FE Warriors DLC

FoxyGrandpa

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

I don't know, I'm sort of happy that the DLC focuses on SD, Awakening, and Fates given that their casts felt a bit underdeveloped. Like, I really would have loved to see character's like Henry, Catria, WRYS, and Azura, all of whom sadly didn't make it in. 

Fans of older games won't be happy, but to be honest, that really doesn't matter when nothing was going to sell most of them on this game in the first place.

Not really. This has kinda been a dream game for me and this just really bums me out. The cast might have felt a little bit underdeveloped but imagine what the cast of older games is gonna feel like (if and when they make it into the dlc eventually). 

That Bride Lucina has basically the exact same wedding dress as Bride Cordelia in Heroes. Makes me wonder if we'll see her with it in in a Heroes banner in the future.

While I did expect more Fates, Awakening, and SD characters in DLC, I didn't think it'd ONLY be those. Maybe a free DLC outside of these will add Ike or something. I'm still surprised he didn't make it in with his popularity, despite Lyn did.

Only real bad thing is if they do indeed add Tharja in the Awakening DLC pack, we have to wait for her a while into 2018.

"We didn't include Azura (in the base game) because we didn't want there to be too many Fates characters." -Devs

"The first DLC pack will be Fates characters" -also the Devs

Stay classy, you guys

Edited by NekoKnight

Like HW then. We can say Echoes is going to be in the 4th or 5th dlc pack, and Blazing Sword too. Maybe heroes characters (Alfonse and Sharena) as bonus like Medli? And Radiant Dawn as the expansion, as much as I wanted them being in the base game.

40 minutes ago, Lau said:

I'm more excited for the SD pack. Xane, please!

Apparently they namedropped several SD characters in the stream, Jagen, Hardin and Julian. Anyone confirm this?

Xanders VA specifically mentioned Julian as a personal favorite of his and that he would like to see him in the game, according to someone in my Discord.

1 minute ago, Metakirby said:

Like HW then. We can say Echoes is going to be in the 4th or 5th dlc pack, and Blazing Sword too. Maybe heroes characters (Alfonse and Sharena) as bonus like Medli? And Radiant Dawn as the expansion, as much as I wanted them being in the base game.

They only mentioned 3 DLC packs. They seem pretty set on these 3 games. Celica feels shoehorned in to rep Echoes as the most recent mainline release, rather than an indicator that they want a full Echoes themed part of the game.

58 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Fans of older games won't be happy, but to be honest, that really doesn't matter when nothing was going to sell most of them on this game in the first place.

DLC for the older games is exactly what would have sold those fans on the game.

I think Shadow dragon DLC is fair. They still need more reps but I would be lying if I said I didn't prefer every other game to have dlc over them. Still, if Hardin is one of the DLC characters then I'm good.

For this DLCs, I'd choose 5 for each pack. I consider villains doesn't show up and they're not playable (although knowing Validar is a clone of Robin would be a shame if they want us to pay for it. Or redesigned independent movesets or free, pls).

Fates

Considering we have more or less 95 independent characters (playable, bosses and NPCs) and being my favourite games it's my most difficult case. I know there is an excess of Conquest characters (and a completely lack of Birthright ones), but even though I have Birthright characters that I would love to play with they're not my preferences.

• Garon: is the character I want the most. the Bövelrk can give an awesome moveset. I consider the weapon itself and Garon style as Nohrian King are enough to give him an excelent moveset, but even with that he can improve it taking characteristics from his alternative forms (from Birthright and Conquest). If not, I'd love an Empty Vessel costume.
  • Lilith: even if she doesn't use dragonstones, I think they could make something really cool with her... I know it's an impossible dream, with all the relevant characters that the games have (at least more relevant than Lilith). I think is better to use her Astral Dragon powers instead of shurikens and daggers as a maid... because of Felicia and Jakob.
  • Arthur: we only have Lissa as a "normal" axe wielder, and I really love this guy... I think it could be a joke-type character (well, sort of) considering his misfortune. I'm thinking in the Arthur-Kagero supports. In them the bad luck of Arthur helps Kagero in developing her art... Instead of that, the misfortune of Arthur could actually act as a some kind of help in battle (I know, it's a little too chaotic idea).
  • Effie: for armoured unit, and also is one of my favourite characters. With her extreme power, she could do attacks like some of the Link's Gauntlets attacks (like raise giant rocks and throw them to the opponents). I think she could also use her shield to complement some other attacks.
  • Azura: I think I read here that she was half-hinted, so if that's true I'm forced to put her. Mixing infantry lance unit, ther dance abilities and water-control power can create in her a very unique moveset.
  • Honorable mentions: Odin, Anankos (Heart/Human form), Hana, Scarlet, Kaden (maybe impossible seeing the game), Saizo, Yukimura and Reina.

Shadow Dragon

I've never played the game (neither MotE), but I'll try to put the ones I found more interesting watching their classes or thinks like that. I'll consider Mystery of the Emblem too (the "New" kanji is reeeeeally suspicious).

• Camus: one of the few characters I know (and only because of Echoes and Heroes). His Gradivus can make a great moveset due the distance properties of the lance. He''s also one of the most recurrent characters, so... he has this in his favour :v.
  • Naga: I don't know. I think it would be awesome having the leader of the Divine Dragons as a playable character. If she has enough power to don't turn mad for the pass of the ages (we see her in Awakening without the psychological problems of Mila and Duma as in Echoes) she can unleash a really powerful moveset (maybe in terms of equallity would be better to make her a little weaker).
  • Jake: I think it would be awesome to have a ballistican. His moveset would be completely different of the rest of the roster. He could use bows as the weapons to equip (instead of generate a new type of weapon only for him) as the class does in Fates.
  • Merric: a friend of mine that played the games told me that the mages of the franchise are mostly based on Merric, so (if it's true) it would be a good reference. He can specialize only in wind attacks (due to Excalibur).
  • Wrys: meme power
  • Navarre: only if he doesn't appear as a playable character in the base roster (I doubt it, but these from KT/IS/Nintendo are really crazy, so... XD). In this case I don't know what to say
  • Honorable mentions: the Whitewings (split them is a bad idea, in my opinion, at least if they don't make as Robin/Corrin cases). Minerva (I think is into the Whitewings, but as I'm not sure I'm going to remark her appart anyways) and Medeus or Gharnef (applies the same as Validar).

Awakening

Another of the few games I played (too few, I know (I wish I had more time to play the rest of the games)). I'm directly ignoring Validar. I said his case twice and I'm not going to spend a slot to explain the same for the third time.

• Walhart: the second character I want the most. He can perfectly have a completely different moveset from Frederick's one thanks to the Wolf Berg (it would be a similar case from Camus with the Gradivus, but with an axe instead of a lance). They also could put them his unique skill "Conquest" to make him more difficult as a boss and a better playable character (as he is in his original game).
  • Cherche: another character I'd love to use in Warriors. Her case is a bit difficult, because she could use lances or axes. I think we have enough flying units with lances, but if we put axes to Cherche we can sin to put her a clonic moveset of Camilla (which I won't like it very much, and I'm pretty sure I'd not be the only one),
  • Kellam: I think on him as a complement for Effie. I love the character in Awakening. Maybe they could also implement his "capability" of being always unnoticed as part of his moveset.
  • Basilio: I don't know, but I would love to see him in Warriors, and I don't know any reason for it.
  • Aversa: I don't care so much for the character, but I think having a Dark Flier would be interesting (and focusing her in magic instead of lances... Camilla should learn a couple of things about that).
  • Honorable mentions: Gangrel, Sthal, Gregor, Noire (I doubt childs would appear apart of Lucina and maybe the Awakening-Fates trio), Adult Tiki (if she gets another moveset... I like Young Tiki's one, but I prefer Adult Tiki and this moveset doesn't fit at all XD) and Olivia (no, I don't put Tharja, she never liked me).

Good, they said that it was going to be about SD, Awakening and Fates, so at least those should have a good enough representation (something they don't have in this moment), now if they announce a sequel in the future with other games in it everything will be alright (not really, they have messed up lots of things, but it would solve some of them)

Anyway, this makes kinda obvious that Lyn and Celica are late additions imo.

30 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

They only mentioned 3 DLC packs. They seem pretty set on these 3 games. Celica feels shoehorned in to rep Echoes as the most recent mainline release, rather than an indicator that they want a full Echoes themed part of the game.

Oh I readed 5 somewhere, well we'll see then, and wait a lot :')

Below are my predictions, not including base villains, and assuming 5 characters per pack.

Fates

• Azura - Of course, opens for Vallan History Maps
  • Oboro - Most popular Hoshidan retainer, infantry lance
  • Arthur - Infantry axe, Nohrian retainer, jokey character (could also be Niles)
  • Odin - Another mage, technically double representative whammy
  • Selena - Same thing except another swordie, so she could potentially be an easy clone

Shadow Dragon

• Navarre - Come out come out wherever you are
  • Minerva - She would be the game's second wyvern rider! And she would open up Macedonian History Maps
  • Merric - An important character, mage, etc.
  • Linde -  The first light mage
  • Michalis - Villain of Macedonian History Maps

Awakening

• Tharja - As if she won't be there
  • Virion - A character who seems to like getting into spinoffs, opens up Valmian History Maps
  • Cherche - The most popular Awakening girl not already in, foil to Virion and appears in Valm
  • Gaius - A popular boi
  • Walhart - Villain of Valmian History Maps

44 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Below are my predictions, not including base villains, and assuming 5 characters per pack.

Fates

• Azura - Of course, opens for Vallan History Maps
  • Oboro - Most popular Hoshidan retainer, infantry lance
  • Arthur - Infantry axe, Nohrian retainer, jokey character (could also be Niles)
  • Odin - Another mage, technically double representative whammy
  • Selena - Same thing except another swordie, so she could potentially be an easy clone

Shadow Dragon

• Navarre - Come out come out wherever you are
  • Minerva - She would be the game's second wyvern rider! And she would open up Macedonian History Maps
  • Merric - An important character, mage, etc.
  • Linde -  The first light mage
  • Michalis - Villain of Macedonian History Maps

Awakening

• Tharja - As if she won't be there
  • Virion - A character who seems to like getting into spinoffs, opens up Valmian History Maps
  • Cherche - The most popular Awakening girl not already in, foil to Virion and appears in Valm
  • Gaius - A popular boi
  • Walhart - Villain of Valmian History Maps

5 a pack seems very generous. I would guess more along the lines of 2 each. How many DLC characters did Hyrule Warriors get?

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

5 a pack seems very generous. I would guess more along the lines of 2 each. How many DLC characters did Hyrule Warriors get?

It went from 13 to 29. The DLC pack that costed the same amount as the FEW DLC pack contained 5 characters.

The season pass costs 3000 yen, right? Hyrule Warriors' first season pass also costed 3000 yen in Japan, but in the US it was $19.99 (or €14.99 in the EU and £13.49 in the UK), so it might be cheaper internationally. You can see more HW DLC prices for comparision here if you want.

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I hope the game does succeed but I wouldn't be so sure.

The large amount of negativity and the very uncomfortable close release with Mario Oddessy aren't a good combination.

I think it might just because while the internet-surfing crowd knows about everything and is either negative, positive, or somewhere in between, the normies people who don't surf the net as often (or not as big FE fans) don't know the stuff we do and may buy it anyway. Taking the internet's opinion as the general public opinion usually is incorrect.

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

"We didn't include Azura (in the base game) because we didn't want there to be too many Fates characters." -Devs

"The first DLC pack will be Fates characters" -also the Devs

Stay classy, you guys

To be fair, early decision/VS late decision about add-on material.

54 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The season pass costs 3000 yen, right? Hyrule Warriors' first season pass also costed 3000 yen in Japan, but in the US it was $19.99 (or €14.99 in the EU and £13.49 in the UK), so it might be cheaper internationally. You can see more HW DLC prices for comparision here if you want.

Switch online will also be 3000 yen but $20. Seems like a bit of a pattern for Nintendo.

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

That Bride Lucina has basically the exact same wedding dress as Bride Cordelia in Heroes. Makes me wonder if we'll see her with it in in a Heroes banner in the future.

While I did expect more Fates, Awakening, and SD characters in DLC, I didn't think it'd ONLY be those. Maybe a free DLC outside of these will add Ike or something. I'm still surprised he didn't make it in with his popularity, despite Lyn did.

Only real bad thing is if they do indeed add Tharja in the Awakening DLC pack, we have to wait for her a while into 2018.

It's just the generic Awakening Bride class dress. That's why they look the same.

19 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

What are the chances we get additional History Mode maps with these packs? Like the Adventure Maps in HW?

I'd say pretty good.

Well now, it is kind of funny that they said "too many Fates characters" and proceeded to announce that the first DLC they'll release aside from the season pass bonus will be the "Fates pack".

I'm gonna stick to believing in what RotumGuy says and assume each of these will include at least a few characters.  $12 for just one or two characters would be a ripoff unless there's a bunch of other stuff in them.

I'll just share some thoughts on these packs, and what I think might be likely.

Fates Pack

Spoiler
  • At this point, they're probably gonna put Azura in, especially if that hint is any indication
  • 'Boro likely, but not guaranteed; she'd take precedent over most other minor Hoshidans, and, in my humble opinion, is definitely a good choice
  • They might also include some Nohrian; I doubt it'll be anyone from the Awakening Trio, but I'm unsure if they actually will care about weapon diversity in the DLC
  • Among the Nohrians, it could be Arthur, Charlotte, or Niles; I hope for the former two more than the last, as we really need more axes
  • Given we will probably see Azura, I expect Revelation representation in the form of History Maps, and it'll serve as a ground we can use our new character(s) in  Finally, the retainers have a chance to shine in Valla, maybe
  • Obligatory Garon will probably be unlocked for people to play as when this pack releases if he isn't unlocked beforehand

Shadow Dragon Pack

Spoiler
  • Where the heck do I even start with this one?
  • If we won't see much of the beginning cast (Christmas Knights, Draug, Gordin, Jeigan, Wrys, etc.) in the base game, I don't expect most of them will make it in DLC
  • Minerva would be a shoe-in
  • Camus would be a shoe-in if he isn't in base game
  • Potential Whitewings
  • Potential Merric
  • Possible Mystery Book 2/New Mystery reps
  • Same villain rule from the Fates pack applies here for whoever our SD villain would be
  • To that extent, if Hardin isn't in, he could make come with this pack, though he's less likely than Camus or Minerva
  • History Maps would revolve around whoever comes; I could easily see them doing an Archanea Saga map if Minerva, the Whitewings, and Hardin all make it in; alternatively, they'd just cover a chapter from SD/Mystery that otherwise wasn't covered
  • Xane confirmed

Awakening Pack

Spoiler
  • Obligatory Tharja inclusion
  • Possible Gaius
  • Virion?
  • Adult Tiki?
  • Possible Donnel?  They said at some point that they "recognize" that he's a "fan favorite"; was that just PR talk, or do they actually intend to include him?  That's a rhetorical question; don't answer it
  • We might get 2nd Genners?  If so, it'd obviously be the notorious Trio
  • Same villain rule, though we may get Walhart as well
  • I don't know what to expect from History Mode in this regard aside from something to represent whatever new characters join; if we get kids, we might get either the Hot Springs scramble, Future Past, the kids' Paralogues, or something completely different
  •              

Ideally, they'd use these packs to diversify the cast.  Get more axes, lances, and maybe even magic.  I hope they'll resist the urge to include more sword users unless each of these packs are dominated by those who use other weapons.

Lastly, I wasn't really expecting them to do this any differently.  And honestly, I'm okay with it.  Hopefully if we get a sequel, we'll get broader representation and these casts would basically be set for a good long while.  But aside from that, I was kind of hoping they'd first focus on rounding out their "focused" casts and then later work on including other games.

2 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I think it might just because while the internet-surfing crowd knows about everything and is either negative, positive, or somewhere in between, the normies people who don't surf the net as often (or not as big FE fans) don't know the stuff we do and may buy it anyway. Taking the internet's opinion as the general public opinion usually is incorrect.

I think this is something we should all keep in mind.

And another thing to add; people tend to express themselves in a more extreme manner on the internet, sometimes to the point where everything they say is hyperbole.  Even I'm guilty of this sometimes.  People can also be sarcastic or trolling.

So yeah, take everything with a grain of salt, folks.  The internet is a silly place.