Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

Japan uploaded a 6 minute overview trailer

Things to note:

-It really does seem like Torna and Gormott will be the only explorable Titans. But to compensate, ths Kingdom of Torna looks to be massive, much bigger than the rest of the Titans.

-Longer version of the battle theme is heard as well as a tease of the ending theme.

-Mythra has Pyra's Specials.

It's all in Japanese so i skipped over most of it so hopefully an English version drops.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

The more I see of this, the more I think this is Xenoblade Chronicles 3. They said it the expansion was going to be 40 hours, but I thinking it will almost as long as the main game.

Being an extension of XC2 I'd say it's more like Xenoblade Chronicles 2.5 than Xenoblade Chronicles 3. And since this is a Xenoblade game it'll probably be three times longer than the stated 40 hour length.

The above PAX gameplay is also the first source of younger Minoth's English voice. In the Japanese version Minoth has different voice actors between TGC and the main game, so I wonder if they'll do the same in the English version (as another bit of voice acting trivia, Lora and Haze share a VA in Japanese but have different VAs in English).

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Being an extension of XC2 I'd say it's more like Xenoblade Chronicles 2.5 than Xenoblade Chronicles 3. And since this is a Xenoblade game it'll probably be three times longer than the stated 40 hour length.

To be fair, the 40 hours coupd be just story missions. Though the story cutscenes will likely add another 30 hours to the game’s length. This makes me wonder, how many hours did Monolith said Xenoblade 2 was going to last?

9 hours ago, Water Mage said:

To be fair, the 40 hours coupd be just story missions. Though the story cutscenes will likely add another 30 hours to the game’s length. This makes me wonder, how many hours did Monolith said Xenoblade 2 was going to last?

If i remember correctly, Tetsuya Takahashi (Monolith CEO and creator of the Xeno series) said XC2's main story would be as long as XC1's story. Which is true. 

It's worth noting that the 40 hours thing came from Nintendo reps during Gamescom so while they are probably right, if Takahashi were to say 40 hours is the length of the main story, i'd more likely believe it.

Edited by Armagon

I'm so glad to hear the full battle theme at last after constantly replaying the little snipets that appeared in trailers. It's sooo good!

Also, the theme for Gormott was released as well :

I think I love it more than the original Gormott theme. I'm really digging the jazz style they went for in this OST.

For those interested the downloadable version of Torna ~ The Golden Country can now be pre-purchased on the eShop, though if you bought the Expansion Pass already it will download automatically on September 14th. It also shows that the download is 3.2 GB.

And since Torna is now only a week away now, what parts are you most looking forward to?

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

And since Torna is now only a week away now, what parts are you most looking forward to?

All of it!

Ok but more specifically, i'm looking forward to exploring the Kingdom of Torna. It seems like there's only two Titans this time, with Gormott being the other one but to compensate, they made Torna massive. I doubt it'll be the size of any of the continents from XCX but it'll definitly be the biggest location in Alrest.

This next bit is a spoiler as it was datamined months ago

Spoiler

Supposedly, we'll be taking direct control of Siren at one point and i'm really looking forward to that.

Third, Minoth. He looks really badass with his dual-wielding gun-daggers.

17 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Hey, is there some kind of glitch in the quests? 

I tried to finish Mellica the Chorister and every time I do it, the moment I beat the enemy, my characters freeze up, forcing me to reset.

1.5.2 has a glitch where you can't progress quests if you finish battles in a certain way. It should work if you finish the enemy with a normal attack, but if not you can wait until it's fixed in version 2.0.0 (which releases on September 14).

To answer my own question from before, the story DLC is exactly what I hoped it would be from a plot standpoint, and it's neat being able to explore Torna too. Exploring Addam and Mythra/Pyra's relationship is the thing I'm most interested in (partially to see how accurate my interpretation is) along with seeing the dynamic and stories of the rest of the cast, but I'm also excited to see how the new information we get adds to what we know from the base game. And it gives us more Malos, which is never a bad thing.

As an aside, if Malos is the final boss of The Golden Country then I imagine the ending will be very long. From the base game we have to cover

Spoiler

Mythra creating Pyra, Addam and Pyra going to Elpys to leave the third sword, Addam founding Fonsett and entrusting it to Azurda, Addam sealing Pyra away on the Ancient Ship, and explaining what happened to Addam afterwards, not to mention everything between Jin and Lora and showing how Haze, Minoth, and Amalthus end up in their positions in the base game (Hugo and his Blades will probably get off lucky because they can stay in Mor Ardain until Hugo eventually dies and his descendants succeed him).

So maybe it will have a longer ending than Metal Gear Solid 4?

Edited by Lightchao42

On 9/7/2018 at 5:26 PM, blah the Prussian said:

So I guess you could say it will have... an ending to surpass Metal Gear?

MGS4's ending is 71 minutes long, so Torna's ending will have to be longer than that to surpass Metal Gear.

To celebrate Torna's launch, Monolith Soft is giving out free items to all players, even those who don't have the Expansion Pass. The items are 15 Legendary Core Crystals and some pouch items. To redeem the items, you need to register XC2 on My Nintendo before September 30, and afterwards you'll receive an email with a code to redeem on the eShop starting from September 14 (the same day that 2.0.0 releases).

Edited by Lightchao42

Wanted to go back playing XC2 with the new additions (Challenge Mode Part 2, Crossette, Corvin) but the amount of black screens, freezes and bugs are too off-putting to continue. While Monolith Soft does great games, XC2 is really plagued by those bugs.
Guess I will have to wait until I finish the Torna DLC. Might as well restart at Bringer of Chaos difficulty then.

Yeah, I'm downloading it now. I'll probably play a bit since I have nothing of importance to do on the morrow.

I still haven't gotten around to some of the extra DLC stuff for the original XC2 (such as the Elma release), or freed Shulk and Fiora from the Challenge Mode. Either way, Torna hype go!

Monolith Soft has released this blessed artwork of all the characters (well most of them) to celebrate the release of The Golden Country (contains spoilers of the main game up to Ch.7)

Spoiler

DnCAup-UYAEpvFU.jpeg.363a262028803b492e0a6e71fddfde1f.jpeg

Here's the Twitter link so you can go retweet it (if you use Twitter).

Edit: OH WAIT FUCK, I JUST NOTICED THAT IT CONTAINS A CHARACTER THAT IS INTRODUCED ON THE FINAL CHAPTER! 

So uh, don't look at it until you have beaten XC2.

Edited by Armagon

I'm only two hours into Torna and it's great. Here are some miscellaneous thoughts thus far (shortly after completing the quest "Power Unimaginable"):

Spoiler
  • As it turns out Malos's destruction of Coeia is the first thing that happens in the game. I figured it happened before he went rogue since it was apparently the work of Indol, but Mythra was already active at that point so it was seemingly after? Rhadallis is a good ruler so he just decides to blame it on Amalthus. I'm not too hung up about this because it will probably be elaborated on later.
  • Being that this is before her trauma Mythra is more aggressive and trigger-happy than I expected her to be, and she's definitely not a team player (because Addam doesn't have any other Blades so she's never had to work with anyone else) but she is curious about the world and likes exploring. Addam seems to treat her like a troublesome younger sister whenever she gets too uncooperative. I'm interested to see where their characters go from here.
  • So Lora and Jin invented the way Drivers and Blades fight 500 years later because they didn't have enough money for another weapon? And Jin later says that Blades can't leave a mark on the world...
  • Torigoth hits us with those feels not even two hours in. Shulk doesn't want to know this feel anymore. Lora doesn't use her usual item pickup lines which helps to not distract from the tone of the scene.
  • They came up with a good explanation as to why the Emperor of Mor Ardain is running around in Gormott. Hugo and Addam go way back, which makes sense since they're both royalty.
  • As a result of the above only Team Lora can perform level 4 combos at this point, while Addam and Hugo will get them later since they aren't familiar with their way of fighting. I'm liking the gameplay-story integration thus far.
  • And lastly we get a Blade Biology lesson from Indol. What will Amalthus do with this knowledge? Find out next time on Xeno Ball Z!

Edited by Lightchao42

Torna ~ The Golden Country has better writing than the main game. Like, Rex and Pyra/Mythra was good but Addam and Mythra have infintely better chemistry.

All of the characters are brimming with personality though i do feel Team Hugo is getting a bit shafted.