Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Rex Glacies

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So I might have a guess who's going to be the next villain for Xenoblade III. The identity of the architect leaves room for a certain character to get very prominent. 

Hide contents

And that's Galea. If Claus got ripped in two and became Zanza on the Bionis then couldn't the same have happened to Galea? She was standing at the same spot as Claus when the experiment happened. So perhaps there's a version of Galea in another world that went as crazy as Zanza and could thus be the main villain. 

That's an interesting thing to go by. And could make sense. 

Spoiler

However, the question is what would be the major power here? Remember that Xenoblade 1 and 2 ultimately link together in how Xenoblade 1 is likely having Ontos being Alvis, who has the power over the Conduit, and thus Zanza, Mayneth, and Shulk were merely using that power from Alvis in the form of the Monado. So where would the godlike powers be for this one? 

Also, rather than be power hungry so much, perhaps Galea's other half would be someone that is strictly logical and almost devoid of emotional aspect. Zanza basically took the more maddening effects of his personality and belief over the divine, whereas Klaus was the more remorseful version that understood his own folly. If Mayneth was Galea's personality that was kind, gentle, nurturing toward all life, then her counterpart could be the one that takes her scientific mind to an extreme. After all, Galea called Klaus delusional for talking about the Conduit like it was some divine gift, when it was just a special device. 

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's an interesting thing to go by. And could make sense. 

Hide contents

However, the question is what would be the major power here? Remember that Xenoblade 1 and 2 ultimately link together in how Xenoblade 1 is likely having Ontos being Alvis, who has the power over the Conduit, and thus Zanza, Mayneth, and Shulk were merely using that power from Alvis in the form of the Monado. So where would the godlike powers be for this one? 

Spoiler

I think it's worth pointing out that Alvis disappears from the Xenoblade 1 universe at the end of the game (at least i think he does) and if holds the power to create a universe (through the Conduit) then he can likely jump between them too. Maybe he'll start to act as a sort of guide or watcher. 

On another note, Xenoblade X's ties to Xenoblade 2 might be seen in the Samaarian ships

WbICZVe.jpg

Notice that they have similar halos that the Artifices have. Could the Samaarians have come from the Xenoblade 2 universe? Luxaar says the originated from another plane.

And while it's likely just a reference, the Samaarian ships look a lot like Xenosaga's Abel's Ark.

latest?cb=20150424172106

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Was it just me, or was the fight against Patroka and Mikhail at the end of chapter 4 very hard? It took me quite a few tries and I was higher leveled than them.

It might have been your setup. What Blades you have and how far you've progressed in both Driver and Blade Affinity Charts, as well as how well your Arts have been leveld up is key.

I personally don't remember the Mikhail and Patroka fight being that tough. If i remember correctly, i went after Mikhail first since he has the forced lock-on Art.

Technically this is a bit early, but it's Xenoblade Chronicles 2's one year anniversary! Time really flies, doesn't it? Here's something Saito drew to commemorate:

The reason I'm mentioning this early is because both Xenoblade 2 and Torna were updated to include Mythra's Smash Ultimate design (which was officially revealed at the same time as this update) as a costume! I thought it was a joke at first, but those madmen at Monolith Soft actually did it. You can find the Aux Core for it from Brobro the Nopon at Argentum's Salvaging Deck in the main game and Feltley Village in Torna.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The reason I'm mentioning this early is because both Xenoblade 2 and Torna were updated to include Mythra's Smash Ultimate design (which was officially revealed at the same time as this update) as a costume! I thought it was a joke at first, but those madmen at Monolith Soft actually did it. You can find the Aux Core for it from Brobro the Nopon at Argentum's Salvaging Deck in the main game and Feltley Village in Torna.

Monolith Soft keeps proving why they are such great devs. Like, i've stated before that i'm not a huge fan of censored Mythra but having that as an alt costume in the game is amazing. Nintendo censored the design in Smash and Monolith Soft simply chuckled and went like "that's now canon".

I look at stuff like this and i get the feeling that Monolith Soft is just a really fun place to work at.

In other news, the Torna OST is officially being released on December 14th.

Edit: DtS9CKHWkAI4a8x?format=jpg&name=orig

That's quite the oversight. I guess Rex exists in Torna ~ The Golden Country.

Edited by Armagon

21 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So I might have a guess who's going to be the next villain for Xenoblade III. The identity of the architect leaves room for a certain character to get very prominent. 

Reveal hidden contents

And that's Galea. If Claus got ripped in two and became Zanza on the Bionis then couldn't the same have happened to Galea? She was standing at the same spot as Claus when the experiment happened. So perhaps there's a version of Galea in another world that went as crazy as Zanza and could thus be the main villain. 

Spoiler

I always thought the implication was that the boss you fight at the end of the Land of Morytha is Galea transformed into one of the Core Crystal monsters considering you find her ID badge after defeating it

13 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Was it just me, or was the fight against Patroka and Mikhail at the end of chapter 4 very hard? It took me quite a few tries and I was higher leveled than them.

From what I've heard from various friends playing the game the Patroka and Mikhail fight at the end of Chapter 4 is either super easy or super hard and none of us can really figure out why it turns out to be one or the other.

Some quests literally confuse.

There's one where I have to find some confuse item seven times on a field near Gormott. It's said it's grown next to trees. After like walking around for more than two hours and grabbing all the item collect points next to trees I've found no single one of mentioned above item yet.

Is the RNG really that bad, or did I do sth wrong?

Also the crane quests go on my nerves a little bit.

All in all the earlygame sidequests could be a little more obvious.

1 hour ago, Necrofantasia said:

There's one where I have to find some confuse item seven times on a field near Gormott. It's said it's grown next to trees. After like walking around for more than two hours and grabbing all the item collect points next to trees I've found no single one of mentioned above item yet.

Yeah that's puzzletree wood. Took me an age to find enough too. Kind of silly to make collecting some random items part of the main quest progression. At least when the search space is so big and random.

I watched a guide where the first items were found on the second item seach point.
I discovered about 100 over again and I'm still stuck with two.

My main issue is that not fulfilling these quests will cause me more grinding since I'm really out of money and other ressources for the main quests, and regular fights don't give much of it.

1 hour ago, Necrofantasia said:

Yeah the sidequests in the original game can be really rough. Sometimes its very unclear or you're forced to rely on bad RNG. 

7 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

Luckbased sidequests are really sth I don't want and need at all.

FYI, there are ways to increase the chances. Lots of Blades have Field Skills and this is used to increase the chances of getting better stuff. For example, Dromarch has Botany, which increases the chances of getting rare flowers as well as increasing the quantity of how much you get.

But yeah, Xenoblade 2'a sidequests are generally not that great. The exception is Blade quests which have an actual narritive to it.

But at least it's not Xenoblade 1 where you can actually spend 6 hours looking for an item with a 2% chance of appearing. Thank God Colony 6 reconstruction is optional.

But at least it's not Xenoblade 1 where you can actually spend 6 hours looking for an item with a 2% chance of appearing.

What the...!?
Seriously I can't believe this was even a thing, and still is even if a biiiiiiit less tedious.
This kind of quests has no real place in a RPG because they're traps for the players who will burn lots of time for non-trivial stuff.
It's just an artificial as poor way to make a game long.

Complaining aside the sidequests are the only issue I have with this game.
Overall I really do enjoy it.
And I think I could get used to the battle system for the most part.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

FYI, there are ways to increase the chances. Lots of Blades have Field Skills and this is used to increase the chances of getting better stuff. For example, Dromarch has Botany, which increases the chances of getting rare flowers as well as increasing the quantity of how much you get.

But yeah, Xenoblade 2'a sidequests are generally not that great. The exception is Blade quests which have an actual narritive to it.

But at least it's not Xenoblade 1 where you can actually spend 6 hours looking for an item with a 2% chance of appearing. Thank God Colony 6 reconstruction is optional.

Cries in Black Liver Bean

On 12/1/2018 at 6:33 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

So it seems that awful Mythra outfit got added into Xenoblade 2 as a optional outfit. Yup, definitely far too much black on her like this but its a nice touch for the people who enjoy the new outfit. 

Vpv7o68.jpg

Wait, is that legit?

On 12/1/2018 at 5:25 AM, The Geek said:
  Hide contents

I always thought the implication was that the boss you fight at the end of the Land of Morytha is Galea transformed into one of the Core Crystal monsters considering you find her ID badge after defeating it

Spoiler

Holy crap, I had to go back to look at that, but you're right. That monster had Galea's ID, so it clearly indicates that it was her. 

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:
  Hide contents

Holy crap, I had to go back to look at that, but you're right. That monster had Galea's ID, so it clearly indicates that it was her. 

Spoiler

I disagree with this theory because to me, it looks like a reused assest.

Plus, Guldos (they are called that, right) are mindless creatures, i don't see how it could've gotten from Rhadamanthus to the corpse of the Tornan Titan.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

I disagree with this theory because to me, it looks like a reused assest.

Plus, Guldos (they are called that, right) are mindless creatures, i don't see how it could've gotten from Rhadamanthus to the corpse of the Tornan Titan.

Spoiler

That is true. She went from the very top to somehow being at the very bottom. A tad strange. 

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Yup. It seems that way. But I think its just optional

Huh. Neat. However, I honestly don't find the addition to be actually terrible. You might say it is terrible due to the color scheme clashing since Mythra is "light" attribute. But honestly, I'd rather have black coverings then her walking around flashing everyone in a game where they fight.

• 3 weeks later...

So, assuming that XC3 is at all mechanically similar to XC2, what changes would you like to see?

I would like:

* An older, more charismatic protagonist

* More driver party members (probably about 6-7, as there isn't as much flexibility as I'd like with 5.)

* More rare blades with a more equal number of male/female blades and some rare non-humanoid blades from core crystals

* Bind your blade to a driver after seeing what you've summoned, not before.

* More flexible elemental combos for special arts.

* Battle dialogue options to adjust the frequency of battle arts dialogue, not just the volume. 

* Auto-loot toggle.

9 hours ago, Etheus said:

More driver party members (probably about 6-7, as there isn't as much flexibility as I'd like with 5.)

I feel like this isn't a good idea because the Blades would also be characters. If you had 6 Drivers with a Blade for each one, there'd be 12 characters total and that's just gonna cause a lot of character irrelevancy.

I can't really think of anything that i would want from a hypothetical XC3 functioning mechanically the same as XC2 because a lot of what i would want is already in Torna ~ The Golden Country. The only thing i'd really want to stay the same in the series is for the Arts to be mapped to the buttons. 

I don't mind the never of Drivers, but I would prefer it if they completely removed the generic blades and removed the rng from summoning blades. Just make them rare but useful rewards for exploration or overworkd quests. Like the GFs in Final Fantasy VIII, which are surprisingly similar to Blades in terms of gameplay. Getting a new one of them felt really special. Unlike in this game where I'm just milling through cores until I get something good.

That all being said, they'll probably abandon this system in favour of a new one next game.

19 hours ago, Etheus said:

I would like:

* An older, more charismatic protagonist

* More driver party members (probably about 6-7, as there isn't as much flexibility as I'd like with 5.)

* More rare blades with a more equal number of male/female blades and some rare non-humanoid blades from core crystals

* Bind your blade to a driver after seeing what you've summoned, not before

Actually I have a feeling Blades won't be returning to the next Xenoblade. They will probably stay in Xenoblade II and be its defining trait while Xenoblade III will find something else to stand out among the Xeno games.