FE Warriors DLC

FoxyGrandpa

5 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

> "The DLC'll fix the roster bias!"

>> DLC doesn't fix anything. 

If this game succeeds, we'll be in the worst timeline. Let Naga have mercy on us all. 

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

"We didn't include Azura (in the base game) because we didn't want there to be too many Fates characters." -Devs

"The first DLC pack will be Fates characters" -also the Devs

Stay classy, you guys

exactly the way i feel

btw, i don't even care enough to make predictions for those dlc, all i can say is that if camus, minerva and xane aren't part of the SD dlc, my interest in this game will instantly drop to 0%

and it's already 5%

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And another thing to add; people tend to express themselves in a more extreme manner on the internet, sometimes to the point where everything they say is hyperbole.  Even I'm guilty of this sometimes.  People can also be sarcastic or trolling.

Basically this

Just now, RotomGuy said:

All three? In which case I think you should prepare yourself because Xane's chances are negative.

i know

draw your conclusions

6 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

All three? In which case I think you should prepare yourself because Xane's chances are negative.

I believe that if we keep hoping, Koei will somehow hear our pleas and add him.

Please I need to see him in HD and have him call Marth Princey.

Focusing on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates for DLC is probably a good thing, since at this point they've proven so proven so woefully incompetent at pleasing older fans that they might as well just give up on doing that and at least try to salvage what they can from the people still willing to defend them. I say that knowing full well that the former includes me, who at this point has lost virtually all interest in the game. If their plan was to capitalize on those three games (I'd say two games, but they're actually doing Shadow Dragon before Awakening, which is a good show; albeit, too little and too late) in the hopes of preparing a worthy sequel, then by all means, god speed. For their sake, hopefully that phantom audience exists. I want no part in that, and will not support a game based upon the vague idea of another.

Azura, Camus, and Tharja seem like obligatory additions if they're missing. Them aside, I could imagine some permutation of Oboro, Charlotte, Minerva, Draug (sadly, I'd rather Lorenz), Nowi, Gaius, and Owain. Felicia, Jakob, and Kaze might also be possible if they add daggers. Ugh, it's so frustrating seeing a game with so much potential turn out like this.

Edited by Iridium

Wow, no Ike or Tellius in general? No Ephraim or other Magvel characters?? No additional Elibe or Jugdral or any other old games? Seriously?!

Fuck this game. I'm done with it. Even if Azura is in the Fates pack, I don't care. These other games deserve to be represented too, and HW added additional Zelda games to it as well. Why can't we have additional FE games here? This bullshit.

I'm tired of IS acting like fans don't care about the older games. Just forcing in Lyn and Celica and calling it a day doesn't cut it and Celica isn't even one of the really popular ones anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

yeeeaah, I'm not even gonna pretend to be ok with this. now that the amount of characters in it that I like has increased from 1 to 4, I'll probably still buy it, but this is super disappointing. seeing celica and lyn made me really hope and think that there would at least be dlc for more echoes and fe7 characters, which I probably would've bought. could've added eliwood, hector, mae, saber, lukas, alm, or even something totally different like athos. there's a pretty decent amount of fe7 characters I'd spend money on and i'd pay for almost any echoes character.

but just out of these three... caeda and chrom are already in, and while there's a decent amount of characters i like from awakening and shadow dragon, the only ones I can really see myself paying for are noire (whose chances aren't very good), minerva.... and that's really all I can think of.

from fates i like laslow, hinata, and felicia enough to pay for them, but while none of them would be too unlikely, there are no daggers so felicia's probably out, and the voice cast seems to be the same as heroes so far which is already enough to turn me away from laslow, since he got a major downgrade there. that really just leaves hinata, who I guess has a sorta decent chance? i never actually played birthright, but he was in the initial heroes lineup for fates so he seems like he's not too unlikely, but i'm not entirely sure what he could even add to the game, being another sword character

tl;dr i'm mad because no more echoes stuff and there's like 2 characters i'd buy out of these 3 games

Edited by unique

Shoutout to everyone who said not to be so pessimistic and surely other games would come in DLC so those complaining should support the game anyway. 

This has been awful decision after awful decision. It's sad because this was a scenario many of us had been excited for and speculated about for a long time. 

When i read that the Shadow Dragon DLC will be released in Winter 2018, i thought it meant December 2018. It was then that i remembered that the Winter season for Japan is the January-March season.

Anyway, i don't like this. Azura being in the DLC is the only possibly redeeming factor (assuming she's in) since i really want to play as her but c'mon Koei Tecmo and IS. A much better decision would've been to focus on Blazing Blade and Echoes DLC given Lyn and Celica's presence.

Why on earth are people thinking that this is the only DLC we're getting? Once we get these three games out of the way, I'm sure that we'll get more featuring the other games throughout next year.

And even if we don't, why are you all acting like it's the end of the world? You're just going to have to wait for a potential sequel, if the game sells well. Oh, but according to you lot, it won't, due to a 'phantom audience' like what the hell? Just let the people who are genuinely excited for the game, be excited.

And I'm seeing a lot of people here who have hated on this game from the start, and I have to ask...why are you still here?

Sure why not, all three games have pretty bad representation that should be fixed before moving on to the rest of the series. It's obvious that other games are being saved for a sequel or whatever, that was made pretty clear already.

Unpopular opinion here it seems, but I like the DLC. Im kind of glad they are focusing on the 3 games for the DLC.

And we dont know if this is all the DLC we are getting. Hyrule had around 7 or so packs if I remember correctly, including new game modes, maps, costumes, characters, etc.

Well, there go my hopes and dreams. 

I was really holding out for the DLC but, I really don't care anymore. I honesty don't even want to pick up the game now.

And if you really want KT to listen, complain abut it, we complained about FE heroes, and  look what they've done.

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

Why on earth are people thinking that this is the only DLC we're getting? Once we get these three games out of the way, I'm sure that we'll get more featuring the other games throughout next year.

And even if we don't, why are you all acting like it's the end of the world? You're just going to have to wait for a potential sequel, if the game sells well. Oh, but according to you lot, it won't, due to a 'phantom audience' like what the hell? Just let the people who are genuinely excited for the game, be excited.

And I'm seeing a lot of people here who have hated on this game from the start, and I have to ask...why are you still here?

1. Says increasingly nervous man for the nth time this week. Also you're basically saying we shouldn't be disappointed because we can potentially pay the price of the full game plus overpriced DLC just for the chance of having one or two characters from other games show up. Man, what a deal.

2. I am sure you would patiently wait for a sequel if this first game had a tiny selection of characters you like, right? This argument lost any steam it once had when people started losing their shit over Azura and more SD characters not being in.

8 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

because this was a scenario many of us had been excited for and speculated about for a long time. 

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

Fire Emblem fanbase love to hate anything not from the GBA era or Ike games. Ironic enough if it was just the GBA and Ike games no one on this forum would be pissed, yeah I know fire emblem are some the most hypocrite fanbase.

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Well, there go my hopes and dreams. 

I was really holding out for the DLC but, I really don't care anymore. I honesty don't even want to pick up the game now.

And if you really want KT to listen, complain abut it, we complained about FE heroes, and  look what they've done.

If the game is a success there could be a fire emblem warriors 2 with double the rooster

7 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Hyrule Warriors only had additional season packs because of the Legends port. You need to assume that this is all the DLC that's coming for this game. 

Exactly.
At this point, people are being too optimistic-- while this scenario with the DLC certainly wasn't expected, I think people need to know when to fold them and realize that after a certain point they're deluding themselves or, even worse, giving false hope.

Edited by The DanMan

7 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Soooooo, after all this who is still planning on buying the game? I still do but just in case I'll look if there's any secrets in the Japanese game once it's released. I need know what's the dealio with Navarre.

I will if the game looks good on 3DS. I can't afford a Switch so unless the 3DS version looks good, I'm not getting the game (Though if I could I would get it on the Switch).

I also agree with Dan in saying too many people are being way too optimistic about the DLC. Unless the game does extremely well to the point it and the DLC are selling in the millions (And it wont, I doubt it with the fan response), this is all we are getting except maybe a few updates like Medli in HW. Personally, and I'm probably one of the few, I'm happy with the cast and the DLC we are getting. All I want is more SD, villains, costumes and History Mode maps and that seems to be what we are getting.

On another note, here is a clearer shot of Lucy as a bride.

Spoiler

img_pack_img.thumb.jpg.7c8ba1239f3050dab201e9fbd3521e2c.jpg

Edited by Azz

8 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

1. Says increasingly nervous man for the nth time this week. Also you're basically saying we shouldn't be disappointed because we can potentially pay the price of the full game plus overpriced DLC just for the chance of having one or two characters from other games show up. Man, what a deal.

2. I am sure you would patiently wait for a sequel if this first game had a tiny selection of characters you like, right? This argument lost any steam it once had when people started losing their shit over Azura and more SD characters not being in.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by 'increasingly nervous man'. Could you explain?

I'm not telling you to not be disappointed, don't twist my words. I'm just saying, don't assume so early. As for prices...idk, you got me there, but they might have the option to buy each character separately, so you can just buy the characters you like. It's cheaper that way.

And yes, I would patiently wait for a sequel. Why? Because it's a franchise I love. And there is only a small selection of characters that I like, but there's also a large selection that I either don't like or I'm indifferent to.

And I agree, this is a crossover I've wanted for a long time. But...our opinions don't mean anything. At all.

5 minutes ago, FireEmblemFan2017 said:

Fire Emblem fanbase love to hate anything not from the GBA era or Ike games. Ironic enough if it was just the GBA and Ike games no one on this forum would be pissed, yeah I know fire emblem are some the most hypocrite fanbase.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this fandom doesn't deserve anything with how it is nowadays. IS has tried and tried again, with Heroes, with Echoes, and the infamous Awakening, and even with Conquest's gameplay, to try and unite the fandom, but the fanbase just isn't having it.

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

Soooooo, after all this who is still planning on buying the game? I still do but just in case I'll look if there's any secrets in the Japanese game once it's released. I need know what's the dealio with Navarre.

why would I not buy the game? i've made my peace with everything that I hate about it and this dlc announcement has done nothing for me because there is very little that any of the three could further add that I would care about, I am not surprised that the roster with dlc may not be any better than when the game drops.

14 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I will...at some point. Don't know anymore if I want it on release. It's still tempting because Frederick and stuff, but I'm also waiting to see what datamining tells us and what exactly are in the DLC packs.

I like it. It gives the game a chance to flesh out the games they chose. One fire emblem game alone can have its own Warriors spinoff with how many characters it has, so giving the more minor ones a chance to shine is pretty cool. I just hope I have enough money for it though...

I'm also pretty satisfied with the roster. Is it safe? Yes. Would I rather have some characters instead of others? Yes. But with what we have, I like it. The game looks and sounds gorgeous. It looks fun to play. The crossover conversations are shaping up to be cool. History mode looks awesome. Hell, even the twins are growing on me.

But anyway, DLC, woo! I might just consider grabbing that season pass for Bride Lucina.