (which means an early win)?
I have won this way in Tantal and I noticed to my disappointment that I have got like no experience and materials for that.

Anyways I have done chapter six and seen the turning point of this game.
I mean I am not that surprised because I kinda expected a character development of the protagonist.

Edited by Necrofantasia

34 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

Question about the elite monster / human fights:
Do I get the same rewards when the opponent falls down a cliff (which means an early win)?
I have won this way in Tantal and I noticed to my disappointment that I have got like no experience and materials for that.

I believe you still get experience from it but you don't get any of the loot because it fell too far unfortunately.

TTGC fixes this.

^ ah, suspected it

I think these optional bosses give rather items and money instead of experience anyways.

I think I have entered the worst part in the game:

Spoiler

The cave beneath Fontress

I greatly dislike this place for these reasons:

- no clear paths

- weaken blades

- bridges which break apart

- darkness

- poison water

- enemies everywhere including elite blades / monsters almost impossible to escape

I could not escape elite blade when jumping down. Had to try this path about ten times to get rid of it after running.

It is ok that the dungeon is complicated built, but combined with this huge amount of enemies which cannot be avoided due to awkward terrain and the weaken blades, it makes it become only tedious and annoying.

However I could beat a elite spider boss after about 15 minutes and several close death moments. Feels good!

Edited by Necrofantasia

3 hours ago, Roland said:

So where would you rank Xenoblade 2 in the trilogy of Xenoblade games?

I'd rank em like this:

1. Xenoblade 2
  2. Xenoblade
  3. Xenoblade X

1 > 2 > X. 1 is amazing, X is utter trash and 2 is comfortably in between.

Once more I am in trouble.

This time the boss in Morytha after the reunion had happened.

It can heal endlessy, but the worst part is it has an attack that can oneshot my entire party.

Idk what to do...

Btw I have an other question:

(Put it in spoiler for a reason)

Spoiler

Would Nia miss all the battle experience, if I used her as blade instead of driver?

Edited by Necrofantasia

5 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Btw I have an other question:

(Put it in spoiler for a reason)

Reveal hidden contents

Would Nia miss all the battle experience, if I used her as blade instead of driver?

Spoiler

No, but Nia's battle experience is converted to bonus experience, so you have to go to an inn to redeem it.

13 hours ago, Roland said:

So where would you rank Xenoblade 2 in the trilogy of Xenoblade games?

I'd rank em like this:

1. Xenoblade 2
  2. Xenoblade
  3. Xenoblade X

My rankings are basically that list in reverse order. XCX is my personal favorite because it's the one that feels the best to play, I get that people don't like the story and characters, but to me gameplay always comes first and in my opinion XCX is consistently the most fun. XC1 is the most well rounded game, everything it has going for it is at the very least decent, which says a lot about the game's overall quality. I haven't technically finished XC2, but I've gotten far enough in that I can say it's not going surpass the other two games, it's been a pretty jarring experience for me personally with a lot of highs and lows.

I am in no way saying your opinion is wrong. I just wanted to give my brief thoughts on the games too.

Ranking the Xenoblade games?...

1: Xenoblade Chronicles X - I gotta say this because of the gameplay and how it had me completely hooked. Yes, the main story is short and sorta sucks while the soundtrack takes a lot of adjusting to, but the sidequests, the gameplay, and the exploration was all top notch. I was addicted to X, getting clocking over 100 hours in a week or two of getting it. I may have over 200 hours clocked into X, which is way more than XC or XC2. I still want to get back to X at some point, and if it ever gets a port, I know I will happily pick up the port and replay through X again.

2: Xenoblade Chronicles - The original Xenoblade had a more epic story and a tale that I personally more enjoyed when compared to XC2. We have characters like Dunban and Melia who are some of the best characters in the XC series (in my opinion). The Mechon were interesting antagonists, and all the twists and turns of the original XC were amazing. I played the original on the Wii and years later watched an LP with updated textures, and man XC looked amazing when updated. I have more fond memories of XC than 2, which is why I rate it higher on my list.

3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - Gonna keep this one separate since it is essentially XC2.5. It greatly improved upon the battle system of 2 and streamlined Blades (the Blade system in 2 is not something I was real fond of). I loved the story of Lora and company despite knowing what happens later in the main game. Yes, it did have one major flaw in its story progression, but that aside Torna was superior in almost every aspect to the base title. (The base title has the superior postgame with all those Blades, challenge quests, and DLC quests.)

4: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - While 2 is in last place, it does not mean it was a bad title or that I did not enjoy it. I loved playing through XC2 and enjoying its soundtrack. XC2's "Boy meets Girl" storyline is more personal and about the journey to Elysium, which is okay, but I find other storylines more interesting. The characters were alright in XC2 and had more presence in the story, which was something I appreciated (in the original, they may show up predominantly for their arc and then are moved to the side for extra lines). Poppi, who I initially wrote off pre-release due to her design, ended up being my favorite character in XC2. I enjoyed the rest of the main cast as well (Nia, Tora, Morag, and Zeke).

Compared to the other games, XC2 had one black mark against it. I do not like the Blade system. Collecting Blades sucks, grinding out their Affinity sucks, and those damned Environmental Checks suck. Sure, XCX's main story and music may be considered a con, but I can overlook them (the main story is short and leaves us full of questions, while the music grew on me after a while). XC's original fluff sidequests may be considered crap, but I prefer them to XC2s' system of tossing them into Blade Affinities. Blades serve as a core gameplay mechanic in XC2, and while I got used to the system, I much prefer the previous entries. I deeply hope the next Xenoblade title does not use XC2's combat system (The improved Torna variant may be okay, but vanilla XC2 is a no).

On a positive note, I deeply appreciate how much stuff Xenoblade Chronicles 2 got after its release. There was so much DLC and the Challenges offer interesting battles and rewards, with the special Blades available there being awesome. While I never got to fully invest myself into postgame and the Challenges, I do hope one day to go back and try to experience the rest of what XC2 has to offer. There's a ton of content in here!

Edited by Sire

I can't fully judge X as i haven't played it and judging Xenoblade combat off of only footage is the worst thing you can do but here are my rankings

Xenoblade Chronicles 2/Torna ~ The Golden Country

I'm putting these two together because they are two sides of the same coin and they tend to succeed where the other lacks. Torna has an amazing battle system and it shows that the Xenoblade formula can work in a more condensed form. The sidequests are amazing, basically being at the level of Xenoblade X's sidequests, effectively setting a standard for good sidequests in the genre. However, the main cast, while good, isn't as good as Xenoblade 2's main cast. And that's where Xenoblade 2 comes in. It has a better main cast, more areas to explore and an overall better story but the combat isn't as refined and some QoL stuff is missing. The sidequests also aren't as good, even the Blade Quests don't top Torna's quests. 

However, the reason these two are at the top is because of the incrediable music, an amazing story and worldbuilding and the best cast of characters in the series (along with Malos being the best villain in all of Xeno imo). In addition, both Xenoblade 2 and Torna are the most "Xeno" out of all the Xenobpade titles. There's so much stuff that they share in common with Xenogears and the Xenosaga trilogy compared to any other Xenoblade game. Heck, Torna is basically a reimagining of what would've been Xenogears Episode 4. I don't just consider these two games to be the best Xenoblade games, i consider them to be the best Xeno games as a whole.

Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade Chronicles is a great game but is a bit dated. The graphics aren't as neat to look at, the combat is more archaic and the sidequests are the worst in the whole series, both in Xenoblade and Xeno. However, the story and characters are still great and the music is as wonderful as ever. The areas are also fun to explore and i personally feel they offered more exploration than Xenoblade 2 and Torna. That said, i feel people oversell how good the story and Shulk are. They are still great but they stumble a bit after the 80% mark. Personally, i found Xenoblade 2's story to be more consistent and Rex, basic motivations aside, to be a more compelling protaganist. But i still dropped 200 hours into this game.

Xenoblade Chronicles X (gameplay not counted)

I'll get this out of the way: Planet Mira>every other Xeno world. I don't need to play the game to know that X has the strongest exploration and worldbuilding in the series. The sidequests are also tied with Torna for best in the series. However, the main story.....could use some work. The villains were lackluster, one specific joke gets beaten to death and the story sequelbaited hard, which isn't neccisarly a bad thing, but it did so without confirmation of a continuation. At the very least, it has a better story than Xenosaga Episode I but Xenoblade X's main story is still pretty weak.

How to change to Pneuma in the second phase of mentioned boss in Mothrya?

When there three orbs are full, I hold R and press X, but the change failed. Still have only Mythra which means in consequence that I cannot beat this boss.

Edit: It worked in my fifth attempt. The controls are really iffy here.

Also what kind of attack does it have that it can oneshot?

Edited by Necrofantasia

1 hour ago, Necrofantasia said:

How to change to Pneuma in the second phase of mentioned boss in Mothrya?

When there three orbs are full, I hold R and press X, but the change failed. Still have only Mythra which means in consequence that I cannot beat this boss.

Edit: It worked in my fifth attempt. The controls are really iffy here.

Also what kind of attack does it have that it can oneshot?

Enemies with attacks that can virtually one shot your part is something they start throwing out at you from this point on. It's pretty bullshit. Especially with the final boss. The best way to avoid it that I found was to initiate a chain attack when they're in the middle of performing their super attack. The chain attack should either interupt them or give you some weird immunity for just a few seconds.

8 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

When there three orbs are full, I hold R and press X, but the change failed. 

That's not the only requirement. The Affinity Link has to be maxed out (so when the link is gold).

Spoiler

Btw, Pneuma is a spoiler so you might wanna edit that.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Enemies with attacks that can virtually one shot your part is something they start throwing out at you from this point on. It's pretty bullshit

Not counting Superbosses, i think that this only applies to the Infernal Guldo in Morytha and of course, the final boss. Normal enemies can't really one-shot you like that.

You can also avoid it with a Lv.4 Special or a Lv.3 Blade Combo.

Edited by Armagon

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's not the only requirement. The Affinity Link has to be maxed out (so when the link is gold).

Reveal hidden contents

Btw, Pneuma is a spoiler so you might wanna edit that.

Not counting Superbosses, i think that this only applies to the Infernal Guldo in Morytha and of course, the final boss. Normal enemies can't really one-shot you like that.

You can also avoid it with a Lv.4 Special or a Lv.3 Blade Combo.

I'm quite sure the last boss of Chapter 9 has an attack he uses towards the end of the battle that won't quite one shot your party, but it will put them in critical health from full. I also remember a particularly large mech enemy just before the lead up to that boss (one of those special enemies) with a canon attack that also deals obscene damage, but that one can be avoided using positioning.