Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

So "Eyes of Shining Justice" is a drug, huh? That speed. Our One-Eyed monster certainly doesn't disappoint.

Btw. a certain Blade's Level 4 Special is this:

Spoiler

Btw. rejoice! We can now buy large stashes of Ether Crystals and Overdrive Protocols from those Bards. Good riddance.

Edited by Zeratul

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Btw. rejoice! We can now buy large stashes of Ether Crystals

Thank the Architect.

Honestly, with every update, i respect Monolith Soft more and more. A lot of complaints people had have been fixed, including some of the big ones such as not being able to skip the Blade summon cutscene.

There is a downside to this update though: it seems the drop rates were nerfed. Smashing the Relentless Arduan doesn't drop nearly as much Core Crystals as it used to.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There is a downside to this update though: it seems the drop rates were nerfed. Smashing the Relentless Arduan doesn't drop nearly as much Core Crystals as it used to.

I guess I'm gonna farm 99 Legendary Crystals in my current savefile before updating then.

Edit : After reading a bit on Reddit, it might not be that drop rates were nerfed but that Core Chip and Aux Cores on inactive blades are no longer considered. So instead of having 9 Gold Chips active, you only have 3 actives. 

Edited by LuxSpes

DXUx-bSVwAMe2eO.jpg

Cressidus is a big boi. He also has the easiest Affinity Chart to unlock. Instead of having to grind Trust or something, the tiers of his Affinity Chart unlock by having meat items in your inventory. And because it's New Game+, you'll likely unlock all 5-tiers upon getting him.

Spoiler

I also got Patroka as well. The thing about the Torna Blades is that you can't modify their weapons with Core Chips, so all of their stats are maxed out to compensate.

10 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Edit : After reading a bit on Reddit, it might not be that drop rates were nerfed but that Core Chip and Aux Cores on inactive blades are no longer considered. So instead of having 9 Gold Chips active, you only have 3 actives. 

It could be but i never used Gold Chips and i constantly keep forgetting about Aux Cores. And despite all that, i still got more Legendary Cores from the Arduan prior to the update. 

On ‎02‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 4:25 PM, LuxSpes said:

I also realized this the hard way:

Goodbye Dodgetank. It was nice knowing you.
Before the update Morag had over 700 Agi with this setup. But these 2 Buffs don't count anymore. So she can only reach 550 to 600 Agi with this...
It seems that I have to find a new way to play Morág.

Edit: Welcome Back Dodgetank. Mikhail is a real good blade for Morág. :D

Edited by Stroud

I get the feeling that the Nintendo Direct tomorrow will tease the Story DLC. Either that, or the Rare Blade DLC. Or maybe both.

Edited by Armagon

So according a heart to heart involving reparations to Uraya, Mor Ardain would have had to pay 40 billion G, which Poppi says is enough to make 1000 of her. So by poppi's own words she is worth 40,000,000 G. 

Professor Soo Soo was LOADED

Right, so you all know how there's that one song that has a few notes that sound like the Game of Thrones theme? It's like Bum bum bum bum bum- BUM bum bum bum... etc. It plays when Mikhail is about to do the thing in Chapter 8. What's the name of the song?

30 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Right, so you all know how there's that one song that has a few notes that sound like the Game of Thrones theme? It's like Bum bum bum bum bum- BUM bum bum bum... etc. It plays when Mikhail is about to do the thing in Chapter 8. What's the name of the song?

Is it this one?

So, has everyone all the new Blades from NG+ yet? Finally found the time to turn on my Switch and do the last preparing before converting.

Spoiler

Only missing Mikhail who is apparently a special case. Got all six from using ~50 Legendary & Rare Cores each. That will leave me with a good enough stash until the Rare Blade DLC comes out.

Obrona is pretty much broken. Dat Auto-Attack speed. Dat Crit recharge Art. Dat juicy Agility modifer. She has all aspects of a good Blade and is probably the best one so far. I don't have Morag yet but boy this could be fun on her.
In a similar vein Patroka deals tons of damage thanks to her high crit rate and weapon effect (Crit Dmg Up). A bit slow on Rex though.
Akhos ... I don't know. Why the hell is he classifed as a Healer? Only 1 Special heals, otherwise he is more damage-based. Doesn't help that he has an Ether modifier and unless the numbers lie he isn't ether-based either. Will probably stick on Nia and never move anywhere else. The boy should have left the scythe at home and hand over his bow instead.
Cressidus is very good for a face tank build. Love his Topple extension and he is the only one who applies a Driver combo on a Special (his Lvl. 4 Special applies Launch). Might try something with him once I get Zeke back (something like Cressidus, Kassandra and a 3rd Blade).

Didn't have a chance yet to truly test out Sever and Perdido. The latter gives you his cannon but I don't know if that means he is Ether-based or not. Would suck tbh because he gives a Strength modifer.

A big disappointment that nothing was announced about the Rare Blade we are supposed to get soon-ish (we are pretty much at Spring).

28 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

So, has everyone all the new Blades from NG+ yet? Finally found the time to turn on my Switch and do the last preparing before converting.

Hide contents

Only missing Mikhail who is apparently a special case. Got all six from using ~50 Legendary & Rare Cores each. That will leave me with a good enough stash until the Rare Blade DLC comes out.

Obrona is pretty much broken. Dat Auto-Attack speed. Dat Crit recharge Art. Dat juicy Agility modifer. She has all aspects of a good Blade and is probably the best one so far. I don't have Morag yet but boy this could be fun on her.
In a similar vein Patroka deals tons of damage thanks to her high crit rate and weapon effect (Crit Dmg Up). A bit slow on Rex though.
Akhos ... I don't know. Why the hell is he classifed as a Healer? Only 1 Special heals, otherwise he is more damage-based. Doesn't help that he has an Ether modifier and unless the numbers lie he isn't ether-based either. Will probably stick on Nia and never move anywhere else. The boy should have left the scythe at home and hand over his bow instead.
Cressidus is very good for a face tank build. Love his Topple extension and he is the only one who applies a Driver combo on a Special (his Lvl. 4 Special applies Launch). Might try something with him once I get Zeke back (something like Cressidus, Kassandra and a 3rd Blade).

Didn't have a chance yet to truly test out Sever and Perdido. The latter gives you his cannon but I don't know if that means he is Ether-based or not. Would suck tbh because he gives a Strength modifer.

A big disappointment that nothing was announced about the Rare Blade we are supposed to get soon-ish (we are pretty much at Spring).

Spoiler

Actually, Ahkos has two Specials that heal but while his Lv.1 heals everyone, his Lv.3 heals only the user. I still don't exactly know how his Transmutation skill works.

Perdido is indeed Ether-based, though i believe his Specials use Strength since only the Driver actually uses the canon.

From a design standpoint, Sever is my favorite since he's basically a Xenomorph, with Perdido being a close second because General Grevious memes.

Also, is it me or do the New Game+ Blades have slow Blade switch cooldowns? I know their damage increases as you increase their Trust (to compensate for being unable to modify their Core Chips for whatever reason) but does that affect their Blade switch cooldown as well?

At a guess, maybe the DLC Blade announcement was pushed back so there could be enough time between the release of New Game+ and the DLC Blade, since New Game+ was also delayed.

I am hoping it's a completely new Blade(s) and not two certain individuals who aren't usable in New Game+ but considering just how much Monolith Soft has done with this game since launch, i'd purchase it regardless. I haven't purchased the Season Pass yet because i'm waiting to see what else it has in store.

On 3/22/2018 at 6:07 PM, DisobeyedCargo said:

Man I still haven't even gotten my last two rare blades Pre NG+. I need to step up my game.

Same here. I've spent over 500 cores (~100 legendary, ~400 rare) trying to get a Kos Mos on a 999 luck zeke... with justice as his highest idea (level 10).

I love this game a ton, but I just want to fricking get to ng+ and start getting the torna blades.

4 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Same here. I've spent over 500 cores (~100 legendary, ~400 rare) trying to get a Kos Mos on a 999 luck zeke... with justice as his highest idea (level 10).

I love this game a ton, but I just want to fricking get to ng+ and start getting the torna blades.

Why don't you just start New Game+ now. When i did it, i was still missing Electra and KOS-MOS and i pulled Electra as i was trying to get the Torna Blades. Adding 6 new Rare Blades to the summon pull actually helps.

Of course, i have everyone except KOS-MOS now.

40 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I've been krabble farming (killed that armu you can farm in the beginning like an idiot) for rare cores. I've probably gone through a thousand by now. I have 800 some luck and justice idea of level 9.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

On 3/15/2018 at 7:34 AM, Zeratul said:

Ooh, I didn't know there was an XBC2 thread here. Sweet! Guess I really need to go on the forums more, huh.

Spoiler

I've got everyone except Sever and Patroka. I've been trying for Patroka for damn ages.

She's the one I really want, since it gives me access to Mikhail and Akhos' Heart-to-Heart.  God knows how many Core Crystals I've burnt through to try and get her. Still no luck.  

I got Akhos on the first Core Crystal I opened on NG+, much to my surprise. Next came Cressidus, followed by Obrona and Perdido, two cores a part.  Rushed through NG+ for Mikhail, my favourite member of Torna. Haven't really used Obrona, since I want to get Akhos, Cressidus, Perdido and Mikhail's Affinity charts done first.

On 3/24/2018 at 9:11 PM, Armagon said:

Why don't you just start New Game+ now. When i did it, i was still missing Electra and KOS-MOS and i pulled Electra as i was trying to get the Torna Blades. Adding 6 new Rare Blades to the summon pull actually helps.

Of course, i have everyone except KOS-MOS now.

Not a bad idea. Though, if I do, I'd have to settle for

a) not being able to grind legendary cores until I can get arduran back up

and b) not getting extra copies the two exclusive aux cores

Still might be worth it though. I'll think about it.

30 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Not a bad idea. Though, if I do, I'd have to settle for

a) not being able to grind legendary cores until I can get arduran back up

and b) not getting extra copies the two exclusive aux cores

Still might be worth it though. I'll think about it.

Regarding Arduran, his tombstone will be there so you can revive him and fight him again quickly. Funnily enough, the baby Arduran is also there and somehow, even if it's not in range, killing Arduran while his baby form is also there counts as killing the baby. So you don't have to feed it up again but the game will act as if you killed the baby Arduran. Not that it matters though, because Arduran's tombstone will be there regardless.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Regarding Arduran, his tombstone will be there so you can revive him and fight him again quickly. Funnily enough, the baby Arduran is also there and somehow, even if it's not in range, killing Arduran while his baby form is also there counts as killing the baby. So you don't have to feed it up again but the game will act as if you killed the baby Arduran. Not that it matters though, because Arduran's tombstone will be there regardless.

Interesting... I had no idea.

I'm still a bit nervous to try it, but that's really weird.......

I'm most curious about what they're going to do for DLC. Are the dlc blades going to be new characters or cameos? What on earth is there to make a story dlc about?

Edited by dragonlordsd

15 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I'm most curious about what they're going to do for DLC. Are the dlc blades going to be new characters or cameos? What on earth is there to make a story dlc about?

We don't know who the DLC Blades could be. Could be Shulk, could be original Blades. Hell, some people are even hoping for Elly from Xenogears but that requires Square Enix to cooperate. As for the Story DLC, it's very likely gonna be about the Aegis War. It can't be a post-game story as Takahashi said that you'll be able to play it before the main story, if you wish.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:00 PM, Armagon said:

We don't know who the DLC Blades could be. Could be Shulk, could be original Blades. Hell, some people are even hoping for Elly from Xenogears but that requires Square Enix to cooperate. As for the Story DLC, it's very likely gonna be about the Aegis War. It can't be a post-game story as Takahashi said that you'll be able to play it before the main story, if you wish.

I don't see Square Enix playing nice, but if Xenosaga's on the table, I could see main cast making it in or T-elos. But I think xenoblade's more likely. In fact, I'm a bit surprised none made it in originally.

Fun fact, I did the math and with 999 luck and justice at 9, you have a 0.59% chance of summoning kos mos off a legendary.

Increasing justice to 14 gives you .69%, interesting.

Assuming the datamines are right.

Edited by dragonlordsd

DZhETGPUMAAGpaR.jpg?width=400&height=225

Our first details regarding Challenge Mode. Who are these new friends?

But most importantly, silhouettes of the DLC Blades.

DZg80h1VoAA53jS.jpg?width=400&height=225

Now listen, i'm not trying to get any hopes up because it's a bit of a stretch but take a look at that mecha-like Blade in the center.

Now take a look at this.

latest?cb=20080504204333

It's not an exact match (really, the only similarities are the horns on the head) but this is what came to my mind when i saw it. Some people in the Xenoblade subreddit have the same thought. 

It's probably not Xenogears but if it is, i will a very happy boy.

So far all the released paid dlc hasn't really caught my interest but new rare blades certainly does make me consider it. I wonder if they're going to add just those three or if there's going to be more blade dlc in the future.

Spoiler

One dlc that would make me throw money at my switch would be Jin, be it story content or him as a rare blade. They already added other Torna blades, so I can't see why not.