FE Warriors DLC

FoxyGrandpa

HW packs were 8 dollars each, these are about 13 dollars each, so it sounds like we can expect more from each one. They are probably trying to make the cast as expansive as possible, which I'm glad about.

It DOES make me worried about the amount of movesets in the main game. But overall, the total number of movesets available to play with isn't the most important part of the game. I just hope this means any history maps they give us are really substantial.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Lau said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this fandom doesn't deserve anything with how it is nowadays. IS has tried and tried again, with Heroes, with Echoes, and the infamous Awakening, and even with Conquest's gameplay, to try and unite the fandom, but the fanbase just isn't having it.

This time around they didn't seem to have tried at all though. They're just betting on the new fans in full force and aside from some token representation the older fans are told by the devs to just go play in the corner while the new fans get all their attention. Even the always favored Shadow dragon isn't treated all that well compared to the newer games. 

Though that may be more on Koei then on IS.

I feel like people tend to talk really cynically about the idea of the much larger side of the fandom (that is the only reason the franchise is afloat) being marketed to more. I get being disappointed if you don't like those games as much, but a lot of people are making it sound like IS is selling out or ignoring their fanbase. Seriously? Awakening/Fates fans ARE their fanbase. Why do you guys deserve to be catered to more?

This isn't aimed at everyone who's disappointed, and honestly on this site people are the best about this kind of thing. But the twisted expectations some people have are weird.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Though that may be more on Koei then on IS.

It pretty much is. IS has been pretty good about being representative of all the games lately. The only times I can think where they specifically gave favoritism to the newer crowd were the spring and summer banners, but even then that's pretty minuscule.

37 minutes ago, Lau said:

And even if we don't, why are you all acting like it's the end of the world? You're just going to have to wait for a potential sequel, if the game sells well. Oh, but according to you lot, it won't, due to a 'phantom audience' like what the hell? Just let the people who are genuinely excited for the game, be excited.

Its possible that the game sells well but with so much controversial around it its also possibly that it will fail which means there isn't going to be a potential sequel. If there's no sequel and if the older characters don't get in through DLC then that's pretty much the end of a Fire emblem Warriors with proper representation.

Perhaps the complainers may be just a vocal minority but a niche series crossed with another niche series can't really afford to alienate that much people.

Its okay to be exited for this game but those people should realize that if only one part of the fanbase gets its wishes granted that the people who are and remain exited naturally grows smaller and smaller. 

20 minutes ago, Lau said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this fandom doesn't deserve anything with how it is nowadays. IS has tried and tried again, with Heroes, with Echoes, and the infamous Awakening, and even with Conquest's gameplay, to try and unite the fandom, but the fanbase just isn't having it.

I'm not sure what on earth you're talking about. Yes, I also get the impression that the Fire Emblem fanbase is a bit more negative than a lot of other game fandoms, but this statement doesn't even begin to make sense. First of all, both on Serenes and on the subreddit, Heroes is widely appreciated, and in large part because you can play around with your favorites across the entire series and more are constantly being added, which is primarily what people wanted out of Warriors. It has also made Intelligent Systems truckloads of money. 

More importantly, however, the fanbase doesn't owe Intelligent Systems or Koei Tecmo anything. We're consumers who pay them for a service they provide; we're not biting the hand that feeds us. We're fully entitled to our opinions, and if the response is so overwhelmingly negative like with Warriors, then it's more than likely that it's the developers and their PR who are at fault, not random gamers.

10 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I feel like people tend to talk really cynically about the idea of the much larger side of the fandom (that is the only reason the franchise is afloat) being marketed to more. I get being disappointed if you don't like those games as much, but a lot of people are making it sound like IS is selling out or ignoring their fanbase. Seriously? Awakening/Fates fans ARE their fanbase. Why do you guys deserve to be catered to more?

This isn't aimed at everyone who's disappointed, and honestly on this site people are the best about this kind of thing. But the twisted expectations some people have are weird.

I think that if the representation of the newer games is merely bigger that most fans would be pretty understanding about that. But that's not the situation we are currently in. We are in a situation where the newer fans get catered to while the older fans get practically nothing. Everything from Valentia to Tellius just isn't present, aside from one token guest for Valantia and Elibe.

Its much more extreme in Warriors then in Heroes but its worth noting that tellius has been almost completely absence from heroes up till now. Even now I think the special costumes of the newer characters outnumber the Tellius, the Jugdral and the Magvel casts. Heroes managed to get a good representation from large part of the series but its not perfect just yet. 

If the representation favored the newer games while still being fair about it then things wouldn't have gotten so bitter. In Heroes things seem more or less fair, even with the gaps in the representation but in Warriors that's not the case at all. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

19 minutes ago, TheSS said:

HW packs were 8 dollars each, these are about 13 dollars each, so it sounds like we can expect more from each one. They are probably trying to make the cast as expansive as possible, which I'm glad about.

It DOES make me worried about the amount of movesets in the main game. But overall, the total number of movesets available to play with isn't the most important part of the game. I just hope this means any history maps they give us are really substantial.

The season pass costs the exact same for both and ended up $20 for HW; when we get the translated info, the packs will probably cost the same as well.

Edited by The DanMan

WELP.

I mean, here's hoping more DLC will be on the way, but starting off with DLC from the focus games is...questionable of a decision, not to mention makes the PR look like blatant liars.

Regardless, I'll still get the game; for my new Switch, no less! And I'll decide whether to buy DLC based on a process a YouTuber/Twitch streamer named Tom Fawkes once shown:

1) Play the base game for awhile.

2a) If you want to keep playing, buy the DLC.

2b) If you don't, don't buy it.

12 minutes ago, TheSS said:

It's true that the awakening/fates fans make up the bulk of the fan base but it's not like the older fans disappeared over night. They deserve more for being with the series for so long. 

I already decided that I would get the DLC after the game. But wait, they;re gonna have a bride Lucina? I mean, I don't mind too much since I love Lucina, but... why? Why not have other characters instead of another version of an existing one? It makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm not sure what on earth you're talking about. Yes, I also get the impression that the Fire Emblem fanbase is a bit more negative than a lot of other game fandoms, but this statement doesn't even begin to make sense. First of all, both on Serenes and on the subreddit, Heroes is widely appreciated, and in large part because you can play around with your favorites across the entire series and more are constantly being added, which is primarily what people wanted out of Warriors. It has also made Intelligent Systems truckloads of money. 

More importantly, however, the fanbase doesn't owe Intelligent Systems or Koei Tecmo anything. We're consumers who pay them for a service they provide; we're not biting the hand that feeds us. We're fully entitled to our opinions, and if the response is so overwhelmingly negative like with Warriors, then it's more than likely that it's the developers and their PR who are at fault, not random gamers.

I'm not blaming the gamers, I agree that the developers are, to some extent, at fault. But what I'm trying to say is that there is no end to the complaining in this fanbase. It's so divided, and while it may be a vocal minority, it's too vocal, and it's everywhere. Maybe I was...hasty, to say that this fanbase doesn't deserve anything, but it gets frustrating. You're excited for something, and you think, oh, nobody I know likes this, let's go on a forum and talk about it, only to see so much negativity.

I get it, I do. The PR has been god awful for Warriors, the roster is predictable, it's the same old arguments over and over again. It's tiring, it's irritating, so forgive me if I get a tad too frustrated over this.

As for what I listed...Heroes has been ragged on for having a lot of Fates and Awakening characters at launch, and people are saying it's being shoved in their faces, but besides Bride!Charlotte and a few variants, they haven't gotten exclusive banners at all. Conquest's gameplay was an attempt to emulate the older titles, but again, it's caused a divide. This is mainly due to it being a 'branching path' and the poor story, but do you at least see where I'm coming from? Echoes was a remake of Gaiden, but you have people hating it due to no avatars, S-ranks, etc, as well as people complaining about poor gameplay. There's no uniting this fanbase, and it's god awful.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I already decided that I would get the DLC after the game. But wait, they;re gonna have a bride Lucina? I mean, I don't mind too much since I love Lucina, but... why? Why not have other characters instead of another version of an existing one? It makes no sense.

It's just a costume for her not an entirely different character/moveset. It's a bonus for buying the Season Pass like the Dark Link costume was for Hyrule Warriors 

Edited by Solaris998

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It a costume, not a new playable fighter. 

My biggest worry for this DLC is that they will have the characters show up in the story, but not be playable/NPCs until the DLC. They did this with the Samurai Warriors games from 2 onwards with it's Xtreme Legends expansions with the characters appearing, but only having a generic commander moveset until the expansion was released. I worry that they will do that with some of the characters here (Like Navarre. He appears in the story, thank you EU trailer, but he might not be playable until the DLC, since no trailer yet)...I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm not blaming the gamers, I agree that the developers are, to some extent, at fault. But what I'm trying to say is that there is no end to the complaining in this fanbase. It's so divided, and while it may be a vocal minority, it's too vocal, and it's everywhere. Maybe I was...hasty, to say that this fanbase doesn't deserve anything, but it gets frustrating. You're excited for something, and you think, oh, nobody I know likes this, let's go on a forum and talk about it, only to see so much negativity.

I get it, I do. The PR has been god awful for Warriors, the roster is predictable, it's the same old arguments over and over again. It's tiring, it's irritating, so forgive me if I get a tad too frustrated over this.

Awakening is my favorite game in the series; I know all about people hating on something you love. But at the end of the day, those are just random people on the internet. You've got to detach yourself from it.

When compared to other gaming communities I've been a part of, Fire Emblem ranks pretty high in negativity, I agree, but I must say I understand why a lot of people are disappointed now. This series spans almost 30 years and 15 games, yet we're only focusing on a fraction of them and the characters involved in a crossover game that should celebrate the entire seies. That's no small issue to have with a game.

As for what I listed...Heroes has been ragged on for having a lot of Fates and Awakening characters at launch, and people are saying it's being shoved in their faces, but besides Bride!Charlotte and a few variants, they haven't gotten exclusive banners at all. Conquest's gameplay was an attempt to emulate the older titles, but again, it's caused a divide. This is mainly due to it being a 'branching path' and the poor story, but do you at least see where I'm coming from? Echoes was a remake of Gaiden, but you have people hating it due to no avatars, S-ranks, etc, as well as people complaining about poor gameplay. There's no uniting this fanbase, and it's god awful.

This is all strictly anecdotal. I've seen people complain about reasonable things in Heroes, like natures and occasionally an overrepresentation of new characters for the seasonal banners, but overall the the community around that game is probably more positive than any other in the series. 

As for Echoes, I've literally never seen anyone complaining about no avatars or a lack of S-ranks. If you think people being upset about the gameplay is annoying, then I don't know what to tell you, because I personally found it borderline comedic how little they updated in an experimental game made 25 years ago. This is a forum; people are going to have a lot of thoughts and opinions, both negative and positive.

Edited by Thane

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Awakening is my favorite game in the series; I know all about people hating on something you love. But at the end of the day, those are just random people on the internet. You've got to detach yourself from it.

When compared to other gaming communities I've been a part of, Fire Emblem ranks pretty high in negativity, I agree, but I must say I understand why a lot of people are disappointed now. This series spans almost 30 years and 15 games, yet we're only focusing on a fraction of them and the characters involved in a crossover game that should celebrate the entire seies. That's no small issue to have with a game.

This is all strictly anecdotal. I've seen people complain about reasonable things in Heroes, like natures and occasionally an overrepresentation of new characters for the seasonal banners, but overall the the community around that game is probably more positive than any other in the series. 

As for Echoes, I've literally never seen anyone complaining about no avatars or a lack of S-ranks. If you think people are upset about the gameplay is annoying, then I don't know what to tell you, because I personally found it borderline comedic how little they updated in an experimental game made 25 years ago. This is a forum; people are going to have a lot of thoughts and opinions, both negative and positive.

You're right, and I guess I am getting a little too worked up (I'm just passionate don't mind me), but yeah. I just think it's all getting blown out of proportion.

I am of the small group that believes that picking three games to focus on is a good idea, though Koei really screwed that up. At this point I don't care about weapon balance, heck, when the game was announced, I wanted a lord fest plus Anna, no matter how many swords there were.

Ah well. I'm just going to have to let it go, I've calmed down a bit now anyways. It's jjst the waiting game again now. :)

55 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Soooooo, after all this who is still planning on buying the game? I still do but just in case I'll look if there's any secrets in the Japanese game once it's released. I need know what's the dealio with Navarre.

Im still buying it even if its really sad that they focus only on 3 games (but can't really blame it they want to focus on the game who boost the series popularity) im sure the TGS didn't show us everything 

Also for the peoples who wish the game to fail, you really need to chill.

1 hour ago, ChickenBits said:

Soooooo, after all this who is still planning on buying the game? I still do but just in case I'll look if there's any secrets in the Japanese game once it's released. I need know what's the dealio with Navarre.

If by some magical Miracle I get enough money for both mario oddysse and fire emblem warriors. Ill totally get them both.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:44 AM, flare9 said:

If the game is a success there could be a fire emblem warriors 2 with double the rooster

No one wants to wait 1 1/2+ years to see a possibly not even going to happen sequel that may not even have the characters they want in it.

On 9/24/2017 at 0:32 PM, ChickenBits said:

It's true that the awakening/fates fans make up the bulk of the fan base but it's not like the older fans disappeared over night. They deserve more for being with the series for so long. 

As I've said to someone before, the old fans are, at the least, a large minority of ~30% (my guess anyway). 

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

I'm still buying. Can't wait for it actually. I don't have an issue with the roster itself, I have an issue with Koei's PR. As far as the game itself goes, it still looks amazing to me. Can't wait to play it.

I'm still buying. It's Fire Emblem, and a crossover that I've wanted to boot. It's got Marth, Caeda and Tiki, the music and graphics are amazing, and the voice acting is nice. Tensions are high, but I just need to calm down.